Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Margaret McMahon - Missing since 31 March 08

Re: Margaret McMahon - Missing since 31 March 08

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=13640.msg802411#msg802411 date=1207699523]
    "U the fuck A" means unavailable?
    [/quote]

I was guessing. I don't know.
    I also thought it might be something like Fuck the US since they're military and potentially AWOL but I thought that I was stretching a bit there. 
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

Weird.  How hard do the Marines look for AWOLs? 

I guess UA is is unauthorized absence.    Oops.  :lol:

I don't have anything to add I just wanted to see where this case goes.

Olivia

Most recent article

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-limiss085642152apr08,0,7519509.story

Fueling their suspicions that the disappearance of Lance Cpl. Margaret McMahon may not have been a voluntary desertion of her military duties, relatives of the vanished Sag Harbor Marine said yesterday that she left far more behind in her California apartment than just her military uniforms and furniture.

"At the very least, what it looks like is my daughter was a reluctant participant and left on very short notice," said the missing Marine's mother, Kathy McMahon. "I feel like I have been lied to."

It's been a week since McMahon, 20, and her newlywed husband, George Kevlyn Reid, a fellow Marine, went missing. Escondido, Calif., police have said the couple cleaned out their apartment, leaving only uniforms and furniture.

Relatives, however, said yesterday that photos they've obtained of the apartment since the pair left bolster their belief McMahon did not leave voluntarily. The family has not turned over the photos to authorities. They show, among other items: clothing in a closet; a purse McMahon often carried; her certificate of promotion to lance corporal; a quilt she was knitting for a nephew; and a cell phone charger.

"My little sister is the type of person, that if she had to lose a limb or leave clothing behind, she would lose a limb," said McMahon's brother Lawrence McMahon, who, along with his sister Kimberleigh, yesterday questioned why Escondido police didn't tell them about the items.

Escondido police did not returns calls for comment. The department dropped its investigation into the missing Marines after surveillance video surfaced of McMahon withdrawing money from an ATM in Kansas.

Yesterday, Escondido police officials referred calls to the Naval Criminal Investigations Service. NCIS spokesman Edward Buice said there was "nothing new to report from our end."

Over the past seven days, authorities have speculated that Reid, who friends have said recently argued with McMahon, may have kidnapped her or that they fled to escape being deployed to Iraq.

I don't they had enough room to bring all their clothes.  This is still so weird.  I hope they find them soon so that her family will have answers.  If she was close to her family, I can't believe she didn't tell at least one of them that she was leaving.

Also, has the husband's family made a statement?  Are they worried?

It shows she logged in today, post on her myspace today. 

fuckin' maggie. lol wtf chick? u had us scared. glad ur ok. keep in touch. yeah, thats all from me.... : )

[quote author=odonata_68 link=topic=13640.msg803483#msg803483 date=1207782976]
    It shows she logged in today, post on her myspace today. 

fuckin' maggie. lol wtf chick? u had us scared. glad ur ok. keep in touch. yeah, thats all from me.... : )
    [/quote]

hmmm? that's strange because i havn't seen or heard anything on the news that she was found???
    I am "me" and if you dont like it....FUCK OFF!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =42780278

thank you everyone is glad that Maggie is ok 

[quote author=lostwolf link=topic=13640.msg803520#msg803520 date=1207784769]
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =42780278

[/quote]

ok, thanx.

Yup it is strange that it hasn't been in the news yet, especially with the way they have been covering it.

Because it's kind of anticlimactic I think.  Remember all the news about the Runaway Bride, until it came out that she had staged her kidnapping?  Then little to nothing, but sporadic stories of the charges she faced.  Also, it's an NCIS issue now, so I'd imagine they might want to play it close to sleeve as long as possible.

http://www.10news.com/news/15837399/detail.html

Here is a new story saying she emailed the family....  but some of the new comments indicate she called right?  we all know how people have gone in and messed around with someone's myspace after they are already dead.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

[quote author=noshame link=topic=13640.msg804464#msg804464 date=1207832831]
    http://www.10news.com/news/15837399/detail.html

Here is a new story saying she emailed the family....  but some of the new comments indicate she called right?  we all know how people have gone in and messed around with someone's myspace after they are already dead.
    [/quote]

"I speak for the family, and we're angry if she did this and it was her choice," said one family member.

that's bullcrap, she's an adult and they shouldn't be pissed about it, but rather be happy that she is alive and unharmed like they thought she was. does anyone know that her email was actually from her? i would be really pissed off if they do find out that she is alive and fine, that her hubby didn't have anything to do with her disapearance.

