Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 383

Thread: Maura Murray - UMass Amherst Student - Missing Since Feb. 9, 2004

  1. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    11549111
    I heard on the FB page that a note was found that said I'm cold, I'm scared, I tried to build a fire. They are going to try and match it to Maura's handwriting.

  2. #352
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    6077913
    Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    I heard on the FB page that a note was found that said I'm cold, I'm scared, I tried to build a fire. They are going to try and match it to Maura's handwriting.
    was this coming from James Renner ?

  3. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    11549111
    Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    was this coming from James Renner ?
    No, from the FB page run by Maura's sister Julie.

  4. #354
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,246
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    No, from the FB page run by Maura's sister Julie.
    Can you link to the post or screen shot it? I'm not seeing it, but would like to read it. Thanks!

  5. #355
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13,747
    Rep Power
    21474859
    I doubt a note would withstand the elements for that long.

  6. #356
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,246
    Rep Power
    21474869
    So the bone fragments are apparently a skull and it's about 25 miles from her wreck site. I think it's unlikely that it's her. I'm still not seeing anything about the note.

    https://www.newsweek.com/family-miss...pshire-1629938

    "A little over a week ago during construction on the mountain, a team there digging some electrical wires came across what they believe to be human remains," Julie Murray, the missing sister's woman told WATD. "They called in the appropriate authorities and it was in fact a human skull."

    The University of Massachusetts nursing student's car was found in 2004 about 25 miles away from where the bone fragments were discovered. Many leads into Maura's disappearance have been investigated over the years, but none have seemed as promising as the remains found near Loon Mountain.

    "It feels different because it is so close to where her car was found. It's 25 miles away from where her car was found which is pretty damn close," Murray told Newsweek. "It's also in the direction she would have had to travel if she were going to the Bartlett area and she called that area earlier that day, she called a condo complex. We don't know where she was heading but we do know she called Bartlett and from where her car was found in North Haverhill to Bartlett you have to pass through Lincoln which is where Loon is."

  7. #357
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    I'm still on the theory that she was pregnant with the coach's baby and didn't realize she was (or in denial) until it was too late for the local PP to do it. There's a clinic in Bartlett that does abortions after the 12 week mark and it would explain the turmoil she was going through. She had been drinking, she had already wrecked her Dad's new car while drunk (but the officer let her go) and now she had wrecked again and took off to avoid getting a DUI.

    I'm still convinced that she succumbed to the elements hiding out for the night not realizing that she could die from hypothermia. Especially while drinking. That area is so secluded and vast that it's not out of the question that she wouldn't have been found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  8. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    11549111
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Can you link to the post or screen shot it? I'm not seeing it, but would like to read it. Thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/112345878791938

    Its a post made by Tammy Reed on 10/17 Having trouble getting screen shots to post. It talks about a note found

    Chloe Williams
    Sarah Theriault what note is this?
    1

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Sarah Theriault
    Chloe Williams look at the other group post made today. Some secrete note that we all supposedly knew about.
    1

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Jan Kelley
    Chloe Williams what note? Which other group

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Louis Angels
    - Chloe Williams , in short, some years ago someone posted about finding a note at his parents' cabin. Allegedly the note's anonymous author wrote about being "tired", "cold" and "scared".

    I was scrolling comments when I first saw it, next time will link as I post.

  9. #359
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/112345878791938

    Its a post made by Tammy Reed on 10/17 Having trouble getting screen shots to post. It talks about a note found

    Chloe Williams
    Sarah Theriault what note is this?
    1

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Sarah Theriault
    Chloe Williams look at the other group post made today. Some secrete note that we all supposedly knew about.
    1

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Jan Kelley
    Chloe Williams what note? Which other group

    ? Reply
    ? 2d

    Louis Angels
    - Chloe Williams , in short, some years ago someone posted about finding a note at his parents' cabin. Allegedly the note's anonymous author wrote about being "tired", "cold" and "scared".

    I was scrolling comments when I first saw it, next time will link as I post.
    Tammy Reed.
    Figures.

    She's a shit stirrer. Just ignore what she says. We blocked her from our podcast group when we still had it and I don't understand why Julie hasn't blocked her from the main one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  10. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    11549111
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Tammy Reed.
    Figures.

