Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Heather D'Aoust (14) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer

Re: Heather D'Aoust (14) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer

WELL MY SISTER WAS LOCKED UP WITH HER AND THEY BECAME REALLY GOOD FRIENDS EVEN AFTER SHE FOUND OUT OF WHAT SHE DID, NOT THAT SHE AGREED WITH IT OR ANYTHING.
    SHE SAID SHE IS ACTUALLY A SMART GIRL. THE GLASSES SHE HAS ON ARE NOW BROKEN.
    SHE ISNT GOING TO GET OUT TILL SHE IS 50 YEARS AND HAS PROBLEMS WITH OTHER INMATES TOO.
    SHE NEVER HIT HER DAD THOUGH BUT SHE WANTED TO GO TO HER GIRLFRIEND'S HOUSE THAT DAY AND HER GIRLFRIEND TOLD HER TO GET TO HER HOUSE ANY WAY POSISBLE.
    OH AND SHE WAS ADOPTED.
    MY SISTER WRITES TO HER. ITS KINDA COOL HOW MY SIS KNOWS A MURDERER THOUGH.

Yeah, that's real cool.  :|

[quote author=Rockalena link=topic=14476.msg1177257#msg1177257 date=1233980661]
    WELL MY SISTER WAS LOCKED UP WITH HER AND THEY BECAME REALLY GOOD FRIENDS EVEN AFTER SHE FOUND OUT OF WHAT SHE DID, NOT THAT SHE AGREED WITH IT OR ANYTHING.
    SHE ISNT GOING TO GET OUT TILL SHE IS 50 YEARS AND HAS PROBLEMS WITH OTHER INMATES TOO.
    SHE NEVER HIT HER DAD THOUGH BUT SHE WANTED TO GO TO HER GIRLFRIEND'S HOUSE THAT DAY AND HER GIRLFRIEND TOLD HER TO GET TO HER HOUSE ANY WAY POSISBLE.
    OH AND SHE WAS ADOPTED.
    [/quote]

You sound like your Bragging..WTF..She is a cold hearted monster and should never be let out.

How can anyone hurt their Mother?

NOT COOL.

[flash=200,200][/flash]How how shocking..R.I.P. IN PEACE MOMMY

[quote author=Rea68 link=topic=14476.msg1177463#msg1177463 date=1234015452]
    You sound like your Bragging..WTF..She is a cold hearted monster and should never be let out.

How can anyone hurt their Mother?

NOT COOL.
    [/quote]

I don't think she is cold hearted. I think she is fucking crazy. There is a HUGE difference.

OH AND SHE WAS ADOPTED.
    [/quote]

What happened to her glasses...since that seemed to be an important part of your story. I guess it was all important being that it's in CAPS..  :|
    i want to scream &#39;i love you&#39; from the top of my lungs<br />but i&#39;m afraid that someone else will hear me

[quote author=xShanex link=topic=14476.msg1177858#msg1177858 date=1234047939]
    What happened to her glasses...since that seemed to be an important part of your story. I guess it was all important being that it's in CAPS..&nbsp; :|
    [/quote]

lol, i was thinking the same thing. Maybe she broke them with a claw hammer?

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=14476.msg1177790#msg1177790 date=1234043443]I don't think she is cold hearted. I think she is fucking crazy. There is a HUGE difference.[/quote]

I agree Ivanna.&nbsp; Far be it for me to defend a murderer, but if you read the entire thread it's hard to come to any other conclusion.&nbsp; Apparently Heather has a documented history of multiple personality disorder.&nbsp; Sad stuff.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I hope Heather has a real rough go of it for the next 30 years. Crazy bitch.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=14476.msg1184352#msg1184352 date=1234531281]I hope Heather has a real rough go of it for the next 30 years. Crazy bitch.[/quote]

I think Heather is seriously mentally ill.&nbsp; Documented.&nbsp; I agree she should be confined to a place where she can't hurt anyone else, but I'm not sure jail is the place for her.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Beans

Being mentally ill even severely mentally ill, if in fact she is mentally ill, does not mean that she necessarily does not have the mental or moral capacity to distinguish between right and wrong or the inability to understand the consequences of her actions. The mere fact that there was a plan to get away with murder should show that she knew what she was doing was wrong even if only at the most simple legal level. She knew getting away with it would benefit her. Mentally ill people are just as capable, if not more capable, of being selfish, cruel, cold, heartless individuals. On the other hand, those with mental illness could be moral, loving, kind and worth while humans. It just so happens that this child was not one of them and is a danger to other people. She is likely no different from the many sociopaths, murderers and other such people who have committed crimes and unless 'we' admit the inherent problems with the system deserves to be in prisoned without much sympathy as that is reality. Hope is not for everyone.&nbsp;

