Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two girls, 11 and 13, found shot on roadside

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    (Neener Article)

OKEMAH ?- Accused killer Kevin Sweat will undergo additional psychological testing to determine whether he understood he had waived his Miranda rights before confessing to investigators that he shot two Weleetka girls and killed his fianc?e, a judge ruled.

At a Tuesday hearing in Okfuskee County court, a forensic psychologist for the defense testified that Sweat wasn't able to give a "knowing and intelligent" waiver of his Miranda rights before the taped confessions the state plans to use as evidence of his guilt at trial.

Tuesday's hearing was part of ongoing court proceedings to determine whether Judge Lawrence Parish will allow jurors to see those taped confessions at Sweat's murder trial, scheduled to begin in August.

The pre-trial rehearing will resume March 26 after the state's chosen psychologist examines Sweat and reports his findings to the court.

The confessions, videotaped during OSBI interrogations of Sweat in 2011, are key pieces of evidence in both murder cases, which were joined into a single trial last year at the request of defense attorneys. Sweat faces three counts of first-degree murder for the 2008 deaths of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal-Placker and the 2011 death of his fianc?e, Ashley Taylor.

Forensic psychologist Bruce Frumkin told the court that he administered a "typical battery" of almost a dozen tests to determine if Sweat could have knowingly and intelligently waived his Miranda rights at the time of his 2011 interrogations. Frumkin said his answer was no.

During Tuesday's hearing, Frumkin testified that although Sweat scored "really well" on two of the three tests regarding his ability to understand waiving his Miranda rights, several tests showed problems with the way he perceives or processes information.

"Things get jumbled up in his brain," Frumkin told the court.

The officers reading his rights out loud may have read them too quickly for Sweat to fully understand, he said.

Though Sweat would currently be able to understand a waiver of his Miranda rights, he would not have been able to make a "knowing and intelligent" waiver on the two occasions he was interrogated by OSBI agents on videotape in 2011, Frumkin said.

Sweat also believed that because he had signed an application requesting representation by Oklahoma Indigent Defense System, his attorney would be present for the September 2011 interrogation by OSBI, Frumkin testified.

His testing revealed Sweat "misperceives and misprocesses things happening around him," Frumkin said.

For example, when Frumkin questioned Sweat regarding why his recollection of the videotaped confessions varied from what really happened, he explained that law officers "put poison in his can of soda," he told the court.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Agent Kurt Titsworth and former agent David Real both testified in December that Sweat's confessions were voluntary and not coerced.

Sweat signed documents before each that he knew and understood his Miranda rights before he told the agents that he shot Whitaker, 11, and Paschal-Placker, 13, in June 2008, prosecutors have argued.

Before testimony began, Sweat defense attorney Gretchen Mosley asked District Judge Lawrence Parish to issue a court order barring the Tulsa World and any other media present from reporting specifics of Sweat's intelligence exams. Mosley argued the tests have questions that are proprietary and should not be publicized.

Parish declined, saying he wasn't going to tell the World what to report, and he trusted the newspaper to make sound decisions in its reporting.

Later in the hearing, prosecutors requested that the results of their psychologists's testing of Sweat be sealed to protect proprietary information. Parish declined to order them sealed.

Sweat's attorneys have successfully argued in the past that testimony presented in the case be sealed.

In December, Parish agreed to a request by defense attorneys and closed part of a hearing regarding Sweat's confession in Taylor's death.

Defense attorney Wayne Woodyard had asked Parish to close the courtroom during cross-examination of Real, saying the testimony could taint the jury pool if published. The courtroom was reopened after Real's testimony was complete.

During his open testimony, Real testified that Sweat told him he cut Ashley Taylor's throat and jugular vein with a knife he'd thrown at her.

Her family reported her missing in July 2011, after the couple had supposedly traveled to Louisiana to get married. Sweat initially told investigators he'd last seen her walking down U.S. 75 after the couple argued and she demanded to get out of the car.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/....html?mode=jqm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't know if I buy that whole "monsters coming at him" thing.

I'm thinking he's not mentally ill, but has a very low IQ.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 06-04-2014 at 09:37 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Okay, this was in Part 2 and explains how Ashley's Parents knew about his connection to the murders in Weleetka.

In the parking lot of the apartment he shared with Ashley, Kevin is questioned. Kevin Sweat, in a clear voice, volunteers, ?I suppose I am gonna get blamed for this like I did the little Weleetka girls?? Michael Taylor is taken off track for a moment at what I call ?unconscious vomiting.? This is when someone with direct knowledge spills their guts with factual information when no one has asked for it. That is exactly what Kevin Sweat does in his conversation with Michael Taylor.

