Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kelly Mack (29) killed when Ugg boot got stuck in railway crossing

Re: Kelly Mack (29) killed when Ugg boot got stuck in railway crossing

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=13556.msg879123#msg879123 date=1212620805]
        I still dont get it! He is being charged with her death because he told her to come on the other side of the tracks? I mean she made the decision after she was safe to cross the tracks.
    [/quote]What's been printed certainly seems to make the point that it was her own fault, or an accident.  But maybe there is information that hasn't been made public.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Let's not forget it's the UK. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474025/Burglar-dies-falling-floor-window-following-confrontation-homeowner.html

Burglar dies after falling from top-floor window following confrontation with homeowner

A homeowner was arrested after a burglar plunged from the balcony of his top-floor flat and later died in hospital.

The intruder suffered head injuries and died in hospital after falling around 30ft on to a concrete path.

Patrick Walsh, 56, awoke to find an intruder in his flat on Corkland Road in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, south Manchester.

The burglar fell from this third floor window

Police say "following an exchange of words" the 43-year-old suspect fell from the fourth floor window on to the pavement below.

He suffered massive injuries from the fall, at around 6.10am on Monday.

The man was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious head injuries before being transferred to Hope Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 11am today.

Police conducted a detailed forensic examination of the flat after the incident.

Walsh was arrested on suspicion of causing serious bodily harm and bailed until November pending further police inquirers.

Let's not forget it's the UK. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474025/Burglar-dies-falling-floor-window-following-confrontation-homeowner.html

Burglar dies after falling from top-floor window following confrontation with homeowner

A homeowner was arrested after a burglar plunged from the balcony of his top-floor flat and later died in hospital.

The intruder suffered head injuries and died in hospital after falling around 30ft on to a concrete path.

Patrick Walsh, 56, awoke to find an intruder in his flat on Corkland Road in Chorlton-cum-Hardy, south Manchester.

The burglar fell from this third floor window

Police say "following an exchange of words" the 43-year-old suspect fell from the fourth floor window on to the pavement below.

He suffered massive injuries from the fall, at around 6.10am on Monday.

The man was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious head injuries before being transferred to Hope Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 11am today.

Police conducted a detailed forensic examination of the flat after the incident.

Walsh was arrested on suspicion of causing serious bodily harm and bailed until November pending further police inquirers.

They only spoke to him tho, he was cleared. Anyone that has a person died on the property would be taken in.

http://www.southmanchesterreporter.co.uk/news/s/531587_burglar_who_raided_my_flat_didnt_deserve_to _die

Sorry to bump after so long, but saw this today - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2127265.ece

A WOMAN pulled to safety after getting her Ugg boot stuck in a level crossing was killed moments later when her boyfriend “dragged” her into the path of a train.
    Darren Palmer and his girlfriend Kelly Mack were dropped off by a taxi just minutes before the crossing barriers came down and red lights started sounding.

They ignored the warning signals and climbed down on to the tracks from a platform in their bid to get to the other side where they were due to catch their own train.

Palmer, 39, made it to the other side but mum-of-two Kelly, 29, got one of her boots stuck in the wooden slats of a cattle grid designed to keep animals off the rails.

Tragedy

A court heard today that a brave passer-by jumped down on to the tracks to pull Kelly to safety as a through train approached the station at speed.

But Palmer wanted her to join him on the other platform and ran back on to the tracks to grab hold of her arm, pulling her back across the train’s path.

Chelmsford Crown Court heard that he managed to jump clear seconds before the impact but Kelly took the full force of the collision and was killed instantly as onlookers screamed at them to move.

Prosecutor David Etherington QC said the crown’s case was that Palmer was directly to blame for the tragedy at Hythe station in Colchester, Essex, at 7.45pm on March 27 last year.

He told the court the couple, who were both “highly intoxicated”, arrived at the station more than ten minutes before their train home to Clacton-on-Sea was due.

Advertisement

Mr Etherington said: “Darren Palmer crossed the tracks and stood on the Clacton platform when the crossing barriers were down.

“He became frustrated that Kelly Mack didn’t join him and he lost his temper.

"As she had failed to come to him he went and grabbed her and dragged her across the tracks and into the path of the train."

Mr Etherington told a jury that moments before the fatal impact student Jonathan Freer-Smith, 18, had managed to free Kelly from the wooden slats.

He said: “He went on to the crossing to help Kelly and told her to leave her boot.

"He got her physically to the London side of the tracks, the safe side, as the danger was coming on the Clacton side.

“Had things stayed as they were this would have taken her out of the path of the train all together.

“But the defendant took exception to this and walked back across the rails and snatched her from Mr Freer-Smith’s grasp."

The court heard Kelly was three times the drink drive alcohol limit and was on a cocktail of methadone and four types of Valium drugs.

Palmer, who sat in the dock wearing a dark grey suit and lilac open necked shirt, denies a charge of manslaughter.

The trial, which is expected to last two weeks, continues today.

R.I.P Kelly
    ~*Cerenia*~

:2huh:
    damn! That would explain why the first articles were saying the boyfriend had a broken arm .. or leg/ whatever.

[quote author=lalizaa link=topic=13556.msg1149621#msg1149621 date=1231876048]
      :2huh:
    damn! That would explain why the first articles were saying the boyfriend had a broken arm .. or leg/ whatever.