[quote author=Beans link=topic=14476.msg1185834#msg1185834 date=1234656884]
    Being mentally ill even severely mentally ill, if in fact she is mentally ill, does not mean that she necessarily does not have the mental or moral capacity to distinguish between right and wrong or the inability to understand the consequences of her actions. The mere fact that there was a plan to get away with murder should show that she knew what she was doing was wrong even if only at the most simple legal level. She knew getting away with it would benefit her. Mentally ill people are just as capable, if not more capable, of being selfish, cruel, cold, heartless individuals. On the other hand, those with mental illness could be moral, loving, kind and worth while humans. It just so happens that this child was not one of them and is a danger to other people. She is likely no different from the many sociopaths, murderers and other such people who have committed crimes and unless 'we' admit the inherent problems with the system deserves to be in prisoned without much sympathy as that is reality. Hope is not for everyone.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I agree she should be confined because she is quite obviously a danger - I don't think anyone can argue that - she killed her mother and tried to kill her father.&nbsp; I personally don't think someone mentally ill belongs in a state prison though.&nbsp;

Unfortunately, for long term...state prison is probably the only place possible for placement.&nbsp; States have been doing away with mental instutions due to cost and lack of people wanting to work there due to the unsafe/unstable environment.&nbsp;

weird reason to bump a thread and all
    but if you google &quot;heather d'aoust&quot; in google images
    i'm in like the third row on the page that shows up..
    hahahaha. how embarassing.

anyways she was supposed to have a court date in august and i have not heard anything at all, and i searched pretty well. she's pretty much absorbed into the prison system i'd guess by now
    Don&#39;t make me feel any colder...Time is like a clock in my heart...

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg882183#msg882183 date=1212808010]
    I just got word,I have 300 plus so far in teh adoption triads who will support heatehr, not because she killed her mother which I agree she need to be punished but because she is adopted and is ill, also we feel the same way, keep ehr in juvi, then let the courts decide from tehre after they do an evaluation which may happen soon.
    I am supportive of her father who also is supporting her,her family supports her,No,I am educated in adoption and adoptees I know that theres mentally ill people period but this case she &quot;heather&quot; needs 24/7 watch and she needs care, adult prisons are not at all able to effectivally help her nor is the mental hospital in ca because they only take adults.Do i agree with ehr hitting her mother with a hammer?hell no, I would flip if someone did that to soemoen in my family .
    Heathers family forgives her.

Please read a small statement by her father“God could not stop the biological clock that Heather's father and mother had started. Heather is not evil. She is ill and needs our help and love.”

[/quote]

Sorry, just reading this for the first time.&nbsp; But I have to call shennanigans on the above statement.
    I write the Miss Poker column for Ante-Up Magazine. The only thing greater than poker? Chickens. True story.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that 90% of the people who come here in support, or to tout someones innocence..always sound like blithering idiots?&nbsp; I mean, really?
    I write the Miss Poker column for Ante-Up Magazine. The only thing greater than poker? Chickens. True story.

Blithering idiots, supporters of murderers, they all roll around together like loose change....

[quote author=snowfallsoon link=topic=14476.msg1390168#msg1390168 date=1253147854]
    Blithering idiots, supporters of murderers, they all roll around together like loose change....
    [/quote]

Nice poem.&nbsp;

I still REALLY want to know how she broke her glasses.
    Scumbag, stop stalking me through the interwebs.

Ok, so there have been times my parents have really ticked me off, but I still to this day have always been afraid of them even getting a scratch...what is wrong with all of these kids now a days? This is just too scary...

OH AND SHE WAS ADOPTED.
    [/quote]

This might be the dumbest fucking statement ive ever read in message board history.&nbsp; Its cool that she knows a murderer???&nbsp; So i guess since i know drug dealers im a notch below in coolness you dumb, single digit in age bitch.&nbsp; Tell your sister to go eat the murderers broken lenses.

Looks like it's coming to an end.

SoCal teen to be sentenced for hammer death
    The Associated Press

SAN DIEGO

A San Diego girl who admitted beating her adoptive mother to death with a claw hammer when she was 14 is scheduled to be sentenced for murder.

Sixteen-year-old Heather Marie D'Aoust faces 16 years to life when she appears in Superior Court on Wednesday.

Prosecutors say D'Aoust, who has serious psychological problems, stuck her adoptive mother at least 15 times with the hammer in the kitchen of their Scripps Ranch home in May of 2008.

Rebecca D'Aoust, 56, died at a hospital.

The girl had argued with her mother a day earlier. At trial, an FBI agent testified that the teen's cell phone had a text message about her plans to kill her mother.

The teen pleaded guilty last month to second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon.

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California..._474908C.shtml

She got 16 years to life.&nbsp; This is a sad case, it appears to have really torn this family apart.&nbsp; Her father still supports her along with one of her sisters.&nbsp; Her grandfather and another sister apparently can't forgive her.&nbsp; Sad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/27/teen-who-killed-mother-get-16-years-life/
    [size=12pt]Teen sentenced in mother's death
    Girl headed to prison apologizes to family
    [/size]

By Dana Littlefield, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Originally published January 27, 2010 at 11:47 a.m., updated January 28, 2010 at 2:25 a.m.

