Thread: 6-year-old boy killed in farming accident

6-year-old boy killed in farming accident

Horrible way for this kid to go and his father to see it.

But no 6 year old should be doing this.

PENN TOWNSHIP — A 6- year-old boy was killed Tuesday afternoon when his head became stuck in farm machinery as he helped his father wrap bales of hay, according to state police at Rockview.

Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers said Jacob F. Stoltzfus, of Spring Mills, died instantly from massive head trauma at about 4:20 p.m. on a farm at 204 Big Oak Lane.

The Amish child was helping his father with a machine that wraps hay when his head became caught in a part of the equipment that compacts the hay, according to state police.

His death has been ruled an accident.
    http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/633622.html

Re: 6-year-old boy killed in farming accident

:-o

i feel so bad for the father, or, any parent to have to see that and want to help but can't do anything...poor little boy, oh the fear... i hope his family will find some way to cope

Amish shouldn't be using machines.

[quote author=MeganFarmer link=topic=14542.msg879922#msg879922 date=1212679289]
    i feel so bad for the father, or, any parent to have to see that and want to help but can't do anything...poor little boy, oh the fear... i hope his family will find some way to cope
    [/quote]

The Amish are very stoic about such things. It's God's will and all that ya know.

Poor little guy. He probably shouldn't have been there, but little farm boys like to be with their farmer daddies when they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=14542.msg880103#msg880103 date=1212689106]
    The Amish are very stoic about such things. It's God's will and all that ya know.

Poor little guy. He probably shouldn't have been there, but little farm boys like to be with their farmer daddies when they can.
    [/quote]

yeah i know :(, it doesn't mean they aren't screaming on the inside...I guess I am overly emotional right now....but you get what I am saying right?

[quote author=MeganFarmer link=topic=14542.msg880107#msg880107 date=1212689227]

yeah i know :(, it doesn't mean they aren't screaming on the inside...I guess I am overly emotional right now....but you get what I am saying right?
    [/quote]

Yes, I do. In fact, I don't understand how they hold their emotions in like they do. I think it's just weird, frankly, but there are a lot of things about the Amish I don't really get.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=14542.msg880111#msg880111 date=1212689319]
    Yes, I do. In fact, I don't understand how they hold their emotions in like they do. I think it's just weird, frankly, but there are a lot of things about the Amish I don't really get.
    [/quote]

I need to look more into their ways...poor baby though...

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=14542.msg880103#msg880103 date=1212689106]

[/quote]

I agree with you. Most 6 year olds I know are just starting to help their parents with little household chores. Working with farm machinery seems very young, but I know the Amish ways are different from our own. He probably did want to help his dad--I bet it made him feel grown up. Ugh I just feel so bad for the poor little guy and for his dad for witnessing that. At least it was instant and he didn't suffer.  :|

RIP little boy
    Try to realize it&#39;s all within yourself. No one else can make you change. And to see you&#39;re really only very small. And life flows on within you and without you.<br /><br />--George Harrison--

Thread Information