Thread: Kyle Fleischmann - Missing since 9 November 2007

Olivia

Kyle Fleischmann - Missing since 9 November 2007

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =20788425

http://www.helpfindkyle.com/

Kyle Fleischmann, a graduate of Elon University, disappeared on November 9th, 2007. He was last seen in Uptown Charlotte, NC early Friday morning (11/09/07) leaving the Buckhead Saloon around 2:20am.

Fleischmann was last seen wearing a black shirt, jeans, and black dress shoes
    Kyle left his black pea coat at the bar along with his credit card. There has been no usage of his bank funds since.

Kyle's last contact was 2 phone calls made around 3:30am to his best friend and roommate. He did not leave any messages and his cell phone has been off since.
    It is not known whether or not Kyle took a cab or tried to find a ride home.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Re: Kyle Fleischmann - Missing since 9 November 2007

Doesn't sound good.  I don't know about any of the rest of you but my cell is NEVER off, and I don't get all that many calls on it.  He's been gone a good while now.  I hope they find him.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Kyle is a friend of a friend of mine. He's definitely not one to disappear of his own accord and not let anyone know where he is.
    I can't remember where I read it, but there was a news story where his father was saying that he is pretty certain that Kyle is dead. I hate to say it, but I agree.
    It really sucks. By all accounts, he was/is a very bright guy with an extremely promising future.

i feel horrible for kyles family and friends... not knowing what happened or where he is...
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

i work with a close friend of kyle's and this story breaks my heart. it's so crazy to think that no one has seen any trace of him. i really hope kyle's family and friends find the answers they are looking for. i know the simple fact of not knowing has got to be torture.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

New witness located in Kyle Fleischmann case
    11:19 AM EST on Tuesday, November 4, 2008
    By MICHELLE BOUDIN / NewsChannel 36
    E-mail Michelle: MBoudin@WCNC.com

Fleischmann's disappearance still a mystery
    November 3rd, 2008

CHARLOTTE , N.C. -- A year after his son vanished from uptown, Kyle Fleischmann’s father says his son is partly to blame, but, he says, so are others.

Investigators are finally talking to what could be a key witness in the case. NewsChannel 36 spoke to that witness, the Fleischmann family and the lead detective.

The story was everywhere last November. The 24-year-old vanished after a night out drinking with friends.

Hundreds helped police search near the uptown Charlotte bar where Fleischmann was last seen... but nothing.

“Did you ever think you'd still be here a year later still not knowing?” NewsChannel 36 asked.

“No, absolutely not,” said Dick Fleischmann.

Concerned about the police investigation, Fleischmann's parents hired a former FBI agent turned private investigator to help find out what happened to their son, who they believe is dead.

“There could have been a more thorough, a more competent investigation,” his dad told NewsChannel 36.

The Fleischmanns’ own investigation uncovered a witness the police never found. They shared exclusive details with us about a pizza employee who they say might have made a difference in this case -- if only.

&quot;We all think if only he'd called me, if only, a million what if's,” said Kyle’s mom, Barbara.

We know Kyle made six final phone calls on his cell phone between 2:22 and 3:28 that morning, all traced to four blocks in uptown.

&quot;It’s a pretty simple area to focus on to find out what happened to him,&quot; Barbara said.

Video discovered nearly three months after Kyle's disappearance appears to capture him walking towards Fuel Pizza -- one of the only places open that time of night.

&quot;Probably should have been on this a lot sooner,” Dick Fleischmann said.

He’s talking about a Fuel Pizza worker who claims he served the 24-year-old that night.

&quot;He came in alone. He ordered his pizza. I put it through the oven. He went straight to the bathroom. He came back out. He grabbed his food,” the employee said.

He says he clearly remembers Kyle coming in that night.

&quot;Like I told the detective. I would bet my life on it. I know who he was. I saw him that night. I remember exactly what he ate,&quot; he said.

