Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Texas Toddler May Have Been Crushed by Obese Relative

Re: Texas Toddler May Have Been Crushed by Obese Relative

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=13411.msg785492#msg785492 date=1206640145]
    Fuck prison, force feed her until she can no longer move.
    [/quote]

Hyper, she's 800 lbs.  How much moving do you think she's doing?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13411.msg778501#msg778501 date=1206287923]
    They tell you it's sealed, but if they ever need to get into it, it's not exactly difficult.
    Fuckin scam.
    [/quote]

when i joined the navy they pulled up a misdameanor i had when i was 11...

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg785498#msg785498 date=1206640344]
    Hyper, she's 800 lbs.  How much moving do you think she's doing?
    [/quote]

Enough to hit a kid in the head?  2yr olds should be able to outrun 800 pounders anyway.

[quote author=megjon05 link=topic=13411.msg785505#msg785505 date=1206640654]
    when i joined the navy they pulled up a misdameanor i had when i was 11...
    [/quote]

We have another Navy girl here now?

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=13411.msg785517#msg785517 date=1206641034]
    Enough to hit a kid in the head?   2yr olds should be able to outrun 800 pounders anyway.

We have another Navy girl here now?
    [/quote]

EX navy now...

that relative must feel terrible... :'(

[quote author=megjon05 link=topic=13411.msg785785#msg785785 date=1206649800]
    EX navy now...

that relative must feel terrible... :'(
    [/quote]

What makes you think that?

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg785795#msg785795 date=1206649986]
    What makes you think that?
    [/quote]

if i accidently killed ANY person in my family or in general...well i couldnt imagine how that could feel...guilt, shock, hurt, anger, suicidal even...especially because of the weight factor being the main cause...

[quote author=megjon05 link=topic=13411.msg785817#msg785817 date=1206650624]
    if i accidently killed ANY person in my family or in general...well i couldnt imagine how that could feel...guilt, shock, hurt, anger, suicidal even...especially because of the weight factor being the main cause...
    [/quote]

Was it really an accident though? There were 2 blows to the poor kids head and there was an older skull fracture. That doesn't sound like an accident to me.

[quote author=stephak link=topic=13411.msg785829#msg785829 date=1206650928]
    Was it really an accident though? There were 2 blows to the poor kids head and there was an older skull fracture. That doesn't sound like an accident to me.
    [/quote]

true...sorry i got lost there, yeah there were two blows to the head...
    this disabled relative does anyone know anything else about the overweight relative?

[quote author=megjon05 link=topic=13411.msg785835#msg785835 date=1206651078]
    true...sorry i got lost there, yeah there were two blows to the head...
    this disabled relative does anyone know anything else about the overweight relative?
    [/quote]

the disabled relative is the overweight relative...

Here's a little more:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA032608.obesedeath.EN.22816e8.html

EDINBURG -- A morbidly obese woman was booked for capital murder in the death of her 2-year-old nephew at her La Joya home Wednesday after officials determined they had no means to move or house her for the proceedings, Hidalgo County officials said.

Initial reports that 27-year-old Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, who reportedly weighs 1,000 pounds, had fallen and accidentally crushed Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. were incorrect, Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said.

"Eliseo's fatal injuries were the result of at least two blows delivered by Mayra Lizbeth Rosales," Trevino said. "It could not have been a crushing or compression injury."

The child's mother, 31-year-old Jamie Lee Rosales, was arraigned later in the day on a felony charge of injury to a child for violating a state order not to leave her children in Mayra's care. She was being held on $50,000 bond.

It was unclear this afternoon whether either sister had an attorney. Jamie Lee Rosales appeared at her arraignment alone and in jail clothing. She said in Spanish that she had no response to the charges against her before being walked quickly past reporters.

The arrests followed a week of investigation into the toddler's March 18 death.

Sheriff's investigators were called to the hospital that day after Eliseo arrived in a coma. He was taken off life support two days later.

Mayra Rosales told investigators she had slipped and landed with her hand on Eliseo's head while trying to pick him up from the floor. She said he was further injured when he fell of a chair.

Autopsy results showed a different story, Trevino said, as did objects seized in a search warrant of the home.

The child had multiple skull fractures and large contusions on his forehead, upper back, and lower back of the head. Another head fracture was determined to be a month old.

"The injuries are consistent with being struck rather than crushed," Trevino said.

Mayra Rosales was bedridden by her obesity and had therefore been deemed unable to care for a child.

Last April, Jamie Lee Rosales signed a Child Protective Services safety plan directing her not to leave her children alone with Mayra. She told investigators she had taken her other two children to the dentist that morning.

Trevino said the appointment was non-emergency.

Trevino said Mayra Rosales has a husband who also lives at the home, but that she and Eliseo were alone when the incident occurred.

Trevino had no motive for the alleged blows, but said that Eliseo had been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and was known to be "extremely active."

Asked how a bedridden woman could inflict such blows, Trevino said her disability did not mean she was immobile and that she moved about by sliding herself on the bed sheets.

