Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Ahhhh, very good point. I have heard of people with eating disorders binging. It never crossed my mind. I haven't started reading the blog yet. It's been sitting open since my last post, but I haven't started reading it. lol
    Maura was asked to leave West Point over the credit card theft and some other violations of the honor code. Some speculate that even if she was about to get kicked out of the UMass nursing program over it too, as it caused her to be ineligible for their program if she had a conviction on her record. This is just one of the pieces of the puzzle for some of the people who think she either walked away from her life or committed suicide. There is also a hit and run that happened on campus right before she disappeared, that some want to connect to her even though the evidence is really not there. She and her boyfriend were both carrying on in secret relationships and several odd things happened right before she disappeared. Based on her internet searches, some people think it's possible she was pregnant when she disappeared. It's an odd case from the beginning to the end!

I do find it interesting that LE has not ever revealed the ATM photos they have of her from the afternoon she disappeared. They sealed them and refuse to discuss them. It's probably just protocol, but it makes me wonder if there was something about her appearance that was a 'clue' for them?!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Maura was asked to leave West Point over the credit card theft and some other violations of the honor code. Some speculate that even if she was about to get kicked out of the UMass nursing program over it too, as it caused her to be ineligible for their program if she had a conviction on her record. This is just one of the pieces of the puzzle for some of the people who think she either walked away from her life or committed suicide. There is also a hit and run that happened on campus right before she disappeared, that some want to connect to her even though the evidence is really not there. She and her boyfriend were both carrying on in secret relationships and several odd things happened right before she disappeared. Based on her internet searches, some people think it's possible she was pregnant when she disappeared. It's an odd case from the beginning to the end!

I do find it interesting that LE has not ever revealed the ATM photos they have of her from the afternoon she disappeared. They sealed them and refuse to discuss them. It's probably just protocol, but it makes me wonder if there was something about her appearance that was a 'clue' for them?!

Wow. I don't even remember the West Point thing or other honor code violations. It does make sense if she wanted to disappear. Things would be difficult for her to become a nurse if she has a criminal background. Not all crimes are used against a person, but it doesn't make things easy. I'm pretty sure a felony makes a person ineligible unless there is a review from the state board. She probably lost or was going to lose any type of financial aid for school, too. I kind of remember a strain on her relationship with the boyfriend and the hit and run. I don't remember the pregnancy thing. I still haven't read the blog. I got distracted and busy this afternoon. I would think LE would release the photos since so much time has gone by. No break in the case, nothing to lose, right?

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Kind of interesting things going on over on James Renner's Maura Blog. There is a guest poster (John Greene) posting and it seems he has received an interesting email slamming Maura, insinuating her friend knows more than she is saying. If you know the history of the case there is a guy they call Beagle who has taunted the Murray family and Renner over time and it's possible he is the source of the email. This case just gets stranger and stranger.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2013...ing-email.html

DANG! I keep forgetting about this story. I bookmarked a link from in here and forgot to go back to it. I never heard about anyone taunting the family or anything about the friend. This story has taken a very interesting turn.

Thanks for the update. Imma bookmark the blog.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

DANG! I keep forgetting about this story. I bookmarked a link from in here and forgot to go back to it. I never heard about anyone taunting the family or anything about the friend. This story has taken a very interesting turn.

Thanks for the update. Imma bookmark the blog.
    It's a doozy of a story with lots of strange happenings. The blog I mentioned earlier (http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/) has a recent timeline posted. It's a good starting place if you aren't familiar with the case. The guy that runs the blog is an author trying to write a book about the whole case, but I think he's uncovered a lot of things that make you go hmmm.....

I've read some of the blog today. This case has gone from 'wonder what happened?' to 'wtf is going on?' Many twists and turns. Thanks for bumping this thread again.

I've read some of the blog today. This case has gone from 'wonder what happened?' to 'wtf is going on?' Many twists and turns. Thanks for bumping this thread again.
    I had never heard of the case until like Thanksgiving of '08 or '09 when CNN was highlighting it. I had a long weekend off from work and hubby was on an assigned long trip, so I spent my holiday getting acquainted with the WTF that is the Maura Murray case. I found that blog shortly thereafter and have been loosely following it ever since. It totally fascinates me!

I would be interested in getting your opinion (murder, suicide, walkaway) after you get caught up on everything.

I had never heard of the case until like Thanksgiving of '08 or '09 when CNN was highlighting it. I had a long weekend off from work and hubby was on an assigned long trip, so I spent my holiday getting acquainted with the WTF that is the Maura Murray case. I found that blog shortly thereafter and have been loosely following it ever since. It totally fascinates me!