    She's a shit stirrer. Just ignore what she says. We blocked her from our podcast group when we still had it and I don't understand why Julie hasn't blocked her from the main one.
    Oh! I had no idea she was such a shit stirrer, Julie should block her!

  11. #361
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,246
    Rep Power
    21474869
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/11/...-maura-murray/

    Bone Fragments Found In New Hampshire Not Those Of Missing Woman Maura Murray

    New Hampshire State Police said Wednesday the bones were from long ago, based on radiocarbon dating, with a 95.4 percent probability of the person dying anywhere from 1774 to 1942. There was a 68.2 percent probability they were from anywhere from 1718 to 1893.

  12. #362
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/11/...-maura-murray/

    Bone Fragments Found In New Hampshire Not Those Of Missing Woman Maura Murray
    I figured as much. It had to have been trucked in from a quarry of something for the construction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  13. #363
    Senior Member Daisychain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    3416328

    FBI issues alert for missing UMass student Maura Murray, enters case into ViCAP database 18 years after she disappeared

    https://www-masslive-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.masslive.com/police-fire/2022/01/fbi-issues-alert-for-missing-umass-student-maura-murray-enters-case-into-vicap-database-18-years-after-she-disappeared.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&outputType= amp&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16426527 712538&amp_ct=1642652797947&referrer=https%3A%2F%2 Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=ht tps%3A%2F%2Fwww.masslive.com%2Fpolice-fire%2F2022%2F01%2Ffbi-issues-alert-for-missing-umass-student-maura-murray-enters-case-into-vicap-database-18-years-after-she-disappeared.html


    (*Can't find the actual vicap link even when I searched the fbi.gov site lol sorry maybe someone smarter can post it. I wonder what took them so long?)

    -----
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has issued a nationwide alert on the case of Maura Murray, a University of Massachusetts Amherst student who disappeared almost 18 years ago.

    Her sister, Julie Murray, tweeted a photo of the alert, which is a part of the FBI?s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program. It includes information regarding Murray?s disappearance, information about the case and a photo.

    ?As we approach the 18th anniversary of Maura?s disappearance, LE notified my family they were releasing an FBI ViCAP profile. The goal is for multiple agencies and jurisdictions to pool and cross reference info. Long overdue, but a positive step in finding answers #mauramurray,? the tweet sent on Sunday read.

    On Feb. 9, 2004, the 21-year-old UMass nursing student disappeared in Haverhill, New Hampshire.

    Murray packed her car in Amherst, lied to professors that she had a death in the family and left Massachusetts. Later on that night, she crashed her car on a rural road Route 112 in North Haverhill, New Hampshire, and then vanished. The case left her family, investigators and the public confused and tormented, as theories spread about what may have happened.

    Investigators have since said there hasn?t been one credible sighting of her since the crash around 7:30 p.m. on that cold, February night.

    In 2019, New Hampshire Associate Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin and other state and federal investigators searched a home in Woodsville, New Hampshire near where Murray crashed but found ?no credible evidence? regarding her disappearance.

    ?The home has become the target of increased speculation by private citizens,? Strelzin said at the time. ?We did contact homeowners and they graciously allowed us, gave us consent, to search the home ... (They found) absolutely nothing other than a small piece of what looks to be pottery and maybe old piping.?

    Julie Murray told Boston 25 News that the attorney general reached out to her last week to inform her of the new ViCAP alert.

    ?I always wonder why it took this long to put it into this powerful, powerful database where information can be shared,? Julie Murray told the TV station. ?And they don?t just put anything into this database. It?s cases where they seem random and motiveless. It?s cases like my sister?s where they have no idea what happened to them.?

    ViCAP is the FBI?s nationwide database that collects, collates and analyzes crimes of violence, according to their website, in order to examine patterns, timelines or other trends that may lead to conclusions.

    Julie Murray told Boston 25 that she believes that this is an indicator that investigators haven?t ruled out foul play, though the state of New Hampshire never classified her case as criminal.

  14. #364
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Took long enough.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  15. #365
    Senior Member sweetleftpeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, That there England
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    11553148
    Ah, Maura.

    I’m still agree with the vast majority on this thread. She panicked, fled, died in the woods.

    As an aside, historically and culturally this will go down as a really fascinating case in regards to the boom in web sleuths and online conspiracy theorists. It was probably one of the first cases that lots of people online got a bit obsessed with (yours truly included).

