Thread: Boy, 14, murdered woman in flat

Boy, 14, murdered woman in flat

A 14-year-old boy has been convicted of murdering a mentally-ill woman who was beaten with an axe and stabbed.
    The body of Joanne Butler, 38, was found at her burnt-out home in Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, on 4 January.

The boy, from Barwell, appearing at Leicester Crown Court, denied murder but admitted arson. He had filmed the fire on his mobile phone.

Sean Wilson, 37, who lived in the flat below Miss Butler has already pleaded guilty to murdering her.

Stones in sock

The jury heard that the boy, who was then 13 and cannot be named for legal reasons, accompanied Wilson as he went into Miss Butler's flat.

Wilson hit her with a sock stuffed with stones as she slept.

He then sent the boy to fetch an axe and hit her on the head with it several times as she struggled to fend him off.

At the same time the boy beat her with a metal bar, the court was told.

'Ordered to strike'

The pair then went back to Mr Wilson's flat, but returned to Miss Butler's after hearing her making noises.

Mr Wilson finally stabbed her to death, while the teenager started a fire in her living room.

In taped police interviews played in court, the teenager told officers that he was ordered to strike the woman by Wilson and that he did not hit her "very hard".

He told police: "He gave me the bar. He said hit her and I just kicked her in the leg. He said hit her on the head now and I thought he was going to hit me.

"He just scared me, so I just hit her on the head once. I didn't want to do it. He made me do it."

In the hours after the murder the pair went to Mr Wilson's girlfriend's house, where the older man broke down and admitted what they had done.

The boy was heard singing and joking following the attack, the court heard. The trial was adjourned until Friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/6066706.stm

Re: Boy, 14, murdered woman in flat

What a loser. What self-respecting 37 year old hangs out with a 13 year old? Oh, wait.. 
    i want to scream &#39;i love you&#39; from the top of my lungs<br />but i&#39;m afraid that someone else will hear me

Thread Information