Thread: Eric Shearer's (31) remains were found three weeks after he went missing

Eric Shearer's (31) remains were found three weeks after he went missing

HUTCHINS (CBSDFW.COM) ? Hutchins Police said they have suspended search efforts for a man who was reported missing following a car accident May 7 because ?there is not enough evidence of life? after bringing in search dogs, helicopters and boats along the scene of the accident.

According to the Hutchins Police Department, Eric Shearer of Balch Springs was involved in an accident on I-20 near the Trinity River Saturday night. After responding to the accident, police were unable to locate a driver.

Shearer was seen walking away from the accident scene prior to the arrival of a first responder according to a witness.

According to Shearer?s girlfriend, Jenny Goforth, Shearer contacted her following the accident and told her he needed a ride home after fleeing the scene. Goforth drove to the scene of the accident but was unable to locate Shearer.

According to friends, Shearer went to a party that night in Mesquite where he drank half a bottle of Fireball.

Goforth contacted Balch Springs police May 8 and reported him as a missing person.

Hutchins Police used the cell tower location to set up searches along I-20 with the Dallas County Sheriff?s Department, Department of Public Safety, and Search One Rescue Team.

Shearer was not located during these search efforts.

Search efforts continued Sunday afternoon where an area of interest was located near the water?s edge along the Trinity River. It appeared a person may have fallen from an embankment and slipped into the water. It is not confirmed Shearer fell into the river.

Searches were resumed Tuesday with the assistance of the Texas Game Wardens. Sonar equipment was deployed in the area of interest. After several miles of river frontage was searched, Shearer was unable to be located.

Search efforts have currently been suspended pending new information.

If anyone has any information regarding the location of Shearer, call the Hutchins Police Department at 972-225-2225.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Well, he fled the scene and no doubt ended up in the drink. I hate to say it, but I believe we have another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-30-2016 at 08:04 PM.

At least one person saw him running in the median of the highway just as an ambulance and fire truck pulled up to the crash.

“The front of the truck was damaged pretty badly, and I could tell no one was inside,” said Jennifer Bishop, who was heading home from Six Flags with her family Saturday night.

Bishop said she called 911 at 11:23 p.m. to report that there was a man running away from the crash scene.

Shearer called his girlfriend about 11:30 p.m. and told her that he’d been hurt and was bleeding, his stepbrother Justin Brown said.

“He said he was stuck in the mud and there was blood everywhere,” Brown said. “Then his line went dead and no one’s been able to trace him.”
    http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...saturday.html/

Did this accident involve another vehicle? Or was it just his vehicle?

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    UPDATE: Tim Miller and other Texas EquuSearch members will be traveling to Hutchins, Texas in an effort to find Eric Shearer. The Texas EquuSearch team will be arriving about sun-up on Friday ? May 13th 2016, and using side-scan sonar to find Eric.
    More: [a]http://www.texasequusearch.org/2016/05/missing-eric-shearer-hutchins-texas-5716/[/a]

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Shit, sorry, ignore that, I just noticed the date!

I saw this update on Mesquite Scanner on FB, unable to locate the story anywhere else:

**UPDATE 05/25/16**
    Sadly, authorities have found Eric and he is being brought back to Dallas to be laid to rest. Our family will hold private services soon for Eric to finally rest in peace. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support, volunteers for your time and the Police & search and rescue organizations for their help.

Fisherman finds body of missing man
    FORNEY, Texas ? A fisherman in Freestone County found the body of a man who went missing earlier this month following a crash on Interstate 20 near the Trinity River.

31-year-old Eric Shearer, who attended Forney High School, according to friends, went missing on May 7, 2016, following a vehicular crash on Interstate 20 in Hutchins, Texas, near the Trinity River.

Weeks later and nearly 80 miles away, a fisherman discovered his body on Tuesday in the Trinity River in Freestone County, Hutchins Police Department Chief Steve Perry told inForney.com.

Shearer?s body was returned to the Dallas County Medical Examiner?s Office for autopsy.

Following the crash, friends say Shearer left the scene of the crash and called his girlfriend around 11:30 p.m. and stated he was ?scared, lost near the river, and in a lot of pain.?

The Hutchins Police Department, as well as several assisting agencies, deployed dogs, helicopters, boats, equine search teams, and utilized sonar technology to search for Shearer near the Trinity River.

At the time, police believed Shearer had been swept away by the Trinity River.
    - See more at: http://inforney.com/local-news/item/....RYz3VVO7.dpuf

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Thread Information