For the first time, Michael Taylor hears that Kevin was pulled in for questioning in the 2008 double murder of two little girls in a tiny Oklahoma town. Knowing that Sweat owned a gun, Taylor changes his line of questioning, asking Kevin, ?What did you do with the gun?? Kevin responds to Taylor?s question, ?It?s a 9mm, not .40 caliber,? like what was reported used in the Weleetka killings.

He set Ashley's body on fire, not either of the little girls. But I still question his "Monsters" story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't know if I buy that whole "monsters coming at him" thing. Didn't he set one of the girl's bodies on fire? Yeah that was to destroy evidence.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Man Suspected Of Killing Weleetka Girls, Fiancee Won't Have Jury Trial

OKFUSKEE COUNTY, Oklahoma - The man suspected of killing two Weleetka girls and his fianc?e will not have a jury trial. Okfuskee County court records show Kevin Sweat waived his right to a jury trial Thursday.
    A judge will preside over Sweat's murder trial, beginning on August 4th.

The Okemah News Leader reported extensively on the Thursday's courtroom proceedings.

The News Leader reported District Attorney Max Cook agreed to drop his pursuit of the death penalty if the jury trial was waived.

The paper also reported the families of the victims were in the courtroom and they supported the decision to head to a non-jury trial and dismiss the possibility of Sweat being put to death.

The News Leader detailed a conversation between Judge Lawrence Parish and Sweat himself, where Sweat affirmed that he was satisfied with his attorneys' advice and was willing to waive his right to a jury trial.

Sweat is charged with shooting and killing 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Placker on a dirt road outside Weleetka in 2008. Their bodies were found less than 1,000 feet from Placker's home.

He is also charged with murder in the 2011 murder of his girlfriend, 23-year-old Ashley Taylor.

http://www.newson6.com/story/2594018...ave-jury-trial
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Kevin Sweat, 28, entered guilty pleas to three counts of first-degree murder in Okfuskee County District Court. Prosecutors dropped plans to seek the death penalty after Sweat agreed to waive his right to a jury trial, which was scheduled to begin Monday.

The girls ? 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker ? were fatally shot as they walked down a road near Weleetka in rural eastern Oklahoma. Sweat was not suspected in their deaths until police questioned him in the 2011 slaying of his fiancee, Ashley Taylor.

Investigators said Sweat confessed during a videotaped interview with state investigators, telling them he shot the two girls because he thought they were "monsters" coming at him.

Sweat's attorneys had argued that Sweat was not mentally competent when he waived his Miranda rights before participating in the interview, but a judge agreed this year to allow prosecutors to use the video as evidence. The video had been played at previous hearings.

"I see demons, vampires ... monsters, demons, whatever. I do have some problems," Sweat told an investigator during the interview. "I was scared. ... They were still coming at me, so I shot them."

The three murder cases were combined after prosecutors suggested a connection while questioning Sweat's mother and her cousin during a pre-trial hearing about statements Sweat made about his relationship with Taylor and his desire to break up with her.

Prosecutors asked if Sweat had told them Taylor would spread lies about him if he broke off the relationship, including blaming him for the girls' deaths.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ma...-girls-fiancee
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Weird. When I heard the FBI were doing all those billboards for the girls in Delphi, I actually wondered for a second "what if there was a fuck up with the Kevin Sweat conviction"? But I instantly said to myself " Nahhh, don't be stupid. That's ridiculously farfetched, how more solid could a conviction be ffs. Especially after what happened in court".

But today I saw someone mention this Investigation Discovery episode on another site. I haven't watched it. I'm trying to find links to back it up or debunk it, so I'm not posting it as fact

http://jbrwdi.forumotion.com/t1092-r...skyla-whitaker

<<snipped>>
    The girls had an all night saturday night party, sletpt in, woke up mid day, then walked to the creek for fishing and turtles. there they got shot in a remote rural area. they were by themselves.

Here's the issue

The bodies were shot with 2 different guns, a .40 glock and a .22 gun, believed to be revolver.

It seemingly suggests 2 different shooters, not one.

One of the girl's groin was shot, but there was no entry bullet hole from her shorts and panties, and her shorts were untied.

But most importantly they found semen on the panties of both girls, and biological material on both girls bodies, and also tested clothing for DNA.

The DNA they found, including semen, eliminated Kevin Sweat. In no uncertain manner, Kevin Sweat did not deposit the semen found on these 2 very young girl's panties. The semen could only come from killer or accomplice.

Now there are 1 of 2 viable scenarios

1- Kevin Sweat had an accomplice who also shot the girls, and whose semen is on the panties

2- Someone or two killers other than Kevin Sweat deposited the semen on those girls panties.

