Thread: updated:Dallas man arrested in fatal beating of 3 yr old boy

updated:Dallas man arrested in fatal beating of 3 yr old boy

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/southdallas/stories/DN-momarrest_20met.ART0.North.Edition1.3e98c9b.html

Police arrest Dallas man in fatal beating of 3-year-old boy

Witness reports seeing child thrown against wall, dunked in toilet

08:06 AM CDT on Saturday, October 14, 2006

By LAUREN D'AVOLIO / The Dallas Morning News

The brutality will haunt Latricia Love.

She said she saw a Dallas man grab his girlfriend's 3-year-old son around the neck, pick him up and force his face into a bowl of oatmeal – apparently punishment for soiling himself. Later, she said, she saw the man throw the boy into a living room wall and thrust his face into the toilet.

Hours later, the boy was dead.

Alonzo Turner, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Friday evening in connection with the beating death of the boy, police said. Causing the death of a child younger than 6 is considered capital murder and is punishable by life in prison or a death sentence.

"I hate him myself," Ms. Love said.

The child – whose name was not immediately released – lived in an apartment in the 4800 block of Sunnyvale Street in east Oak Cliff.

In addition to the capital murder charge, Mr. Turner faces one count of misdemeanor assault, said Dallas police Senior Cpl. Donna Hernandez. He was in custody Friday evening. Bail information was not available.

Mr. Turner had been caring for the boy while his mother was away from the apartment, Cpl. Hernandez said.

'She was packing up'

"What ... [investigators have] been able to determine is that Mr. Turner was basically the caretaker of the child at the time the child received the injuries that apparently caused the child's death," she said, adding that Mr. Turner "is more or less the mother's boyfriend."

A 911 call was placed about 3 p.m. Friday, she said.

Keitha Davis, whose mother lives in the complex, said the boy and his mother lived with Mr. Turner. They moved into the complex about two weeks ago, but few residents knew them.

Earlier Friday, Ms. Davis said she saw the boy's mother stuffing a car with her belongings. She said the woman appeared to have a swollen lip and bruised face.

"She told the man she wanted her child because she was packing up," Ms. Davis said. "He pulled the baby back inside and slammed the door.

"He was lookin' like he was real, real, real angry."

Neighbors said Mr. Turner threatened to kill them with a gun when they confronted him about the incident.

Ms. Love said her friend and Mr. Turner had been dating intermittently for eight months . Ms. Love – a former roommate of the mother – said she remembers one time her friend left Mr. Turner to live with her father. Mr. Turner found the woman, Ms. Love said, so her friend agreed to reconcile and moved into this apartment with him about two weeks ago.

Ms. Love said that when she arrived Friday, the boy had a Band-Aid on his right temple, but it did not hide a bruise underneath it.

"When we were walking out the door, she tried to take the boy and he told her not to touch him – asked if she wanted a whooping, too," Ms. Love said.Ms. Love said when they returned about 30 minutes later from grocery shopping, the 3-year-old appeared disoriented and uneasy. He complained of exhaustion, she said, so he took a nap. Ms. Love got a call from his mother about 3:30 p.m. saying he was dead.

"He was so innocent. He didn't deserve no whooping," Ms. Love said. "He didn't do nothing to nobody."

Pair seemed 'normal'

Neighbors said they thought it was strange that the 3-year-old was never allowed out to play with other children at the complex.

Kenneth Grayson, who owns Grayson Security and works at the complex, said Mr. Turner and his girlfriend "seemed like they were normal."

The two-bedroom apartment where the boy died was clean and sparsely furnished. A Sponge Bob Squarepants table in the living room was overturned and missing a leg. A matching chair was strewn three feet away.

The boy liked the comic book character Spider-Man. The superhero's likeness was emblazoned on a blanket that covered his Venetian blinds, an umbrella, a bag and even a folding chair.

A Polaroid picture of Mr. Turner was hanging in the room. A Bible was on top of a chipped wooden nightstand next to the boy's bed.

E-mail ldavolio@dallasnews.com

people are sick

thank god, the mother was charged,hopefully she will be beaten to death in jail too.

