Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brothers Peter (18), David (17) and Matthew Haas (18) all committed suicide within five years of each other

Re: Matthew Haas (18) ended his life after posting a suicide note on his MySpace

Ugh. How sad. That poor family. I hope they managed to have an enjoyable holiday :(

Re: Matthew Haas (18) ended his life after posting a suicide note on his MySpace

I can't even imagine what this poor mother is going through.  God bless her. 

Oh man.  :-(

[quote author=Whoopteedoo link=topic=14634.msg888168#msg888168 date=1213195720]
    His mothers comments are just heartbreaking. 

Mar 2, 2007 6:11 PM
    Hi sweetie, I received a phone call today for you from Patrick,
    [/quote]

absolutely heartbreaking....and she nailed i when she said shes resolute in carrying it with her....this will be a piece of her whole personna for the rest of her life, and willing to carry it because the love for him is soo strong. sad to see another family joining the group of us who lost a young loved one to suicide.....disturbing....she sounds like shes religious so i hope her faith helps her get through this

[quote author=oohsofaabulous link=topic=14634.msg1487599#msg1487599 date=1261810096]
    Ugh. How sad. That poor family. I hope they managed to have an enjoyable holiday :(
    [/quote]

How could they?  My heart truly goes out to them.  Holidays are especially bad.  :-(

RIP Matthew

[quote author=Elegantly_wasted link=topic=14634.msg1488355#msg1488355 date=1261929815]

I can't even imagine what this poor mother is going through.  God bless her.   

[/quote]

I worry now about the other son.  Far as I can tell, there is one remaining son.  As hard as it is for the parents, he is in also in a world of hurt. I hope they all stay strong and get support.

Just wanted to point out that there are 3 remaining sons from what his obituary says..

Peter was born on May 21, 1991, and is survived by his parents, Scott and Patricia, as well as his three brothers: Alex, Michael and David Haas. He joined his deceased brother Matthew for their great adventure together on October 12, 2009
    ~Amanda J~

Wow. My god. I am going through some old submissions and ANOTHER brother killed himself. I have changed the original article and made one for all three -

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014..._of_each_other

That poor, poor family.

Alex, a remaining brother - https://www.facebook.com/listen.silent

Here is Matthew's suicide note from the original article:

HI:)My name is Matthew
    There are people in life that are meant to do great things!! There are people in life that aren't, and are comfortable just floating along. I wish that I could be either one of these people. I feel like I am supposed to be some great person with lots of money and whatever, but I know that I could never hold the reputation that my parents have. I could never be the good person that I wish I could be!! Ive tried relationships with girls and they don't work because I care too much. Ive tried to "fit in" but I don't. I see all these good people around me that do good things and live good lives, but I can't get there!! some of these people are close to me and I can't help but feel sorry for them because they don't get to see the joy in me that I see in them!! I wish that I could have been a better person. Impacted more peoples lives and not hurt so many people!! The problem is that a lot of people can wish for things to happen, but that doesn't mean that its going to happen. I have tried so many ways to get people to like me and to see who I really am, but when I can't even figure out who I am for myself sometimes then what good does it do!! I grew up with such a wonderful family and Ive laughed and cried with so many good friends, that I just feel bad for wasting those times on such a person as me!! I guess this is my good bye to everyone who is willing to put in the t ime to read this!! Im sorry again if you read this and it ends up being a waste of your time!! I love all my friends and family more than anything in the world, but I can't take this anymore!! I don't want to ruin anyone elses life!! so to you I am SOOOOOO SORRY!! Scott Haas
    Patricia Haas
    Alex haas
    Michael Haas
    Peter Haas
    David Haas
    Josh Hanson
    Brandon Mccarley
    Bryen Salas
    Matt Durrance
    Devo
    Rico
    Brittany Colberge :(
    Melissa Sturman
    Ana Mourins
    Blake Williams
    Dane Drebin
    Seth Holsinger
    Kyle Coonin
    Ehli Keel
    Danny Durrance
    Austin Gorst
    Tyler Hove
    Nate Hove
    Jake Friedman
    Ian Way
    Rachel Travis
    Kali Walker
    and everyone else that I knew..........

I AM SOOO SORRY
    I LOVED YOU ALL SOOOOO FUCKING MUCH THAT I CAN'T EVEN PUT IT INTO WORDS

I leave you now to better your lives because without me I believe that things will be better!! and again, I am just sorry that I could not have been a better person!!

