Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-suic

Ik achukmo-Tikba-Kafi Beth-Deth's Avatar

Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-suic

What a selfish bastard! Why couldnt he just be like everyone else who gets suicidal and off HIMSELF?? Why did he have to leave all of that for his poor mom to discover and deal with?? She would surely have been bereaved enough over the loss of a son, but he had to go and kill off his family?

RIP Kalogeropoulos Father/Daughter

Soo sorry for you mom. :2sad:

"The female of the species, is more deadly than the male."

Re: Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-suic

[quote author=Beth-Deth link=topic=14120.msg848021#msg848021 date=1210429676]
    What a selfish bastard! Why couldnt he just be like everyone else who gets suicidal and off HIMSELF?? Why did he have to leave all of that for his poor mom to discover and deal with?? She would surely have been bereaved enough over the loss of a son, but he had to go and kill off his family?

RIP Kalogeropoulos Father/Daughter

Soo sorry for you mom. :2sad:

[/quote]

link please?

Re: Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/03/29/Joanne_Kalogeropoulos_(24)_and_her_father_were_sta bbed_to_death_in_a_murder_suicide

"Wielding a large-caliber revolver and perhaps one other weapon, authorities said a 25-year-old Peabody man fatally shot his father and his sister inside their home yesterday and then shot himself to death behind the wheel of a sport utility vehicle in the driveway. "

So why does the title say stabbed to death? 
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=14120.msg848219#msg848219 date=1210440446]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/03/29/Joanne_Kalogeropoulos_(24)_and_her_father_were_sta bbed_to_death_in_a_murder_suicide

"Wielding a large-caliber revolver and perhaps one other weapon, authorities said a 25-year-old Peabody man fatally shot his father and his sister inside their home yesterday and then shot himself to death behind the wheel of a sport utility vehicle in the driveway. "

So why does the title say stabbed to death? 
    [/quote]

Who knows maybe the other weapon was a knife?? I know is says shot to death in the article though. HMMM indeed!
    Also I loved (since it is no more) the headline Kara, Obama is scary!

Re: Joanne Kalogeropoulos (24) and her father were stabbed to death in a murder-suic

Community still coming to grips with June murder-suicide
    By Alan Burke
    Salem News

Mon, May 12 2008

PEABODY - The man with the answers isn't available for questioning.
    On June 23, after slaughtering his father, Demetrios, and sister, Joanne, George Kalogeropoulos went out to the family driveway off Margin Street, climbed into a vehicle and shot himself with a high-caliber pistol. His mother, Marina, stumbled onto the horror later in the day.

More than a month has passed, and no one can explain Kalogeropoulos' actions.

"The only person who could know why this tragedy happened would be the man who committed it," said Steve O'Connell, spokesman for District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.

O'Connell will only speak indirectly of the state police investigation conducted out of the DA's office. He cited what is typically done in such cases:

"We would carefully review his medical and psychological history," O'Connell said, adding that investigators would be seeking the help of friends and family members. In addition, photographs of the scene would be taken and studied, ballistics for the gun would be examined, autopsies would be performed, and a toxicology report would be prepared revealing what, if any, drugs might be involved.

It's not likely that such information will ever be revealed to the public, however, said O'Connell, hinting that this is out of respect for the family. "We would share that with the family. ... It was the family that was the victim."

"We feel terribly for the Kalogeropoulos family," said Peabody police Chief Robert Champagne, explaining that his department likewise can say little.

The funeral for the three Kalogeropouloses was celebrated in Cambridge more than a week after their deaths.

"It was unbelievable," said Jeff Howland, a friend of George. "There were probably 500 cars there." It was a Greek Orthodox ceremony, he said, with three priests.

"I saw the mother and (surviving) sister at the funeral," said Ashley Page, 20, among a legion of friends devoted to Joanne. "I hugged the mother. I don't know how to approach her since then. I don't know what to say."

The funeral proceeded to Wakefield. Howland praised the sensitivity of the state police troopers who guided the mourners to the cemetery.

"They were buried together," he said.

In the days after the deaths, Howland came forward to defend his friend, to say that stories painting him as a loner just weren't true. He had good friends.

Champagne confirmed that nothing has so far emerged in the investigation to contradict what was initially believed - that George stabbed his father multiple times, then chased his sister into a bathroom and stabbed her to death before killing himself. The savagery of the crime hasn't lent itself to any easy conclusions.

"Everyone we've spoken to said this was just a regular guy," Champagne said. "In the research our department did, people spoke well of (George). ... This situation was a terrible tragedy. It appears to involve just the family."

But the repercussions are felt outside the family.

