Thread: I'm going to Honolulu

I'm going to Honolulu

Aside from meeting up with Nery, and getting her to show me her boobs. :lol:  Anyone else wanna give me ideas of shit to do while I am there.  I'm gonna be there for 2 weeks towards the end of July.  My gf is doing a clinical rotation there, and I am gonna go for shits and grins.  I haven't even thought about shit to do while I am there, so help me out peeps.

Re: I'm going to Honolulu

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=14594.msg885203#msg885203 date=1212979417]
    Aside from meeting up with Nery, and getting her to show me her boobs. :lol:  Anyone else wanna give me ideas of shit to do while I am there.  I'm gonna be there for 2 weeks towards the end of July.  My gf is doing a clinical rotation there, and I am gonna go for shits and grins.  I haven't even thought about shit to do while I am there, so help me out peeps.
    [/quote]

one word

wholphin.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=14594.msg885213#msg885213 date=1212979937]
    one word

wholphin.
    [/quote]

Are you serious?  That's all you got?

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=14594.msg885227#msg885227 date=1212980398]
    Are you serious?  That's all you got?
    [/quote]

I never go anywhere, just shitty places like Chicago  :lol: , so I got nothing.
    Someone recently posted that they were moving to HI, but I dunno which island. Ummm, shit who was that? Anyway, there was a thread about it. Maybe there are some ideas there.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=14594.msg885250#msg885250 date=1212981099]

I never go anywhere, just shitty places like Chicago  :lol: , so I got nothing.
    Someone recently posted that they were moving to HI, but I dunno which island. Ummm, shit who was that? Anyway, there was a thread about it. Maybe there are some ideas there.

[/quote]

Good deal.  Nery still poasts right?

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=14594.msg885261#msg885261 date=1212981390]
    Good deal.  Nery still poasts right?
    [/quote]

Rarely. 
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I'm the one who's moving to Hawaii, but I'm going to Maui.  I've never been to Oahu.

I highly recommend snorkeling.  I don't even know how to swim, and I had a blast doing that!  Also, I don't know if they have a ferry from Oahu to any of the other islands, but if they do, I think it would be worth your time to go to either Kauai or Molokai.  I hear they're pretty cool, not as touristy.  There are also a couple of dormant volcanoes on the west side of the island you could visit.  There's a museum of cultural and natural history called the Bishop Museum.  There's also a zoo and the Polynesian Cultural Center.

In Honolulu itself, there's all the military history sites to visit (i.e. Pearl Harbor).  But I'm told that it's best to get out of the city and explore the island.  I hear that the north shore is nice.

That's about all I got.  Unfortunately, whale watching season is over, or I'd encourage you to do that.
    <br /><br />I want to go to Heaven for the weather and Hell for the company.

[quote author=mishira link=topic=14594.msg885347#msg885347 date=1212986435]
    I'm the one who's moving to Hawaii, but I'm going to Maui.&nbsp; I've never been to Oahu.

I highly recommend snorkeling.&nbsp; I don't even know how to swim, and I had a blast doing that!&nbsp; Also, I don't know if they have a ferry from Oahu to any of the other islands, but if they do, I think it would be worth your time to go to either Kauai or Molokai.&nbsp; I hear they're pretty cool, not as touristy.&nbsp; There are also a couple of dormant volcanoes on the west side of the island you could visit.&nbsp; There's a museum of cultural and natural history called the Bishop Museum.&nbsp; There's also a zoo and the Polynesian Cultural Center.

In Honolulu itself, there's all the military history sites to visit (i.e. Pearl Harbor).&nbsp; But I'm told that it's best to get out of the city and explore the island.&nbsp; I hear that the north shore is nice.

That's about all I got.&nbsp; Unfortunately, whale watching season is over, or I'd encourage you to do that.
    [/quote]

Cool thanks.&nbsp; I am actually going to be closer to the north shore than Honolulu.&nbsp; My gf is doing her thing in a small town about half way between the north shore and Honolulu.&nbsp; I plan on spending most of my time there, and most of time there will probably be in the water.

mydeathspace

Maui.

I've never been to the big island, so I can't suggest anything to do there.

Based on the recent waterfall deaths, I'd suggest you stay away from jumping off ANY 70 foot waterfalls. Unless of course, you're drunk. In that case, you can do anything.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=14594.msg885350#msg885350 date=1212986746]
    Maui.

I've never been to the big island, so I can't suggest anything to do there.

