Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

It's been a while since I read the blog. Was the new information ever told?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Nothing really earth-shattering has been revealed recently. John Green kind of derailed things for a while, but he did manage to interview Maura's former coach or something like that. And Renner got an email from someone that was kind of interesting. Then it turned out he was lying. That blog attracts more crazies than Toni Ingram's. :)

Okay, that's what I think it was, was the email he kept dangling or something. I think I have everyone confused as to who they are. Is the blog Renner's and Green took over for a while? I forget. Actually, I think I never caught on. I should probably check it out to see what's up lately.

How was it found that Renner was lying about the new info?

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Okay, that's what I think it was, was the email he kept dangling or something. I think I have everyone confused as to who they are. Is the blog Renner's and Green took over for a while? I forget. Actually, I think I never caught on. I should probably check it out to see what's up lately.

How was it found that Renner was lying about the new info?
    The blog is Renner's. Green is a long-winded, know-it-all, easily-butt-hurt, serial commenter that also wrote a few blog entries for Renner a few months ago.

On the subject of the email/lie: Apparently, there is an evidence photo of some of Maura's belongings that pictures a gas station discount card. One of the blog readers looked up the card number online (obsessed much?) and found the email of some dude who registered the card. So Renner sends dude an email, and dude responds that Maura had stolen the card from him one time when he was at UMass. So then, Renner and his disciples have some chuckles about what a dirty thief Maura was. Shortly thereafter, dude admitted that he lied and that he had seen the card in the photo and logged on and registered it in his name/email. Does that make sense, lol?

I had never heard of this case until I saw this mds thread a few months ago, and I recently read most of Renner's blog. There are a lot of people who have been fixated on this case for a loooong time. And the people on the Topix thread are even more rabid and obsessed than the people on Renner's blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    The blog is Renner's. Green is a long-winded, know-it-all, easily-butt-hurt, serial commenter that also wrote a few blog entries for Renner a few months ago.

On the subject of the email/lie: Apparently, there is an evidence photo of some of Maura's belongings that pictures a gas station discount card. One of the blog readers looked up the card number online (obsessed much?) and found the email of some dude who registered the card. So Renner sends dude an email, and dude responds that Maura had stolen the card from him one time when he was at UMass. So then, Renner and his disciples have some chuckles about what a dirty thief Maura was. Shortly thereafter, dude admitted that he lied and that he had seen the card in the photo and logged on and registered it in his name/email. Does that make sense, lol?

I had never heard of this case until I saw this mds thread a few months ago, and I recently read most of Renner's blog. There are a lot of people who have been fixated on this case for a loooong time. And the people on the Topix thread are even more rabid and obsessed than the people on Renner's blog.
    So it was a blog commenter who registered the card? That's just fucking weird.

So it was a blog commenter who registered the card? That's just fucking weird.
    The guy who registered the card is some random guy named Richard who admits he is obsessed with the case. When one of Renner's followers got the idea to look up the card number online, he found Richard's email address and passed it on to Renner. Renner then contacted Richard, who made up the lie about why his email was associated with that card.

It's such a convoluted bunch of shit ... I knew I shouldn't have tried to explain it
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

The guy who registered the card is some random guy named Richard who admits he is obsessed with the case. When one of Renner's followers got the idea to look up the card number online, he found Richard's email address and passed it on to Renner. Renner then contacted Richard, who made up the lie about why his email was associated with that card.

It's such a convoluted bunch of shit ... I knew I shouldn't have tried to explain it
    I think some people just want to be associated with it because it makes them feel important. This guy though probably realized that he was about to be drawn into a huge mess of a case and probably thought better of his lie. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with anyone in this case. You know that you will be asked about it until the day you die or the day they solve it, whichever comes first. Plus, pretty much every person in her life has been looked at suspiciously so you know you have that to look forward to if you implant yourself into this case. No thank you!

No worries. I get it now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think some people just want to be associated with it because it makes them feel important. This guy though probably realized that he was about to be drawn into a huge mess of a case and probably thought better of his lie. I wouldn't want to be associated in any way with anyone in this case. You know that you will be asked about it until the day you die or the day they solve it, whichever comes first. Plus, pretty much every person in her life has been looked at suspiciously so you know you have that to look forward to if you implant yourself into this case. No thank you!
    If LE got a hold of this wouldn't it be obstruction of justice or something?

If LE got a hold of this wouldn't it be obstruction of justice or something?
    I would think if he had told LE the same story it definitely would be, but considering all the craziness that has come out on that blog, I bet they wouldn't even give it a second thought. In fact, I'm almost sure that level of craziness is required to participate on that blog!

I would think if he had told LE the same story it definitely would be, but considering all the craziness that has come out on that blog, I bet they wouldn't even give it a second thought. In fact, I'm almost sure that level of craziness is required to participate on that blog!

