Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

Out of all the missing persons cases, this one has always had me strangely fascinated. Crazy shit.

There's been some activity on this blog. Seems like the author believes Fred Murray had something to do with Maura's disappearance.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com

I thought I was going to come in here and see they finally found her skeletal remains.

I haven't read through the whole blog yet, but I've already read some interesting points. The blogger is asking questions I've had, but I just thought I had a comprehension fail. I saw the special on TV, not sure what program it was. A few things didn't make sense, but I just figured I was doing something and missed the point.

Anyway, things could get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    There's been some activity on this blog. Seems like the author believes Fred Murray had something to do with Maura's disappearance.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com
    Wow. I got lost in there for a minute. I guess I never considered all the possibilities. And why is the father so evasive and defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I thought I was going to come in here and see they finally found her skeletal remains.

I haven't read through the whole blog yet, but I've already read some interesting points. The blogger is asking questions I've had, but I just thought I had a comprehension fail. I saw the special on TV, not sure what program it was. A few things didn't make sense, but I just figured I was doing something and missed the point.

Anyway, things could get interesting.
    Was the special you watched the Disappeared episode about Maura? If so, it seemed very contrived to me!

This is one of the missing persons cases that I am very fascinated with (the other is D.A. Ray Gricar). I have never seen the family of a missing person act so reluctant to give out information. I've been following Renner's blog from the beginning, and the majority of people on there think that she disappeared of her own free will. I personally have mixed feelings concerning what I think happened to her. The 'official investigation' has left more questions than answers in my opinion-I'm glad that Renner is working to uncover some more of what truly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Was the special you watched the Disappeared episode about Maura? If so, it seemed very contrived to me!

This is one of the missing persons cases that I am very fascinated with (the other is D.A. Ray Gricar). I have never seen the family of a missing person act so reluctant to give out information. I've been following Renner's blog from the beginning, and the majority of people on there think that she disappeared of her own free will. I personally have mixed feelings concerning what I think happened to her. The 'official investigation' has left more questions than answers in my opinion-I'm glad that Renner is working to uncover some more of what truly happened.

I'm not sure if it was Disappeared or one of the other forensic type shows. I remember thinking the whole car situation was weird. The car accident, going to her dad's hotel room, how she got home, those types of questions. It's been so long since I've read or watched anything regarding it, this is the only things I can think of right now. I'd like to watch it again to point out all of my questions.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Can't believe I've never heard of this case before. Really fascinating. Do you all think she was leaving to commit suicide, or to run away? Or maybe to meet someone (other than her boyfriend) for a few days?

That's just so weird that she would have two accidents within a few days of each other. Was their any indication of rear-end damage to her car, like someone may have ran her off the road? I looked at the police report but I can't find where it lists the vehicle damage.

Off to check out the investigative blog now...

I don't think the car had any damage to it when it was found. Unfortunately, a ton of info has been lost. This thread use to be many pages long. If I remember correctly, it sounds like she may have been having some kind of break. She lied to her nursing instructor about needing to miss class due to a death in the family. I think she left work early, too. I also think she had reservations at a cabin, or something, her family had rented before. Or, maybe they thought she did.

I think she might have been wanting to get away for a hot second. I'm not sure I believe she wanted to commit suicide or permanently run away. I need to try to find the Disappeared episode and refresh myself.

I don't think the car had any damage to it when it was found. Unfortunately, a ton of info has been lost. This thread use to be many pages long. If I remember correctly, it sounds like she may have been having some kind of break. She lied to her nursing instructor about needing to miss class due to a death in the family. I think she left work early, too. I also think she had reservations at a cabin, or something, her family had rented before. Or, maybe they thought she did.
    I think she might have been wanting to get away for a hot second. I'm not sure I believe she wanted to commit suicide or permanently run away. I need to try to find the Disappeared episode and refresh myself.
    I think she may have called a hotel/cabin reservation hotline in the days before she vanished. I think she also contacted the owner of a place they had rented in the past, but didnt leave a message. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I think she may have called a hotel/cabin reservation hotline in the days before she vanished. I think she also contacted the owner of a place they had rented in the past, but didnt leave a message. Could be wrong though.
    Nope, you're right. I remember now you mention it.

DP

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    DP
    I knew you were a dirty girl. And I like it.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I'm wondering if, after the accident, she wandered away into the woods and eventually froze to death. I disagree that if she was in the woods, they would have found her body eventually. It can take years to find someone in a dense forest. Especially after their remains are scattered by animals.

Gotta go read more of that blog. I know what I'll be doing today!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I'm wondering if, after the accident, she wandered away into the woods and eventually froze to death. I disagree that if she was in the woods, they would have found her body eventually. It can take years to find someone in a dense forest. Especially after their remains are scattered by animals.

