Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Heather D'Aoust (14) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer

Re: Heather D'Aoust (14) beat her mother to death with a claw hammer

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg881609#msg881609 date=1212787872]
    I will support heather as her family is, she maybe adopted and so are millions of otehr americans but she is mentally ill and me sitting in a cell, your an ass, give me a flipping break.I do not condone what she did, she knows she was way wrong but who am I to pass judgement either?I will not spread hate against her.
    You may think what I said was silly but to those who i have written don't it's a fact of life, adoptees should have medical history, all of it, as for the remark"you don't need one to figure out if your sick"well, yeah you do why because duhhhh doctors ask emdical backround questions, having medical records is important .
      Like it or not I will support heather because she needs support ,no i do not think after she turns 18 through her in jail, i think housearrest and probation is better so she can see doctors and get help more better this way, you all want to have this girl on deathr ow for all I know, thats not teh life or help she needs.Sorry if you all didn't liek my post but it's how I feel as for typos oops bad eyes and interuptions.
    But either way my voice will be heard"Support Heather"
    [/quote]

Do you even know Heather or did you just pick her as some random cause to support because she's adopted?  I'm a supporter for not bashing people around the head with a claw hammer

Look, we do not reward and coddle murderers in this country. We can't make an exception for this girl because she was adopted and might have medical problems.  I've said it a thousand times: what murdered DOESN'T have mental problems?  They're engaging in abnormal human behavior.  So what are we supposed to do, give each of them a hug and make sure they're okay, or do what society demands and protect the masses from the one murderer, instead of the murderer from the masses.

Edited with my comments in bold.

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg881609#msg881609 date=1212787872]
    I will support heather as her family is, (You're an idiot.  Why don't you support some other worthy cause, like ananimal shelter or adoption agencies in general.  Let the psycho rot in prison.) she maybe adopted and so are millions of otehr americans but she is mentally ill (So are lots of people.  Not all of them are adopted.)and me sitting in a cell, your an ass,(Who, me?  Nah!  I'm a real nice guy!) give me a flipping break.I do not condone what she did, she knows she was way wrong but who am I to pass judgement either?I will not spread hate against her. (Who are you to pass judgement?  A human being, that's who.  May I remind you she beat her mother to death with a claw hammer.  I have no problems judging her to be a freaking psycho.)You may think what I said was silly but to those who i have written don't it's a fact of life, adoptees should have medical history, all of it, as for the remark"you don't need one to figure out if your sick"well, yeah you do why because duhhhh doctors ask emdical backround questions, having medical records is important . (I didn't say having medical records wasn't important, but that there are probably other warning signs as well.  You can't tell me this lunatic just woke up one day and decided to brutally urder her mother.  I betcha there were other things she did that should have raised some red flags.)  Like it or not I will support heather because she needs support (She needs an injection),no i do not think after she turns 18 through her in jail, i think housearrest and probation is better so she can see doctors and get help more better this way, (She can see doctors in the psych ward of the prison where she can't hurt anyone.)you all want to have this girl on deathr ow for all I know, thats not teh life or help she needs.(What about her mother?  She's dead.  Who gets to speak for what's best for her mother?) Sorry if you all didn't liek my post but it's how I feel as for typos oops bad eyes and interuptions.
    But either way my voice will be heard"Support Heather"
    [/quote]
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=14476.msg881312#msg881312 date=1212776659]
    but honestly, isn't everyone who commits murder fucking insane?
    [/quote]
    I totally agree with you and your beautiful nose. <3
    Supportheather,
    Whether it was premeditated or not, whether she's nuts or not, it was a VERY adult crime. She didn't steal a bicycle. It was VERY brutal and cold-blooded. There was never a doubt in my mind that she was crazy. How could she NOT be?
    Also, you're not educated enough to educate other people. Crack a book, Churchy.

PS: I share a birthday with Martin Scorsese. I've been trying for years to become a short, Italian man with thick eyebrows who makes awesome films. Alas, it has been a futile effort. 
    Marilyn Monroe went from foster home to foster home and was mistreated by nearly every family. She just developed a barbiturate addiction and ended up taking her own life. If Heather's home situation was so bad, she could've just developed a nice drug habit like all of the other kids. And I don't think you have to know which parent is crazy or why in order to know that you are, in fact, crazy.