Based on the recent waterfall deaths, I'd suggest you stay away from jumping off ANY 70 foot waterfalls. Unless of course, you're drunk. In that case, you can do anything.
    [/quote]

I won't be doing any of that.&nbsp; I am a big pussy when it comes to cliff diving.&nbsp; Drunk, or not.

just&nbsp; back from a 2 week stint on hi, you got the arizona memorial, the punch bowl, north shore, diamond head and well 60 mile radius of beaches and homeless shelters! Be carefull as a large part of the western isle is bums and moochers, however if you can get past the language bariar&nbsp; you should have a lot of fun! One club that is real cool and close to the hotel district is senior frogs!!!! Wail you are there look in to going tunna fishing I caught a 142lb tunna with live bait it probl would have been more fun if i were drinking though.
    have fun and look at all the site a 60 mile radius can bring up!

mydeathspace

[quote author=NASE link=topic=14594.msg885397#msg885397 date=1212990494]
    just&nbsp; back from a 2 week stint on hi, you got the arizona memorial, the punch bowl, north shore, diamond head and well 60 mile radius of beaches and homeless shelters! Be carefull as a large part of the western isle is bums and moochers, however if you can get past the language bariar&nbsp; you should have a lot of fun! One club that is real cool and close to the hotel district is senior frogs!!!! Wail you are there look in to going tunna fishing I caught a 142lb tunna with live bait it probl would have been more fun if i were drinking though.
    [/quote]

Welcome! Interesting first post.&nbsp; :-)

thanks

Go to the oriental strip clubs...ask to see the &quot;back rooms.&quot;:lol:

bring cash

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

I snorkeled for hours when I was in HI (went to Punalu'u, Oahu). Waikiki was pretty, but we only visited the evening that we were flying out, so I didn't get to see a lot of it -- however, it was a really nice place to just walk around. Not to mention they have a huge marketplace thing goin' on there if you want to shop/browse (I didn't, personally, because I'd rather look at the scenery than at jewelry and shit). We did visit the Pearl Harbor memorial/USS Arizona, which was really touching and interesting. I highly recommend that. Aside from that, eat a lot, drink a lot, take walks in the rain... When you're in Hawaii, everything is pretty much awesome, just because it's so beautiful. :-)

All right my friend I have looked through my paperwork pile and come up with a few items more to share that may be of intrast. Tab Ora gallerys is good for local art (some of it is absolutly amazeing) this is in the north shore, if you want to get deeper in the area of the west side try a friend of mine who sells local art his e-mail is RxHeal@yahoo.com; the art he sells is predomantly made by his wife who sells at a kiosk in front of the makaha resort. They are good folks, I wish I could offer better suggestions for you to check out but most of my time was eaten by VetMeds. Good luck and have fun.

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=14594.msg885227#msg885227 date=1212980398]
    Are you serious?&nbsp; That's all you got?
    [/quote]

you need more than wholphin? are you into touristy stuff? they have a pretty cool movie tour, you can see where they shot jurassic park, its beautiful. swim with dolphins at the sea life park. go in a submarine. if you're into historical stuff check out the Royal Hawaiian hotel, they have an awesome beach bar an some really cool old paintings inside. you have to go to pearl harbor. rent a car and drive around the island, it only takes a couple hours. dont eat poi, and keep in mind the locals hate you.

[quote author=NASE link=topic=14594.msg885397#msg885397 date=1212990494]
    [/quote]

I'm staying about 4 miles from the north shore.&nbsp; Bringing my skateboard and plan to tour most of the island with that.&nbsp; As far as gett harassed by peeps, I will be bringing my trusty sidekick, so that won't be a problem.&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; I am pretty much gonna be at the beach the entire time, so lots of scuba, surfing, snorkeling, and googling at the ladies.&nbsp; Tuna fishing sounds cool as well, so I will probably def do that.[quote author=alexinmn link=topic=14594.msg885495#msg885495 date=1213006729]
    Go to the oriental strip clubs...ask to see the &quot;back rooms.&quot;:lol:

bring cash
    [/quote]

Meh, asians don't really wiggle my wagon, so that probably won't be happening.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=14594.msg891226#msg891226 date=1213374417]
    you need more than wholphin? are you into touristy stuff? they have a pretty cool movie tour, you can see where they shot jurassic park, its beautiful. swim with dolphins at the sea life park. go in a submarine. if you're into historical stuff check out the Royal Hawaiian hotel, they have an awesome beach bar an some really cool old paintings inside. you have to go to pearl harbor. rent a car and drive around the island, it only takes a couple hours. dont eat poi, and keep in mind the locals hate you.
    [/quote]

Gonna def go to pear harbor.&nbsp; As far as the locals see my poast below.&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; (I'm bringing my guns, and not the ones in my shirt) :lol:
    My gf is gonna have a car there, so I am gonna use that and drop her off at work in the morning, if I'm not still shithammered in the morning when we have to leave.&nbsp; Hence the reason for bringing my deck. :)

Thread Information