Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    What kind of cunt would you have to be to refuse a missing person's family permission to search your land. I'd get it if it was a small suburban block & they expected to traipse through your home & yard intrusively & repeatedly, but denying a never before performed search like this one is really fucked up.
    I can't even begin to tell you the threats I've received when I have mentioned in forums or facebook pages that I wanted to walk the area. The property owners and townspeople told me they would shoot anyone on their land. It's wild. Good Facebook reads. I hope you can't ID me on there because i was definitely an asshole in the forum, especially after that.. The property owners refused to let Fred and Curt on the property. Maura's father and brother.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    What kind of cunt would you have to be to refuse a missing person's family permission to search your land. I'd get it if it was a small suburban block & they expected to traipse through your home & yard intrusively & repeatedly, but denying a never before performed search like this one is really fucked up.
    Right?

Also if there was even a slight possibility that there was a body on my property, I'd want to know. Like seriously, do not want.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Posted by Renner so...you know. But apparently a therapist made a post on reddit claiming to have seen Maura a few times but deleted it/their account.
    Sorry it's huge

(there's a second image that just says they wont go to the police about it because she left on her own)
    https://twitter.com/JamesRenner/stat...70118060621825

Here's the post on reddit, but you can only see the comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/mauramurray...a_was_briefly/
    They replied to a few comments but nothing good.

Some comments from Renner: "Why are you downvoting this post? I'd like to hear more before we rule this out." then a day later "I'm with you guys that this was probably not true, but on the off chance it was, you shamed this person into going silent again, so, I guess... go Reddit?"

Best comment: "Did Brian Williams from MSNBC write this post? ;-)" and someone replied that Renner did...which is kinda my thought.

More than likely not true...but an updateish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

The psychotherapist won't disclose her reasons for seeking treatment because it's private but will freely admit that her patient was Maura, a patient who confided she was in hiding?

Baloney. The only question is who was posing as the therapist? Renner? The father? MAURA HERSELF?!
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

Horse feathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    The psychotherapist won't disclose her reasons for seeking treatment because it's private but will freely admit that her patient was Maura, a patient who confided she was in hiding?

Baloney. The only question is who was posing as the therapist? Renner? The father? MAURA HERSELF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Horse feathers.
    Exactly! This case is like a bad high school play at this point.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Well, if she is alive and that's true, then I'm sure she'll be like "WELL, FUCK. Can't even trust a goddamn therapist."

And seriously, dude, you waited all this fucking time?

I hope, if she is alive, that she remains as hidden and anonymous as she wants to be.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post

The reason for her doing it was because of her boyfriend...it screams Renner. Every couple years when things die down he magically pulls something out of his ass to get people talking again.

I mean...I guess it worked lol

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    The reason for her doing it was because of her boyfriend...it screams Renner. Every couple years when things die down he magically pulls something out of his ass to get people talking again.

I mean...I guess it worked lol
    God he's an idiot. On the reddit thread he's all, "hey now lets give this person a chance" and of course, he's the only one. I haven't followed his theories in awhile, is he still blaming the boyfriend or the father?

No one in the history of reddit has ever made up a story to post. How dare any of you doubt the authenticity of this total bullshit!

the guy in the video had nothing to do with her missing hes just s??ķ playing a cold hoax but this is what I wonder maby when she said she had to leave because of a death in the family she ment hers maby when she called her bf crying she just wanted to hear him one last time thats why she mabey didn't say anything shedid take alcohol with her when she crashed the car and the guy thought he saw her walking mabey she comited suicide and didn't want to be found theres lots of places to go in the bush maby a cave or something if you didn't want to be found

There are some interesting things going on with Maura's old boyfriend, Bill Rausch. I know many don't like Renner, he's not my favorite person either, but he has complied the links to the recent court cases and such concerning Bill. It's just easier to link his site, and then you can go from there to see the court documents and other stuff.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

Bill posted this on reddit and answered some questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...on_what_would/

In recognition of Maura Murray?s 38th bday this week, I spoke briefly with u/Guerrilla_Ontologist from #107degrees podcast and shared my thoughts on Julie?s interview with r/TrueCrimeGarage, some of my favorite memories of Maura, and how I found out she disappeared.

Listen here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000473727092

For those who may not know, I was Maura?s boyfriend when she disappeared and I?d like to thank those interested in Maura?s case, the folks who raise awareness of who Maura really was, and the volunteers who help the Murray family each and everyday to find her and bring her home.

Maura?s family launched a new website this week, a tribute to Maura and a resource for those who are interested in the case. Please visit the website at www.mauramurraymissing.org and let?s #FindMaura!

Renner also commented:
    While I think it's valuable that Bill Rausch is finally speaking out about his missing girlfriend, there are a few things this community should also be aware of:

- Bill is currently awaiting trial for sex assault in D.C. Six women have come forward alleging everything from harassment to rape. Two claim he choked them and called them "Maura." You can hear his victims in their own words here.

- Bill has used fake reddit accounts for years to steer the narrative of his girlfriend's disappearance.

- His girlfriend was awarded a protection order in November. She claimed he beat her up for years, once at an Army base in Germany. The judge found in her favor and sentenced Bill to pay for her security system and attend over 20 domestic violence classes.

- He remains a suspect in Maura's disappearance.

-The D.C. City Paper covered the case here.

Edit: Thank you for the award. Here's a link for anyone out there reading this who is contemplating an escape from a violent relationship. Be safe.