Re: Dallas man arrested in fatal beating of 3 yr old boy

Why didn't Ms. Love say something to authorities when she saw all of this happening???
    No she didn't deliver any fatal blows to the child, but in my opinion she is to blame as well!!!!!!!
    She could have called CPS without identifying herself or called Dispatch to have them IMMEDIATELY send an Officer out to do a welfare concern. She sucks in my book.

At least his mother had enough sense to leave the situation, but she shouldn't have had the boyfriend watch her child alone if he was abusive.

And the boyfriend is a pile of boo boo, and even that's speaking too highly of the creep!!!

R.I.P. Little One
    www.myspace.com/kissie_pie

i hear ya, i think she should be accountable to simple fact cause she witnessed the whole think and didnt do anything until he was getting his head dunked in the toilet, that man is a sick fuck and he should have a terrible death. :x

ms love should get arrested too, i mean seeing a person do that to a helpless kid...  oi oi oi both can rot.

Im so sick of reading stories about ppl beating and killing children

[quote author=Apathetic link=topic=2120.msg75381#msg75381 date=1160928930]
    Im so sick of reading stories about ppl beating and killing children
    [/quote]

now, its just like an everyday thing now,somebody kills thier kids for stupid reasons now, which sucks in the world

oak cliff is a ghetto area full of people who don't want anything to do with the cops and accept violence as a part of life. basically they're dumb-dumbs. these 2 dumb women are partly to blame for this.

"Earlier Friday, Ms. Davis said she saw the boy's mother stuffing a car with her belongings. She said the woman appeared to have a swollen lip and bruised face. "

"She told the man she wanted her child because she was packing up," Ms. Davis said. "He pulled the baby back inside and slammed the door."

"When we were walking out the door, she tried to take the boy and he told her not to touch him – asked if she wanted a whooping, too," Ms. Love said.Ms. Love said when they returned about 30 minutes later from grocery shopping, the 3-year-old appeared disoriented and uneasy. He complained of exhaustion, she said, so he took a nap. Ms. Love got a call from his mother about 3:30 p.m. saying he was dead."

It sounds like there were two instances where he kept the baby from the mom. So she leaves the baby with him earlier in the day, after she tries to take him and he pulled the baby back inside. Then she leaves to go shopping and leaves the baby with him again, it didn't matter if she was gone 2 mins or 30 mins....why would she leave him there at all knowing he would whoop him just like he had whooped her. I just don't get it. The police should have been called earlier in the day. Regardless of the attitude towards cops in the area, her most important responsibility was to protect her child. I think most people would protect their child over distrust the cops. But, I am obviously wrong!

This Ms Love who says she saw him do all those horrible things to that child and did nothing to intervene, "uphauling", absolutely appalling. I think there are laws in some states where if you fail to seek/give aid to anyone in need you are charged with a crime. I think its called the good samaritan law. Whether she was friends with the mom or the boyfriend doesn't even matter, she was obligated to intervene-either personally or by seeking aid to the victim(s).

"The brutality will haunt Latricia Love." good, it should haunt her. I have very little sympathy for her. I do have a little, just a itsy bitsy bit of sympathy for her, because of possible reasons that maybe she didn't do anything useful. Could be it all she knows and she knows no better, and that is sad as well. Or maybe she feared for her safety...doubt this one since they left to shop, could have called 911 from store to have a welfare check done while they were gone.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter she is morally responsible to have provided aid to that baby. The mother too, what was she thinking? what was she one? She made some really bad choices that day, maybe even starting two weeks before, by getting back with that scum. Although I have tremendous sympathy for the mom, she could have prevented this tragedy. Again, it may be that she did the best she could with what she knew. Sad, very sad. Then the boyfriend.....OMG :-o What a total piece of shit that guy is. He should get the death penalty, this guy really needs to be exterminated. If he were to get paroled or even escape, we would be in big trouble having that man in our society again. Anger issues much??!!??