Brittany, you will never know the way I feel about you, a feeling that will never change. I sooo trully want you to be happy and to live life like the good person that I know you are!! I LOVED YOU even though I didn't ever say it!! and I will always love you with all my heart, and keep your dreams warm and brig
    ht!!

oh my god this is the saddest thing ever.

is this family cursed or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

hey olivia, something is wrong with that article. it looks like the whole section that discusses how he died is cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    hey olivia, something is wrong with that article. it looks like the whole section that discusses how he died is cut out.
    I think the news source assumed everyone else had read the first article and didn't bother rehashing. And I was equally as lazy lol. Here is more info:

http://patch.com/washington/gigharbo...s-in-car-crash

A Gig Harbor High School student died in a single-car accident Tuesday night.

According to the office, David Haas, a senior at , was killed in the crash. Haas, 17, died just five days shy of his 18th birthday.

The report stated that a couple was driving down 144th Street when they found the 2000 gold Toyota Land Cruiser in the embankment of 144th and 54th Avenue. The car was registered in David's father's name, Scott Haas.

According to , firefighters at station #56, located less than two blocks away from the scene, were dispatched at 8:22 p.m. Pierce County Sheriff's deputies also responded to the scene soon after.

Prevention Division Chief Penny Hulse said the car crashed into an embankment causing heavy damage to the vehicle. She said the driver suffered trauma to the head, chest and abdomen and was not wearing his seatbelt.

Officials said Haas was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:34 p.m.

Principal Ted Strong said the school is saddened by the news and is mourning the loss.

"We feel like we've lost one of our own family members."

He said there will be extra counselors from the district who will be available at the school today.

"We have a couple rooms in the building where the students could be out of the class for a little bit, or if they need a counsellor to talk to or need other students to be around," he said.

Strong said several students who were close friends with the victim have decided to stay home.

"David was truly one of those guys that was liked by everybody. He was a very gentle person. He was always friendly," Strong said.

This is the third tragedy for the Haas family as David's two older brothers died in 2006 and 2009.

The Pierce County Sheriff's office said the Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office will provide the toxicology report to confirm the official cause of death.

thank you. what a shame.

I think this is the other surviving brother Michael

https://www.facebook.com/mikehaas
    "Well, God is not here. We can't subpoena him"

Quote Originally Posted by BLue View Post
    I think this is the other surviving brother Michael

https://www.facebook.com/mikehaas
    I think you are right. They all look so similar.

And I found some kind of memorial fb for the 3 brothers

https://www.facebook.com/thelosthaasboys

I think that the parents have now split up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I think that the parents have now split up too.
    Yeah I think the same, she has now another last name: Patricia Sargeson, when her facebook says haas in the url.

https://www.facebook.com/patricia.haas1?fref=ufi

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Incredibly sad. Makes me really believe there is a suicide gene. RIP boys.

Did the recent brother commit suicide or just die in a car accident?

ETA: I looked up the girl that was mentioned in the first few post- Ms. Brittany. I was curious how her life is going.

She is a very beautiful lady who seems to be involved in a serious relationship now. He seems like a pretty funny guy.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-17-2014 at 03:53 AM.

It says he crashed his car intentionally.

Thanks Olivia.

I've been doing some research on Gig Harbor. I was curious when another local made a comment on facebook about how so many kids die in Gig harbor. It is seriously like bad juju or something.

Here is an article from 97 where the newspaper actually brings up the subject to many kids dying in that town.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...pg=7061,577256

Just doing searches for suicides in gig harbor....or teenager deaths in gig harbor- I get tons of hits.

The amount of suicides for kids in that area seem high to me. It's so high- they had to start some type of program at the school.
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-...ping-surveys-w

The reported indicated between 2002-11, there were a total of 10 teen suicides between the ages of 14-18 in District 7 with 38 reported in all of Pierce County for the same period. The rate for teen suicides during that time period in all of Pierce County is 4.22 per year while the state average is 2.95.

Even though the numbers don't indicate an unusual situation on the peninsulas, individual circumstances do stand out.

"It's not an epidemic," Eastgard said, "but there is the case of three suicides in one family. I've never dealt with a situation like that. It's too horrific to even think about.

"The community is small enough that people hear about a suicide and then there's a lot of finger pointing to place blame," she said. "This (the coalition) is a much more proactive approach."

Omg really? I didn't read that part. That's even more tragic.

This one is brutal. It's like the "Saving Private Ryan" story of suicide. How would you even begin to recover from this as a mother??

What in the Virgin Suicides fuck.

Thread Information