Page 848 of 867 FirstFirst ... 348 748 798 838 846 847 848 849 850 858 ... LastLast
Results 21,176 to 21,200 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I woke up yesterday morning and Mr. Tisha surprised me by whisking me away for a long weekend in St. Augustine.

He's the best husband I've ever had. I'm keeping him.

I haven't been to St. Augustine since I went with my 'adopted' Mom about 6 years ago at Christmas. It's a really cool town! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I've had impeachment proceedings on TV for the last few days. Much to be sad, disappointed, and worried about. But. One amazing change. If I think back to my childhood memories of the Nixon mess, all the players were oldish white men. Well not ALL there was Barbara Jordan and maybe one or two other outliers. But for the most part? Yeah. Old white guys. And I will admit that part of the change might be my age. After all lots of people who looked old to 14 year old me, would look young today. �� but so many of the Impeachment managers and the reporters and commentators? They look like America. It is progress.
    The sad thing is that there are so many people that see that as THE problem with America. But yes, it makes me happy that so many previously unrepresented persons now have a seat at the table.

wrong thread.... sorry
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I live two hours from St. Augustine. I love the area. It's so pretty!
    It's beautiful, I love it. I've always wanted to visit St. Augustine, but every time we're near it we're in a hurry to get somewhere else, so this is a real treat.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

My bed is making me very, very happy. It's an attitude of gratitude in the Tisha household today!

1. The box spring got here a week early.
    2. We were driving back from St. Augustine when it arrived, but my 92yo neighbor saw the truck and accepted the delivery, bless her.
    3. Mr. Tisha didn't let it sit around the bedroom in the box for 3 days, it's in place and the HUGE box is broken down and discarded.
    4. I can finally sit on the bed with my feet touching the floor, I can sit on the edge of my bed and get dressed like a normal Yoomin Bean. Yay!

AND.... as I was typing this out, more happy bed news!

5. I just got notified that the headboard will be here tomorrow (also a week early!).

Life, she is good....

Awesome news KimTisha! Beds are everything!

My son took his first steps yesterday!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My son took his first steps yesterday!!!
    Awwww, he's growing up so fast! Now you'll be chasing him everywhere!

OMG, OMG, OMG...I got a vaccine appointment for Friday!!! I have been trying obsessively since Monday with no luck. Every once in a while one for Orange County Convention Center (the only one I am eligible for since they lowered the age) will pop up but it's always gone before I can get through the 3 steps to finalize it.

While I was on hold earlier today with Sprint for 1.5 hours I refreshed the site every 5 seconds for the entire time with nothing at all popping for OCC.

I refreshed it a couple of times in the last hour and had really given up. I was working on framing some stuff and got online to check this site and thought "what the heck, I'll try one more time" and it was the only available appointment for all 4 counties that are using that site...and I got it...and it's Friday!!!

I was so afraid that they were going to open it to everyone next and I would never get it. So I get mine Friday and hubby gets his early next week, and then we have our 2nd shots in mid April. I want to dance I am so happy! After finding out my brother died, and having my friend die last summer, I have been holding my breath waiting for this!

I hope everyone else can get their vaccines soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    OMG, OMG, OMG...I got a vaccine appointment for Friday!!! I have been trying obsessively since Monday with no luck. Every once in a while one for Orange County Convention Center (the only one I am eligible for since they lowered the age) will pop up but it's always gone before I can get through the 3 steps to finalize it.

While I was on hold earlier today with Sprint for 1.5 hours I refreshed the site every 5 seconds for the entire time with nothing at all popping for OCC.

I refreshed it a couple of times in the last hour and had really given up. I was working on framing some stuff and got online to check this site and thought "what the heck, I'll try one more time" and it was the only available appointment for all 4 counties that are using that site...and I got it...and it's Friday!!!

I was so afraid that they were going to open it to everyone next and I would never get it. So I get mine Friday and hubby gets his early next week, and then we have our 2nd shots in mid April. I want to dance I am so happy! After finding out my brother died, and having my friend die last summer, I have been holding my breath waiting for this!

Yay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

what makes me happy?
    remembering my user name here so I can get back in after changing my password.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I got my first two weeks ago but the Mr was dead set on not getting one. Then he called me one day last week and said "I'll get one but only the J&J" .. no can do. So the next day he calls me and says "just sign me up for the one you got." He got his 1st on Monday. I get my second next week.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I got my first two weeks ago but the Mr was dead set on not getting one. Then he called me one day last week and said "I'll get one but only the J&J" .. no can do. So the next day he calls me and says "just sign me up for the one you got." He got his 1st on Monday. I get my second next week.
    I'm happy for everyone getting them! I find it funny how many people have come around on getting it here lately.

