Thread: Case of missing teen Bianca Piper is cold but open 4 years later

Case of missing teen Bianca Piper is cold but open 4 years later

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =348352569

This is one that has always bugged me. Bianca is mentally disabled and had anger issues. Her mother had apparently been advised by a doctor to take Bianca a ways from home and make her walk home when she was having a tantrum. Mom did this on this particular night and Bianca never came home.

I know this was out in the boonies and you would think it was safe, but this was a mentally disabled, really pissed off 13 y/o. I don't know if I would have been comfortable just dumping her off.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Re: Bianca Noel Piper, Missing since March 10, 2005

WTF was that doctor thinking?  I have a serious problem with his "logic" in thinking of that as a treatment for her "issues".  Dumbass.  And mom, WTF was SHE thinking...just dropping off her child in the middle of nowhere to find her way home.  Sounds like they're both a few fries short of a happy meal. 
    Your daughter's disabled, and you take the advice of a quack who says "go ahead and drop her somewhere a ways from home and let her get there herself."  Fucking retard.  Then there's mom:  who drops her daughter off AT NIGHT in who knows where.  Sorry, but she ought to be put in jail for child endangerment.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I know this article is a year old but the Michael Devlin link is interesting-

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=30959

Found this on a forum too but can't get link too work. Just a little bit of info on Bianca's mother-

06/28/2005

ST. LOUIS
    Mother of missing girl is charged with assault

The mother of a missing Lincoln County girl has been charged with domestic assault after police say she hit another daughter in the head with a curling iron and threatened to tie her up and lock her in a bedroom. The rest of the story can be found here:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D436D073C5778C8C8625702F0012EDBE?OpenDocument

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13637.msg1099225#msg1099225 date=1228076580]

Found this on a forum too but can't get link too work. Just a little bit of info on Bianca's mother-

06/28/2005

ST. LOUIS

The mother of a missing Lincoln County girl has been charged with domestic assault after police say she hit another daughter in the head with a curling iron and threatened to tie her up and lock her in a bedroom. The rest of the story can be found here:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D436D073C5778C8C8625702F0012EDBE?OpenDocument

[/quote]

Case Of Missing Missouri Girl Gets Fresh Look

Bianca's parents, Shannon Tanner and David Piper, are trying to contribute to the search in any way possible.

Police in Lincoln County, Missouri say they're taking a fresh look at the Bianca Piper case, two years after her disappearance.

After the recovery of Shawn Hornbeck and William "Ben" Ownby, police in the suburban St. Louis area are investigating other missing child cases to see if they may be connected. Police say they're investigating the possible involvement of Michael Devlin, the suspected kidnapper in the Ownby and Hornbeck cases, but don't consider him a suspect at this time.
    Bianca is a little girl with a big medical record. Police say the 13-year-old suffered from bipolar disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. They say her mood swings would often leave her very angry. Her therapists had always said walking off anger was beneficial for Bianca, and her family often took their doctors' advice, allowing the child to go on walks in her hometown of Foley, Missouri alone.
    So police say on March 10, 2005, when Bianca and her mother got into an argument over cleaning up the dinner dishes, Bianca went for a walk. Her mother says she dropped Bianca off about a mile from home with a flashlight, hoping the walk back would calm her daughter. But this time, Bianca did not return home.
    Bianca was last seen walking on McIntosh Hill Road wearing blue jeans, white sneakers, and a grey Adidas hooded sweatshirt. Her mental disorders reduce her social capacities to that of a 7-year-old, and require her to take medication daily. Without her medication she becomes incredibly disoriented and could have hallucinations.

Although there have been over 270 miles searched and 15,000 man hours dedicated to finding her, Bianca is still missing.
    The Search Yields No Evidence
    Bianca's case captured both national and local attention. The Lincoln County Sheriff's office searched the area around Bianca's home. They were assisted by Eureka Fire Protection District's Equine Search and Rescue Team, Lincoln County Fire and Rescue, St. Charles County Mobile Command, and Helicopters from the Missouri Highway Patrol and Airevac.
    The Lincoln County Sheriff's office organized a man-powered search using over 100 men on foot, police dogs, and helicopters to search the hills, woods, and gullies near Bianca's home. Simultaneously the department set up a series of check points for motorists on Bianca's long gravel road. Unfortunately no motorists caught a glimpse of Bianca.
    After the local search failed to turn up any evidence of Bianca's whereabouts, investigators broadened the search to include nearby caves, thinking she might retreat to a enclosed area due to Missouri's wintry weather.
    Although there have been over 270 miles searched and 15,000 man hours dedicated to finding her, Bianca is still missing. Authorities are still hoping that Bianca has not become the victim of foul play.

Case of missing teen Bianca Piper is cold but open 4 years later

Four years ago today, 13-year-old Bianca Piper disappeared after her mother drove her to a bridge on McIntosh Hill Road in Lincoln County and let her out of the car.

Her mother, Shannon Tanner, thought walking the mile back to their home on the gravel road would give Bianca a chance to calm down after a quarrel over chores.

The girl suffers from bipolar and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, and the walks were recommended by a mental health therapist, Tanner said.