As for the home arraignment and judge's decision to grant a personal recognizance bond, Trevino said they had no choice and no fear of her fleeing.

"We would have to remove the walls," he said. "And then what? We have no way to move her, no cell to fit her."

Hidalgo County prosecutor Rene Guerra said he had just learned about the case.

"Whatever is referred to us, if we can make a case, we will," he said. As for logistics, he said, "I think the court and the county and the state will deal with that situation when we have to cross that bridge."

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg785846#msg785846 date=1206651348]
    the disabled relative is the overweight relative...
    [/quote]

yeah i know i was just wondering if she had any criminal history, or if anyone knew if she/he was not all there

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

[quote author=stephak link=topic=13411.msg785854#msg785854 date=1206651669]
    Here's a little more:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA032608.obesedeath.EN.22816e8.html

EDINBURG -- A morbidly obese woman was booked for capital murder in the death of her 2-year-old nephew at her La Joya home Wednesday after officials determined they had no means to move or house her for the proceedings, Hidalgo County officials said.

Initial reports that 27-year-old Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, who reportedly weighs 1,000 pounds, had fallen and accidentally crushed Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. were incorrect, Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said.

"Eliseo's fatal injuries were the result of at least two blows delivered by Mayra Lizbeth Rosales," Trevino said. "It could not have been a crushing or compression injury."

The child's mother, 31-year-old Jamie Lee Rosales, was arraigned later in the day on a felony charge of injury to a child for violating a state order not to leave her children in Mayra's care. She was being held on $50,000 bond.

It was unclear this afternoon whether either sister had an attorney. Jamie Lee Rosales appeared at her arraignment alone and in jail clothing. She said in Spanish that she had no response to the charges against her before being walked quickly past reporters.

The arrests followed a week of investigation into the toddler's March 18 death.

Sheriff's investigators were called to the hospital that day after Eliseo arrived in a coma. He was taken off life support two days later.

Mayra Rosales told investigators she had slipped and landed with her hand on Eliseo's head while trying to pick him up from the floor. She said he was further injured when he fell of a chair.

Autopsy results showed a different story, Trevino said, as did objects seized in a search warrant of the home.

The child had multiple skull fractures and large contusions on his forehead, upper back, and lower back of the head. Another head fracture was determined to be a month old.

"The injuries are consistent with being struck rather than crushed," Trevino said.

Mayra Rosales was bedridden by her obesity and had therefore been deemed unable to care for a child.

Last April, Jamie Lee Rosales signed a Child Protective Services safety plan directing her not to leave her children alone with Mayra. She told investigators she had taken her other two children to the dentist that morning.

Trevino said the appointment was non-emergency.

Trevino said Mayra Rosales has a husband who also lives at the home, but that she and Eliseo were alone when the incident occurred.

Trevino had no motive for the alleged blows, but said that Eliseo had been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and was known to be "extremely active."

Asked how a bedridden woman could inflict such blows, Trevino said her disability did not mean she was immobile and that she moved about by sliding herself on the bed sheets.

As for the home arraignment and judge's decision to grant a personal recognizance bond, Trevino said they had no choice and no fear of her fleeing.

"We would have to remove the walls," he said. "And then what? We have no way to move her, no cell to fit her."

Hidalgo County prosecutor Rene Guerra said he had just learned about the case.

"Whatever is referred to us, if we can make a case, we will," he said. As for logistics, he said, "I think the court and the county and the state will deal with that situation when we have to cross that bridge."

[/quote]

Ok, so now we know why the mom was also charged. God, 28 and almost a 1,000 pounds.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I'm guessing she's going to die during the trial.
    Either that, or she dies after a week in prison eating only 3 normal squares a day.

They should NOT do anything special to accomidate this "person"
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=13411.msg785492#msg785492 date=1206640145]
    Fuck prison, force feed her until she can no longer move.
    [/quote]uhh I think she already did that herself.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13411.msg785938#msg785938 date=1206654985]
    I'm guessing she's going to die during the trial.
    Either that, or she dies after a week in prison eating only 3 normal squares a day.

They should NOT do anything special to accomidate this "person"
    [/quote]

They have to, obesity has been medicalized to death.

I'm not saying that they should, but I'm guessing that there are obesity related problems -- bed sores, edema, maybe even things like high blood pressure and diabetes. 

Now when you have heard me claim that folks can be healthy at any size, well, I guess even I have my limits.  :|

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg786025#msg786025 date=1206657815]
    They have to, obesity has been medicalized to death.

I'm not saying that they should, but I'm guessing that there are obesity related problems -- bed sores, edema, maybe even things like high blood pressure and diabetes. 

