Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Uhl (18) and Kelli Uhl (13) died when a patrol car struck their vehicle

Re: Jessica Uhl (18) and Kelli Uhl (13) died when a patrol car struck their vehi

Always hope, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16361979/detail.html  and that lady was nearly dead anyway.

Re: Jessica Uhl (18) and Kelli Uhl (13) died when a patrol car struck their vehicle

Deal. The bet is one case of miller high life... that sounds really creepy, how about some karma.  I have a GF.  haha

Re: Jessica Uhl (18) and Kelli Uhl (13) died when a patrol car struck their vehicle

Some new information on this.  The officer now is suing the state of Illinois for compensation for his injuries.

Ex-trooper convicted in double fatal crash wants money for his injuries

Also, to answer the question of what his punishment would be (emphasis mine):

After the accident, Mitchell was suspended with pay for nearly two years, drawing his $68,000 annual salary. He resigned from the Illinois State Police after pleading guilty to the criminal charges.

Mitchell pleaded guilty to reckless homicide and reckless driving in exchange for a sentence of 30 months probation.
    My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

[quote author=knavekid link=topic=14247.msg1721172#msg1721172 date=1285247934]
    Some new information on this.  The officer now is suing the state of Illinois for compensation for his injuries.

Ex-trooper convicted in double fatal crash wants money for his injuries

Also, to answer the question of what his punishment would be (emphasis mine):

[/quote]

So he was well compensated for killing two people while on duty. And he wants more.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=14247.msg863001#msg863001 date=1211399017]
    The person who submitted these deaths wrote in the "additional info" section that the officer was also text-messaging when the accident occurred. Whether or not he was using a cell phone or the patrol car's laptop, I don't know. Nor do I know if it's true. I didn't see it stated anywhere in the article.

From working at a law firm defending police brutality cases for different cities in the Bay Area, I DO know that cops will use their patrol car laptops to basically instant message other cops on duty. There was a case where the same cop killed two pit bulls within a months span and then some other cops were LOL'ing about it via instant message and they got in trouble.

RIP girls, this cop obviously wanted to drive fast with his flashy lights and sirens blaring.
    [/quote]

Seems this recent article about how the mother's law suit is being stalled back up that statement and adds more.

http://www.bnd.com/2010/09/13/1398912/court-silent-monday-on-award-for.html
    Mitchell was driving 126 mph, talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone, typing and receiving e-mails on his dash-mounted laptop computer in heavy, day-after-Thanksgiving traffic just seconds before his squad car crossed a median and struck the Uhls' car just east of O'Fallon on Interstate 64.
    This part annoys me a bit.

During the hearing in April, Mitchell denied he was at fault for the accident that killed the Uhl sisters, though he pleaded guilty to reckless homicide charges just days before. He received a sentence of 30 months of probation.
    Ok so he was driving like a maniac while talking on the phone and using his in car computer and he doesn't seem to think this is his fault?  I am totally baffled...  he felt so guilty when it happened and now it seems like he's trying to convince himself that there is no way he caused this. 

Quick!  Someone get that evil car!  Must of been bloodthirsty to go on a ram[age and cause the deaths of these girls.  Bad car!  Bad!  Now we know who's really responsible. 

This broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

http://jumpwithfaith.blogspot.com/2007/12/fourteen-years-ago.html

mydeathspace

Not on the cop's side in this case. Okay Ron? Okay?

I just found this through google and felt the need to respond. I am the girl in the main picture of this forum with Jessica, she was my bestfriend, and her younger sister, Kelli Uhl was my little sisters bestfriend.  My world has been turned upside down since that day in November 2007.  They were two of the greatest people i have, and will ever meet.  Their mother, Kim, who i am still very close to, is thee strongest person I have ever met.  Ex-Trooper Matt Mitchell just recently filed a workers comp suit--just when i thought i couldn't be any more sickened by this man.  He wants compensated for killing two innocent, beautiful, amazing girls.  Not only was Matt Mitchell paid for two years without working, sentenced to 30 months probation after pleading GUILTY to two counts of wreckless homicide and 2 counts of wreckless endangerment, but the parents have yet to see a dime through the civil hearing THREE YEARS LATER. oh and lets not fail to mention that Matt Mitchell still gets to see his family,friends, and BREATHE everyday.  THAT seems like enough compensation to me.