    I still hope her remains pop up at some point for closure. She’s definitely not in Canada though.

  16. #366
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    Ah, Maura.

    I’m still agree with the vast majority on this thread. She panicked, fled, died in the woods.

    As an aside, historically and culturally this will go down as a really fascinating case in regards to the boom in web sleuths and online conspiracy theorists. It was probably one of the first cases that lots of people online got a bit obsessed with (yours truly included).

    I still hope her remains pop up at some point for closure. She’s definitely not in Canada though.
    I've been obsessed with this case since it's happened. I used to Admin one of the major groups about it and I've met and discussed this case with many of the major players in it. I met Maura's sister Julie as well and she's so sweet and amazing. She's also very patient and strong willed considering all of the excess BULLSHIT this case has drawn to itself. I could never be as diplomatic as she has been with the sheer drama, stupidity and people who have latched on to her case for personal and selfish reasons. I'm not naming names, but there's been idiots that call themselves "journalists" that have used this case in a disguising manner. Renner.

    Oops!

    Anyway, RBW in the Brandon Lawson thread asked if I would elaborate on my theories of why Maura was there in the first place. If anyone has read this thread, they already know my position on what happened to her and anyone joining now that knows the Brandon Lawson case will understand it now.

    My theory as to why she was there in the first place. Get comfortable, get your favorite snack and whatever beverage you prefer because this is going to be long. It's nothing I haven't said before, but years go by and people are TLDR in here in general, which is understandable.

    Maura wasn't an Angel, but she also wasn't anything different than most women coming in to themselves from H.S. to college. I'll try to make this short. She did stupid shit and liked to party. Basically, 99% of college aged women.

    She had a mental breakdown before she ventured off on this journey. She was in a relationship with two men, one in boot camp and the other at her college who was a running coach. Her family was in crisis to a certain extent with her sister having issues with addiction. She was also having issues with whether or not she was also following suit with her own drinking problems.

    She mentioned leaving school for a week for a "Death in the v Family". I believe that she had become pregnant by the coach and didn't know how to deal with that with Billy or with her life in general. She had let it go too far and if she was going to abort, it would have to be with a clinic that served pregnancies beyond what the local Planned Parenthood could do in MA. The closest clinic that did that was in VT driving distance from NH and MA.


    Cont'd......
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-05-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  17. #367
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    She had looked up directions to places to stay within NH, but also Burlington VT.

    I believe that she had intentions of ending the pregnancy, but didn't want anyone to know so made plans to make it look like she was going to NH mountains to "clear her head", but was really heading to PP in Vermont to get the abortion then take time to heal and return with nobody the wiser. However, it's an emotional process so of course her head wasn't right. Especially having to do this alone.

    She was acting out before this venture and had already escaped a DUI with a cop that gave her a break after she wrecked her Dad's car. I truly believe that the money her Dad took out was for another car since she was going to take this trip, but she left before securing another car between time constraints with the pregnancy and her own mental breakdown.

    She took her books to study and enough booze to self medicate during this process. She was disorganized, but knew what she wanted to do and took whatever she thought would be enough to distract her and let her get her head together after the abortion so she could come back as if nothing happened.

    Cont'd......
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  18. #368
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    She was emotionally not well and knowing what she was heading out to do didn't help matters so was drinking. Her car was craping out and she wrecked and she panicked. It's been reported that she had a minor accident before the one that made her car un-drivable. She wasn't in a good state of mind and was probably drunk and all she could think to do was avoid a DUI on top of everything else she was dealing with.

    The rest is what I mentioned above. This just tells you my theory on why she ended up there.

    IMHO she was not trying to leave for a new life. She wasn't involved in anything spectacular. She was just a scared, knocked up woman that was in a fragile state that made some bad decisions.

    The. End.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-05-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  19. #369
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    11549111
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    She was emotionally not well and knowing what she was heading out to do didn't help matters so was drinking. Her car was craping out and she wrecked and she panicked. It's been reported that she had a minor accident before the one that made her car un-drivable. She wasn't in a good state of mind and was probably drunk and all she could think to do was avoid a DUI on top of everything else she was dealing with.

    The rest is what I mentioned above. This just tells you my theory on why she ended up there.