I always wondered this too, and if you add snow to the story it complicates matters immensely. But why, then, is the father so goddamn evasive? I truly don't get some people.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I knew you were a dirty girl. And I like it.

Dirty is as dirty gets!

I think one of the questions is whether or not there was an accident. If I remember correctly, there wasn't any signs of an accident. I could be confused, though. There was a witness who saw her walking and they asked her if she needed a ride and she declined. I think it's possible she wandered into the woods and died. I think there was alcohol found in her car, so it's possibly she was blitzed and took off in the woods. Maybe she needed to use the bathroom and pulled over? I dunno, but it's a very confusing and interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I always wondered this too, and if you add snow to the story it complicates matters immensely. But why, then, is the father so goddamn evasive? I truly don't get some people.
    I don't understand the father, either. Wasn't he begging for help previously? I was thinking he came back to the scene every weekend to walk and search and ended up moving closer so he could spend even more time searching. Now he wants to be evasive? It doesn't add up.

Dirty is as dirty gets!

I think one of the questions is whether or not there was an accident. If I remember correctly, there wasn't any signs of an accident. I could be confused, though. There was a witness who saw her walking and they asked her if she needed a ride and she declined. I think it's possible she wandered into the woods and died. I think there was alcohol found in her car, so it's possibly she was blitzed and took off in the woods.
    She told them not to call the cops because she had already called AAA. Maybe she didn't want the cops to show up because she had been drinking. So far, I can't find if the box of wine in her car was open or not.

This reminds me a lot of the Patricia Meehan case that was on Unsolved Mysteries. Patricia had been depressed, and possibly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. She got in a car accident in a remote area of Montana and wandered off. No one knows what happened to her, though some claim to have seen her hitchhiking. Eyewitness sightings are notoriously unreliable, unfortunately.

She told them not to call the cops because she had already called AAA. Maybe she didn't want the cops to show up because she had been drinking. So far, I can't find if the box of wine in her car was open or not.

This reminds me a lot of the Patricia Meehan case that was on Unsolved Mysteries. Patricia had been depressed, and possibly on the verge of a nervous breakdown. She got in a car accident in a remote area of Montana and wandered off. No one knows what happened to her, though some claim to have seen her hitchhiking. Eyewitness sightings are notoriously unreliable, unfortunately.

This is so very true.

I remember the discussion about the box of wine, but I can't remember what way it went. It's too bad this thread was lost in one of the crashes. There was a lot of information in it.

The bus driver who was first on the scene (and also lived across the street) said this, but he also said that he knew it wasn't true because they didn't get cell service in the area. He later moved to Fl and has since died. I think he was looked at pretty closely as a suspect for awhile and then they said that they cleared him.

OK, that blog has some interesting info (assuming it's all true), but that guy makes some real weird leaps in logic. Like, "I think Maura was going to VT to meet someone. That person has never been accounted for. So I think they're responsible for her disappearance." Or "Maura stole a credit card and bought a bunch of pizzas. She must have been desperate for food." ???

And don't get me started on the comments....good grief.

I haven't read the blog. Maybe I should. I've just watched the TV shows that have showcased this case.

She really did steal a credit card and bought a bunch of pizzas? That's weird.

I haven't read the blog. Maybe I should. I've just watched the TV shows that have showcased this case.

Actually, if she had an eating disorder, like bulimia, it really isn't. Many young women will steal to support the habit so that others won't find out. That's the vibe I get when I hear about that. It might have been addressed on the blog, too.

Actually, if she had an eating disorder, like bulimia, it really isn't. Many young women will steal to support the habit so that others won't find out. That's the vibe I get when I hear about that. It might have been addressed on the blog, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post

Ahhhh, very good point. I have heard of people with eating disorders binging. It never crossed my mind. I haven't started reading the blog yet. It's been sitting open since my last post, but I haven't started reading it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post

Ahhhh, very good point. I have heard of people with eating disorders binging. It never crossed my mind. I haven't started reading the blog yet. It's been sitting open since my last post, but I haven't started reading it. lol

OK, that blog has some interesting info (assuming it's all true), but that guy makes some real weird leaps in logic. Like, "I think Maura was going to VT to meet someone. That person has never been accounted for. So I think they're responsible for her disappearance." Or "Maura stole a credit card and bought a bunch of pizzas. She must have been desperate for food." ???

And don't get me started on the comments....good grief.
    The credit card theft is well documented. She was arrested for it. She was having pizzas delivered to her dorm and based on questioning Law Enforcement figured out that she did it when she was all alone. I don't think that's a reach to think there was some kind of issue going on. Bulimia has been mentioned, and based on people I've known that had it, that makes sense. Bulimics often eat in secret because they are ashamed.

Thread Information