Now when you have heard me claim that folks can be healthy at any size, well, I guess even I have my limits.  :|
    [/quote]
    I'm glad to hear that. :lol:

But fuck this fuckin baby killer. She's a murderer, and a glutton.
    She should be thrown in a cell (made for normal people, nothing special), and allowed to starve to death
    while eating the meals that the average convict gets.
    Yeech.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13411.msg786028#msg786028 date=1206658110]
    I'm glad to hear that. :lol:

But fuck this fuckin baby killer. She's a murderer, and a glutton.
    She should be thrown in a cell (made for normal people, nothing special), and allowed to starve to death
    while eating the meals that the average convict gets.
    Yeech.
    [/quote]

But they won't.  She can't possibly sleep in a normal size prison bunk.  And what about a cellmate?  That would be monumentally cruel to the cellie, no?  Sometimes, when people are this big, they need oxygen to sleep at night.  The ACLU would be all over it if she were denied medical treatment vital to her 'condition'.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg786032#msg786032 date=1206658266]
    But they won't.  She can't possibly sleep in a normal size prison bunk.  And what about a cellmate?  That would be monumentally cruel to the cellie, no?  Sometimes, when people are this big, they need oxygen to sleep at night.  The ACLU would be all over it if she were denied medical treatment vital to her 'condition'.
    [/quote]
    That is exactly why I'm not always in favor of the ACLU.
    I see the big picture here, but god damn it...fuck this lying cunt.

And of course no cell mate. :lol:
    Jails are crowded enough, now they have jumbo-sized inmates. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13411.msg786036#msg786036 date=1206658431]
    That is exactly why I'm not always in favor of the ACLU.
    I see the big picture here, but god damn it...fuck this lying cunt.

And of course no cell mate. :lol:
    Jails are crowded enough, now they have jumbo-sized inmates. :lol:
    [/quote]

So I have a question. At what size should one's civil liberties be revoked?

WHOA.....hold the fucking phone for a minute here.

She faces a capital murder charge but yet was released on "personal recognizance bond"...

Thats just going to send the message to crazies "Hey, as long as youre fat enough to not fit in a regular jail cell, youll stay out until your trial"

Jesus Christ on a crutch,

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=13411.msg786063#msg786063 date=1206659835]
    WHOA.....hold the fucking phone for a minute here.

She faces a capital murder charge but yet was released on "personal recognizance bond"...

Thats just going to send the message to crazies "Hey, as long as youre fat enough to not fit in a regular jail cell, youll stay out until your trial"

Jesus Christ on a crutch,
    [/quote]
    Yeah let's see I want to kill thus kid so I'll gain 800 lbs so they won't lock me up, until after they convict me.  You know I'm not seeing that as a huge problem. It's not like she's going anywhere.  The whole purpose of denying bond is to ensure the defendant will show up. 

I just can't believe that this poor child's mother thought someone like this could care for a toddler...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=13411.msg786116#msg786116 date=1206661562]
    Yeah let's see I want to kill thus kid so I'll gain 800 lbs so they won't lock me up, until after they convict me.  You know I'm not seeing that as a huge problem. It's not like she's going anywhere.  The whole purpose of denying bond is to ensure the defendant will show up. 

I just can't believe that this poor child's mother thought someone like this could care for a toddler...

[/quote]

Its not a matter of her not going anywhere.  Its pretty obvious that she isnt that mobile.  The problem is that she gets to sit in her nice comfy house and stuff her face when she should be locked up.  She murdered a baby....its not like she got a speeding ticket.

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=13411.msg786133#msg786133 date=1206662127]
    Its not a matter of her not going anywhere.  Its pretty obvious that she isnt that mobile.  The problem is that she gets to sit in her nice comfy house and stuff her face when she should be locked up.  She murdered a baby....its not like she got a speeding ticket.
    [/quote]
    It's not like she's been convicted of anything either.

bail

The money paid to the court, usually at arraignment or shortly thereafter, to ensure that an arrested person who is released from jail will show up at all required court appearances. The amount of bail is determined by the local bail schedule, which is based on the seriousness of the offense. The judge can increase the bail if the prosecutor convinces him that the defendant is likely to flee (for example, if he has failed to show up in court in the past), or he can decrease it if the defense attorney shows that the defendant is unlikely to run (for example, he has strong ties to the community by way of a steady job and a family).
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=13411.msg786148#msg786148 date=1206662573]
    It's not like she's been convicted of anything either.

bail

The money paid to the court, usually at arraignment or shortly thereafter, to ensure that an arrested person who is released from jail will show up at all required court appearances. The amount of bail is determined by the local bail schedule, which is based on the seriousness of the offense. The judge can increase the bail if the prosecutor convinces him that the defendant is likely to flee (for example, if he has failed to show up in court in the past), or he can decrease it if the defense attorney shows that the defendant is unlikely to run (for example, he has strong ties to the community by way of a steady job and a family).
    [/quote]

Im very well aware of what bail is.  All im saying is i dont think its right that shes been indicted on capital murder charges and shes sitting at home.  I dont give a shit if shes convicted of it yet or not. 

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=13411.msg786042#msg786042 date=1206658630]
    So I have a question. At what size should one's civil liberties be revoked?
    [/quote]
    400+

Thread Information