"It hasn't gotten easier," Page said.

It took awhile for the reality that Joanne was gone to sink in. Page broke down once it did.

"I'm still confused," she said. "Too many things are never going to be answered. Everyday something I do or see will remind me of her."

It reminded her how quickly life can be taken. "I know (Joanne) wants all of us to keep being happy. But a part of us will never be the same."

Howland said he has watched many friends die in the past months, from overdoses and suicides and illnesses. He is still struggling to make sense of the July 23 tragedy and how to help if a friend is having trouble.

"If you have information or knowledge to maybe better a situation, you should act on it," he said. "It's made me think that it's never too late to change. To try a little harder."

He echoes Peabody Mayor Michael Bonfanti, who had no glib answers when asked how the community should react to such horror.

"I just don't know," he said. "People are more isolated. There's more going on in our lives, but we're more isolated. I think there are a lot of lonely people. And maybe we have to try harder to look out for each other."

Copyright © 1999-2008 cnhi, inc.

That helps to know. It is dated today, so pretty current too!

http://www.salemnews.com/local/local_story_213143418/resources_printstory

After nearly 3 years since this tragedy, they are trying to sell the house/property.  Good luck.  I went to the property to photograph it, and there is something sickly evil about the place.  I was only able to stay there for a few minutes, before I had to get the hell out.  I captured some very ghastly images on the property.  I am not sure if said influences where presence before this horrific crime, but I can tell you there is multipile "entities" for lack of a better term - that are attached to this property.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Prytania link=topic=14120.msg1339349#msg1339349 date=1248101436]
    After nearly 3 years since this tragedy, they are trying to sell the house/property.  Good luck.  I went to the property to photograph it, and there is something sickly evil about the place.  I was only able to stay there for a few minutes, before I had to get the hell out. I captured some very ghastly images on the property.  I am not sure if said influences where presence before this horrific crime, but I can tell you there is multipile "entities" for lack of a better term - that are attached to this property.

[/quote]

I know the people around here would love to see them. Post away!

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The following photographs were taken by me in May 2009, of house mentioned in article.

[quote author=Prytania link=topic=14120.msg1339349#msg1339349 date=1248101436]
    After nearly 3 years since this tragedy, they are trying to sell the house/property.  Good luck.  I went to the property to photograph it, and there is something sickly evil about the place.  I was only able to stay there for a few minutes, before I had to get the hell out.  I captured some very ghastly images on the property.  I am not sure if said influences where presence before this horrific crime, but I can tell you there is multipile "entities" for lack of a better term - that are attached to this property.

[/quote]

Were all of these family members living in the home at the time of the murders?

How long had they lived there?

Have they ever mentioned a sense of evil/supernatural activity to their friends and family?

I need more information before I would be willing to believe the home itself, or an entity is to blame.

ETA: It's not hard to edit images to make them seem as if there is something there... I am not accusing Prytania of editing the images, just pointing out that it's possible.  Also, the human brain loves to make connections that are not really there.  Here are a couple of photos I have taken that people claim to have seen ghosts and spirits:

This link has pics inside the house. They are creepy, the house is still furnished, I imagine, as it was that day. I can't imagine the survivors wanted to ever go back in there.
    http://vow.mlspin.com/idx/details.as...p;aid=C5385009
    Cancer JUNE 22 - JULY 22<br />Don&#39;t let negativity win out today, even though it probably will, because you&#39;re a worthless human being who most likely doesn&#39;t deserve to be happy.

I certainly HAVE NOT edited the photos - and you are correct the mind does like to make connections with images ( think the virgin Mary sightings. )&nbsp; I posted them, because Ron_nyc responded and told me people would want to see them.
    &nbsp; I can tell you as Witch with 30 years experience of dealing first hand with different hauntings and performing banishments of both private and industrial locations, from my perceptive there is something malevolent on this property. I went there unprepared and I couldn't stick around it was so oppressive. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I know what's there.&nbsp;
    &nbsp; &nbsp; The property was built in 1940, and the current family had lived there since the 1970's.&nbsp; Their property runs along a cemetery and the Danvers river, whose waters edge was called the &quot;North fields.&quot;&nbsp; In the early 15th century, these fields were populous with the Naumkeag Indians.
    &nbsp; The only family members living in the home at the time where the husband, wife, only son and a daughter.&nbsp; Another adult child, a daughter had married and moved from home. That is the only surviving child.
    &nbsp; I have not inquired with family or friends of this tragedy regarding the house, as I would never breech someone's privacy in that way.&nbsp; I wait for people to reach out to me, and then go from there.
    Accidenttraffic:&nbsp; I've seen them, and they are creepy aren't they.&nbsp; I bet mother and sister have never gone back.&nbsp; Before it went up for sale in May, the property was even more of a mess.&nbsp; The lawn every summer grew 4 feet high, and the family cars, including the SUV the son killed himself in remained there till very recently.&nbsp; A friend of mine in real-estate thought it was really in bad taste to show the place occupied by the victims belongings.&nbsp; Someone should have been paid to clear the personal belongings out before showing it, or better yet tear it all down for that matter.&nbsp; The land is the selling point, as there is land for 2 lots back there.&nbsp; That's why it's nearly 1/2 million.&nbsp; Good freaking luck to the new owners, if they don't have that whole piece of land exorcised.