I'm happy for everyone getting them! I find it funny how many people have come around on getting it here lately.

I was chomping at the bit to get it. We've been hermits because we were taking care of my mother-in-law. She passed away last month but I still wanted asap. My Dr got me in early, my BP was out of control but the Mr was iffy. I think he's more fear than undecided so I was thrilled when he backed down and got it.

I was chomping at the bit to get it. We've been hermits because we were taking care of my mother-in-law. She passed away last month but I still wanted asap. My Dr got me in early, my BP was out of control but the Mr was iffy. I think he's more fear than undecided so I was thrilled when he backed down and got it.
    I'm sorry about your MIL. I moved on our appointments as soon as I was able to. As far as fear, there's a lot more to fear about COVID than the vaccine.

I'm sorry about your MIL. I moved on our appointments as soon as I was able to. As far as fear, there's a lot more to fear about COVID than the vaccine.
    I had an appt. in April but checked the county site religiously and got a cancellation slot. They've lowered the age here so I think more people will get it. I can't figure out why anyone wouldn't.

Thank you. She was 90 and had pretty bad leg swelling/leaking issues since Nov. We had a nurse three days a week for wound care and I did the other days. But she didn't want to do the elevating or the wraps because she'd developed cellulitis too and it hurt. She was in a lot of pain and was taking strong meds. Her heart just stopped one day. She hadn't answered her phone so we headed over and along the way we both knew what we'd find. Her greatest wish was to be w/ his Dad. I truly believe she is, I want to believe it. I need to have that thought for her more than for me.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad she's no longer in pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I had an appt. in April but checked the county site religiously and got a cancellation slot. They've lowered the age here so I think more people will get it. I can't figure out why anyone wouldn't.

Thank you. She was 90 and had pretty bad leg swelling/leaking issues since Nov. We had a nurse three days a week for wound care and I did the other days. But she didn't want to do the elevating or the wraps because she'd developed cellulitis too and it hurt. She was in a lot of pain and was taking strong meds. Her heart just stopped one day. She hadn't answered her phone so we headed over and along the way we both knew what we'd find. Her greatest wish was to be w/ his Dad. I truly believe she is, I want to believe it. I need to have that thought for her more than for me.
    That's sad, but as CC said I'm glad she's no longer in pain.

I did the same, obsessively checking the county site, and finally grabbed a cancellation appt. It took me 3 days to do it, but it was worth it.

That's sad, but as CC said I'm glad she's no longer in pain.

I did the same, obsessively checking the county site, and finally grabbed a cancellation appt. It took me 3 days to do it, but it was worth it.

She was so miserable the past 7 or 8 months and we did everything we could but even splitting the care w/ his sister, we were all overwhelmed. We would have had no choice other than moving in w/ her or placing her in a care facility which she would have hated. I'm grateful her pain in over and grateful she never had to go into a facility. She was a wonderful lady but she was so tired, unhappy and in so much pain.

I'm getting my second shot today. I just want it over with.

Took roomie in for her second shot, so now, everyone in the house has had their two. She says she doesn't feel any worse because of the shot, so good deal. Mom and her caregiver are both two weeks past so "fully vaccinated. I have 7 days and roomie has 14 to go. Caregiver came back to work yesterday. I think she should have taken more time off, but, what can you do?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

She was so miserable the past 7 or 8 months and we did everything we could but even splitting the care w/ his sister, we were all overwhelmed. We would have had no choice other than moving in w/ her or placing her in a care facility which she would have hated. I'm grateful her pain in over and grateful she never had to go into a facility. She was a wonderful lady but she was so tired, unhappy and in so much pain.

I'm getting my second shot today. I just want it over with.
    Took roomie in for her second shot, so now, everyone in the house has had their two. She says she doesn't feel any worse because of the shot, so good deal. Mom and her caregiver are both two weeks past so "fully vaccinated. I have 7 days and roomie has 14 to go. Caregiver came back to work yesterday. I think she should have taken more time off, but, what can you do?
    Took hubby to get his 1st shot today. I'm almost a week out from my first shot....we're all slowly getting there!

Puzz, I'm glad your mom's caregiver was able to come back to work, but that is fast! I would limit her as much as possible so she doesn't over-do it.

My dog makes my every day happy!!!!

Took hubby to get his 1st shot today. I'm almost a week out from my first shot....we're all slowly getting there!

