[/quote]

Ahhhh here comes the voice of reason 

Re: Texas Toddler May Have Been Crushed by Obese Relative

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13411.msg786496#msg786496 date=1206677276]
    400+

[/quote]

Tell that to this guy....

Big Show actually looks like hes dropped some weight.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408609,00.html

EDINBURG, Texas —  A grand jury indicted a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman Thursday in the death of her 2-year-old nephew.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, was indicted on one count of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. Rosales previously had been charged with capital murder.

The grand jury indicted her after a full autopsy confirmed investigators' suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck. Investigators believe the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing his head.

Authorities recommended Rosales' bond be set at $150,000.

The boy's mother Jaime Rosales, was charged earlier with injury to a child because she allegedly left her son alone with his aunt. Her bond has been set at $100.000.

Prosecutors have to work out how Mayra Rosales will be detained and prosecuted because she weighs nearly 1,000 pounds. She is unable to fit through a door to leave her home. As of Thursday evening, she was not in custody.

Both Hidalgo County District Attorney Rene Guerra and Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino promised that Rosales would somehow face the charges but they had little details about how that would happen. Trevino said holding her at the Hidalgo County Jail for her trial would be impossible because she needs extensive medical care. "She would die," said Trevino in Thursday's online edition of The Monitor in McAllen.

Nevertheless, she will soon face arrest, he said.

[quote author=rmbd0903 link=topic=13411.msg979032#msg979032 date=1219416116]

Nevertheless, she will soon face arrest, he said.

[/quote]

Cardiac I bet.

I think the biggest reason other then just her weight is the fact they stated they would have to rip the wall out of her home to remove this lady .If she was the only person who lived there I would say go ahead ,but didn't it say she had a hubby .Thats really not fair to this guy .I do not see why they do not just  turn this into her jail remove all her comforts ,and  put in a guard . I would rather that happen then have to pay ore taxes just to build this fat lady a cell of her own . I mean either way this lady is going to just sit there and litterally rot away .

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=13411.msg979037#msg979037 date=1219416314]
    Cardiac I bet.
    [/quote]

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=13411.msg785915#msg785915 date=1206654243]
    Ok, so now we know why the mom was also charged. God, 28 and almost a 1,000 pounds.
    [/quote][quote author=steph link=topic=13411.msg785854#msg785854 date=1206651669]

Mayra Rosales was bedridden by her obesity and had therefore been deemed unable to care for a child.

Last April, Jamie Lee Rosales signed a Child Protective Services safety plan directing her not to leave her children alone with Mayra. She told investigators she had taken her other two children to the dentist that morning.

Trevino said the appointment was non-emergency.

Trevino said Mayra Rosales has a husband who also lives at the home, but that she and Eliseo were alone when the incident occurred.

Trevino had no motive for the alleged blows, but said that Eliseo had been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and was known to be "extremely active."

Asked how a bedridden woman could inflict such blows, Trevino said her disability did not mean she was immobile and that she moved about by sliding herself on the bed sheets.

As for the home arraignment and judge's decision to grant a personal recognizance bond, Trevino said they had no choice and no fear of her fleeing.
    [/quote]

dang. it took a lot of work (or not work as it were) and ten years for me to get up to 200+ pounds. this woman is 5 times larger than me and is two years younger. i wonder who keeps feeding her if she can't leave the bedroom. if she can't leave the room, she can't exactly use a bathroom either, so i'm imagine pretty squalid living conditions. it brings to mind a story from an emt friend. they went to lift a bedridden obese person off their couch/bed/living space and out crawled the roaches that were hanging out amongst the feces, urine, and whatever else was going on between the folds of flesh. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

Thread Information