Other explanations like a boyfriend can be ruled out, per parents, they didn't have boyfriends and there weren't any boys with them on the night before or with them in the home. neither girl was known by friends to have had a boyfriend that could serve as a source for the semen.

Brent Turvey said that the fact their panties had semen, and their panties and shorts were pulled down, and they were shot in the groin, before shorts pulled back up, implies a sexually motivated homicide.

This crime is not completely solved until the semen can be sourced. the DNA eliminated all male relatives of both girls, and several male suspects who were neighbors. DNA was entered into CODIS no match.

This is DNA from semen on both girls panties. they also found biological material on the girl's bodies not sourced to Kevin Sweat, but believed to come from killer.

There may well be 1 or 2 killers of both girls who is still free and on the lose in Bad Creek, OK. who carry a .22 and .40 and if they're gonna kill 2 girls, they can kill anyone.

safety lesson: walking by yourself or with another person, in a forest like area near a creek can get you shot to death

Brent Turvey did testify in Kevin Sweat's appeal on this matter, but the court denied it.

Now Kevin Sweat is a dangerous homicidal psychopath so he is where he belongs in prison.

I do think either Kevin sweat had an accomplice or another individual actually murdered these 2 girls<<snipped>>

**Some** of these details are referred to here

http://okcfox.com/archive/gruesome-n...-from-weleetka

<<snipped>>
    More revealing, Dr. Turvey reports the girls were not murdered in the ditch where their bodies were found. The profile report indicates the girls were likely approached by at least two people, one of the killers struck Taylor across the face, probably with the butt of the gun. Turvey's analysis details each gunshot wound and indicates the trajectory of the bullets would have been impossible had the bodies not been moved. The report indicates one of gunshot wounds was under Taylor's shorts and the shorts were not damaged, indicating to Dr. Turvey the shorts were put on the little girl after her murder.<<snipped>>

Edit I read back through my posts on pg1 to make sure I remembered correctly & yeah, there's a quote saying the coroner found no evidence of sexual assault - so how is it that now there are claims of DNA evidence obtained from semen found on these poor kids?
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-03-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Hmm

http://newsok.com/article/5444133

<<snipped>> In advocating for a withdrawal of Sweat's guilty plea, his attorney noted that investigators had ruled out Sweat as the source of semen product found in the two girls' panties.

The appellate court discounted the importance of that evidence, noting that Sweat's defense attorney had discussed that evidence with him before he pleaded guilty. The two girls had shared underwear, judges said.

State medical examiners reported Placker was shot five times and Whitaker was shot eight times,

A report by a forensics investigator said Placker was shot in the groin, but there was no bullet hole in her shorts and her shorts were untied, which "suggests that the offender(s) removed them and put them back on."

Medical examiners reported finding no evidence of sexual trauma to either girl.

Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said she could not discuss the evidence, but investigators are convinced Sweat acted alone and the case has been closed.

"The person who was arrested, pleaded guilty and was sentenced, we feel confident he is the person who committed these murders," Brown said. "We have direct evidence linking him to it. We have his own words saying what he did and how he did it."

Maybe BB was right to question the fiance's parents calling the OSBI about Taylor & Skyla, just not for the right reason. Maybe it wasn't a case of withholding evidence until they needed LE for their own daughter. Maybe they linked him to a heinous crime they knew nothing about out of sheer desperation - & then LE just ran with it
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-03-2017 at 02:04 AM.

I watched this one the other day. I even messaged Boston to tell her how eerily similar to the Delphi girls it was.
    Of course we don't know much details on the Delphi girls, but one has to assume it was probably a sexual crime.

The DNA (semen) found on the girls didn't match Sweat.

It was actually this that made me wonder.

https://bridgehunter.com/ok/okfuskee/2340000000000/

https://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/high/

& I only looked because Lyric & Elizabeth were found at Seven Bridges Wildlife Park

But it's not like historic bridges are rare, you can probably make a stretch to find one somewhere near a lot of unsolved crimes, especially in rural/semi-rural areas

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    But today I saw someone mention this Investigation Discovery episode on another site. I haven't watched it. I'm trying to find links to back it up or debunk it, so I'm not posting it as fact
    Shadow of Doubt. Episode named Crossing Bad Creek Bridge.
    I can't find it for free, only ones for $2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0R...has_verified=1 but if you have ID channel you can sign in to watch it for free.

I watched it, but I don't really remember the part where they talked about this guy, I only remember them thinking it was someone in the house they were in because they were molesting the one girl...maybe I'll go in and watch it again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information