Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twin Boys Smothered

Twin Boys Smothered

Twin boys smothered; mother in custody
    9-month-old infants were apparently crying

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. - A mother told police she smothered her twin 9-month-old boys because they were crying in her bed and then she went back to sleep, authorities said Wednesday.

Sheriff's investigators responded to a call from a relative who lived in the home, where one of the infants was found on the floor and the other on a bed. The children's mother, Lakeia Nicole White, 20, was not at home.

Sheriff Wayne DeWitt said White was taken in for questioning when she arrived later Wednesday.

It appeared Davion and Trevon Wilson had been asphyxiated but authorities were awaiting autopsy results, officials said.

"There were no bruise marks anywhere on any of the children or anything that showed any kind of neglect," Berkeley County Coroner Glenn Rhoad said. "They were well dressed and well cared for."

White was charged with homicide by child abuse, the sheriff said. White waived a bond hearing scheduled for Wednesday evening. Her attorney Steve Davis could not be reached for comment.

The Rev. Willis Goodwin of Centenary United Methodist Church, speaking on behalf of the family, said he baptized the twins two weeks ago.

"She was a very, very quiet and orderly girl," Goodwin said of White. He referred to the twins as "beautiful kids -- little angels."

Moncks Corner is about 30 miles north of Charleston.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15229893/

Re: Twin Boys Smothered

are u fuckin kidding me? WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! 
    <br /><br />

Wow, thats so sad. I bet she had no help- and was just sleep deprieved. I bet she barely realized what she did at that moment. May those little babies rest in peace.

[quote author=Monroe link=topic=2107.msg74537#msg74537 date=1160785971]
    Wow, thats so sad. I bet she had no help- and was just sleep deprieved. I bet she barely realized what she did at that moment. May those little babies rest in peace.
    [/quote]

I agree with you. Sometimes women commit these crimes without realizing it. I'm not excusing her behavior but God only knows how frustrated she must have been.

I get sleep deprived and frustrated a whole helluva lot, but I don't go and smother babies.

OMG..Another fucking worthless bitch killing her own kids!!!!!

WHAT is this world coming to!?!?

By nine months old those kids would most likely have been sleeping through the night!!!! All of mine were by that age!! It seems strange that she would have been sleep deprived!!! I wonder if thats her excuse for just being a bitch and killing her kids!!!

You guys are right.

You're MUCH better than the rest of the world, and they deserve your every contempt, as complete strangers.

I know im MUCH better than a woman who smothers her own frikkin kids.Thats for damn sure!

Takes a special kind of evil to be able to sit there smothering your kids to death.It takes what,like 4-6 mins?

[quote author=Monroe link=topic=2107.msg74537#msg74537 date=1160785971]
    [/quote]

Are you serious? How could she barely realize she was smothering,not one but TWO kids to death?

Sleep deprieved or not,I would think one would know theyre smothering thier babies &amp; what the outcome is going to be

Can somebody get this woman an award, please?

I have to say out of 5, 2 did not sleep through the night until almost a year....cranky babies :)

I also have to say from professional experience than babies, even the very newborn have the natural instinct of fight or flight.

If they were being smothered, (as videos have shown in professional circles of caught on camera events) there is a incredible body reaction, kicking, moving, head movement, muscles flexing.....

This one I find very, very hand to pass off as tired.&nbsp; I am leaning toward sedation, wether legal or not.&nbsp; There is not a exhausted mother in the world who would sleep through that without chemical assistance.

[quote author=reachingupforair link=topic=2107.msg74891#msg74891 date=1160865099]
    I have to say out of 5, 2 did not sleep through the night until almost a year....cranky babies :)

I also have to say from professional experience than babies, even the very newborn have the natural instinct of fight or flight.

If they were being smothered, (as videos have shown in professional circles of caught on camera events) there is a incredible body reaction, kicking, moving, head movement, muscles flexing.....