[quote author=death_roe link=topic=2120.msg75927#msg75927 date=1160991852]
    [i]"Earlier Friday, Ms. Davis said she saw the boy's mother stuffing a car with her belongings. She said the woman appeared to have a swollen lip and bruised face. "

"She told the man she wanted her child because she was packing up," Ms. Davis said. "He pulled the baby back inside and slammed the door."

"When we were walking out the door, she tried to take the boy and he told her not to touch him – asked if she wanted a whooping, too," Ms. Love said.Ms. Love said when they returned about 30 minutes later from grocery shopping, the 3-year-old appeared disoriented and uneasy. He complained of exhaustion, she said, so he took a nap. Ms. Love got a call from his mother about 3:30 p.m. saying he was dead."[/i]

It sounds like there were two instances where he kept the baby from the mom. So she leaves the baby with him earlier in the day, after she tries to take him and he pulled the baby back inside. Then she leaves to go shopping and leaves the baby with him again, it didn't matter if she was gone 2 mins or 30 mins....why would she leave him there at all knowing he would whoop him just like he had whooped her. I just don't get it. The police should have been called earlier in the day. Regardless of the attitude towards cops in the area, her most important responsibility was to protect her child. I think most people would protect their child over distrust the cops. But, I am obviously wrong!

This Ms Love who says she saw him do all those horrible things to that child and did nothing to intervene, "uphauling", absolutely appalling. I think there are laws in some states where if you fail to seek/give aid to anyone in need you are charged with a crime. I think its called the good samaritan law. Whether she was friends with the mom or the boyfriend doesn't even matter, she was obligated to intervene-either personally or by seeking aid to the victim(s).

"The brutality will haunt Latricia Love." good, it should haunt her. I have very little sympathy for her. I do have a little, just a itsy bitsy bit of sympathy for her, because of possible reasons that maybe she didn't do anything useful. Could be it all she knows and she knows no better, and that is sad as well. Or maybe she feared for her safety...doubt this one since they left to shop, could have called 911 from store to have a welfare check done while they were gone.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter she is morally responsible to have provided aid to that baby. The mother too, what was she thinking? what was she one? She made some really bad choices that day, maybe even starting two weeks before, by getting back with that scum. Although I have tremendous sympathy for the mom, she could have prevented this tragedy. Again, it may be that she did the best she could with what she knew. Sad, very sad. Then the boyfriend.....OMG :-o What a total piece of shit that guy is. He should get the death penalty, this guy really needs to be exterminated. If he were to get paroled or even escape, we would be in big trouble having that man in our society again. Anger issues much??!!??
    [/quote]

FUCK THAT! ANY good mother would die for their child!!! I swear to GOD if ANYONE tried to take my son, i would go down swinging. I have absolutely NO sympathy for that woman. Maybe if she tried a little harder and wasnt scared of getting a "whoopin" her kid wouldnt be dead. RIP Little Man
    <br /><br />

&nbsp; FUCK THAT! ANY good mother would die for their child!!! I swear to GOD if ANYONE tried to take my son, i would go down swinging. I have absolutely NO sympathy for that woman. Maybe if she tried a little harder and wasnt scared of getting a &quot;whoopin&quot; her kid wouldnt be dead. RIP Little Man

Damn Straight!!!!
    www.myspace.com/kissie_pie

Who are these witness/es?

&quot;He was so innocent. He didn't deserve no whooping,&quot; Ms. Love said. &quot;He didn't do nothing to nobody.&quot;
    Didn't sound like they were the most intelligent bunch.

As far as holding the friend responsible, fuck that.
    People jump to conclusions so fast, it's sickening.
    She probably didn't realize the extent of the abuse... other possibilities that I would get lynched for proposing, so I'll stop.

Silly antecdote:
    My parents split for two years when my sister and I were young.
    My mom called my sister one morning and asked what she was doing.
    &quot;Making Daddy coffee. He usually beats me up in the morning, but he didn't today, so I'm making him coffee.&quot;
    &quot;Your dad beats you up?&quot;
    &quot;Almost every morning. He beats me and [my sister] up all the time.&quot;

My mom called child protective services.
    My sister watched them arrest my dad and we were placed in protective custody (apparently, I don't remember any of this).