Oh shit! It's been a while since I've been on it. I know I was confused by all the characters when I read it, but it was still a good read. lol

Oh shit! It's been a while since I've been on it. I know I was confused by all the characters when I read it, but it was still a good read. lol
    This case fascinates the hell outta me! I guess that makes me one of the crazies too! I've only ever posted one or two comments on the blog though, so I think I am far down on the list of crazies. . The blog (historically) is a great source of information and good reading. Recently, in the last 6 months or so, it has derailed and gone downhill fast. John Greene's articles and some of the (seemingly) lack of fact checking before posting has caused me to kind of dismiss it. Every once in a while when I am bored I will look at it, but I no longer actively keep up with it like I used to. At one point I had high hopes of Renner breaking open the case. Now I think he's just being sensationalist.

This case fascinates the hell outta me! I guess that makes me one of the crazies too! I've only ever posted one or two comments on the blog though, so I think I am far down on the list of crazies. . The blog (historically) is a great source of information and good reading. Recently, in the last 6 months or so, it has derailed and gone downhill fast. John Greene's articles and some of the (seemingly) lack of fact checking before posting has caused me to kind of dismiss it. Every once in a while when I am bored I will look at it, but I no longer actively keep up with it like I used to. At one point I had high hopes of Renner breaking open the case. Now I think he's just being sensationalist.
    Absolutely this. I was bored the other night and didn't think to pop on the blog. I actually bookmarked it the last time it was linked and read a crap ton. I'm gonna hafta give it another go.

I agree that the blog is a great info source, and I also agree about the derailment. I think he's just running out of stuff to blog about. Every minute detail of the case has been hashed and rehashed for nearly a decade, so if he happens to have any new info, I'm sure he's saving it for the book. I was surprised that he bought the story from the gas card nutter guy. He should have known better!

FYI: That video that was posted of that old creeper dude laughing is still the most terrifying shit I've ever seen on the internet ever.

Ooooohhhh. Reading now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    Ooooohhhh. Reading now!
    Do come back and post your thoughts after reading. It's always nice to have another poster sucked into the discussion and mess that is the Maura Murray story and Renner's Blog. LOL!

There were some remains that were found in the search for another missing girl, and these have turned out not to be Maura's (as some suspected). However, on Renner's blog they are talking about pieces of bone fragments from a different body that were also found during the same search. These were found about 60 miles from where Maura went missing and appear to be old. The full body that was found was from someone that went missing in the last year or so, and they said the fragments were older when compared to that body.
    http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2013...r-abigail.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Thanks for the update!! This case just bothers me. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I think it's very likely that Maura's remains are out in the woods somewhere. I don't buy the "they would have found her by now" reasoning. People go missing in heavily wooded areas like that and their remains aren't found for years. It's very, very difficult to find someone in that kind of terrain. Check out the Mike Remmer case- his skull was finally found in the woods 20 YEARS after he disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I think it's very likely that Maura's remains are out in the woods somewhere. I don't buy the "they would have found her by now" reasoning. People go missing in heavily wooded areas like that and their remains aren't found for years. It's very, very difficult to find someone in that kind of terrain. Check out the Mike Remmer case- his skull was finally found in the woods 20 YEARS after he disappeared.
    I am not sure about this one. I agree with what you've said above, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to believe that she took off and started a new life.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am not sure about this one. I agree with what you've said above, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to believe that she took off and started a new life.
    I agree. I usually think the simplest explanation is the most likely. I think she probably got disoriented and wandered away, or thought she could make it on foot and got too cold. Especially if she was drunk or injured (or both). However, I can also buy that she may have went away and and started a new life somewhere else. This is one of the rare cases where there are too many explanations that make sense. And none of the available scenarios explain every variable.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I agree. I usually think the simplest explanation is the most likely. I think she probably got disoriented and wandered away, or thought she could make it on foot and got too cold. Especially if she was drunk or injured (or both). However, I can also buy that she may have went away and and started a new life somewhere else. This is one of the rare cases where there are too many explanations that make sense. And none of the available scenarios explain every variable.
    Like Ray Gricar or the McStays...almost every scenario is equally plausible-Murder, suicide, starting a new life.

Just wanted to pop in and see if there was any news on this case. Its always stuck with me for some reason.

About her starting a new life somewhere: Im not saying its impossible but I don't know, I just feel it would be very unlikely that a young girl with a bf, in college, etc. would just leave her life behind. And if she did, why? What would make a girl walk away from her family and friends? Again, nothing is impossible but ugh how frustrating! I cant imagine how her family and friends feel.

Sidenote: whats with crazies that want to be associated with a missing persons case?? I mean, Im intrigued by it but wtf, I don't need my name all up in the news about it. So strange.

Renner's blog has been updated a lot in the past week or two. http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/ Nothing earth-shattering, but kind of interesting. I can't decide if it is weird or normal, how many of Maura's family members seem to not want to talk to Renner.

i never saw this thread before but holy creep show. that guy laughing will haunt me for sure. makes my skin crawl.

this case is interesting and so sad. just today in my ab normal psych class my prof was telling us about a case he once worked on that involved human trafficking in numbers that were hard to believe. he said that in situations where someone goes missing if it's not just a local pedo/sex offender that it is quite common that people are taking into trafficking and sold as sex slaves or whatever kind of slave someone wants to purchase. i wonder if something like that could have happened here. hurts my heart to think that people do such things to other people.

Thread Information