I would be interested in getting your opinion (murder, suicide, walkaway) after you get caught up on everything.
    I need to go back and watch the shows with the father. I remember not understanding some of the things the father was saying because it didn't make sense. I read a little bit of the blog last night before bed. I bookmarked it so I can read up on it. I would like to know more info from her friend and the track coach. I haven't read the whole blog, so there might be some information waiting for me.

I look forward to discussing our thoughts on it.

I was going to come here and let you all know there had been some interesting updates, like the email.

I originally thought she had wandered off and died of exposure, or possibly was abducted. I tend to think that the simplest explanation is usually the best. But having read the whole blog, I actually think there is a possibility that she may still be alive. I definitely think her father, sister, and friend know more than they are saying.

With all that said, I do think a lot of the little details that cast confusion on this case may just be red herrings. It's almost like there are too many details that don't fit, and too many possible scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I was going to come here and let you all know there had been some interesting updates, like the email.

I originally thought she had wandered off and died of exposure, or possibly was abducted. I tend to think that the simplest explanation is usually the best. But having read the whole blog, I actually think there is a possibility that she may still be alive. I definitely think her father, sister, and friend know more than they are saying.

With all that said, I do think a lot of the little details that cast confusion on this case may just be red herrings. It's almost like there are too many details that don't fit, and too many possible scenarios.
    This is how I was thinking. Like, with the things I found that didn't make sense in the TV programs I've seen. I just thought I wasn't paying enough attention to the show because I am known for that. After reading some of the blog, I'm realizing I was actually paying attention to the TV programs. I still haven't read enough to have an opinion. Right now I have no idea what to think.

Too bad one of the many crashes of MDS swallowed up the original thread. It had some pretty good links in it to the TV programs.

This whole thing is just too odd.

Your original thoughts are pretty much spot on to what I thought about the case. Now I am equally torn between an abduction and walkaway. I cannot believe that her friends would 'honor Fred's wishes' and say nothing to the media if they sincerely believed that she has possibly been abducted. So what if she may have some dirt in her past? If it helps to get her found, shout her entire history from the rooftops. That alone makes me seriously consider walkaway...and then all the other odd details really confuse the hell out of me! Of course, the strangeness of it all is what keeps me interested and what might allow her (or her body) to be found if she succumbed to the elements or was abducted.

This John Green guy who is posting now has kind of de-railed the blog, in my opinion. His posts are long and drawn out and involve lots of deductive reasoning, but in the end I'm not sure they accomplish much. It just seems like a bunch of distraction from the facts of the case. I also notice there have been no comments after the past couple of posts. Usually there are at least 30 every time the blog is updated. I tried to post a comment twice and neither one showed up. And where is Renner, the original owner and writer of the blog? I'm starting to think he has been hacked.

Ooh I am glad I found this thread. For some reason, I was always curious about this particular "missing persons" case. SO many weird instances that it just stuck out to me. Going to read the blogs mentioned.

I always remember the rag stuck in the tailpipe for some reason. That was a bizarre fact I cant figure out. And how the boyfriend supposedly received a call from Maura in which she was crying (if I remember correctly) Strange case.

Quote Originally Posted by meowzerz View Post
    Ooh I am glad I found this thread. For some reason, I was always curious about this particular "missing persons" case. SO many weird instances that it just stuck out to me. Going to read the blogs mentioned.

I always remember the rag stuck in the tailpipe for some reason. That was a bizarre fact I cant figure out. And how the boyfriend supposedly received a call from Maura in which she was crying (if I remember correctly) Strange case.
    I think the call the boyfriend received was verified as a phone call from Red Cross regarding something to do with his military service. So unrelated. Tailpipe thing? I still don't have a clue what that was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pywackett View Post
    I think the call the boyfriend received was verified as a phone call from Red Cross regarding something to do with his military service. So unrelated. Tailpipe thing? I still don't have a clue what that was all about.

I have heard that the phone call was verified as coming from the Red Cross and having something to do with his military service. A red rag was found in Maura's tailpipe at the scene. Her dad told the police that it was probably there because one of the cylinders on her car was 'missing' and he had told her to stick the rag up there as it would make it run better (which makes absolutely no sense). Some have speculated that she stopped at a nearby gas station and someone stuck the rag in the tailpipe in order to make her stall out.

This John Green guy who is posting now has kind of de-railed the blog, in my opinion. His posts are long and drawn out and involve lots of deductive reasoning, but in the end I'm not sure they accomplish much. It just seems like a bunch of distraction from the facts of the case. I also notice there have been no comments after the past couple of posts. Usually there are at least 30 every time the blog is updated. I tried to post a comment twice and neither one showed up. And where is Renner, the original owner and writer of the blog? I'm starting to think he has been hacked.