He says he told his manager that story almost a year ago and then moved away. He told Detective Tuttle last month. The lead detective in the case says he's been in Fuel Pizza about a dozen times since last November.

The detective told us, &quot;We have talked with the employees that were working that night.&quot;

But he admits not this one.

The pizza employee feels, &quot;It probably would have made a difference. It probably would have.&quot;

Tuttle says the Fuel Pizza angle hasn't lead anywhere yet.

&quot;We have no indication anyone at Fuel Pizza was involved in his disappearance. It’s a true missing person’s case in that we really just don't know what has happened to him,&quot; Tuttle said.

So he took NewsChannel 36 back to that night, retracing Kyle's steps.

We started at the Dilworth area home where he left his car, met up with friends and took a cab uptown. They ate at Phil's Deli, went to the Time Warner arena for a Dane cook concert, then to Buckhead Saloon for drinks. That’s the last place he was with friends and surveillance shows him there. One by one his friends headed home until he was the last one left at the bar.

His parents and police believe with only a few dollars left at the end of the night, he needed a ride. His jacket and debit card were left behind in the bar.

Daniel Scagnelli had been with his best friend that night and missed the last known call Kyle Fleischman ever made.

&quot;It was in the middle of the night. I was asleep at that point. I had a missed call. He didn't leave a message,” Scagnelli said. “It's a lot of, at this point, what can we do? Just put one foot in front of the other, take it day by day, try to find out what happened to Kyle.&quot;

Police haven't ruled anything out.

The lead detective said, “He could have gotten in the wrong car, could have gotten in the wrong cab, could have tried to walk out of the uptown area and met up with the wrong person at the wrong time.&quot;

For the first time since he disappeared, Dick Fleishmann says he’s realized his son is partly to blame for what’s happened.

“Certainly some of the blame has to go to him. He made a bad decision. Having said that it doesn't give the right to someone to kill him,&quot; he said.

Police say at this point they need someone to come forward with information and the family is counting on it.

There is a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. The family has started a foundation in Kyle Fleischmann's honor and this weekend is hosting a benefit golf tournament in honor of the one year anniversary of his disappearance.

His parents say this weekend will be a big milestone for them and hope it brings healing.

For more information, visit www.thekff.org.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-110308-al-missing_kyle.17723c861.html#

Olivia

Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

Several electricians stumbled on the human bones on Christmas Eve.

&quot;They just started walking down a game trail, like a deer trail, and they just stumbled across the bones,&quot; said Officer Bob Fey with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

The area along Dixie River Road near Interstate 485 and Steele Creek Road was blocked off until officers and firefighters could search the 15-acre construction site Christmas morning, but no more evidence was found.

&quot;There's a very good chance that any other remains there could have been scattered by animals,&quot; said Fey.

The exact cause of death is not being released, but the medical examiner has determined the bones belong to a man who did not die a natural death.

&quot;We're ruling it as a homicide. I can't get into a cause of death right now,&quot; Fey said.

The medical examiner says the victim is likely a white male between the ages of 18 and 30, who was killed sometime between 2002 and 2007.

But for investigators, that information doesn't narrow it down enough to identify the victim.

&quot;Right now we've got just under 30 cases that fit this demographic,&quot; said Fey.

Investigators are asking for the public's help. Anyone with information about the case should call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28435534/

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13386.msg1135118#msg1135118 date=1230758130]
    Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

Several electricians stumbled on the human bones on Christmas Eve.

&quot;They just started walking down a game trail, like a deer trail, and they just stumbled across the bones,&quot; said Officer Bob Fey with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

The area along Dixie River Road near Interstate 485 and Steele Creek Road was blocked off until officers and firefighters could search the 15-acre construction site Christmas morning, but no more evidence was found.

&quot;There's a very good chance that any other remains there could have been scattered by animals,&quot; said Fey.

The exact cause of death is not being released, but the medical examiner has determined the bones belong to a man who did not die a natural death.