Her last comments' myspace name is currently "FUCK OFF MAGGIE" so i'm guessing she is home and people are pissed because they were worried for no reason?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=13640.msg804615#msg804615 date=1207840905]
    Her last comments' myspace name is currently "FUCK OFF MAGGIE" so i'm guessing she is home and people are pissed because they were worried for no reason?
    [/quote]
    :lol:  He changed it to Whatever Maggie now.  Either way, I think my favorite was the Stay Gone Maggie.

One of Kevyn's latest comments:
    Why are all of you blaming kevyn?? What if they both wanted to get away.. What if Maggie took him away? I know its devestating that they are ignoring everyone, but the adds and news make HIM look like a killer.. Dont stereotype. The best thing is to stay supportive and hopefully theyll show up.. Theyre smart adults obviously..There in the freakn marines. I am worried just the same.. Theyll turn up, whether willingly or not is their choice. Let them make it. Kev and Mag if your readin this, I love ya both and hope to talk to ya soon.

Smart?  If I wanted to disappear for a while, I'd empty the bank accounts ahead of time, avoid ATM cams, and probably curb my myspace addiction for a bit, but that's just me.  :roll:

Latest story - guess her family was wrong about her rather losing a limb than leaving her clothes behind.  I imagine future bbq's between the two families are going to be a little awkward.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-limiss115645790apr11,0,109339.story
    The Sag Harbor Marine who disappeared with her newlywed husband for more than a week has contacted her family, and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service said it is terminating its investigation.

Lance Cpl. Margaret Elizabeth McMahon, 20, told her family she is OK and that she left the service with her husband, a fellow Marine, because she was suffering from anxiety.

"She said it was just too much for her," Heather McMahon, 29, of Mastic Beach, said yesterday after speaking with her sister on the phone.

Marines on unauthorized absence face discipline under the unified code of military justice deemed appropriate by their military command, said Ed Buice, a spokesman for the NCIS.

The penalty could include up to 6 months in jail for service personnel gone at least three days but not more than 30 days, said Eugene R. Fidell, president of the nonprofit group the National Institute of Military Justice.

McMahon's disappearance received media attention in California and New York after her family reported her missing to the Escondido Police Department, where the couple lived, and said they feared something had happened to her. McMahon, who goes by the name Maggie, married a fellow Marine, Pfc. George Kevlyn Reid, in January, and the family said the two had gotten into some disputes. The family had never met Reid, whom McMahon met months before marrying, adding to their distress.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service initially said it was investigating the possibility McMahon had been abducted, but it backed away from that theory a day later, saying there were no indications of foul play after the couple disappeared March 31. When McMahon was captured on surveillance video trying to withdraw money from a cash machine in Kansas last week, Escondido police dropped their probe, saying it proved she was outside their jurisdiction and that it did not appear she was under any duress.

"NCIS continued its search for the two out of an abundance of caution, until yesterday evening," the service said yesterday in a statement.

Wednesday night, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service showed McMahon's family additional video footage it uncovered of the couple shopping at a convenience store in Missouri. Again, it showed McMahon unharmed. Another indication that she was alive and well came when McMahon updated her MySpace page, which had been inactive, on Wednesday.

Heather McMahon said she received a phone call from her sister Wednesday night and again yesterday. She said the couple states they didn't see all the media coverage of their case, and that a friend had been accessing Reid's MySpace page, where McMahon's family posted repeated pleas for him to let McMahon call them.

"They didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal," said Heather McMahon, who said she also wanted to apologize for having made her brother-in-law appear malicious.

Whatever Maggie, your anxiety will be worse during your punishment courtesy of the Marines.  And you didn't see the media coverage?  Lies.

Thread Information