I just got word,I have 300 plus so far in teh adoption triads who will support heatehr, not because she killed her mother which I agree she need to be punished but because she is adopted and is ill, also we feel the same way, keep ehr in juvi, then let the courts decide from tehre after they do an evaluation which may happen soon.
    I am supportive of her father who also is supporting her,her family supports her,No,I am educated in adoption and adoptees I know that theres mentally ill people period but this case she "heather" needs 24/7 watch and she needs care, adult prisons are not at all able to effectivally help her nor is the mental hospital in ca because they only take adults.Do i agree with ehr hitting her mother with a hammer?hell no, I would flip if someone did that to soemoen in my family .
    Heathers family forgives her.

Please read a small statement by her father“God could not stop the biological clock that Heather's father and mother had started. Heather is not evil. She is ill and needs our help and love.”

^^^^please use "teh" spell check when typing---kthxbai
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

[quote author=BorderlineRetarded link=topic=14476.msg882615#msg882615 date=1212849887]
    ^^^^please use "teh" spell check when typing---kthxbai
    [/quote]

Yea. She's a maniac on the keyboard.

Guess her birth mother really lucked out.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=14476.msg882732#msg882732 date=1212855009]
    Yea. She's a maniac on the keyboard.
    [/quote]

And she's typin' like she's never typed before! 

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=14476.msg882744#msg882744 date=1212855325]
    And she's typin' like she's never typed before! 
    [/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ik achukmo-Tikba-Kafi Beth-Deth's Avatar

The fact that she is adopted has nothing to do with this case of complete brutality! Except maybe that it was even more disturbing that this little girl was given a chance to have a home, and people around her who loved her THROUGH ADOPTION. I chance I guess she didnt figure she wanted/needed.  She screwed the pooch on that one didnt she?

I say to throw her in "juvi" is fine but give her some solitary confinement and a claw hammer. That way if she feels "so bad" about what she did really she can beat herself to death. She is a brat who didnt appreciate her life and second chance she was given, and that along with you give adoption a bad name, not a lack of medical records.

I think you are an advocate for her because as you said you "can relate to her" That is your problem. I cant relate to anyone who kills someone who loved them that much, Sorry.

RIP Mom of Heather (What a way to be repaid for your kindness and love)

"The female of the species, is more deadly than the male."

Sources: Teen Planned Death Of Mother 
    KGTV San Diego - Jun 06 7:22 PMSources told 10News that the 14-year-old girl accused in her mother's death planned the slaying and later admitted it to a friend.

If this is true, and she did tell a friend and called a friend after what she did, i am shocked.I will support her family but heather has to be punished, after reading this i almost  got sick, how can a kid plan to kill your own mother?I can under stand mental illness,thats why I would of supported teh kid but this was no mental illness,this was an act planned by a 14 yr old kid who told a friend,how she planned on doinging even hiding a hammer in the house, how sick.
      I feel bad for her father whos standing by her side but omg to kill her mother and for what?I believe this kid wanted to be known now, this was a poor way to get noticed,maybe a womens prision for her wouldn't be a bad idea now.Sorry if i offened anyone before. I will support ehr family though, they didn't deserve this.

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg884317#msg884317 date=1212938434]
    KGTV San Diego - Jun 06 7:22 PMSources told 10News that the 14-year-old girl accused in her mother's death planned the slaying and later admitted it to a friend.

If this is true, and she did tell a friend and called a friend after what she did, i am shocked.I will support her family but heather has to be punished, after reading this i almost  got sick, how can a kid plan to kill your own mother?I can under stand mental illness,thats why I would of supported teh kid but this was no mental illness,this was an act planned by a 14 yr old kid who told a friend,how she planned on doinging even hiding a hammer in the house, how sick.
      I feel bad for her father whos standing by her side but omg to kill her mother and for what?I believe this kid wanted to be known now, this was a poor way to get noticed,maybe a womens prision for her wouldn't be a bad idea now.Sorry if i offened anyone before. I will support ehr family though, they didn't deserve this.
    [/quote]

You are right. They didnt deserve this. so you go on ahead and support them. They need that right now, as for her I hope she gets what she deserves. You dont hurt people to get attention. She was/is wrong. I wish you the best.

