Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Fred Murray is so creepy.

Maura picked up the accident report forms from the Hadley crash and was going to go over them with her father the night she disappeared. Two copies were left behind in the Saturn.
    "She was supposed to call me at 8 that night so I could help her go over them on the phone. She did pick up the accident reports. She had every intention of calling me," Murray said. Murray doesn't believe his daughter could have been pregnant. "No, she was on birth control pills," he said.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com.au/2...or-mauras.html
    Could just be more damage control, especially if he financed her abortion.

But apparently the average abortion costs just under $500, not anywhere near $4K. So either she lied and told him that's what they cost, or there were long-term plans for that money. As in, fresh start.

The MDS cynic in me always thought Maura had something on Fred, evidence of sexual abuse or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Could just be more damage control, especially if he financed her abortion.

But apparently the average abortion costs just under $500, not anywhere near $4K. So either she lied and told him that's what they cost, or there were long-term plans for that money. As in, fresh start.

The MDS cynic in me always thought Maura had something on Fred, evidence of sexual abuse or whatever.
    I would have thought so too, but James Renner said his upcoming 'bombshell' has nothing to do with her family. And it was so significant that he is re-writing parts of his book? I believe he leaned towards her doing a runner and being alive, but after whatever new information he has, he says he is 60% sure she was murdered.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I would have thought so too, but James Renner said his upcoming 'bombshell' has nothing to do with her family. And it was so significant that he is re-writing parts of his book? I believe he leaned towards her doing a runner and being alive, but after whatever new information he has, he says he is 60% sure she was murdered.

100% sure she's dead and only 60% sure she's been murdered because dying from exposure isn't juicy enough for a book
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    [/B]

100% sure she's dead and only 60% sure she's been murdered because dying from exposure isn't juicy enough for a book
    Yeah, as awful as this sounds, it would suck to pretty much devote years of obsession with this case only to have exposure as the COD. This guy is just...

Like when he was talking about having "date night" with his wife on vacation and then decides to drag her to a psychic so he can ask the lady about Maura.

...but who am I kidding, I'll probably buy the book if it's under $10.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

So now Renner says he is not publishing the big bombshell today (and not sure when/if) and the information has been given to police and they haven't even begun to investigate the people involved. He claims that he thinks he knows now why Maura was in the White Mountains...and that's about all he said. Sigh.

Lame. Such a drama llama.

Lame. Such a drama llama.
    Seriously. And I can't understand why more people don't see that. It's as if his word is the word of God. I got chastised a couple of times for saying it in the FB group

That psychic episode WAS annoying. The most recent one was creeeepy.
    I was really hoping Renner would post the info he supposedly had, but I'm totally not surprised he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sue_vicious View Post
    That psychic episode WAS annoying. The most recent one was creeeepy.
    I was really hoping Renner would post the info he supposedly had, but I'm totally not surprised he didn't.
    I'm starting to be a bit skeptical about these guys. It wouldn't surprise me if this last episode was a stunt, like they're taking a page from Renner's OH THE DRAMA book. The more I think about it, the more pointless the podcast seems alongside a documentary. If they make some shocking discovery and include it in the podcast, why would anyone bother watching the thing?

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone (these guys, Renner) are just feeding each other crap to throw the other off.

I'm convinced that Renner is going off the deep end. Between him deleting posts on the regular, contradicting himself and being sexist and defensive with his latest blog posts, he's on his way to loony tune town. He's not quitr there yet, but he's standing on the platform holding a ticket for the next train.

Seriously. And I can't understand why more people don't see that. It's as if his word is the word of God. I got chastised a couple of times for saying it in the FB group
    I don't get it either?
    He's just another person with an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I don't get it either?
    He's just another person with an opinion.
    IKR?

All of those involved seem to be off these days. Lance and Tim from the podcast seem either like they're confused or drumming up drama to intrigue listeners, John Smith and Renner both seem so set in their own theories that they refuse to entertain any other opinions or possibilities.

I personally try to keep an open mind. Anything is possible at this point and at least listen to what people have to say even if it seems crazy or intentionally trying to throw you off. Then deduce reasonably from there.

Has anyone been on the blog lately? There are a ton of new posts, and all kinds of interesting things. In the past month Renner has gone from saying he definitely thinks she was murdered, to saying that he is convinced she was pregnant and fled and is living a new life somewhere else (Canada?).

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Has anyone been on the blog lately? There are a ton of new posts, and all kinds of interesting things. In the past month Renner has gone from saying he definitely thinks she was murdered, to saying that he is convinced she was pregnant and fled and is living a new life somewhere else (Canada?).
    I keep track of it. He's also deleting posts and flip flopping and I pretty much think he's filling time until the book releases. He lost credibility with me.