&quot;We're ruling it as a homicide. I can't get into a cause of death right now,&quot; Fey said.

The medical examiner says the victim is likely a white male between the ages of 18 and 30, who was killed sometime between 2002 and 2007.

But for investigators, that information doesn't narrow it down enough to identify the victim.

&quot;Right now we've got just under 30 cases that fit this demographic,&quot; said Fey.

Investigators are asking for the public's help. Anyone with information about the case should call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28435534/
    [/quote]

Hmmm, wonder if there isn't a serial killer working the area?
    &quot;I caught sight of my reflection, I caught it in the window.&nbsp; I saw the darkness in my heart.&nbsp; I saw the signs of my undoing.&quot;

&quot;Police say human remains found near a construction site in southwest Charlotte belong to a murder victim, but not Kyle Fleischmann.&quot;

when i read an article about bones being found...that they belonged to a white male between 18-30 years old, and that this male had been dead longer than 1 year, but less than 5...i got cold chills. i immediately thought of Kyle. i was relieved to hear it wasn't. although his family has pretty much come to terms with their son being dead. i know it's devastating for them to not have any type of closure. :-(

[quote author=bleedingfingers link=topic=13386.msg1135144#msg1135144 date=1230759829]
    Hmmm, wonder if there isn't a serial killer working the area?
    [/quote]

i don't necessarily think it's a serial killer. it's just the demographics of the remains matched kyle's description.

I recently relocated to Charlotte -- had first heard about this case here on MDS -- and just saw an update in the local newspaper.&nbsp; Federal investigators are now involved here and are searching a construction site that was a vacant lot back when Kyle went missing.&nbsp; Not a lot of information has been shared as to why this particular site is being searched, but it is now an unfinished housing project.&nbsp; I hope that some clues are found, for his family's sake.

Site near uptown searched in Fleischmann case
    25-year-old disappeared after a night out in 2007.
    By Christopher D. Kirkpatrick
    ckirkpatrick@charlotteobserver.com
    Posted: Saturday, Mar. 07, 2009

Federal investigators and the lead Charlotte detective in the Kyle Fleischmann missing persons case oversaw a search of a construction site near uptown as residents watched and media helicopters buzzed overhead Friday.

The site at North Davidson and 16th streets is home to an unfinished housing project. But it was &quot;just a pile of dirt&quot; when Fleischmann went missing a year and a half ago, said Tarik Hameed, 31, who lives next to the search area.

The construction site is about a half-mile from where the 25-year-old Elon University graduate was last seen more than a year ago after a night of partying uptown.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Detective Johnnie Tuttle would not comment Friday at noon as teams using dogs roamed the construction site, about a block in size on the edge of the Belmont and Optimist Park neighborhoods.

Tuttle said he was just a guest of the U.S. Attorney's Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Those agencies were reportedly acting on a federally sealed search warrant. A representative on-site with the U.S. Attorney's Office would not comment on the search.

It's unclear why federal agencies might be involved in a local missing persons case.

Fleischmann has been missing since November 2007 after spending a Thursday night in uptown. Surveillance video shows he drank with friends at Buckhead Saloon. One by one his friends headed home until he was the last one left at the bar.

His disappearance sparked an intense search and private investigation spearheaded by the family.

Anyone with information can call CMPD detectives at 704-432-TIPS or Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/581950.html
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Kyle’s Story Re-featured on AMW this Saturday, December 12th, 2009

http://www.thekff.org/kyles-story-re-featured-on-amw-this-saturday-december-12th-2009/

Now that Kyle has been missing 2 years, the case has also been transferred from Missing Persons to the Homicide division.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/6589607/

I hope that the recent run on AMW provides some more clues to solving his disappearance.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

i really hope detectives can solve this case. i can't imagine never having answers to what happened to your child. it's pretty evident (and an assumption) that he's not alive. however, his family deserves answers and closure.

this is heartbreaking...the family posted this memorium in the local charlotte newspaper last november.&nbsp;