[/quote]

I actually remember this. I didnt understand why he would be arrested. Now I see that he dragged her across the tracks...sad.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=13556.msg1149664#msg1149664 date=1231878372]

I actually remember this. I didnt understand why he would be arrested. Now I see that he dragged her across the tracks...sad.
    [/quote]

The whole thing makes a lot more sense now. Poor Kelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

might this be him?
    www.myspace.com/playtime37 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ged-train.html

A mother-of-two was dragged into the path of a train by her angry boyfriend seconds after another man had saved her when her foot was caught in a level crossing, a court heard yesterday. Kelly Mack's Ugg-style boot had become wedged in the side of a track before a passer-by pulled her to safety. But she was allegedly 'snatched' away by boyfriend Darren Palmer who 'lost his temper' as he rushed to catch another train from a nearby platform.

Death scene: Police at Hythe station where Kelly Mack was killed

Miss Mack, 29, was killed instantly by a train passing through Hythe Station in Colchester while Palmer, 39, managed to jump clear. David Etherington QC, prosecuting, yesterday described Palmer's actions as 'selfish and incredibly dangerous'. 'The prosecution case is that Darren Palmer dragged Kelly Mack across the railway tracks against her will to get to the opposite platform where they were going to catch a train to Clacton,' he said. 'The problem is the level crossing barriers were down and a train was due to come through.

Darren Palmer

Rescuer, Jonathan Freer-Smith

'The Crown's case is he ignored the shouts of those present warning of the train's imminent arrival. He acted with complete disregard to the obvious danger to which he was putting them both.' Chelmsford Crown Court heard the couple arrived at the station at 7.45pm in March last year and Palmer began crossing the tracks ahead of Miss Mack before her foot became caught. 'When she went to cross she caught her boot in between some of the wooden planks. There had been some arguments and shouting between them as to why she had not crossed the track,' Mr Etherington said.

The jury was told a member of the public, 18-year-old Jonathan Freer-Smith, rushed to help Miss Mack. Mr Etherington added: 'He went on to the crossing to help Kelly Mack. He told her to "leave the boot" and got her physically to the London side of the tracks, the safe side, as the danger was coming on the Clacton side. 'Indeed, had things stayed as they were, this would have taken her out of the path of the train altogether. 'The defendant took exception to this and walked back across and snatched her from Mr Freer-Smith's grasp and dragged her to the Clacton side and into the path of the train. He managed to jump clear of the train but she was killed when it hit her.'

The court heard Miss Mack was three times the drink-drive limit and was on a cocktail of methadone and four types of Valium-type drugs. Mr Etherington said Palmer may also have been intoxicated. Unemployed Palmer told police he thought the safety barriers were down because the train coming into the station was going to stop. He admitted he should never have tried to cross the tracks in the first place but said he did not see the train coming.

He insisted his girlfriend had stumbled and he helped her up and denied that Mr Freer-Smith had rescued her, saying: 'Kelly would never have gone with a stranger.' Mr Etherington added: 'You can be sure Darren Palmer lost his temper as she had failed to come to him. He dragged her across the track in the path of the train. The prosecution will prove it was Darren Palmer's unlawful act that cost Kelly her life and the risk of fatal collision was obvious.' Palmer denies manslaughter. The case continues.

Wow. I thought he'd get done for this??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/7907700.stm

I was blamed for Ugg boot death'

Darren Palmer's girlfriend Kelly Mack was hit by a train after her Ugg-style boot became trapped on a track. He was later cleared of her manslaughter.

He told the BBC Radio 5 Live's Victoria Derbyshire show of the pain of losing her - and then being accused of causing her death.

Crossing a rail track when a level crossing barrier was down was "the stupidest mistake of my life", says Darren Palmer.

The father-of-two was crossing with his partner Kelly Mack at Hythe station in Colchester in March last year.

They had both been drinking, Kelly more than Darren, and assumed trains would stop at the station despite the barrier being down, Darren says.

He crossed, thinking Kelly was following, when a train came "out of nowhere".

Witnesses said Kelly's soft boot became trapped in the track.

He says he helped her up and moved to safety, assuming she was behind him.

"I jumped out the way of the train - I always thought maybe my partner had jumped," he said.

He was told of her death while in hospital being treated for an injury to his knee.

"I collapsed. I just broke down," he said.

But worse was to come. A witness claimed he had seen Darren encouraging his 29-year-old girlfriend back into the path of the oncoming train. He was charged with manslaughter.

He spent 10 months on remand and earlier this month a jury cleared him of involvement in her death.

But despite that, he feels there is still a stigma attached to him for being charged with such a crime.

"It was shocking and Kelly would have been shocked."

It has been a year since he has seen his children with Kelly - the seven and 10-year-olds live with his partner's family.

He hopes to re-establish his "close" relationship with them but does not want to push them.

"They've been told I'm responsible for their mum's death. I don't want to upset them more.

"I want to tell them it was a tragic accident. But they're so young I don't know how it's going to affect them."

Darren and Kelly were together for 12 years. Darren, of Clacton, says they were very close: "We were best friends - together 24/7."

He says the worst thing is he did not get to grieve for her before he faced the trial.

"It was harsh. I'll never get over it," he said.

"I'm at fault for one thing, for crossing over. And I have to live with that for the rest of my life."

Last edited by blighted star; 05-23-2014 at 03:10 AM.

Thread Information