I keep track of it. He's also deleting posts and flip flopping and I pretty much think he's filling time until the book releases. He lost credibility with me.
    Yeah, this. He's changed his mind so often, that I can't take his opinion seriously. The regurgitating of stuff to try and keep the blog active is also annoying. When he first started the blog and people wanted to accuse him of just trying to make money off of other people's pain, as a writer myself I really wanted to defend him for having every right to make a living off of his craft, and even though true crime is unfortunately a sticky genre, it's important for these stories to be told, especially when the person involved is still missing or the case is unsolved. I believed his intentions were more about finding her than they were about selling a book. I'm not so sure about that now. Money to be made from it aside, I think the attention and being labelled the person who solved it/significantly contributed to solving it is probably more important than actually finding Maura.

Just listened to the last podcast, pure agony. They had Cold N. Holefield yammering on and on about trolls and his own damn name for nearly an hour before they even touched on the case. Self-important rambling, ugh.

I've scanned the net enough to know that no one has ever questioned whether Maura's cellphone pinged after she went missing around 7:45 pm. That is beyond absurd. Renner did say (in a recent podcast) that someone from NH tried to call Maura around the time of her disappearance. None of the three guys involved in the podcast mentioned trying to track the cellphone.

She took her phone, debit, and credit cards.

Renner's book dropped last week, if anyone cares.

https://www.amazon.com/True-Crime-Ad...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

On a side note, I was skimming through his blog because I haven't read it in awhile and, for whatever reason, I can't seem to quit it. Anyway, I found this hilarious post where someone made a watercolor painting of Maura's mugshot "to make it less creepy." I think they failed.
    http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2015...ra-murray.html

No updates-I just wanted to point out that yesterday was the 13 anniversary of her disappearance.

Edited to add, I just looked at Renner's page for the first time in a very long time, and he locked his blog as an archive yesterday.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-10-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    No updates-I just wanted to point out that yesterday was the 13 anniversary of her disappearance.

Edited to add, I just looked at Renner's page for the first time in a very long time, and he locked his blog as an archive yesterday.
    *Trigger Warning for James Renner fans, followers and his sleuths .
    Just looked and his Maura blog is up but I seems to not be like it was .It is a lot of James Renner being ...James Renner. If I figure out how to I will post the link that is an article in criticism of his book and especially of Renner himself over many of his tactics , accusations and finally someone is fairly saying his treatment of Fred is purely spiteful and vengeful . She also is critical of his sleuthers and fans for feeding his ego. The article was in
    the New Yorker by Michelle Dean called 'True Crime Detective : The Serious Problem of Internet Sleuths' and written in 2016 .Title may be slightly different but Michelle Dean and other crime writers are not impressed with Renner and I don't blame them .
    Michelle discusses the reason he went after Fred . Fred didn't want to talk to Renner because he was leary of Renner so Renner spitefully claimed Fred was suspicious and guilty soley because Fred didn't give him an interview . Renner claimed only guilty people refuse to speak to journalist when their child is missing. At any rate I always was fascinated by Renner claiming Fred killed Maura , someone near the wreck killed her ,a serial killer got her , her case is related to Briana Maitland's case and then would say he had proof of her living in Canada . All within hours of each other. This also brought us to the big midnight bombshell where Renner was announcing Maura's whereabouts, pictures ,proof she was alive ... and then never announced anything because he used this as a way to document all IP addresses of those on his site and search their backgrouds and gather info . He did this to his fans too . What a creep . He claimed he did it to trace her killer despite still insisting she was alive .
    Renner is basically exposed as or hinted at for not writing the truth but writing ridiculous fake stories instead and trying to pass them as fact . Michelle Dean rightfully raises concerns about him and his motives . Something I found very interesting is that Fred Murray did read the blog and things in the book and observed Renner was writing as if he was writing charaters for a book or movie . This theory was shared by Michelle Dean and other crime writers as well . Well James Renner now claims his True Crime book is going to be a tv series or movie . From day one it was known Renner was a fiction writer trying to break into making movies . I can't help but think he never gave a damn about Maura but was obsessed with her case for weird reasons and tried to profit off the story and make a name for himself as Dave Cullen did and Rick Baker ( the creep that wrote about the Mcstay family ) .Two others that lied in their books.
    So sorry for the long post but I personally know he did trace the IP addresses , lied about a few stalkers coming after him and tried to have police investigate some of his harsher critics or people her claimed stalked him . He did it to me and it backfired .The law enforcement in my town and Texas Rangers can't stand him and told him to stop filing fake reports and that people telling him he should be ashamed of himself is not a crime when he tried to get even with me for calling him a fraud . I see him as a self serving manipulater , liar with a profound negative personality disorder. This is not a good person on an altruistic quest to find a young woman . He is a damn monster.
    He did a such a good job at slut shaming Maura that most claim she was s dirty tramp because Renner said so. He claimed she was a hardened criminal because of the credit card theft , called her a sociopath because she was a distraught young woman that left town and wrecked , slut shamed her more by claiming she was having wild sex orgies with track coaches at the university athletic pool , called her a drug addict and 1001 other disturbing things . I rarely say this or bring gender into a post but he willingly went full misogynist on this poor young woman and did it despite her being the victim of something horrible. He does not like this young woman .
    My baby girl was 19 the last time I ever saw her . That was September 2015 as I was in ICU after surviving a stroke and she sat with me one night . She is missing but presumed dead and with no damn leads . It is a pain I would never wish on anyone and there is not script or book on how to go on or handle it. I have had a few James Renner types approach me for what happened and I told them to go straight to hell . I understand Fred Murray and his anger . This man is a victim too but not just because his daughter is gone ,her case was failed but mostly at the hands of James Renner spitefully punishing him over Fred Murray being put off by Renner and telling him no . Fred Murray isn't the sick one , Renner is and sadly not many care .