IN MEMORY OF
    Kyle Fleischmann
    9/24/1983 - 11/9/2007
    To live in the hearts we leave behind is not ever to die. Missing you every day, Love from Mom, Dad, Noelle, and Kurt
    Published in Charlotte Observer on November 9, 2009
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charlotte/obituary.aspx?n=kyle-fleischmann&amp;pid=135692636

older videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPgUDWjnNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pgtwCZDYvk

http://www.youtube.com/v/56b0SnY7Puw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;

Apparently this is a few miles from where Kyle went missing -

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police began a death investigation Wednesday afternoon after skeletal remains were found at a construction site.
    Police were called to the 2600 block of Bay Street in the Chantilly neighborhood around 3:30 p.m.
    Detectives are still working to officially determine if they bones are human. They plan to review missing person cases to identify the victim and figure out the cause of death.
    Anyone with information is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and ask to speak to a homicide decisive.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Bones...211304951.html

The skeletal remains discovered Wednesday at a construction site in Charlotte’s Chantilly neighborhood are those of a man who disappeared more than four years ago, police said Thursday afternoon.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say the bones were those of Jeffrey Hieronymus, who was 38 years old at the time of his disappearance. They said the medical examiner’s office ruled the cause of death to be suicide.

Officer Jessica Lawrence, a spokeswoman for CMPD, said the medical examiner’s office made the identification Thursday morning using dental records.

Hieronymus’ case had been listed in national databases for missing persons including the Charlotte-based Kristen Foundation.

Hieronymus disappeared early in the morning of Feb. 26, 2009, from his home on Chesterfield Drive in the Chantilly neighborhood. His girlfriend told police he had gone outside in the middle of the night to smoke a cigarette and was not seen again. The remains found Wednesday were about a block from where Hieronymus lived.

Lawrence said Thursday that CMPD conducted a number of searches for Hieronymus in 2009.

The remains were discovered about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday by a crew working on a sewer project along Briar Creek, in the 2600 block of Bay Street. That is in a neighborhood bordered by Independence Boulevard and Seventh Street, near the Elizabeth community.

It’s a quiet area of town, several residents said early Thursday morning.

“Word spread in a hurry last night, and it was really surprising,” said one woman, who was out with a neighbor early Thursday, walking their dogs. “It’s very unusual to have police activity around here.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The skeletal remains discovered Wednesday at a construction site in Charlotte’s Chantilly neighborhood are those of a man who disappeared more than four years ago, police said Thursday afternoon.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say the bones were those of Jeffrey Hieronymus, who was 38 years old at the time of his disappearance. They said the medical examiner’s office ruled the cause of death to be suicide.

Officer Jessica Lawrence, a spokeswoman for CMPD, said the medical examiner’s office made the identification Thursday morning using dental records.

Hieronymus’ case had been listed in national databases for missing persons including the Charlotte-based Kristen Foundation.

Hieronymus disappeared early in the morning of Feb. 26, 2009, from his home on Chesterfield Drive in the Chantilly neighborhood. His girlfriend told police he had gone outside in the middle of the night to smoke a cigarette and was not seen again. The remains found Wednesday were about a block from where Hieronymus lived.

Lawrence said Thursday that CMPD conducted a number of searches for Hieronymus in 2009.

The remains were discovered about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday by a crew working on a sewer project along Briar Creek, in the 2600 block of Bay Street. That is in a neighborhood bordered by Independence Boulevard and Seventh Street, near the Elizabeth community.

It’s a quiet area of town, several residents said early Thursday morning.

“Word spread in a hurry last night, and it was really surprising,” said one woman, who was out with a neighbor early Thursday, walking their dogs. “It’s very unusual to have police activity around here.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    I think you meant to post this in the Jeffrey Hieronymus thread...funny cuz I was just in that thread before I clicked on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I actually meant it for this thread - it was a follow up to the earlier post id made about the skeletal remains. I should have given a bit of an intro.

Thread Information