All this talk about remorse? Do you really think he has it? If i were in his shoes, i'd be making every effort to stay out of the media--strictly to give family and friends closure. I'd apologize to the family PERSONALLY, which has never and probably will never happen, and lastly, BE THANKFUL that I'm still alive, and got off with all that he did. but now to come and file for workmans comp? feels like a slap in the face. and has me questioning will it ever end? will closure ever come?
    Every single time he is on the news, that wound just opens right back up for me.
    During the trial in April 2010, he plead guilty, and AFTERWARD said this accident was not his fault and it was simply an accident. "Protecting and Serving" my ass. I saw him in the courtroom. I saw him in that courtroom LAUGHING when the case was, as usual, postponed.  I don't think he feels a single ounce of remorse for HIS actions.

[quote author=kdeter11 link=topic=14247.msg1722008#msg1722008 date=1285373929]
    I just found this through google and felt the need to respond. I am the girl in the main picture of this forum with Jessica, she was my bestfriend, and her younger sister, Kelli Uhl was my little sisters bestfriend. [/quote]Justice was not served with that sentence. I am sorry for your loss.

i thought this was sad 

Two Years. Still Seems Like Yesterday. By Brian Uhl
    November 23, 2009

November 23rd, 2009, exactly two years since Jess and Kelli were killed on I-64 by a State Trooper.  It still seems like yesterday when they were taken away from all of us.  A lot has happened since then but then again, a lot hasn’t happened.  Sure, there are now cable barriers setup along the highway where they were killed, scholarships have been setup and used, fundraisers have taken place and new laws have been created.  This is all wonderful stuff but I still wonder about those laws.  I continue to see State Troopers driving at high rates of speed without their lights or sirens on.  Anytime I see this, I say a prayer for everyone on the highway because it could happen again, some innocent person could be killed because a State Trooper was not following the law.  Ah, but I am getting off the subject now.  As I said, a lot of things have happened but then again, a lot hasn’t happened.  I am referring to the criminal and civil trials, in other words, maybe getting some justice and closure.  Both trials have been delayed, for expected reasons I am told, and are now set for March and April 2010.  I am told they won’t be delayed again.  I guess I will believe that when I see it.

Do I sound bitter?  Yes, I suppose I do and I am.  There are many reasons why I am so bitter, but to avoid jeopardizing either one of the trials, I shall avoid putting my reasons down in writing.  The good thing is that the public has voiced those reasons for me through their comments on various newspaper articles and for that I thank all of them.  So, has the pain lessened at all?  No, it has not.  I still miss those girls and I always will and the pain never goes away.  I feel it every time I drive by the location of their deaths, I feel it when I go to their graves, when I listen to music, while eating, while doing almost anything, the pain is there.  No, the pain has not lessened, I have only changed the way that I handle the pain.  Between that and the support of family and friends, I go on living day to day.

Thank you to everyone out there for your support to myself and my family, Kim and her family and for supporting all of the good things done in Jess and Kelli’s names.  I know the girls are in a far better place and they watch over all of us as angels will do.

Jess and Kelli – GOD bless both of you.  We miss you, love you and know that we will never forget you.

Love you both,

Dad, Wendy, Tony and so many others.
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Thanks for sharing, kdeter11.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Such a senseless tragedy, and you're right - the trooper's actions just make the whole thing seem even more senseless. 

This is outrageous.

How can one file for compensation in an accident which claimed two innocent people's lives and in which they have admitted liability and been found guilty? That is a ludicrous situation.

I am so sorry about the senseless loss of your friends kdeter. It is beyond disgusting that you had to watch this individual walk away from the court with a mere slap on the wrist and a smile on his face. There is no accountability, ESPECIALLY within the police force.

Wow.  I could not have been more wrong on this one. 

This is an outrage.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=14247.msg1722551#msg1722551 date=1285479825]
    Wow.  I could not have been more wrong on this one.   

This is an outrage.
    [/quote]

It is.  Oh, it is.

Go read their momma's blog.  I cried for hours.  TG hubby remembered this thread and was okay with my sobbing for hours over the INJUSTICE this family suffered and continues to suffer.

