Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brian Shaffer - Missing since 1 April 2006

Olivia

Brian Shaffer - Missing since 1 April 2006

http://www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/index.html

This was his girlfriend at the time - she has some interesting blogs.  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =53259300 

It's sad but not unexpected that she has a new boyfriend.  It's so sad that life moves on and so many people are lost.

Re: Brian Shaffer - Missing since 1 April 2006

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13373.msg774602#msg774602 date=1206025196]
    http://www.myspace.com/sleepinggiant

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/index.html

This was his girlfriend at the time - she has some interesting blogs.  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =53259300 

It's sad but not unexpected that she has a new boyfriend.  It's so sad that life moves on and so many people are lost.

[/quote]

It must be hard to move on too.  It must be difficult when someone just vanishes.  Never knowing what actually happened to them.

Olivia

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=13373.msg774625#msg774625 date=1206026849]
    It must be hard to move on too.  It must be difficult when someone just vanishes.  Never knowing what actually happened to them.
    [/quote]

She must feel so guilty - which she shouldn't but it's just a natural instinct.

Brian disappeared after leaving a bar.  I think it could go either way with him - he could have left of his own accord or met foul play.  His mother had recently passeda way and he was depressed about that but he had a promising medical career.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13373.msg774628#msg774628 date=1206027057]
    She must feel so guilty - which she shouldn't but it's just a natural instinct.

Brian disappeared after leaving a bar.  I think it could go either way with him - he could have left of his own accord or met foul play.  His mother had recently passeda way and he was depressed about that but he had a promising medical career.
    [/quote]

I'd wondered about his mother as I saw that the blood drive was in both of their honours.  It just seems incredible that someone can be there one minute and gone the next.

I'm glad Alexis has moved on and is with someone new.  She obviously still cares as she has a lot of things on her myspace about Brian but good for her for getting on with life.

This is one mystery that may never be solved....on one hand I'm sure that Brian was depressed because of his mothers death and I first thought suicide...then I thought about it and this guy had to much to live for..excellent career..a doctor for goodness sake...not a lot of school left either..a pretty girl friend that adored him..but he seemed to not be so interested in becoming a doctor, in fact he really wanted "music" to be his real focus..I do hope that they find out what happened to this guy soon ....anyone have updates on leads?

Olivia

This is the latest I think

There was a search for Brian Shaffer

The March 16 2008 search brought in no new clues.

-------------
    FUTURE EVENTS

Blood Drive & Candlelight Vigil - March 29th

Columbus, OH

BLOOD DRIVE

A blood drive will be held on Saturday, March 29th at the Kroger’s in Grandview - 1375 Chambers Road - from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. This blood drive will be held in honor of Brian and Renee (Brian’s mom) - both who were dedicated to the medical community.

CANDLELIGHT VIGIL:

A candlelight vigil will be held on Saturday, March 29th at 7 p.m. The vigil will remember Brian, who will be missing 2 years on April 1st. The vigil will be held at the Courtyard outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona located at 1546 N. High Street.

:-( I remember seeing his story on E! True Hollywood Story. I think it was the Spring Break nightmares one, not for certain though. I thought they were engaged or they were about to get engaged though. I could have it confused with another one of the stories they aired. :? Hope they find him soon.

Olivia

A vigil was held on Saturday night for family and friends to remember missing OSU medical student, Brian Shaffer.

Shaffer was last seen on April 1, 2006 at the Ugly Tuna Saloona, an off-campus bar, 10TV News reported.

Surveillance video captured Shaffer going up a set of escalaters into the bar.

The vigil was to be held at 7:00 p.m. outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona., 10TV News reported.

The Kroger supermarket located on Chambers Road in Grandview also held a blood drive in Shaffer's name. All donations went to help the American Red Cross. 

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/03/29/Vigil_for_Brian_Shaffer.html?sid=102

Olivia

Bittersweet article here.

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2008/04/01/Campus/Moving.On.From.Lost.Love-3294991.shtml

Her brother, 24-year-old Ryan Waggoner, said there have been several milestones in his sister's path to recovery throughout the past two years - including throwing away what he and his father called 'the Brian shrine', which contained photos and personal items Alexis had collected.

"She cleaned her room one day and got rid of a lot of stuff. She went over the Brian shrine and just took it down with no emotions, no crying," Ryan said. "She was just ready to part with it. That was a good day."

"Alexis will embark on a new adventure.

"It does seem like being at OSU, and being around all the places he and I were together at the time, it is a little bit of a closure again," she said.

"And it's absolutely the closing of a chapter.""

but...what happened to him?...darn..I sure wish that they could find out..dead or alive...and how....I kind of wondered about Brian and this girls real relationship anyway...he seemed to be a type of loner...he was out for the night..drinking with buds..flirting with several girls...I wonder if she really even knew the real Brian Shaffer..but this man was really incredibly handsome..I will say that !!....he could have had any lady he wanted !!!

I had sorta lost track of this one. GF Lexie used to post on the CTV boards. I'm glad she was able to move on because it was almost painful to read some of her stuff and made me wonder if she ever would. She trusted him completely but was holding out hope that he had disappeared on his own for some reason and would eventually turn up.