E-Mail News Alerts
    Get breaking news and daily headlines.

Browse all e-mail newsletters

Related To Story

Mother Attacked By Daughter
    Video: Girl Pleads Not Guilty In Mother's Death
    Video: School Remembers Slain Woman
    Video: Mother Attacked By Daughter Dies In Hospital
    Video: Friends, Co-Workers React To Death Of Woman

POSTED: 6:04 pm PDT June 6, 2008
    UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT June 6, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- Heather Marie D'Aoust, 14, was charged with premeditated murder in the brutal beating of her mother, Rebecca Ann D'Aoust.

In a tip sent to the 10News I-Team, sources said the teen planned the attack ahead of time and told at least one friend of her plans, which included hiding a hammer inside her home.

On the night of the mother's death, after Heather Marie's father, James D'Aoust, went to bed, she asked her mother to make her something to eat, sources told 10News.

According to sources, Heather Marie followed her mother into the kitchen, where she allegedly bludgeoned her to death with the hammer.

After her arrest, sources said the teen called at least one friend and admitted what she did.

The 14-year-old girl is being tried as an adult. Her father stood by her side since the beginning and claims his daughter is mentally ill.

Heather Marie D'Aoust is scheduled to be back in court in September.

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg884751#msg884751 date=1212954007]
    E-Mail News Alerts
    Get breaking news and daily headlines.

Mother Attacked By Daughter
    Video: Girl Pleads Not Guilty In Mother's Death
    Video: School Remembers Slain Woman
    Video: Mother Attacked By Daughter Dies In Hospital
    Video: Friends, Co-Workers React To Death Of Woman

POSTED: 6:04 pm PDT June 6, 2008
    UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT June 6, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- Heather Marie D'Aoust, 14, was charged with premeditated murder in the brutal beating of her mother, Rebecca Ann D'Aoust.

In a tip sent to the 10News I-Team, sources said the teen planned the attack ahead of time and told at least one friend of her plans, which included hiding a hammer inside her home.

On the night of the mother's death, after Heather Marie's father, James D'Aoust, went to bed, she asked her mother to make her something to eat, sources told 10News.

According to sources, Heather Marie followed her mother into the kitchen, where she allegedly bludgeoned her to death with the hammer.

After her arrest, sources said the teen called at least one friend and admitted what she did.

The 14-year-old girl is being tried as an adult. Her father stood by her side since the beginning and claims his daughter is mentally ill.

Heather Marie D'Aoust is scheduled to be back in court in September.

[/quote]

Thank you for the update! I will keep an eye out for more in September. If you want to continue to post any updates, that would be much appreciated.

I figured it was a premeditated murder perpetrated by an angsty teen. If I were her dad, I'd not be acting like that. I think she was just a selfish, sick brat.

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=14476.msg884933#msg884933 date=1212966873]
    I figured it was a premeditated murder perpetrated by an angsty teen. If I were her dad, I'd not be acting like that. I think she was just a selfish, sick brat.
    [/quote]

You might want to hold off, as fucked as it is what happened, until a conclusion has been reached about her mental state.  If she's schitzophrenic or something, the voices could have been planning this with her for a while.

[quote author=Beth-Deth link=topic=14476.msg882824#msg882824 date=1212861389]
    The fact that she is adopted has nothing to do with this case of complete brutality! Except maybe that it was even more disturbing that this little girl was given a chance to have a home, and people around her who loved her THROUGH ADOPTION. I chance I guess she didnt figure she wanted/needed.  She screwed the pooch on that one didnt she?[/quote]

I have to wonder if this isn't one of the attitudes that leaves so many adoptees with emotional issues. They already have to somehow come to terms with some pretty major identity issues, not knowing who or what they come from, for the most part, what their heritage is, who they look like, if they have siblings or cousins, etc. Add to that the fact that they probably struggle with at least some form of abandonment issues, and wondering why their parents didn't keep them. But then on top of all of that, people tend to act like the child should be grateful that someone took them in, as if they are a stray puppy who is lucky to have a home.