I'm surprised Bill Rausch's website makes only a passing mention of West Point and doesn't mention his military career at all. Ring Knockers are pretty forthcoming about the affiliation. On the Maura Murray link, he does say he was a 1st Lieutenant at Fort Sill when she went missing. Don't know when he left active duty, but he has continued to work for/with the military. Here's the website:

http://www.billrausch.net/

I have zero confidence in Renner's credibility to begin with. He managed to make the Maura Murray case about him. The book he promised would reveal the truth never materialized and was replaced with a book about..... him and his obsession with the case! And this article does make it appear that in addition to Fred, Renner has it out for Rausch as well.

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...abuse-incident

Rausch was stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma on the night Murray disappeared and has adamantly denied any involvement. He?s said on Twitter that he was granted leave to search for Murray after he found out she?d gone missing. Yet Renner has held onto his own unproven theory that eliminates Rausch?s alibi, which he has written about on his blog.

Renner says multiple women who?ve read the blog and heard him speak about the case on a podcast contacted him to describe Rausch?s erratic and at times violent behavior. City Paper has not independently confirmed those accounts, but upon hearing stories of Rausch?s alleged behavior with other women from Renner, Pattison says she felt a responsibility to report her incident to the police again.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I actually spoke to him through DMs. He was respectful and I didn't push him for information. Just invited him to our group. He did answer a question on the post he made on the official group and again was respectful.

I've never once thought he was involved in her disappearance. Maybe a shit human, but not involved with Maura being gone. It's really far fetched to think that he had the ability and means to since his alibi is rock solid. After crazy people tried to make their square peg fit in to a round hole, they claimed that he did her in days after she went missing when he was allowed to help search. Yeah. Okay......

As for the rest of the shit he's accused of? I don't know because I wasn't there. Am I skeptical because this was brought to light through Renner? Yes. Do I still think that some of it (if not all if it) could be true? Yes. Did he "kill Maura". Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

They've discovered bone fragments not far from where Maura went missing. Who knows, but it could be connected. This is a press release from the family at the link:

https://www.mauramurraymissing.org/n...-fragment.html

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They've discovered bone fragments not far from where Maura went missing. Who knows, but it could be connected. This is a press release from the family at the link:

https://www.mauramurraymissing.org/n...-fragment.html
    I always side-eye when I hear something was found not far from where the person went missing. Like, if it turns out to be her, how good were the searches?

Seems like this was a big case, so I'm leaning more towards it's probably bones from after she went missing (and after searchers were conducted). I really hope this family gets closure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I dont think its her. That area has been searched a billion times.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I always side-eye when I hear something was found not far from where the person went missing. Like, if it turns out to be her, how good were the searches?

Seems like this was a big case, so I'm leaning more towards it's probably bones from after she went missing (and after searchers were conducted). I really hope this family gets closure, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I dont think its her. That area has been searched a billion times.
    The area is HUGE and remote so I could see it being missed easily. It's all forest and mountains and there's no way you could cover all of the ground. It's very possible that it could be her because there was attention being paid to three men that worked at Loon Mountain that never showed up to work the night she went missing. I never latched on to that theory because I always believed that she ran off and died in the elements. However, it's very possible that she hitched a ride with them. I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that they were spotted that night together in a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The area is HUGE and remote so I could see it being missed easily. It's all forest and mountains and there's no way you could cover all of the ground. It's very possible that it could be her because there was attention being paid to three men that worked at Loon Mountain that never showed up to work the night she went missing. I never latched on to that theory because I always believed that she ran off and died in the elements. However, it's very possible that she hitched a ride with them. I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that they were spotted that night together in a truck.
    Also could've been she was buried and some animal recently dug up her bones. Who knows. I am keeping an eye on this update!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Not much more info but it dives just a little bit deeper than the family announcement:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...loon-mountain/

Murray’s sister Julie said they’ve known about the discovery for a little more than a week, adding that the bones were found at a construction site “on Loon Mountain.”
    This is one of my pet cases. I hope it's finally solved.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Not much more info but it dives just a little bit deeper than the family announcement:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...loon-mountain/

This is one of my pet cases. I hope it's finally solved.
    Same, as you know. They've discovered remains before not far away and I've never put much faith in it, however this does feel different this time. Maybe because of the people that worked there being questioned. It's a gut feeling.

The only thing that sucks if this is her, is that we still will never know what happened to her. Fragments don't tell you much about if she died from exposure or was killed and if so who's responsible.

I don't have a source for this, but read it in a thread. Apparently there is construction happening at Loon Mountain near the char lifts which is where the bone fragments were found. The speculation is that it's possible that the remains were within gravel and fill that had been trucked in for the construction. This makes sense if they were found by a chair lift. It's not like anyone would bury/ leave her in the winter beside a spot where thousands of skiers would be. I pictured it being a more remote part of the mountain.

Sounds like some poor person was killed and thrown in to a gravel pit and just eventually ended up at a construction site.

Oh! And the three guys I mentioned earlier in the thread were three brothers that would have traveled that route on the way to work, but didn't show up to work the night of her disappearance. I suppose it's still a possibility that they could have been involved somehow. It's just not likely that these fragments are her.

I heard on the FB page that a note was found that said I'm cold, I'm scared, I tried to build a fire. They are going to try and match it to Maura's handwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    I heard on the FB page that a note was found that said I'm cold, I'm scared, I tried to build a fire. They are going to try and match it to Maura's handwriting.
    was this coming from James Renner ?

Thread Information