After weeks of searching, police said they believed that Bianca was a victim of foul play. Since then the case has gone cold.

Lt. Andy Binder with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday that they still occasionally receive tips on the case. In addition, detectives review the case every quarter.

I covered this case when I was assigned to the police beat in the St. Charles bureau, and it really got to me. I drove up and down McIntosh Hill Road, and it is very remote. If you didn’t live in the area, you would have no idea the road was there.

It seems unlikely that a predator would have been driving there at the exact moment Bianca was dropped off. But what could have happened to her?

Police found no evidence of a struggle. She would be 17 years old now, and there have been no confirmed sightings.

Anyone with information should call the sheriff’s department at 636-528-89546. You can visit http://www.biancasbillboards.com for the latest on her case.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/chas-beat/uncategorized/2009/03/case-of-missing-teen-bianca-piper-is-cold-but-open-4-years-later/

Re: Case of missing teen Bianca Piper is cold but open 4 years later

I think there is a thread on Bianca here some where, i'm sure i have spoken to her mother before... off to look.

eta http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=13637.0

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

I remember the thread, and how i blasted both the mother and the therapist with regard to the way she was treated.  Who the hell lets their daughter out of the car AT NIGHT, MILES FROM HOME?  Who does that?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13637.msg1099225#msg1099225 date=1228076580]

06/28/2005

ST. LOUIS

[/quote]

i wonder if she ran away to get away from that kind of life.

[quote author=shattered images link=topic=13637.msg1232404#msg1232404 date=1238500355]

i wonder if she ran away to get away from that kind of life.
    [/quote]

If she did I can't imagine that ending well, either. She was mentally disabled and 13. Where could she go?

it probably didnt end well for the poor girl but at the time she was probably thinking anything was better then that. do you think maybe after the mom was arrested for assaulting the other daughter the police looked at her differently in the runaway status of her daughter?

[quote author=shattered images link=topic=13637.msg1233582#msg1233582 date=1238584301]
    it probably didnt end well for the poor girl but at the time she was probably thinking anything was better then that. do you think maybe after the mom was arrested for assaulting the other daughter the police looked at her differently in the runaway status of her daughter?
    [/quote]

I think they probably looked her over pretty good suspect-wise from the start.  Even if her story was true I think it makes her look horrible. If a body would turn up we might see some charges filed against mom.

mydeathspace

Someone reported this thread because they know the mother of the missing girl.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=13637.msg1483440#msg1483440 date=1261379127]
    Someone reported this thread because they know the mother of the missing girl.

[/quote]

Prolly cause the mom looks like a complete douchette in this thread.  :lol:

How did the thread title get changed? I'm confused.

mydeathspace

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13637.msg1483442#msg1483442 date=1261379384]
    Prolly cause the mom looks like a complete douchette in this thread.  :lol:

How did the thread title get changed? I'm confused.
    [/quote]

There were two threads and I merged.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=13637.msg1483443#msg1483443 date=1261379528]
    There were two threads and I merged.
    [/quote]

Oh okay. I looked at the thread title and I knew I had started this thread and I wondered if I was smoking crack or something when I did it. It didn't sound like me.

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13637.msg1217228#msg1217228 date=1237295419]
    I think there is a thread on Bianca here some where, i'm sure i have spoken to her mother before... off to look.

eta http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=13637.0
    [/quote]

You've spoken to her mother?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13637.msg1483444#msg1483444 date=1261379643]
    Oh okay. I looked at the thread title and I knew I had started this thread and I wondered if I was smoking crack or something when I did it. It didn't sound like me.
    [/quote]
    Stop smoking crack!!!

But sad story. I have wanted to leave Emily on the side of the road a few times. I have stopped the car many times and told her I was going to. But these stories are the reason I don't.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=13637.msg1483446#msg1483446 date=1261381068]

But sad story. I have wanted to leave Emily on the side of the road a few times. I have stopped the car many times and told her I was going to. But these stories are the reason I don't.
    [/quote]

The whole kicking them out of the car thing is supposed to be a threat...! How could that mother actually do it??? ugh
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=13637.msg1483445#msg1483445 date=1261380381]
    You've spoken to her mother?
    [/quote]

I am totally confused now because nothing rings a bell.

Mike did you delete any posts when you merged threads?

I'm not 100% but there was a missing girl whos mother had put something about mds and my username on to the missing girls myspace and then she and "a cousin" pm'd me a few times on here but theres nothing on the myspace now. (another mds member told me my name was on the ms, maybe they can remember.)
    Then there was another mother who sent me a message through another missing person board i use to go on about her daughter but she wasn't accusing me off being full of shit and just wanted to know if i knew her daughter etc.

Or maybe it was something else all together... sorry.

[quote author=GirlLoveWarrior link=topic=13637.msg1483690#msg1483690 date=1261419720]
    The whole kicking them out of the car thing is supposed to be a threat...! How could that mother actually do it??? ugh
    [/quote] my dad did this to me once. Kicked me out of the car about a mile from home. Ut my stubborn ass walked to the mall as intended. It was dark and snowing. I don't know how many miles it is, but it took me over 2 hours. I still can't believe I didn't die.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Thread Information