Page 173 of 194 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4829

Thread: just tv talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yes, she died. I guess she was clean for a while, but relapsed. I can't find out anything for sure, but word is she got heroin laced with something (according to her mom) and she died in her mom's arms.

Yeah we watched the last two episodes last night, then I read through a bunch of her mom's fb posts. Very sad, lots of drama. (And she posted links to the Keely Foundation, which was started by my neighbor after her son OD'd a few years ago ... she's trying to get a sober-living facility built in this area, among other things.)

Out of everyone featured this season, I think Taylor was doomed because she had an endless supply of money to buy dope. I guess she was clean for a while after going to rehab, because she posted something over the summer on fb about being clean for 90 days and gaining some weight.

Depressing shit, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I didn't realize Mark from Roseanne died. He was one of my fave characters

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I didn't realize Mark from Roseanne died. He was one of my fave characters
    Yep, heroin overdose, I believe. I wonder who they will get to play him?

And it looks like Debby from Shameless will be playing Darlene's daughter? I never thought about it before but they do look similar.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was scared to watch Roseanne, but I actually liked it.

They got the politics out of the way right off the bat and moved on.
    TBH it really did remind me of some families. You had some that voted for Trump, then some that voted for Hillary. That's kind of how a lot of folks were acting after the election. It makes for those awkward family moments.

I liked how they showed Darlene moving back home with the kids. Everything about that is so relevant now. I also like her son. He's adorable and I loved how they got into the subject of his "identity"

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

TBH it really did remind me of some families. You had some that voted for Trump, then some that voted for Hillary. That's kind of how a lot of folks were acting after the election. It makes for those awkward family moments.

I liked how they showed Darlene moving back home with the kids. Everything about that is so relevant now. I also like her son. He's adorable and I loved how they got into the subject of his "identity"
    I watched the first half and I didn't hate it. Roseanne is her typical self - a blowhard who reminds me of every other outspoken far right Trump supporter. I don't think it's entirely a pro-Trump show, I don't think it can be due to the fact that Sara Gilbert is one of the top producers on the show. The reboot is all her doing, from what I've read. She's trying to depict a divided family, something that's prevalent these days. I think it's a good way to go - because family shold supercede politics and it seems to me that's what they're trying to show with this new season. Name calling and insults aren't the way to handle political differences and from what I've seen of the show, they're showing how ridiculous it sounds to toss "snowflake" and "deplorable" and crap like that around.

All In The Family wasn't promoting bigotry, yet Archie Bunker was a bigot. So was George Jefferson. The show showcased the ignorance of racism with those two characters. I think Roseanne is doing a similar thing.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

They mentioned Mark died in the show, but they didn't mention David at all. Is he little Mark's dad?

Also where was Jackie's son?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I really liked it. Love Darlene's son. They couldn't have picked a better actress to play Harris. She looks like a legitimate cross between Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. My fave was Jackie in her pink pussy hat and "Nasty Woman" t-shirt.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I really liked it. Love Darlene's son. They couldn't have picked a better actress to play Harris. She looks like a legitimate cross between Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki. My fave was Jackie in her pink pussy hat and "Nasty Woman" t-shirt.
    She is on Shameless! It didn't even cross my mind until I saw previews for Roseanne how much she looks like she could be their daughter.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The Terror on AMC is really good so far, looking forward to the next episode.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

The actor who played Mark died in real life.

The actor who played Mark died in real life.
    Yep. Wasn't he on that show Angel until his death?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Yep. Wasn't he on that show Angel until his death?
    I think he got fired or quit Angel and then overdosed shortly afterward.

What's his real name? I just spent a little too much time trying to figure out who you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    What's his real name? I just spent a little too much time trying to figure out who you guys are talking about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Quinn

Here ya go.

Hey, is anyone watching Good Girls. I almost passed on it, but, OMG, glad I didn't. Really clever show.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

The show "I Was Prey" on animal planet is pretty good, really intense.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Quinn

Here ya go.

Hey, is anyone watching Good Girls. I almost passed on it, but, OMG, glad I didn't. Really clever show.
    I started watching, then got sidetracked. I'll have to go back and binge on it.

I think Cloak and Dagger was a well-done tv series.

The last thing one expects to see while eating lunch and catching up on favorite shows..... A post explosion asshole still attached to the inner plumbing hanging from a ceiling like a really fucked up chandelier.

You would think I would have learned by now not to watch Preacher while eating.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I won't put this in the Netflix thread because it's not on Netflix yet.

Handmaid's Tale Season 2- One of the most intense, on-the-edge-of-my-seat-the-whole-time shows I've ever watched.

It was an emotional train wreck for me.

