Thread: Rodney Stokley - missing since 22 Jan 08

Olivia

Rodney Stokley - missing since 22 Jan 08

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =103009798

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1909 - a forum here has comments from myspaces that allude to the fact that he may have run off to get married

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5654138&version=2&locale= EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Cleveland Police Department officials are concerned about a 19-year-old man who disappeared without a trace late last month.

Rodney Stokley disappeared around 12:30 a.m. Jan. 22 after he left his apartment in the 800 block of Charles Barker Road in Cleveland. Rodney was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black Led Zepplin T-shirt, a black hoodie and gray-black shoes.

Re: Rodney Stokley - missing since 22 Jan 08

Cleveland teen still missing, reward offered
    By VANESA BRASHIER
    vbrashier@hcnonline.com
    04/08/2008
    Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly

Rodney A. Stokley, 19, has not been seen since around midnight on Jan. 21 at the Brook Hollow Apartments in Cleveland. He left home without a wallet or any form of identification. 
    It’s been over two months since 19-year-old Rodney Stokley unexplainably disappeared, and his parents are still trying to come to terms with the fact that no one has seen or heard from him.

There have been few leads and the ones police had haven’t panned out, but his family hasn’t given up hope.

“We just want him back. We need answers,” said his father, Rodney Stokley Sr.

His father related what he knows of the night his son disappeared — Jan. 22, 2008.

A buddy of Rodney’s had picked him up at the family’s home and taken him to Brookhollow Apartments for his buddy’s birthday celebration.

What he knows about what happened next is based on the friend’s account and what police have uncovered.

“His buddy and girlfriend were arguing so Rodney said he would leave. He made a couple of phone calls including one to his girlfriend. He made a couple more phone calls after that but the battery on his phone was going down,” said his father.

The last of the calls he made pinged, or connected, off a cell phone tower on Wells Road off Plum Grove Road. After that, no calls were made from the cell phone and no one ever heard from Rodney again.

“Everything was going good and then Rodney disappeared. It’s not like him to be gone and not in contact with us,” said Rodney Sr. “That’s where his trail ends.”

Advertisement

The “not knowing” is the worst part of it all for the Stokley family.

“We fill a void because we don’t know where he is. I need to know what happened to him and I will do whatever it takes to get him back,” said his father.

That includes putting up a $5,000 reward for information leading to his recovery. Anyone with information is asked to call Texas EquuSearch at 1-877-270-9500.
    Rodney Sr. said that as a young boy his son had a tendency to vanish and reappear in the strangest ways.

“He would be in the kitchen one minute and then walk through the front door the next. I just hope at the end of this story that he appears just as quickly as he vanished,” his father said.

That comment really caught me me as odd.

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19463168&BRD=1574&PAG=461& amp;dept_id=635561&rfi=6

Olivia

The comments on his myspace are getting increasingly frantic as time goes on and there is no sign of him.

Updated: 03.23.09
    Special K-9’s Search and Recovery and Cleveland Police Department checked an area of Easy Street on March 23, 2009 in regards to the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Rodney Stokley, who has been missing for more than a year from the Cleveland area.

Special K-9’s Search and Recovery is a certified dog team dealing with human remains detection. They are based out of The Woodlands area and are a non-profit organization.

The team was contacted by the Cleveland Police Department to assist with checking an area of interest. They responded within days and were a great help in the department’s investigation.

“We are always following up leads in regards to Rodney’s disappearance. This is an example of a tip we received from the public,” said Captain Scott Felts. “We continue to encourage the public to contact the police department with any information into the disappearance of Rodney Stokley.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Cleveland Police Department at 281-592-2622.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20..._search_ca.txt

Can't find article about the outcome of this search, but he is still listed as missing.

photo credit: family

On January 22, 2008, 19-year-old Rodney Stokley, was picked up by a friend to go to a birthday party at the Brookhollow Apartments in the 800 block of Charles Barker Road in Cleveland.

According to Rodney's friend, there was an argument between a couple at the party and Rodney said he was going to leave. Rodney started walking and began making phone calls, then his cell phone went dead. Rodney has never been seen again.
    View slideshow: Rodney Stokley: Missing from Cleveland since 2008

Police were able to determine by the cell phone pings, that Rodney made several phone calls, before the battery on his phone die. They determined by the length of the calls, that Rodney did not get in touch with his girlfriend.

"I have mixed feelings about what happened. I don't think he would have just walked away in the middle of the night with only the clothes on his back, his wallet and cell phone charger were at home and he had no vehicle. He always called me when he was going to be late coming home," said Tena Stokely, Rodney's mother. "I think some one does know something. He did not just disappear off the face of the earth."

Detective Scott Felts with the Cleveland Police Dept. who has been working on the case is encouraging anyone with information about Rodney, no matter how small, to call him at 281-592-2626.

If you lived in the area, think back to that day and try to remember anything about that night that might help Detective Felts find Rodney.

"It's been four years, we need to know something," said Tena.

Your right Tena, you do.

There is a $10,000 reward for information leading to his recovery. If you have any information you can call 1-877-270-9500.

Description:

Rodney Stokely
    Date Of Birth: August 1, 1988
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Hair Color: Dk.Brown
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Race: White
    Clothing: Last seen wearing blue jeans, black
Led Zepplin t-shirt, black hoodie and gray/black shoes. (Duffs)

Do you have a loved one who is missing and need my help getting their story told? If so, send me your story and pictures of your missing loved one, and I will feature the story on my Missing Persons column at the Examiner. Also, to learn about more missing person cases solved and unsolved, and to read advice on how to search for MP's check out Missing Persons of America.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/rodn...and-since-2008
    https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindRodney

I know that someone has to know something about Rodney and what happened that night, 5 years ago. I really believe the guy and girl from the apts that he was visiting that night know something and wont come forward. He supposedly left that apt around midnight walking through Cleveland. Some one knows something. If any of his old friends have any info, no matter how small you think it is, please let me know. You can remain anonymous. You can email me at stokleyboyz@aol.com.
    Thanks everyone.
    (from the Facebook group)

Thread Information