Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Margaret McMahon - Missing since 31 March 08

Olivia

Margaret McMahon - Missing since 31 March 08

http://www.myspace.com/paymyway

Kevyn Reid (husband)  - http://www.myspace.com/kevyn015

A Long Island woman who left New York to become a Marine has gone missing in California, and military authorities are investigating her disappearance as a possible kidnapping by her newlywed husband, a fellow Marine.

Lance Cpl. Margaret Elizabeth McMahon, 20, was last seen at Camp Pendleton Monday morning when she went to fill out some paperwork for a name change after her January marriage to Pfc. George Kevlyn Reid. According to her relatives, McMahon and Reid had gotten into an argument last week and she called a friend crying late Sunday.

McMahon, who grew up in Sag Harbor, never made it to the building where she was supposed to fill out the paperwork, relatives said. And she has not been heard from since -- which they said is highly unusual.

"I don't know if he hurt her; I don't know if she's going along unwillingly; I don't know if she's alive," said her older sister, Heather McMahon, 29, of Mastic Beach.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-limiss045637603apr04,0,6864146.story

Re: Margaret McMahon - Missing since 31 March 08

So I'm assuming from his myspace that he has vanished too as no one seems to be able to get in touch with him.  I really hope she's okay but this whole story sounds really ominous. 

Olivia

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=13640.msg796134#msg796134 date=1207329336]
    So I'm assuming from his myspace that he has vanished too as no one seems to be able to get in touch with him.  I really hope she's okay but this whole story sounds really ominous. 
    [/quote]

Yep noone knows where he is.  Did you read all the comments on his myspace?

2 Apr 2008 07:48 PM

WHERE ARE YOU AND WHERE IS MY SISTER YOU LITTLE FUCK I AM DONE TRYING TO BE NICE TO YOU THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN FASTER THEN YOU THINK

Olivia

This is one of Maggie's sisters myspaces
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =42780278

HELP US LOCATE MARGARET MCMAHON AND KEVYN REID is hoping that Maggie is ok and will be allowed to call soon we miss you Maggie!!!

Yeah I was reading through his comments.  I really feel for her sisters.  They are obviously desperate for news.  I can't imagine being in that situation. 

1 Apr 2008 19:01
    WHERE IS MY SISTER???? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?????

It's heartbreaking to read their pleas to him to let her ring them just so they know she is alive.

Olivia

One of her sister's posted this on one of Kevyn's friends myspaces

3 Apr 2008 05:21 AM

Joy the authorities have been notified about ATM withdrawls, the police notified methat a transaction was trying to be
    made in MO and the police have some good leads but they can't go into
    details... My parents are pressing charges and they have
    about 7 charges so far and are working on more..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =48577646

Olivia

Most recent article- about an hour ago

The two junior Marines joined the Corps last summer.

They met at communications school in Twentynine Palms, Calif. They married just a few months later.

Now, following a few rocky months of matrimony, living in a small apartment in southern California, the pair is missing. Some family members fear the worst for 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Margaret “Maggie” McMahon-Reid.

“The whole family suspects foul play,” said Randy Zlobec, McMahon-Reid’s cousin, who grew up with her in the Hamptons area of eastern Long Island, N.Y. “We just want to know what’s happened and if she’s OK.”

Marine officials placed McMahon-Reid and her husband, Pfc. George “Kevyn” Reid II, 22, on unauthorized absence status Tuesday after they failed to report to duty, Marine officials said in a written statement Friday.

Both joined the Corps 10 months ago and work as communication equipment operators. McMahon-Reid is assigned to Camp Pendleton. Reid, who said his family is from North Carolina on his MySpace page, is stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.

The Corps has contacted both Marines’ families and the Escondido police. A search of the couple’s home in the north San Diego suburb showed no sign of the couple, Zlobec said.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/04/marine_missing_040408/

I don't see this here but this is supposedly Maggie's myspace:

Olivia

[quote author=stephak link=topic=13640.msg796156#msg796156 date=1207330012]
    I don't see this here but this is supposedly Maggie's myspace:

[/quote]

:lol:

Look at the top of the thread

One of Maggie's friends has this as their myspace heading "MAGGIE STAY LOST FOR GODS SAKE"  :|

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13640.msg796164#msg796164 date=1207330192]
    :lol:

Look at the top of the thread
    [/quote] :lol:

Weird story. Wonder what is going on. Kevyns myspace was logged into yesterday.
    Wonder who by.

[quote author=oohsofaabulous link=topic=13640.msg797338#msg797338 date=1207369605]
    Weird story. Wonder what is going on. Kevyns myspace was logged into yesterday.
    Wonder who by.
    [/quote]

Kevyn is the one logging into it, so it is reported:

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/04/05/news/local/doc47f6afbcb78d8880388489.txt

Since the disappearance, McMahon-Reid’s family and friends — along with fellow Camp Pendleton Marines — have peppered Reid’s MySpace page with pleas for contact and her safe return.

Zlobec said Reid has logged on to the space every day, but has not responded to any of the inquiries.

There has been no activity on McMahon-Reid’s MySpace page.

That's awful if he is just ignoring them, rubbing their faces in his freedom. I wonder why he won't reply and what sort of emails the family must be sending :?

Can't the police track where he is logging on from?

It appears that when Kevyn logged in on the 3rd he set his comments to "approve".  This is a crazy case.  If he isn't involved in her disappearance it seems he would at least let someone know.  It also seems that if they are just off spending time together they would let someone know.  He just seems to enjoy pissing her family off and probably his as well.  I have a feeling he has done something to her. Hope I am wrong.