On one hand, we have people telling these children they were "chosen" (as a side note, I remember reading an article where one adoptee was quoted as saying, "But in order to be chosen, you had to first be thrown away"), that they are "special" for being chosen, etc. This sets them apart, makes them different from other kids, not "normal", which is already usually an issue; I remember kids talking about other kids at school, saying things like, "Did you know she's adopted?" 

But on the other hand, these "special chosen" children are basically being given the unspoken message that they better be worth it; they better not make the adoptive parents regret it. Any time an adopted child is a troublemaker, people bring up adoption, as if that either explains everything, or as if it's those poor parents, after everything they did for this stray kid, and now look how the kid repays them! Lots of kids who are raised by their birth families end up turning out pretty badly, and many times, it's because they WEREN'T adopted as infants.

I guess I just can't imagine how it must be to grow up feeling as if you were done a favor by being included in your family. Especially when the majority of people who adopt, adopt because they want a baby, not because they want to give a baby a home. This is the reason for the "healthy white newborn" being such a commodity. Most adoptive parents aren't out to do a good deed by adopting one of the millions of children who are no longer newborn, especially those above the age of three, who need a home; THEY want a baby. And then this kid, who was adopted to fill the needs of someone else, is supposed to feel grateful, and to remember that they better turn out well, so that no one is sorry they "chose" them.

Not that any of this is related necessarily to why she killed her adoptive mother; it's just a side of being an adoptee that I think may be hard for most people to imagine.

RIP Mom; you did not deserve this, whether you had a biological relationship to your child or not.

[quote author=stephanie_says link=topic=14476.msg885609#msg885609 date=1213019876]
    I have to wonder if this isn't one of the attitudes that leaves so many adoptees with emotional issues. They already have to somehow come to terms with some pretty major identity issues, not knowing who or what they come from, for the most part, what their heritage is, who they look like, if they have siblings or cousins, etc. Add to that the fact that they probably struggle with at least some form of abandonment issues, and wondering why their parents didn't keep them. But then on top of all of that, people tend to act like the child should be grateful that someone took them in, as if they are a stray puppy who is lucky to have a home.

On one hand, we have people telling these children they were "chosen" (as a side note, I remember reading an article where one adoptee was quoted as saying, "But in order to be chosen, you had to first be thrown away"), that they are "special" for being chosen, etc. This sets them apart, makes them different from other kids, not "normal", which is already usually an issue; I remember kids talking about other kids at school, saying things like, "Did you know she's adopted?" 

But on the other hand, these "special chosen" children are basically being given the unspoken message that they better be worth it; they better not make the adoptive parents regret it. Any time an adopted child is a troublemaker, people bring up adoption, as if that either explains everything, or as if it's those poor parents, after everything they did for this stray kid, and now look how the kid repays them! Lots of kids who are raised by their birth families end up turning out pretty badly, and many times, it's because they WEREN'T adopted as infants.

I guess I just can't imagine how it must be to grow up feeling as if you were done a favor by being included in your family. Especially when the majority of people who adopt, adopt because they want a baby, not because they want to give a baby a home. This is the reason for the "healthy white newborn" being such a commodity. Most adoptive parents aren't out to do a good deed by adopting one of the millions of children who are no longer newborn, especially those above the age of three, who need a home; THEY want a baby. And then this kid, who was adopted to fill the needs of someone else, is supposed to feel grateful, and to remember that they better turn out well, so that no one is sorry they "chose" them.

Not that any of this is related necessarily to why she killed her adoptive mother; it's just a side of being an adoptee that I think may be hard for most people to imagine.

RIP Mom; you did not deserve this, whether you had a biological relationship to your child or not.
    [/quote]

I'm adopted, as I've said before in this thread.  Not only am I adopted, but quite a few of my friends are as well.  I've not noticed any of the scenarios you speak of in any of our lives.

Personally, I've never felt "abandoned" nor have I ever been made to feel like I was done a favor by being adopted.  My mother was physically unable to have children of her own, and my birth mother was unable to keep me so my adoption was equally beneficial to both my parents and myself. 