Puzz, I'm glad your mom's caregiver was able to come back to work, but that is fast! I would limit her as much as possible so she doesn't over-do it.
    Glad you all are on your way to fully vaccinated!! Do they make the appointment for the second shot right away for you or are you stuck trying to make it yourself? I cannot believe the run around some places are giving. South Dakota has screwed up, oh so many things, when it comes to covid, but the vaccination process has been smooth. All of the original vaccine providers have portals where you can sign up for the waiting list and pick the site that's handiest for you. When your turn comes you get a call, text or email, letting you know that you can sign up now. I got a text with a link giving me a couple choices for times. I picked a time and just had to show up. They schedule the second appointment when you show up for the first shot. If you don't have a cell phone or email, you can call a number and the call center puts you on the list. My Aunt and Uncle signed up that way and it worked smoothly. They had to try a few times because the lines were busy, but it took maybe 1/2 dozen tries. There have been a few "pop up" sites like IHS or the Va., but most of the shots have been thru one of the big medical groups in state. Even if your PCP isn't part of the group it was easy to set up an account on their portal so you could sign up for a shot.\\

Ceci is an awesome person. I've been trying to encourage her to rest often or at least just pick something shed like to watch/listen to and just take it easy. As long as mom has company and some one to fix a snack now and again... But I'm always catching her "doing way more than she should"
    Last edited by puzzld; 04-02-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Glad you all are on your way to fully vaccinated!! Do they make the appointment for the second shot right away for you or are you stuck trying to make it yourself? I cannot believe the run around some places are giving. South Dakota has screwed up, oh so many things, when it comes to covid, but the vaccination process has been smooth. All of the original vaccine providers have portals where you can sign up for the waiting list and pick the site that's handiest for you. When your turn comes you get a call, text or email, letting you know that you can sign up now. I got a text with a link giving me a couple choices for times. I picked a time and just had to show up. They schedule the second appointment when you show up for the first shot. If you don't have a cell phone or email, you can call a number and the call center puts you on the list. My Aunt and Uncle signed up that way and it worked smoothly. They had to try a few times because the lines were busy, but it took maybe 1/2 dozen tries. There have been a few "pop up" sites like IHS or the Va., but most of the shots have been thru one of the big medical groups in state. Even if your PCP isn't part of the group it was easy to set up an account on their portal so you could sign up for a shot.\\

Ceci is an awesome person. I've been trying to encourage her to rest often or at least just pick something shed like to watch/listen to and just take it easy. As long as mom has company and some one to fix a snack now and again... But I'm always catching her "doing way more than she should"
    Shockingly the actual vaccination process has been very smooth (probably because they bucked what DeSansBrains told them to do). The 2nd appointment was automatically scheduled at the same time 3 weeks after the first shot when I made the 1st appointment online. It was a well planned drive up clinic where you do the waiting period in your car near a medical tent and turn your flashers on and honk the horn if you need help. For both of our 1st appointments we have been in and out in less than 30 minutes after arriving, even with the 15 minute waiting period.

I have heard about people having to search out 2nd shots and having trouble getting them. The Covid Mary lady that I know drove all over the state trying to get her 2nd one after she jumped the line for the 1st one. If you go through the normal channels though the 2nd shot has either been automatically scheduled at places like where I went, or hasn't been hard to get at walk up clinics.

I'm glad you and your mom have someone like Ceci, but at the same time her awesomeness could get her in trouble. You're going to have to be the bad guy for awhile and make her not do to much. I am amazed that she's already back working this soon after a stroke!

Shockingly the actual vaccination process has been very smooth (probably because they bucked what DeSansBrains told them to do). The 2nd appointment was automatically scheduled at the same time 3 weeks after the first shot when I made the 1st appointment online. It was a well planned drive up clinic where you do the waiting period in your car near a medical tent and turn your flashers on and honk the horn if you need help. For both of our 1st appointments we have been in and out in less than 30 minutes after arriving, even with the 15 minute waiting period.

I have heard about people having to search out 2nd shots and having trouble getting them. The Covid Mary lady that I know drove all over the state trying to get her 2nd one after she jumped the line for the 1st one. If you go through the normal channels though the 2nd shot has either been automatically scheduled at places like where I went, or hasn't been hard to get at walk up clinics.

I'm glad you and your mom have someone like Ceci, but at the same time her awesomeness could get her in trouble. You're going to have to be the bad guy for awhile and make her not do to much. I am amazed that she's already back working this soon after a stroke!
    Yeah. Me too. Her son and daughter in law are coming to stay with her for a while. DIL is a cna. Hopefully they'll be able to sit on her. DIL is going to be covering for her here part time so she doesn't HAVE to worry about us (her words) and son works from home, so maybe he'll be able to ride herd on her while she rests. I don't know these folks, but hopefully they'll be a help to her, not just another chore.

My friends son finaly got an appointment for a vax. He's been wanting to come home to visit for ages, but with a brother and his mom both at risk, he just hasn't been able to come. Not even to make arrangements for his dad's funeral. So maybe by May day?

Thread Information