    IMHO she was not trying to leave for a new life. She wasn't involved in anything spectacular. She was just a scared, knocked up woman that was in a fragile state that made some bad decisions.

    The. End.
    Not able to REP you at the moment but this is the most clear cut scenario that makes the most sense! I missed the part where she was also seeing the running coach the same time as Bill.

    I always believed she panicked because she was in enough trouble and died in the woods.

  20. #370
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13,747
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Wow Boston, I didnt know you were that close to the case. Your theory makes a lot of sense, and it fills in some gaps that were confusing.

    I think you mentioned in another thread that she died from exposure, do you think she got lost in the woods?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  21. #371
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wow Boston, I didnt know you were that close to the case. Your theory makes a lot of sense, and it fills in some gaps that were confusing.

    I think you mentioned in another thread that she died from exposure, do you think she got lost in the woods?
    I think she had been drinking and continued to drink since she grabbed the booze to take with her. She found a place to just hole up for the night (there's small crevices and caves, abandoned sheds, under a tree even) and didn't realize that she was suffering from hypothermia. People who are drunk get found after dying from exposure because they don't realize that their body temp is actually as low as it is. The same way that people will die in a hot bath not realizing how hot it really is under the influence.

    Also, you only have to be just over the 3 month mark to be referred to a clinic that handles late term abortions. Burlington VT was the closest to her at the time. It would explain the "death in the family".
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  22. #372
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13,747
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think she had been drinking and continued to drink since she grabbed the booze to take with her. She found a place to just hole up for the night (there's small crevices and caves, abandoned sheds, under a tree even) and didn't realize that she was suffering from hypothermia. People who are drunk get found after dying from exposure because they don't realize that their body temp is actually as low as it is. The same way that people will die in a hot bath not realizing how hot it really is under the influence.

    Also, you only have to be just over the 3 month mark to be referred to a clinic that handles late term abortions. Burlington VT was the closest to her at the time. It would explain the "death in the family".
    What a horrible thing to go through alone, I wonder if she told anyone? I was a mess when I was pregnant and Im married and old! I had so much anxiety, but couldnt take anything, so I sufferered daily panic attacks. I can totally see someone self medicating with alcohol. It really messes with your head.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  23. #373
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,246
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Boston, I had a feeling you and I were on the same page. This is pretty much what I have been thinking for a long time. I don't think it's near as nefarious or drawn out as people have made it. She wasn't running off to a new life IMO. She was just trying to deal with a bad situation, and she was making some bad choices and one thing led to another and she died.

  24. #374
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    21,229
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What a horrible thing to go through alone, I wonder if she told anyone? I was a mess when I was pregnant and Im married and old! I had so much anxiety, but couldnt take anything, so I sufferered daily panic attacks. I can totally see someone self medicating with alcohol. It really messes with your head.
    Yeah, I feel horrible if this is what she was going through and if so doing it alone. She had made searches regarding pregnancy and the effects of alcohol on pregnancy etc, but she was also a nursing student so it could go either way. I just have a strong feeling that she was and it would explain the solo trip and why she looked up Burlington.

    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Boston, I had a feeling you and I were on the same page. This is pretty much what I have been thinking for a long time. I don't think it's near as nefarious or drawn out as people have made it. She wasn't running off to a new life IMO. She was just trying to deal with a bad situation, and she was making some bad choices and one thing led to another and she died.

    Exactly. I think over the years people have built this up to astronomical heights to the point where they wouldn't be able to believe that something as simple as that happened. You've got people believing that the police did something, that the bus driver did something, that she's living in Canada, that the Father did something, that Billy did something..... The list goes on and on and on. And yes, I might be wrong, but I truly believe it really is as simple as this. She made some bad decisions and it cost her her life and perhaps eventually her remains will be found. Let's hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

  25. #375
    Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    21474849
    I love reading about this case. I agree with you Boston, I think her remains are in the woods somewhere in a crevice, log, etc. I've been listening to a lot of crime podcasts while working on my RV and while taking road trips and I laugh at some of the theories people have come up with, especially like the bus driver, etc. The window of time when she was seen until the cops got there is soooo small that it would just be super crazy for someone to have grabbed her, etc. It makes way more sense that she didn't want the cops to see she had been drinking/wanted to try to continue her mission, so she grabbed what she could carry and walked off quickly.


    I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •