Page 174 of 194 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4829

Thread: just tv talk...

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I watched it just to see how they were gonna kill her off. Holy shit John Goodman lost a lot of weight, he looks kinda sickly.
    He does look rough.

I thought they added insult to injury by having her OD.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, they kinda rubbed her nose in shit. John Goodman didn't look healthy at all. I can imagine if you take the shitload of stage makeup off probably rougher looking. I don't look for him lasting all that much longer.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

The original Roseanne was one of a kind. When people ask me what job I'm searching for after grad school, I say I'd like to watch Roseanne every day and note the descreprencies to create a version of trivial pursuit. What episode is the only episode where the door to the laundry room is closed? Why does Roseanne tell Jackie that they made a promise in high school to never give Arnie the chance to procreate when she just met him for the first time at Dan's poker game? How many times is corn mentioned in each episode of season one? Is the lady who buys the washer and massages the dead guy on the kitchen table the same lady named Karen who owns a book store and later befriends Darlene?

When people ask me what kind of mom I'd like to emulate I say a cross between Roseanne and Beatrix Kiddo.

My avatar here was Rambo Roseanne until a couple months ago. My favorite episode is season 2, episode 2-the little sister. It's perfect.

I'm just saying I'm crazy about that show.

The remake was pretty much what I expected- recycled jokes from seasons past, classic one-lines from the characters, the characters becoming caricatures, etc. (tbh, I never watched it passed the first 2 episodes). I wasn't a fan. The reboot and the Conners just seem like a desperate attempt at ratings and dollar dollar bills, y'all.

Just my two cents. I'd still dump a guy if they didn't like the orig. (I'm engaged but he knows the drill)

I loved the original series too. Both reboots were meh. I don't like it when comedy sitcoms try to be serious/depressing. I would watch an ID show about murder if I wanted to watch serious shit.

The way you feel about Roseanne is how I feel about The Office. I watched it when it aired and could watch reruns all.day.long. Hence the avatar. Also people tell me I have a rbf like the Angela on there too.

I also secretly watch ridiculousness.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I loved the original series too. Both reboots were meh. I don't like it when comedy sitcoms try to be serious/depressing. I would watch an ID show about murder if I wanted to watch serious shit.

The way you feel about Roseanne is how I feel about The Office. I watched it when it aired and could watch reruns all.day.long. Hence the avatar. Also people tell me I have a rbf like the Angela on there too.

OMG I love Ridiculousness! I just recently started watching again (I stopped a while back because Chanel's laugh, ugh) but the clips are just too funny. It's rare when I laugh out loud while watching something, but I do at that show.

And Impractical Jokers (which, by the way, I just got my tickets for to see them! Yay for them coming to Sac!)

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I DO watch the office everyday! That show is perfection also. My favorite joke lately is when people mess up their words, I say "Why say lot word when few word do trick?" I could quote it all day and laugh like it's the first time.
    But I do not know what rbf is?
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

OITNB is ending after the 7th season, that sucks. Natasha Lyonne is hot but sometimes her hair reminds me of Dave Mustaine.

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I DO watch the office everyday! That show is perfection also. My favorite joke lately is when people mess up their words, I say "Why say lot word when few word do trick?" I could quote it all day and laugh like it's the first time.
    But I do not know what rbf is?
    Rbf= resting bitch face, my normal face looks bitchy.

Kevin

I can't pick out just one line or episode that I like the most. Jim and Dwight shenanigans are pretty good though.

Wait was season 7 of OITNB the last one they just aired, or have they not aired it yet.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/22/judge-...-tv-next-fall/

A proposed show for Jerry Springer is in the works.

Jerry Springer is taking you to court.

Springer, 74, will host a new syndicated daytime courtroom show called “Judge Jerry,” The Post has learned. The series, produced by NBCUniversal, will handle small-claims cases, sources say.

It’s targeted to premiere next fall, following the 28th and final season of Springer’s over-the-top daytime program, “The Jerry Springer Show,” notorious for its outlandish segments — “I’m Happy I Cut off My Legs!”, “You Slept with My Stripper Sister!” — and fistfights between lowbrow guests. It even inspired a musical, “Jerry Springer: The Opera.”

“Judge Jerry” will feature Springer — a former attorney, news anchor and politician — wearing a judge’s robe and seated behind a desk.

It’s expected to incorporate some elements of his notoriously rowdy current program, including a raucous, fist-pumping studio audience breaking into chants of “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!” and Springer ending the show with his signature line, “Take care of yourself, and each other.”

Like other daytime court shows, including Judy *Sheindlin’s top-rated “Judge Judy,” “Judge Jerry” will feature a bailiff and will be taped in a courtroom setting, with two litigants squaring off against each other and Springer presiding over the cases and rendering a verdict.

The show will be taped in Stamford, Conn., which has been the longtime studio home of “Jerry Springer” and NBCUniversal’s other daytime shows, “Steve Wilkos” and “Maury.”

“Judge Jerry” is expected to air in the same time slots as “Jerry Springer,” which currently airs at 3 p.m. weekdays on WPIX/Channel 11 in New York City.

It will join a crowded docket of TV court shows, including “The People’s Court” (which also tapes in Stamford), “Judge Hatchett,” “Judge Mathis,” “Hot Bench” (created and produced by Sheindlin), “Divorce Court,” “Caught in Providence,” “Lauren Lake’s Paternity Court” and “Justice with Judge Mablean.”

“Judge Jerry” marks the next TV chapter for Springer, who graduated from Forest Hills HS, earned a law degree from Northwestern University and, in 1968, was a campaign adviser to Robert F. Kennedy. In 1971, he was elected to Cincinnati’s City Council and then served as the city’s mayor for one year.

In 1982, he was hired as a political reporter/commentator by Cincinnati’s *WLWT-TV, becoming its top-rated news anchor. In 1997, at the height of “The Jerry Springer Show,” he joined WMAQ-TV in Chicago as a news commentator. He’s a frequent political commentator, mostly on MSNBC.

Rbf= resting bitch face, my normal face looks bitchy.

Kevin

I can't pick out just one line or episode that I like the most. Jim and Dwight shenanigans are pretty good though.

Wait was season 7 of OITNB the last one they just aired, or have they not aired it yet.
    No the one that just came out is season 6, 7 doesn't come out till sometime next year.

Mickey Mouse turns 90 Years old.

https://www.cleveland.com/tv/2018/11...ty-on-abc.html

And in the latest Mickey Mouse Episode a Parody of Extreme Makeover Home Edition was included.

The last episode of room 104 was messed up. Watch at your own risk.

I just watched the last and final episode of orange is the new black. I’m sad it was the last one forever ��

I’ve been binge watching Below Deck all weekend.

I've been binge watching The Man in the High Castle. Just finished it. Wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but I liked the way they tied it up.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I've been binge watching The Man in the High Castle. Just finished it. Wasn't sure how I would feel about it, but I liked the way they tied it up.
    Is that on Netflix?

I’ve been binge watching Below Deck all weekend.
    Ooh, I love Below Deck! And Below Deck Med.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Is that on Netflix?
    It's on Amazon.

I mentioned Castle Rock in the Netflix thread....it's on Hulu. This show is amazing. I'm binging it.

I mentioned Castle Rock in the Netflix thread....it's on Hulu. This show is amazing. I'm binging it.
    I'm still working my way through the original CSI, but I will check this out afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm still working my way through the original CSI, but I will check this out afterwards!
    Warning: it's addictive as hell

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...eality-cancel/

COPS has been cancelled by Paramount Network after it had to respond to issues of Police Brutality as a result of various protests in the USA.

In 1989, media outlets nationwide clamored to cover the debut of ?Cops.?

The documentary-style crime program promising an intimate look at the daily lives of law enforcement officers marked one of the earliest forays into reality TV ? and many at the time couldn?t get enough.

? ?Vice? was nice, but ?Cops? is tops,? read the headline on one Boston Globe article, comparing the reality show, which aired on Fox, to ?Miami Vice,? the wildly popular NBC series that was approaching the end of its five-season run.

?Having no script to follow and no ponderous narration ? diluting its drama, ?Cops? delivers ?real life? TV that is as straightforward as a nightstick to the kidneys,? the Globe review said.

Those reviewers were right that audiences would love the formula. ?Cops? would go on to run for more than 30 years, enticing loyal viewers with tense scenes of foot chases, prostitution busts and drug-house raids.

But as its popularity rose, social and criminal justice advocates charged that the very elements fans loved ? namely raw footage of action-packed arrests ? glorified officers, normalized questionable police tactics and reinforced racial stereotypes.

On Tuesday, ?Cops,? which was scheduled to premiere its 33rd season this month, came to an unceremonious end after it was canceled amid widespread protests against racism and police brutality sparked by George Floyd?s death. Floyd, a black man, died last month in Minneapolis after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes while he was handcuffed on the ground.

?Cops is not on the Paramount Network and we don?t have any current or future plans for it to return,? a spokesperson for the show?s current network said in a statement. The Paramount Network, formerly Spike TV and owned by ViacomCBS, picked up ?Cops? in 2013 following its cancellation at Fox.

Tuesday?s announcement was widely praised by critics of the show and comes after episodes stopped airing on Paramount earlier this month. Similar shows such as A&E?s ?Live PD,? which follows police in real time, and ?Body Cam? on Discovery?s ID channel also had episodes pulled by their respective networks in recent days, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

?Cops? was the brainchild of John Langley and Malcolm Barbour, who both wanted to create a documentary-style show shot from the perspective of police, the Wall Street Journal?s John Jurgensen reported in 2012. Though the idea initially failed to garner much interest, it led Langley and Barbour to work with Geraldo Rivera, now a Fox News correspondent, to produce television expos?s on sensational subjects ranging from Satanism to drug use, according to the Journal. One broadcast, titled ?American Vice: The Doping of a Nation,? featured live footage of busts, The Washington Post reported at the time.

The pair held onto the concept for their show and in 1988, they pitched it to a young Fox executive named Stephen Chao. As Jurgensen wrote, Chao had helped launch ?America?s Most Wanted? and ?was hunting for other fresh concepts that could be made on the cheap.?

In a 2018 interview with the Marshall Project, Chao recalled doubting Langley?s pitch that he could produce a weekly program based on the simple premise of following police officers around on the job.

?My mind was whirling. I was like, ?How can you possibly deliver such quality every week, with so much action?? ? Chao said. ?He shrugged his shoulders. He said, ?I?m the pizza man. I can deliver every week.? It was such a stupid thing to say. I laughed, of course. None of us knew it was possible.?

By 1989, millions of people around the country were listening to the telltale opening strains of ?Bad Boys,? a song by the reggae band Inner Circle, as dramatic montages of police officers chasing and tackling suspects flashed across the screen.

While early media coverage of the show?s first few episodes, which documented a week in the lives of police officers in Broward County, Fla., were mostly positive, some were quick to raise concerns.

?The dominant image is hammered home again and again: the overwhelmingly white troops of police are the good guys; the bad guys are overwhelmingly black,? the New York Times wrote in 1989. ?Little is said about the ultimate sources of the drugs, and nothing is mentioned about Florida?s periodic scandals in which the police themselves are found to be trafficking in drugs.?

One Los Angeles Times review noted that ?the camera assumes the disgusting role of hanging judge by prematurely filling the screen with the faces of numerous suspects swept up in drug busts, some of whom may turn out to be innocent or may even go uncharged, for all we know.?

Soon, lawsuits targeting the show and the police departments it worked with started piling up, prompting producers to change tactics and allow police to have a say in what footage made the final cut, the Journal reported.

Still, ?Cops? remained a huge draw for Fox in the ?90s. With more than 8 million viewers an episode, the show often topped the list of most-watched reality TV programs during those years, according to the Marshall Project.

As the popularity of the series increased, so did the criticism.

In 2004, a paper examining episodes was published in the peer-reviewed Western Journal of Communication, and researchers observed that ?Cops? disproportionately showed people of color as perpetrators of serious crimes.

Programs like ?Cops,? serve to ?justify controversial police practices? and ?implicitly justifies the practice of racial profiling,? the researchers wrote.

?In that many viewers experience and understand law enforcement and crime through these reality TV programs, these shows teach audiences to view certain police practices as legitimate and certain social groups as deviant,? the paper said.

The show hit another snag in 2013 when Color of Change, a civil rights group, launched a campaign urging Fox to drop the show, which the network ultimately did later that year. At the time, ?Cops? had been on Fox for 25 seasons.

But the victory was short-lived. The program was soon picked up by Spike TV, now the Paramount Network, where it continued to draw viewers even as additional reports emerged in recent years raising concerns about the show?s potential to further inflame racial tensions and cause harm to marginalized communities.

A podcast released in 2019 called ?Headlong: Running from COPS? delved into the controversies surrounding the show?s content and highlighted questionable interactions between officers and suspects. In one 2004 episode of ?Cops? mentioned on the podcast, an officer in Wichita was seen using his flashlight to pry open the mouth of a black man and leaving it inside while another cop searched the man for drugs.

?What we found is that ?Cops? is edited far more problematically than it lets on, that it consistently presents excessive force as good policing and that its structural reinforcement of racial stereotypes about criminality raises questions about the ethics of continuing to let the show remain on the air,? the podcast?s host, Dan Taberski, wrote in an op-ed for the New York Times. ?Above all, the questionable legality of several actions taken by ?Cops? producers and their Police Department partners should lead every American state and city to assess whether they should allow reality shows about the police to film in their jurisdictions.?

Many cheered Paramount?s decision to cancel the show Tuesday.

?Crime TV plays a significant role in advancing distorted representations of crime, justice, race & gender within culture & #Cops led the way, pushing troubling implications for generations of viewers,? Arisha Michelle Hatch, vice president and chief of campaigns at Color of Change, said on Twitter.

Others saw the show?s cancellation as a sign of changing times and demanded that similar programs also be axed. A number of people zeroed in on A&E?s ?Live PD,? citing reports this week that revealed the show had been filming when a black man in Austin was arrested last year and later died in police custody after telling officers he couldn?t breathe.

?It is exploitative of those unwillingly filmed and broadcast, and it contributes to the glorification of overly aggressive and violent police tactics,? Buffy Wicks, a Democrat who serves in the California State Assembly, tweeted. ?Needs to end.?

I've been binging Monk on Prime Video. I'm on the last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I've been binging Monk on Prime Video. I'm on the last season.
    I loved Monk.

I'm late to the party and watching A Handmaids Tale. This shit is weird.

I have found so many neat shows that I love. I just wish I would have paced myself. All are caught up and I am constantly checking on new season updates. Sex education, Big mouth and The Boys are all hilarious. Another series I love is What We Do in the Shadows. Season 2 is much better than season 1 but the concept of ancient vampires living in modern day New York is a scream. Nandor the Relentless trying to open his emails and trying to get out of his coffin OMG. If you haven't seen it and are in to ridiculous comedy, you must watch.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information