This John Greene guy has been posting comments for at least a year, but I agree that the blog seems to have been derailed. I wonder if Renner is off investigating something?

This John Greene guy has been posting comments for at least a year, but I agree that the blog seems to have been derailed. I wonder if Renner is off investigating something?
    It seems that John Greene is not allowing comments. Ugh. This blog isn't interesting or thought-provoking anymore. It's just kind of long-winded and boring. I hope Renner comes back SOON.

It seems that John Greene is not allowing comments. Ugh. This blog isn't interesting or thought-provoking anymore. It's just kind of long-winded and boring. I hope Renner comes back SOON.
    Well this is all just strange. I skimmed his last couple of long winded posts and didn't see anything, but did he say why he isn't allowing comments on the blog? It almost seems to me like he is trying to clean up things and turn off the lights, if you know what I mean. Renner did such a good job at laying out the facts while also promoting dialogue and possible leads. I feel like this other guy just wants a stage and a spotlight.

He seems to be posting on one of the linked blogs, for the little girl Amy? unless this other guy has access to all the blog profiles.

He seems to be posting on one of the linked blogs, for the little girl Amy? unless this other guy has access to all the blog profiles.
    That's case is his 'first love', the Amy Mihaljevic murder case. He wrote a book about it and he was trying to get some type of crowdfunding type thing going to put out a movie about it, but it failed. He used to run several blogs, all at once. I noticed he shut one down and I guess he has put the Maura Murray one on the backburner and is going back to the Amy one. I guess I should look at it...maybe there is some new information in the case.

I haven't had time to read up on the blog. I know I was confused with the John Green character. That's not his blog, right? He just keeps commenting? I should probably read through the whole thing before I start asking questions. I can probably answer them myself with reading.

I am intrigued with this case. Somethings fishy.

I tried to comment twice and neither one showed up. And notice that the last three or four entries have no comments. Either Greene is not allowing them, or they have to be approved by Renner first, and he is AWOL. We will see.

MorbidT, it takes a bit to scroll all the way back to the beginning of the blog, but it's worth it to read from the beginning. I was going to email Mr. Renner and ask him to put a link to the first page to make it easier for newbies, but then he disappeared. :)

Dirty is as dirty gets!

I think one of the questions is whether or not there was an accident. If I remember correctly, there wasn't any signs of an accident. I could be confused, though. There was a witness who saw her walking and they asked her if she needed a ride and she declined. I think it's possible she wandered into the woods and died. I think there was alcohol found in her car, so it's possibly she was blitzed and took off in the woods. Maybe she needed to use the bathroom and pulled over? I dunno, but it's a very confusing and interesting story.

I don't understand the father, either. Wasn't he begging for help previously? I was thinking he came back to the scene every weekend to walk and search and ended up moving closer so he could spend even more time searching. Now he wants to be evasive? It doesn't add up.
    I know this was posted a while ago, but just to clear things up....there were definite signs of an accident. From what I've read, the front was smashed, 2 airbags were deployed, and they even said she had hit her head based on the cracked windshield. I am very curious to know what happened to her. I haven't read the blog yet, but will try to read some of it today.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I haven't had time to read up on the blog. I know I was confused with the John Green character. That's not his blog, right? He just keeps commenting? I should probably read through the whole thing before I start asking questions. I can probably answer them myself with reading.

I am intrigued with this case. Somethings fishy.
    This John Green guy was just another reader/commenter for the last couple of years. Now all of a sudden he is like guest hosting the blog or something and who knows where Renner is. Green is some kind of lawyer that is on hiatus or something from his job. I think he just wants to take over or something. His posts are not interesting/awesome like Renner's were and now that he is on the blog it seems almost like he wants to exclude most people from the discussion and do things his way in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I know this was posted a while ago, but just to clear things up....there were definite signs of an accident. From what I've read, the front was smashed, 2 airbags were deployed, and they even said she had hit her head based on the cracked windshield. I am very curious to know what happened to her. I haven't read the blog yet, but will try to read some of it today.
    Some people think that the accident wasn't bad enough to leave the type of damage that was on the car. Therefore, they think that either the damage was staged, or that she had another wreck somewhere else. Green wrote an entry about this subject in the last week or so.

I tried to comment twice and neither one showed up. And notice that the last three or four entries have no comments. Either Greene is not allowing them, or they have to be approved by Renner first, and he is AWOL. We will see.
    I have commented on the blog before and you are correct, someone does have to approve the comments before they are posted. Comments were being posted after Green started writing the entries though...so either someone has closed comments down or they just aren't bothering to approve them.

I just friend requested James Renner on FB. I am going to send him a message asking about the blog.

Thread Information