My dad woke up early. Almost always woke up before us. Get it... &quot;beat us up.&quot;

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=2120.msg76958#msg76958 date=1161034799]

&quot;He was so innocent. He didn't deserve no whooping,&quot; Ms. Love said. &quot;He didn't do nothing to nobody.&quot;

She probably didn't realize the extent of the abuse... other possibilities that I would get lynched for proposing, so I'll stop.

Silly antecdote:
    &quot;Making Daddy coffee. He usually beats me up in the morning, but he didn't today, so I'm making him coffee.&quot;

My sister watched them arrest my dad and we were placed in protective custody (apparently, I don't remember any of this).

My dad woke up early. Almost always woke up before us. Get it... &quot;beat us up.&quot;
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol:

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=2120.msg76958#msg76958 date=1161034799]

Silly antecdote:

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

About the friend, the report states that she saw him do all those things to him. If she did indeed see the things that it says she did.....then morally should have intervened, maybe not legally...but come on. I do think they probably did the best they could with what they know, I'm trying to give her and the mom the benefit of the doubt. I feel like I'm reaching really far by giving them any benefit of doubt, but I am trying. They sure don't appear to be a very smart group of people, and I'm sure that is a huge factor in this case.

The Good Samaritan Law actually states that if you give aid to a person, and end up furthering their injuries or if they die, you can't be held accountable for their death.&nbsp; It's because giving CPR quite often results in broken ribs and other nice injuries, and families would sue bystanders who gave CPR for causing these injuries (or, for example, moving a person after a spinal injury and causing them to be paralyzed).&nbsp;

Standing by and doing nothing can make you an accomplice to a crime, depending on the circumstances.&nbsp; If you pass by 20 guys attacking one person, you aren't going to be charged.&nbsp; But standing by as one person beats a child to death?&nbsp; You can bet she'll get charged with something.

[quote author=MBPearls link=topic=2120.msg78489#msg78489 date=1161113638]
    The Good Samaritan Law actually states that if you give aid to a person, and end up furthering their injuries or if they die, you can't be held accountable for their death. It's because giving CPR quite often results in broken ribs and other nice injuries, and families would sue bystanders who gave CPR for causing these injuries (or, for example, moving a person after a spinal injury and causing them to be paralyzed).

Standing by and doing nothing can make you an accomplice to a crime, depending on the circumstances. If you pass by 20 guys attacking one person, you aren't going to be charged. But standing by as one person beats a child to death? You can bet she'll get charged with something.
    [/quote]

Oh that's right (Good Samaritan Law)...oops. My mistake. I would think that she should be charged with something, if the facts we've seen are accurate.

omg that upsets me how you can do that to alittle kid, i hope he gets ass fucked everday in jail.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

[quote author=luscious link=topic=2120.msg80778#msg80778 date=1161225102]
    omg that upsets me how you can do that to alittle kid, i hope he gets ass fucked everday in jail.
    [/quote]

oh,trust me he will the waiting jail he goes to before trial my best friends works there, he probably would make it happen

[quote author=mzjay link=topic=2120.msg80933#msg80933 date=1161228825]

oh,trust me he will the waiting jail he goes to before trial my best friends works there, he probably would make it happen
    [/quote]

good and trust me fellow prisoners dont go for that crap.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

Re: updated:Dallas man arrested in fatal beating of 3 yr old boy

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/southdallas/stories/DN-momarrest_20met.ART0.North.Edition1.3e98c9b.html

they caught the mother too :x

What a relief. What a sick twisted woman, to let anyone do any of those things to any child. I'm glad she was charged, lets hope she is convicted now.

I hope she is placed in counselling and learns how to overcome the tragedy she's been through and is given a way to live her life without feeling she needs to depend on abusive men.

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=2120.msg83730#msg83730 date=1161449665]
    I hope she is placed in counselling and learns how to overcome the tragedy she's been through and is given a way to live her life without feeling she needs to depend on abusive men.
    [/quote]

I agree. She definitely needs to learn something to be able to survive in society when she is eventually set free. No more babes I hope. I doubt jailtime will teach her the skills she is so lacking.

Thread Information