wait, back the bus up. did you just say you are a witch?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Prytania link=topic=14120.msg1340999#msg1340999 date=1248227230]
    I certainly HAVE NOT edited the photos - and you are correct the mind does like to make connections with images ( think the virgin Mary sightings. )&nbsp; I posted them, because Ron_nyc responded and told me people would want to see them.
    &nbsp; I can tell you as Witch with 30 years experience of dealing first hand with different hauntings and performing banishments of both private and industrial locations, from my perceptive there is something malevolent on this property. I went there unprepared and I couldn't stick around it was so oppressive. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I know what's there.&nbsp;
    &nbsp; &nbsp; The property was built in 1940, and the current family had lived there since the 1970's.&nbsp; Their property runs along a cemetery and the Danvers river, whose waters edge was called the &quot;North fields.&quot;&nbsp; In the early 15th century, these fields were populous with the Naumkeag Indians.
    &nbsp; The only family members living in the home at the time where the husband, wife, only son and a daughter.&nbsp; Another adult child, a daughter had married and moved from home. That is the only surviving child.
    &nbsp; I have not inquired with family or friends of this tragedy regarding the house, as I would never breech someone's privacy in that way.&nbsp; I wait for people to reach out to me, and then go from there.
    [/quote]

I did say that I wasn't accusing you of anything... I just need more proof than a bunch of pictures.&nbsp; Thats all.&nbsp; No offense was meant.&nbsp; I am nice, promise.&nbsp; I just like to look for scientific explanations first before coming to the conclusion that it is supernatural.

Interesting story. Marking my spot so I can come back.

Winters_footsteps -
    No offense taken. ~ Prytania

Karalicious: Yes I am.&nbsp; There are a lot of misconceptions about what that means.&nbsp; If you have any questions regarding it, please feel free to send an e-mail.
    ~ Prytania

That house is damn creepy, murder or not.

In Arizona we had a family murdered in their gated house.&nbsp; It was a nice condo but the agents had to drastically slash the price to get anyone to even want to move in. It also brought up questions about disclosure...apparently you don't always have to mention that, you know, some people were gunned down in the house once upon a time.&nbsp;

I would never buy a house with that kind of bad history. Never. I'm all for bulldozing it and rebuilding.

[quote author=Prytania link=topic=14120.msg1340999#msg1340999 date=1248227230]
    Accidenttraffic:&nbsp; I've seen them, and they are creepy aren't they.&nbsp; I bet mother and sister have never gone back.&nbsp; Before it went up for sale in May, the property was even more of a mess.&nbsp; The lawn every summer grew 4 feet high, and the family cars, including the SUV the son killed himself in remained there till very recently.&nbsp; A friend of mine in real-estate thought it was really in bad taste to show the place occupied by the victims belongings.&nbsp; Someone should have been paid to clear the personal belongings out before showing it, or better yet tear it all down for that matter.&nbsp; The land is the selling point, as there is land for 2 lots back there.&nbsp; That's why it's nearly 1/2 million.&nbsp; Good freaking luck to the new owners, if they don't have that whole piece of land exorcised.
    [/quote]

You would think that the belongings would be sold to become part of the estate that the surviving child would inherit.

I wish your pics had been a bit larger.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=14120.msg1341497#msg1341497 date=1248283329]

You would think that the belongings would be sold to become part of the estate that the surviving child would inherit.

I wish your pics had been a bit larger.
    [/quote]

Me too!

Lets see if this works

Cool - it works. Here's the other one.

Those are some scary looking pictures!!

Has there been a paranormal investigation on the house at any time?&nbsp; Has anyone reported any supernatural activity, especially the family members involved in this horrible crime?

I am very curious to find out if there are other photos or stories about this property!

I am a healthy skeptic.&nbsp; Growing up Mormon does that to you.

Those pictures are creepy.

spot marking

Thread Information