RIP Jessica and Kelli

Live in peace Mom and Maddie.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

also, i don't know if this has been posted yet, if it has i'm sorry. but Kim and the girls' dad Brian also post some things on jessicaandkelliuhl.com.  there are only a few blogs on there but some picture sildeshows and so on.

I talked to Kim about this and let her read some of the comments and she says thank you for all your kind words.  How does she make it through each day? By keeping the memory of them alive.
    and you guys are a lot of the reason for that. thank you!

[quote author=kdeter11 link=topic=14247.msg1722713#msg1722713 date=1285524517]
    also, i don't know if this has been posted yet, if it has i'm sorry. but Kim and the girls' dad Brian also post some things on jessicaandkelliuhl.com.  there are only a few blogs on there but some picture sildeshows and so on.

I talked to Kim about this and let her read some of the comments and she says thank you for all your kind words.  How does she make it through each day? By keeping the memory of them alive.
    and you guys are a lot of the reason for that. thank you!
    [/quote]

I am very sorry for your loss.  No I don't think he has any remorse.  I can see him feeling devastated at first like it was mentioned before but his emotional wounds from the accident's outcome were far far less then what you and the girl's close family and friends are feeling.  He can go about his day's pretending that everything is fine.  He gets to see the same people day in and day out while you guys now have this gap where something so precious used to be.  He's convinced himself that he is at no fault here and no longer feels remorse for his actions. 

I read a great deal of their Mom's blog and just like nestlequikie, I sat and sobbed and hurt for her.  Her pain has to be like nothing else.  I thought about how I would feel if someone took my own little girl away from me.  How would I go through every day knowing I would never see her face again, to hold her, to hear her laugh?  It would kill me.  Their mother is an amazing and strong woman and I do hope she has justice soon.  I know nothing will ever heal her wounds completely but she does not deserve to sit and know that while she will never see her baby's again that he is still free to breath, eat, sleep, laugh and enjoy the comfort of those he loves.

I cannot believe he is trying to get compensation. That baffles me. What an a-hole!

I haven't read the blog and I don't think I will...I hate crying. But that poor mother...sounds like she is very strong.

RIP Jessica and Kelli

Reading the articles and everyones comments make me very sad and outraged about what happened. There was no need for it to happen. I'm sorry for the family & friends losses.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=14247.msg1721312#msg1721312 date=1285268309]
    Not on the cop's side in this case. Okay Ron? Okay?
    [/quote]
    I have to say, I'm shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

thank you all for your kind words.  i also wanted to let everyone know this has finally hit national news.  Kim, the girls' mother recieved a phone call from NBC yesterday.  She will be appearing live on the Today Show, Monday October 4th.

[quote author=kdeter11 link=topic=14247.msg1725678#msg1725678 date=1285818033]
    thank you all for your kind words.  i also wanted to let everyone know this has finally hit national news.  Kim, the girls' mother recieved a phone call from NBC yesterday.  She will be appearing live on the Today Show, Monday October 4th.
    [/quote]

Do you know the airtimes?  I want to make sure to get to see it but we have like 5 people and one tv so I gotta do TV dibs.

[quote author=Tikaraa link=topic=14247.msg1725684#msg1725684 date=1285818814]
    Do you know the airtimes?  I want to make sure to get to see it but we have like 5 people and one tv so I gotta do TV dibs.
    [/quote]

The Today Show is the morning show I think it airs from 7am to 10am. 

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=kdeter11 link=topic=14247.msg1725678#msg1725678 date=1285818033]
    [/quote]

i'm glad that its hit the national news.  this cop is disgusting, and people should know what a scumbag he is.  :x  his actions are just abominable. i know some people are dicks, but i cant understand how he could be so cold about something this major.  its not like it was a little accident, and everyone's ok.  ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=nyyankeeschick link=topic=14247.msg1725688#msg1725688 date=1285819258]
    The Today Show is the morning show I think it airs from 7am to 10am. 
    [/quote]

Damn I need a tivo or something. (Is that how you spell those stupid things?)

I hope i can catch it...  my sleep schedule is 4am to noon.  Might have to wake up, watch it, then go back to bed.

she doesnt know exactly what time she'll be on but is guessing somewhere between 7-9am on channel 5.  my sleep schedule is also about 4m-1pm so i'm also going to just wake up, watch it, and hopefully be able to go back to sleep.

Thread Information