SAN DIEGO COURTS — An uneasy mixture of sadness, anger and compassion hung in the courtroom air yesterday as a 16-year-old girl who fatally bludgeoned her mother with a claw hammer was sentenced to prison.

The mood was punctuated by several heavy sighs from onlookers. One came from the girl’s father, who forgave her for murdering his wife of 30 years. Another came from the judge who sentenced Heather Marie D’Aoust to 16 years to life.

San Diego Superior Court Judge Michael Wellington said that he was convinced Heather suffered from a severe mental health disorder but that it was not a legal defense in this case.

According to court documents, she initially wanted to use a baseball bat and woke up at 4 a.m. to test the weapon on a tree. But she lost her nerve and thought to herself, “I’m insane,” Heather told a probation officer during a pre-sentence interview.

At one point, she planned to kill everyone in the house, including her sister and her sister’s boyfriend, according to the documents. She later thought that she would kill the first person who woke up in the family’s Scripps Ranch home.

Heather pleaded guilty last month to second-degree murder and admitted she used a deadly weapon in the May 2008 attack on Rebecca D’Aoust, 56, a teacher and counselor with the San Diego Unified School District.

The teenager also pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon for striking her father with the hammer that morning. He was not seriously injured.

Heather, who was 14 when the crimes occurred, was charged as an adult.

From the day his daughter first appeared at the downtown San Diego courthouse, James D’Aoust insisted she was not “evil” but suffered from mental problems she likely inherited from her biological parents. D’Aoust and his wife adopted Heather as an infant.

Yesterday, he noted she was recently prescribed a “cocktail” of medications that improved her psychological condition.

“The Heather I visit at Juvenile Hall is not that angry girl that killed Becky but the wonderful girl that we raised,” he said.

James D’Aoust said that Heather’s actions caused the family “incredible loss” but that she is now “moving in the right direction” and he would continue to support her.

Heather’s grandfather held a different point of view.

“I just can’t forgive her,” said Richard McGrath, who described his daughter Rebecca as a loving, doting mother.

Heather cried softly as her father and grandfather spoke. When it was her turn, she apologized to her family, including her two older sisters, and told them she loved them. One responded, “I love you, too, Heather.” The other turned away.

Heather said she did not hate her mother but was unable to explain her actions. She said that her parents tried to get her the help she needed but that it came too late.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you,” she told her family. “I wasn’t able to stop myself.”

Her lawyer, Paul Pfingst, said this was the most unusual and inexplicable case he had seen in a career of more than 30 years as a prosecutor and defense lawyer.

Pfingst said he had mixed feelings about the outcome but that Heather wanted to be locked up.

“She’s afraid of what happens if she’s not in a controlled environment,” Pfingst said. “She remembers the days on the outside as being bad days — chaos inside of her mind.”

He said Heather likely would have to serve 16 years before she is eligible for parole.

Deputy District Attorney Rick Clabby has said the case was resolved reasonably.

Rebecca D’Aoust’s body was found on the kitchen floor of the family’s home on May 25, 2008. She died at a hospital the next day.

According to court documents, Heather said she and her mother had been arguing over little things for about a year before the attack. The day before the fatal attack, mother and daughter argued when Heather was caught in her bedroom engaging in a sex act with a girl.

Later that evening, Heather went to dinner with her parents and convinced herself that she should kill them. Her sister’s boyfriend was the first to wake up the next morning. Heather hid until he left the house.

She told the probation officer that the hammer was tucked inside a pocket of her clothing when she greeted Rebecca D’Aoust in the kitchen shortly after 8 a.m. It knocked against the refrigerator door when her mother asked her to get the orange juice.

After a brief argument about medication, Heather said she counted to three and struck her mother in the head.

She remembered her mother asking, “What are you doing?” then screaming. Heather said she kept hitting until the screams stopped.

Awakened by the noise, James D’Aoust ran downstairs and grabbed Heather as she tried to flee. He pinned her down while his oldest daughter called 911.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=14476.msg1523230#msg1523230 date=1264912084]
    Her father still supports her along with one of her sisters.&nbsp; Her grandfather and another sister apparently can't forgive her.&nbsp; Sad stuff.

[/quote]

If it was my family, put me firmly on Team Mom's side. I could not forgive anyone in my family for doing something so cruel, so depraved, so wicked.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deathbecomesme link=topic=14476.msg1523402#msg1523402 date=1264958420]
    If it was my family, put me firmly on Team Mom's side. I could not forgive anyone in my family for doing something so cruel, so depraved, so wicked.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]
    Exactly. I don't understand how people can stand by murderers like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

You know, reading this, especially what the lawyer said about how she wants to be locked up, etc.&nbsp; It is easy for me sit here and say wellll maybe she did have a mental break and honestly doesn't know why she did what she did.&nbsp; Then I put myself in that families place and I really don't care what her problems is/were.&nbsp; I know if someone killed someone I love like that I would NEVER forgive them, much less stand by them.&nbsp;

Thread Information