I guess if they have someone trying to withdraw money from an ATM, there should be cam shots of him right?
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-limiss0406,0,1556591.story

Margaret McMahon, the Sag Harbor Marine missing from her California military base, was captured on videotape using a cash machine in Kansas, Escondido police said Saturday.

After viewing McMahon, 20, on video Tuesday trying to withdraw money in Salina, Kan., police dropped their investigation, saying the evidence confirms that McMahon was outside their jurisdiction. Police said they "relinquished" the investigation to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

Lance Cpl. McMahon was identified by a relative who viewed the video, in which McMahon appeared to be alone, police said. Also on Tuesday, a day after McMahon had gone missing, someone withdrew $400 from McMahon's bank account in Hazelwood, Mo.

McMahon, whom family members said a day earlier had argued with her new husband, fellow Marine Pfc. George Kevlyn Reid, 22, appeared to be under "no duress" in the cash-machine video, said Escondido police Lt. Neal Griffin.

Kathy McMahon, of upstate South Otselic, said Saturday after she spoke with Escondido police that she's leaning more toward her daughter having left on her own.

The video gives her solace, she said, "but it also provides a great deal of frustration as to how she can be this long out of communication with us . . . They seem to have every opportunity to put our fears to rest and choose not to."

On Wednesday, police had searched the couple's Escondido apartment and found only furniture and their Marine uniforms left behind. There were no signs of foul play, police said.

McMahon was last seen Monday at Camp Pendleton, and Reid is missing from Miramar Marine Air Base, both near San Diego, Calif.

Police said Friday that it's possible the couple had left their military posts without authorization. Both were scheduled to go to Iraq later this year.

McMahon's family initially believed that McMahon and Reid, who were married in January, had voluntarily left together. However, family members became concerned for her safety after learning through phone calls between McMahon and her mother, and McMahon and two friends, that the young woman had argued with her husband.

Phone calls to McMahon's cell phone were going straight to voice mail. Family members said it was uncharacteristic for McMahon to be out of touch for so many days.

Saturday, McMahon's sister Kim McMahon said the ATM surveillance video has not changed her mind that something is suspicious about her sister's disappearance. Kim McMahon, 26, of Manorville, also was critical of the police for making it appear that her sister had run off to avoid going to Iraq.

"She wouldn't run away to avoid going there," said McMahon. "I don't know if she left on her own free will. But something's just not right."

When asked if, at this point in the investigation, the case appeared to be desertion, a source close to the investigation said: "It might be that. It might not be that. We just don't know yet."

The source said the couple apparently "drove like crazy" through the Midwest. Reid, 22, is listed on his MySpace page as being from Lafayette, La. He also said he had friends and family in North Carolina.

Reid's mother, Margaret Westervelt, of Archdale, N.C., said Friday, "Police [in California] told us not to answer questions, and we're not," the High Point (N.C.) Enterprise reported Saturday.

On Thursday, an investigator with the NCIS said the case was a "possible kidnapping."

But on Friday, Ed Buice, an NCIS spokesman in Washington, backed off calling the case a possible kidnapping, adding that police and NCIS investigators had found no evidence of foul play.

Buice said Saturday that he had no information about how NCIS would proceed with their investigation. The Marines have a separate agency that investigates unauthorized absences, he said.

So hopefully she is just trying to make her way home. 

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=13640.msg798544#msg798544 date=1207459873]
    So hopefully she is just trying to make her way home. 
    [/quote]

Could it be that they both went AWOL and just aren't very smart about it?  The article said she didn't look perturbed at all, and if he's a kidnapper, something tells me he'd be a bit smarter about not logging into myspace.

I would think if she had been kidnapped she would have attempted to call her parents, she obviously has access to money.

Sounds like AWOL to me. I'll never understand why people enlist in the service, during a war, if they are so afraid of being deployed. Maybe they are to embarrassed to call their families, or they think they are in bigger trouble than what they really are. I think they actually have to be AWOL for more than 30 days to face a discharge. At this point they could just return to base and get restriction, and extra duty, and probably forfeiture of pay for a couple months, maybe get some rank taken, if they have any. But I'm sure they'd still be allowed to remain in the service. Probably not what they want though. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Olivia

Someone logged into Maggie's myspace yesterday and Keyvn's today

From his myspace -

7 Apr 2008 07:21 PM

ATTENTION EVERYBODY UNDER THIS POST....THEY ARE TWO GROWN ASS INDIVIDUALS AND THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES...IF THEY WANT TO BE U THE FUCK A, IT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN...YOU WOULD DO YOURSELF A FAVOR BY NOT DRIVING YOURSELF NUTS OVER THIS AND MOVING ON....THEY WILL GET AT YOU WHEN THEY ARE READY

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13640.msg801633#msg801633 date=1207673422]

From his myspace -

ATTENTION EVERYBODY UNDER THIS POST....THEY ARE TWO GROWN ASS INDIVIDUALS AND THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES...IF THEY WANT TO BE U THE FUCK A, IT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN...YOU WOULD DO YOURSELF A FAVOR BY NOT DRIVING YOURSELF NUTS OVER THIS AND MOVING ON....THEY WILL GET AT YOU WHEN THEY ARE READY
    [/quote]
    :?  Unavailable?

When I turn my phone off for the night, I'm unavailable.  I don't think this is the same.  :roll:

"U the fuck A" means unavailable?
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13640.msg801633#msg801633 date=1207673422]

From his myspace -

[/quote]

Oh, well I'm sure Maggie's family can rest easy because of that comment.  :roll:
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information