Well, with me you're preaching to the choir. I may not adhere to every word you've said, but to say that Renner has ulterior motives is an understatement.

I don't like the guy. And I was disappointed that Lance and Tim let him sit on the stage and do a live podcast with them at Crimecon. They could have done it all on their own, but Renner horned in.

Nope. He's slime in my book.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 07-31-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    My baby girl was 19 the last time I ever saw her . That was September 2015 as I was in ICU after surviving a stroke and she sat with me one night . She is missing but presumed dead and with no damn leads . It is a pain I would never wish on anyone and there is not script or book on how to go on or handle it. I have had a few James Renner types approach me for what happened and I told them to go straight to hell.
    What did happen, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    What did happen, if you don't mind me asking?
    She started dating a guy that didn't want to work and said she had to. He also was abusive we found out . After a weekend trip to Nevada he came back and she didn't . He claimed she stayed behind to become a prostitute in a legal brothel and he was ok with this . Her purse and id , heart medicine and stuff she would never go without were found in his vehicle.
    What he didn't rely on was that through bizarre happenstance I knew a few girls that stiil work for Dennis Hof including his top earner and those girls looked at every brothel in Nevada and she was not at any of them , she wasn't working as a private escort ,in an illegal brothel or on the streets . The girls in the business there all know of each other, even the illegal workers . Sadly their beliefs about her ,along with law enforcement there is that she was either killed in Nevada , on the way or was trafficked into prostitution against her will . My daughter is extremely modest and is very scared of most men .She also would have just never called me or her little brother again .
    The police in Texas said she is 19 and has the right to leave . Not once have they ever questioned her boyfriend despite his very suspicious behavior and rumors that went around . I couldn't physically talk the last time I ever saw her but I could sense fear in her voice and see it in her eyes as she explained she didn't want to leave on the trip . When she hugged me goodbye she didn't want to let go.
    I miss her so much that it could kill me and I will most likely never see her again . The boyfriend has a no trespass and some other type of order againt us because both my husban and I have confronted him in very physical manners.My husband ( her stepdad )very violently and would have done something horrible but he was pulled off . He is very lucky he is still alive .

Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    She started dating a guy that didn't want to work and said she had to. He also was abusive we found out . After a weekend trip to Nevada he came back and she didn't . He claimed she stayed behind to become a prostitute in a legal brothel and he was ok with this . Her purse and id , heart medicine and stuff she would never go without were found in his vehicle.
    What he didn't rely on was that through bizarre happenstance I knew a few girls that stiil work for Dennis Hof including his top earner and those girls looked at every brothel in Nevada and she was not at any of them , she wasn't working as a private escort ,in an illegal brothel or on the streets . The girls in the business there all know of each other, even the illegal workers . Sadly their beliefs about her ,along with law enforcement there is that she was either killed in Nevada , on the way or was trafficked into prostitution against her will . My daughter is extremely modest and is very scared of most men .She also would have just never called me or her little brother again .
    The police in Texas said she is 19 and has the right to leave . Not once have they ever questioned her boyfriend despite his very suspicious behavior and rumors that went around . I couldn't physically talk the last time I ever saw her but I could sense fear in her voice and see it in her eyes as she explained she didn't want to leave on the trip . When she hugged me goodbye she didn't want to let go.
    I miss her so much that it could kill me and I will most likely never see her again . The boyfriend has a no trespass and some other type of order againt us because both my husban and I have confronted him in very physical manners.My husband ( her stepdad )very violently and would have done something horrible but he was pulled off . He is very lucky he is still alive .
    So there is no missing person report? Do you have a fb page or anything set up for her? Are there any articles?

So there is no missing person report? Do you have a fb page or anything set up for her? Are there any articles?
    We have done everything by the book and not by the book . Every place but Texas listens to us . Texas law enforcement in my town tried to actually use Maura Murray and Mitrice Richardson of cases where girls just left their families to party . I did myself no favors by correcting him and telling him Mitrice was dead .
    We had to remove Lee's facebook because the owner of a tacky gossip online news site found it and tried to write horrible things . It hurt to much to see and blocking him made it worse .

Thread Information