Any adoptive parent who makes their child feel as though they were done a favor is not doing right by that child.  Most adpotees that I know have never been made to feel that way.  Being a part of our families is as natural to us as if we had been born into them.  That's how it's supposed to be.  I find it hard to believe that a large percentage of adoptees have this issues simply because these aren't issues among the approximately 10 adoptees that I personally know - including myself and a cousin.

I'm not adopted but several of my friends are, and they actually Do deal with those situations with their adopted parents.  Many of them feel out of place after they grow up, unsure of the status they have with their adopted families (most of them either grew up in homes with multiple adoptees and fosters, or scenarios where another child, a 'real' kid was born into that family)  A lot of them were in the punk scene because they dealt with some real anger management issues, a lot of which stemmed from feelings of lost identity.  I don't know a single adopted kid who hasn't somewhat sought out more info on their birth parents.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=14476.msg885897#msg885897 date=1213039561]
    I'm not adopted but several of my friends are, and they actually Do deal with those situations with their adopted parents.  Many of them feel out of place after they grow up, unsure of the status they have with their adopted families (most of them either grew up in homes with multiple adoptees and fosters, or scenarios where another child, a 'real' kid was born into that family)  A lot of them were in the punk scene because they dealt with some real anger management issues, a lot of which stemmed from feelings of lost identity.  I don't know a single adopted kid who hasn't somewhat sought out more info on their birth parents.
    [/quote]

Seeking out information on birth parents and having feelings of abandondment are two different things entirely.  My cousin and I never felt out of place, and he's even adpoted his own children now who are being raised by our family no differently as if they were born into it. 

Maybe my situation is different, though.  Myself, my cousin, and several friends of mine really do come from similar situations.  None of us were ever in foster homes.  None of us have siblings that were "natural" children of the parents that adopted us.  I guess we were all just lucky.  It sounds like adoption can really fuck a kid up.

give me a flipping break.[/quote]

You have 30 minutes. Please spend them in a library learning how to spell.

[quote author=Supportheather link=topic=14476.msg882183#msg882183 date=1212808010]
    I am educated in adoption[/quote]

I seriously doubt this.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=mialynneb link=topic=14476.msg881314#msg881314 date=1212776809]
    My step-sister is adopted and you know what? SHE NEVER WENT AFTER HER MOM WITH A CLAW HAMMER.

Stop making excuses for this girl.&nbsp; People need to be responsible for their actions, I'm sorry.&nbsp; I'm tired of everyone being handled with kid-gloves that do heinous crimes.

And my birthday is the same as Fran Drescher's however I don't find some magical bond with her nor do I laugh like an obnoxious twit.&nbsp; Your reasoning for supporting Heather is effing goofy. And wtf about Charles Manson? You can tell he's crazy - yeah, was it the swastika on the forehead that gave it away? There are many other mentally ill people out there that don't take claw hammers to their family members.&nbsp; What she did was cold.&nbsp; Yes, she needs help and maybe in a juvenile detention center and THEN when she's 18 she can go right on to an adult facility.

I'm not feeling any sympathy for this girl right now. Sorry.

[/quote]

I have to agree, I was adopted as well and I could never imagine beating my mother to death. being adopted gives nobody an excuse to kill.

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=14476.msg885901#msg885901 date=1213039877]
    Seeking out information on birth parents and having feelings of abandondment are two different things entirely.&nbsp; My cousin and I never felt out of place, and he's even adpoted his own children now who are being raised by our family no differently as if they were born into it.&nbsp;

Maybe my situation is different, though.&nbsp; Myself, my cousin, and several friends of mine really do come from similar situations.&nbsp; None of us were ever in foster homes.&nbsp; None of us have siblings that were &quot;natural&quot; children of the parents that adopted us.&nbsp; I guess we were all just lucky.&nbsp; It sounds like adoption can really fuck a kid up.
    [/quote]

Definitely different circumstances for different people.&nbsp; I knew a kid who was adopted because his mom was saving herself for God.&nbsp; Yeah.&nbsp; But I def. knew a lot of really angry kids who didn't feel like they fit in anywhere.&nbsp; Like I said, punk scene tends to attract the outcasts.

Thread Information