Page 785 of 867 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775 783 784 785 786 787 795 835 ... LastLast
Results 19,601 to 19,625 of 21658

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

Ambien and wine and GOT makes me happy.

My middle kid finally paid off her car. It's pretty much worthless. The worst car ever made and Suzuki quit even making cars, so parts are expensive and getting hard to find. Her wheel bearing is bad and she doesn't have 2 dimes to rub together. I took it to the guy who services my car and he gave me an estimate, can't do just the bearings...you have to buy the wheel assembly and it's $400. The good news it covered by the 7 yr powertrain warranty until July. She has been driving my car because the wheel was getting so damn hot, we were afraid of fire. We parked her car in the street and I said I hope it gets stolen. Left it unlocked and I guess even thieves know a crappy car when they see it. It also appears to have a leaky head gasket as the engine has a lot of oil all over it and that is covered too. We left it at the dealer and said to check out all the wheel bearings, fix the oil leak again and check out all parts covered by the powertrain. She has one month on an extended warranty too, so hopefully they call with a list of repairs.

Anyone want to buy a used car? It's been in the shop at least 4 times a year and sometimes for weeks at a time because they can't clear the check engine light after repairs.

you make it sound so tempting. is that your copy for the pennysaver?

oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to say all the negative when you're trying to sell a car it's usually "I've never had any problems and I drive it 500 miles to and from work daily!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    My middle kid finally paid off her car. It's pretty much worthless. The worst car ever made and Suzuki quit even making cars, so parts are expensive and getting hard to find. Her wheel bearing is bad and she doesn't have 2 dimes to rub together. I took it to the guy who services my car and he gave me an estimate, can't do just the bearings...you have to buy the wheel assembly and it's $400. The good news it covered by the 7 yr powertrain warranty until July. She has been driving my car because the wheel was getting so damn hot, we were afraid of fire. We parked her car in the street and I said I hope it gets stolen. Left it unlocked and I guess even thieves know a crappy car when they see it. It also appears to have a leaky head gasket as the engine has a lot of oil all over it and that is covered too. We left it at the dealer and said to check out all the wheel bearings, fix the oil leak again and check out all parts covered by the powertrain. She has one month on an extended warranty too, so hopefully they call with a list of repairs.

Anyone want to buy a used car? It's been in the shop at least 4 times a year and sometimes for weeks at a time because they can't clear the check engine light after repairs.
    How does this make anyone happy??

I'm happy the repair is covered by warranty. I didn't even dream that wheel bearings would be covered. It's such a costly repair for this car, that hubby had resigned himself to doing it himself and he works mandatory overtime. She has a month left on the warranties, so it's her last chance for free or cheap repairs on a very awful car. She was hoping to pay off some debts and save a little money before buying another car. I think she needs to ditch it before it blows up or something.

It is such a bad car that I would feel guilty selling it. I think a dealer needs to sell it as they apparently have no guilt...lol. She bought a new car by herself at 19y/o. It was a sensible car and new. When it was a year old her room mate had her car totaled in an accident, so they went car shopping for the room mate. The room mate bought the same car only in white and they talked my daughter into trading in her new car for one. She didn't pay much attention to the numbers, just if the payments were doable. She has paid $490/month for 7 fucking years. She has owed more than the car is worth for pretty much the whole 7 years. A couple yrs ago we tried to help her with trading her crappy car in from the dealer we buy our cars from. We offered to co-sign and couldn't secure a loan because her car had no worth and she owed way too much. He said to come back in a couple years.

Her room mate abandoned her car on the road after a breakdown and let the bank repo and ruin her credit.

Here's an example of how bad the car is. Her gas mileage wasn't very good and it made a funny sound when she would turn corners. They couldn't find anything wrong and suggested she put premium gas in it. A couple weeks later and her floor is wet. She takes it in for a leak of some sort. The leak was from the back window and the entire wheel well where the spare is had filled with water and began over flowing into the back seat. Since she spends no time in her back seat, she was oblivious to the problem. She did notice her windows would steam up..lol. Her gas mileage improved once the swimming pool was emptied.

holy shit. I've heard of people being taken and having to pay a shitton for crappy cars, but that is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Mary does your state have the Lemon Law?

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    DTTMMH: it's my birthday and my wife sent Shari's Berries to me at work Love that woman!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

DTTMMH: Finally getting your house back after a week turned into a month of your friend, her bf, and child staying with you.

This place is incredible:

http://buffalorising.com/2015/05/on-...r-lane-castle/

I had no idea this was even in Buffalo. I would consider moving back for this place if I could afford it. Freaking tits.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    This place is incredible:

http://buffalorising.com/2015/05/on-...r-lane-castle/

I had no idea this was even in Buffalo. I would consider moving back for this place if I could afford it. Freaking tits.
    OMG, it's gorgeous!

I seriously can't believe it's listed for less than a mil too.

I seriously can't believe it's listed for less than a mil too.
    Unreal.

I LOVE this.

Mary does your state have the Lemon Law?
    Yes, it's a very narrow law. She came close to it one time with the check engine light issue, but they were able to fix it on the third try. You can have 100 things break down and not qualify for a lemon, but if one thing can't be fixed in 3 tries then it's a lemon. The car has to be under 3yrs old and bought new.

This makes me happy.

I wish it were one of ours.

Yes, it's a very narrow law. She came close to it one time with the check engine light issue, but they were able to fix it on the third try. You can have 100 things break down and not qualify for a lemon, but if one thing can't be fixed in 3 tries then it's a lemon. The car has to be under 3yrs old and bought new.
    Wait. Do you mean she paid 490 a month for 7 years on the SAME car?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Wait. Do you mean she paid 490 a month for 7 years on the SAME car?
    Waitasec... yeah!
    On a Suzuki???

Here's an example of how bad the car is. Her gas mileage wasn't very good and it made a funny sound when she would turn corners. They couldn't find anything wrong and suggested she put premium gas in it. A couple weeks later and her floor is wet. She takes it in for a leak of some sort. The leak was from the back window and the entire wheel well where the spare is had filled with water and began over flowing into the back seat. Since she spends no time in her back seat, she was oblivious to the problem. She did notice her windows would steam up..lol. Her gas mileage improved once the swimming pool was emptied.
    When they suggested premium gasoline to fix gas mileage and a funny sound when turning corners, you have run, not walked, to another mechanic...

As long as you are upfront about the repairs and problems, you shouldn't feel bad selling it. Don't focus on the crap aspects, focus on the good, but be sure to mention the bad. Hope she can get a decent price to get something less stressful.

DTTMMH: Freaky Friday. Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan are both INCREDIBLE in this movie.

DTTMMH: Those baby puff cereals. Works like a charm on a whiny baby.

Why didn't they make these when my kids were small?

I would be like one for baby, one for me. We only had cheerios.

I have fond memories of gerber peaches. Can I borrow a baby to feed?

This came across my facebook and made me smile

full episodes of iron chef japan on youtube.

The super nice people who work in the little emergency clinic by my home. This afternoon, out of the blue, I had severe stomach pain. At one point I was face down on my bathroom floor because the tile felt good and id broken out in flop sweat from the pain. They got me right in, hydrated me, did blood work and cat scans and I was home in 2 hours. Not really sure what brought it on, but everything looks good and I tired but no longer hurting. It's the nicest clinic ever.

And, judging by my multitude of spelling errors up there, that painkiller is still doing its job.

Thread Information