Anyone watch Born This Way? I love it!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-abc-1143195

Designing Women moves to ABC

Creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason will return to pen the script for the Disney-owned broadcaster.
    Designing Women just took a big step closer to its TV return.

Twenty-five years after wrapping its seven-season run, ABC has handed out a script commitment to what is being billed as a "sequel" to the CBS comedy from original series creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason and executive producer Harry Thomason.

The new Designing Women ? which is a multicamera comedy like its predecessor ? will follow the next generation of Sugarbakers with a crop of new, young, female designers at an Atlanta interior design firm. The new take will still have the same razor-sharp dialogue and ability to cut through the political, cultural and social factions that rarely agree on anything. Bloodworth Thomason will pen the script and exec produce alongside her husband, Thomason.

The project, which has been in the works for months with the ABC deal being worked out over the past few weeks, comes from the same studio that produced the original in Sony Pictures Television. Sources say original castmembers will occasionally stop by should the new take move to series.

"I'm very excited to be working with ABC. And Sony has always been a great partner for Designing Women. Normally, I'm not a fan of reboots but Designing Women does seem to have the right fengshui for all that is going on right now. We could definitely have some fun," Bloodworth Thomason told The Hollywood Reporter a day after she penned a blistering guest column in which she revealed that former CBS CEO Leslie Moonves kept her shows off the air for seven years.

Dixie Carter, Delta Burke, Annie Potts, Jean Smart and Meshach Taylor starred on the original multicamera comedy, which took on subjects including women's rights, domestic abuse, homophobia and racism during its run from 1986-1993. A season two episode exploring AIDS prejudice ? inspired by Bloodworth Thomason, whose mother died from the disease ? earned two Emmy nominations. Designing Women was nominated multiple times for the best comedy Emmy but never took home the trophy in the category. Burke earned two lead actress noms, and Taylor was also nominated.

Toward the end of its run, the series underwent some major casting changes. Julia Duffy and Jan Hooks replaced Burke and Smart in season six. (Duffy was not brought back for the seventh and final season and was replaced by Judith Ivey.)

Carter passed away in 2010; Potts is a series regular on CBS' The Big Bang Theory prequel Young Sheldon; Taylor died in 2014; Smart is a series regular on FX's Noah Hawley Marvel drama Legion; and Burke, who is married to This Is Us favorite Gerald McRaney, last acted on TV in a 2009 episode of Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva.

The Designing Women sequel arrives as reboots continue to remain in high demand as broadcast, cable and streaming platforms look for proven IP in a bid to cut through a cluttered landscape that is expected to top 500 scripted originals this year. Key to them is having the original producers involved ? which Designing Women has with Bloodworth Thomason and Sony, whose Columbia Pictures was the studio behind the original.

From left: Annie Potts, Jean Smart, Delta Burke and Dixie Carter of 'Designing Women'
    READ MORE
    'Designing Women' TV Revival in the Works
    Designing Women is of particular interest as broadcasters look to reboot hit comedies that help speak to the state of the politically divided country. For its part, ABC found huge ratings success with Roseanne, which represents the working class in middle America; CBS will launch its new Murphy Brown with star Candice Bergen on Sept. 27; and NBC has renewed its Will & Grace revival through 2020.

It's also worth noting that Potts acknowledged the climate is right for a Designing Women reboot. "I would love that," she told EW. ?I don?t know when I?d find the time for it, but I think that they could use a show like Designing Women ? feisty smart women that didn?t take any B.S. from anybody. Every Monday night was a #MeToo moment for us, and we were talking about it; we were very political. I?m sad that there?s not such a strong voice, I don?t think, in any singular show. Nobody is doing what we did then. So yeah, if [creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason] wanted to write six episodes and do it in my hiatus, I would be there in a minute."

Bloodworth Thomason is repped by Innovative Artists and Hansen Jacobson.

Anyone else watching "You" on Lifetime?

Has anybody seen Sharp Objects? I'm on episode 4 and so far I like it a lot.

If you like crime mystery, it's a good one. I already have my #1 suspect.

Has anybody seen Sharp Objects? I'm on episode 4 and so far I like it a lot.

If you like crime mystery, it's a good one. I already have my #1 suspect.
    Oh this shows great I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet though. I love how she's always drinking vodka.

Just watched The Conners. Anyone want to estimate how many episodes will air before cancellation. I loved the original Roseanne and last years reboot. ABC really fucked themselves good and proper.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Just watched The Conners. Anyone want to estimate how many episodes will air before cancellation. I loved the original Roseanne and last years reboot. ABC really fucked themselves good and proper.
    I watched it just to see how they were gonna kill her off. Holy shit John Goodman lost a lot of weight, he looks kinda sickly.

Thread Information