This one I find very, very hand to pass off as tired.Â* I am leaning toward sedation, wether legal or not.Â* There is not a exhausted mother in the world who would sleep through that without chemical assistance.
    [/quote]

i agree,my little girl didn't sleep through the night and it never ever got to the point , were i was just like &quot;oh, well i guess if i put a pillow on her face for 4 mins then she will be quiet&quot;. some people aren't meant to have kids.and it makes me upset this kind of people are having kids

[quote author=reachingupforair link=topic=2107.msg74891#msg74891 date=1160865099]

This one I find very, very hand to pass off as tired.Â* I am leaning toward sedation, wether legal or not.Â* There is not a exhausted mother in the world who would sleep through that without chemical assistance.
    [/quote]

Exactly.This isnt a case of being over exhausted.She knew what she was doing.

Deputies were called to White's home on Glenn Road around 8:15 Wednesday morning by the woman's great-grandmother, who also lives at the residence. When officers arrived, they found the two boys dead inside the residence. One was on the bed, the other was on the floor.

The victims' father is in the Air Force, and is stationed in Montana.

[quote author=Dee link=topic=2107.msg82273#msg82273 date=1161317881]

Deputies were called to White's home on Glenn Road around 8:15 Wednesday morning by the woman's great-grandmother, who also lives at the residence. When officers arrived, they found the two boys dead inside the residence. One was on the bed, the other was on the floor.

[/quote]

And their mother had left the home. Even if overcome with sleep deprivation to the point of killing not one....but two babies. After overpowering them and the fight their little bodies were sure to give. If so damn overtired, wouldn't she be home sleeping when the grandma came home. Nope, first opportunity and she was outta there. It would be interesting to know where she had gone after killing the babes.

Yeah, exactly.
    Maybe she'll use the sleepwalking/killing defense.

Poor babies.&nbsp; Wonder how their father is taking it and if he is going to be supporting her or not.
    I hope he doesn't.

[quote author=death_roe link=topic=2107.msg82292#msg82292 date=1161320593]
    And their mother had left the home. Even if overcome with sleep deprivation to the point of killing not one....but two babies. After overpowering them and the fight their little bodies were sure to give. If so damn overtired, wouldn't she be home sleeping when the grandma came home. Nope, first opportunity and she was outta there. It would be interesting to know where she had gone after killing the babes.
    [/quote]
    NOW...here's a case where crack may have actually helped....

[quote author=Dee link=topic=2107.msg82273#msg82273 date=1161317881]

[/quote]
    That bitch killed those babies?&nbsp; &nbsp;
    On some level. we&#039;d all like to know what&#039;s next and be assured that the choices we&#039;re making are the right ones. But there&#039;s no substitue for following your own instincts&quot;?* Mary Teller

&quot;So you've had a hard day, you come come home, fix your self some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe have a drink or two. sounds like fun, right? wrong. dont smother your kids.&quot;

is it normal for 9 month old babies to sleep in the same bed as their mother?&nbsp; what ever happened to cribs?
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=2107.msg82688#msg82688 date=1161366101]
    is it normal for 9 month old babies to sleep in the same bed as their mother?Â* what ever happened to cribs?
    [/quote]

its not uncommon for mothers to sleep with their babies in bed. it is believed that in enhances the bond between the two.

[quote author=Nicole link=topic=2107.msg82702#msg82702 date=1161367164]
    its not uncommon for mothers to sleep with their babies in bed. it is believed that in enhances the bond between the two.
    [/quote]

But it is actually really dangerous.Â* I remember reading about this 1 woman who accidently killed (I think 3) of her children before they found out that she was accidently suffocating them.Â* Their deaths had been ruled as SIDS.

I can't find a link for that one woman's story - But here's other cases: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15066101/

[quote author=holly link=topic=2107.msg82725#msg82725 date=1161367825]
    But it is actually really dangerous.&nbsp; I remember reading about this 1 woman who accidently killed (I think 3) of her children before they found out that she was accidently suffocating them.&nbsp; Their deaths had been ruled as SIDS.

I can't find a link for that one woman's story - But here's other cases: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15066101/
    [/quote]

or how about the girl who's baby drowned in a bucket of vomit next to the bed!?!?&nbsp; it's definately dangerous!&nbsp; what if they fall out?&nbsp; i don't really care how much you supposedly bond with your baby... it's not safe and i would never put my child in a dangerous situation like that!
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

The co-sleeper is a good investment.

Thread Information