The thread is here if anyone is interested. She posted as Lexie81.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?s=6c2491e1e95798024bf501a39485f506& amp;threadid=268402&perpage=40&highlight=b rian%20shaffer&pagenumber=1
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I wonder if they ever got a lie detector test done on the guys that went out with Brian that night?...something doesn't really add up to them...they should have been very supportive with the police...does anyone know if they did?...

[quote author=cathiesbloggs link=topic=13373.msg795498#msg795498 date=1207278944]
    I wonder if they ever got a lie detector test done on the guys that went out with Brian that night?...something doesn't really add up to them...they should have been very supportive with the police...does anyone know if they did?...
    [/quote]

This is what Lexie had to say about that.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?s=6e0bb652e8bc67e449c7b11a6fd60169& amp;threadid=268402&perpage=40&highlight=b rian%20shaffer&pagenumber=2

"As far as the polygraph tests and the people Brian was with that night, I will only say that I wish everyone would be ready and willing to do everything they can to help us find Brian by providing all the information they know. After six months, I still think someone has to know something and whoever that is, I wish they would come forward to give me, Brian's family, and if the worst has happened, give Brian some peace."

There has always been something that seemed a bit hinky about the friends. They didn't seem to be cooperative or forthcoming. I'm not sure if they ever finally agreed to the polygraph or not. I can't really judge them based on that, though, because polygraphs scare the hell out of me and I'm not sure I would ever take one, even if I was innocent. Most attorneys advise against taking one, I think.

Most people do all they can to help the police right at the start..while everything is still fresh in their minds...now after so much time has lapsed it might not be so easy to remember every detail so detailed...I just wish for his families sake, they would find him..if he is alive or deceased...this man was so handsome...almost like a tv star..I am sure that some of his "guy" friends may have even felt intimidated by him to some degree, not to say they would do anything to hurt him...he appeared to be a really likable man..almost like the "doctor" part in his life wasn't something he really desired to do..but many people like to do a lot of different things in life.....he just seemed a little "different" I suppose...more "bored" perhaps with his profession that he had chosen in life...

Olivia

This is so sad.

The father of missing Ohio State student Brian Shaffer was killed Sunday night after a tree fell on him outside his home.

Randy Shaffer was heading out at about 6 p.m. when a tree was blown over and fell on top of him, 10TV News reported.

A neighbor found Randy Shaffer's body on Monday morning, 10TV News reported.

No other details were immediately available.

Randy Shaffer spent the last two years finding information about his son, Brian, who disappeared on April 1, 2006, at the Ugly Tuna Saloona, located near the Ohio State campus.

Brian Shaffer, a second-year medical student at Ohio State, went to the bar to celebrate the beginning of spring break with several of his friends when he disappeared.

Randy Shaffer's wife died of cancer a month before Brian's disappearance.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/09/15/story_shaffer_killed.html?sid=102

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13373.msg1006982#msg1006982 date=1221517562]
    This is so sad.

The father of missing Ohio State student Brian Shaffer was killed Sunday night after a tree fell on him outside his home.

Randy Shaffer was heading out at about 6 p.m. when a tree was blown over and fell on top of him, 10TV News reported.

Randy Shaffer spent the last two years finding information about his son, Brian, who disappeared on April 1, 2006, at the Ugly Tuna Saloona, located near the Ohio State campus.

Brian Shaffer, a second-year medical student at Ohio State, went to the bar to celebrate the beginning of spring break with several of his friends when he disappeared.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/09/15/story_shaffer_killed.html?sid=102
    [/quote]

That is sad.  That poor family and their friends have already been through so much

RIP Randy

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=13373.msg1006990#msg1006990 date=1221517795]
    That is sad.  That poor family and their friends have already been through so much

RIP Randy
    [/quote]

So if Brian does ever turn up, he hasn't got his mother or father too come back too. Thats really sad.

Thanks for finding/posting that tho, Olivia

r.i.p Randy

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=13373.msg1007004#msg1007004 date=1221518747]

So if Brian does ever turn up, he hasn't got his mother or father too come back too. Thats really sad.

Thanks for finding/posting that tho, Olivia

r.i.p Randy
    [/quote]

and Randy died never knowing what had happened to his son.  Such a tragic story

Olivia

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=13373.msg1007016#msg1007016 date=1221519414]
    and Randy died never knowing what had happened to his son.  Such a tragic story
    [/quote]

Hopefully he knows now. 

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Oh wow. Still no leads on this one? I remember hearing about his disappearance when it first happened... the whole being at the bar, then just completely vanishing into thin air. It's really so sad that they haven't been able to find any leads at all.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13373.msg1006982#msg1006982 date=1221517562]
    This is so sad.

[/quote]

OMG that's terrible! RIP Randy.

Olivia

I just read that Brian has a brother.  So that poor man has lost his mother, father and brother in the space of about 3 years.  It's amazing what people can bear with.

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=13373.msg1007078#msg1007078 date=1221521526]
    I just read that Brian has a brother.  So that poor man has lost his mother, father and brother in the space of about 3 years.  It's amazing what people can bear with.
    [/quote]

How unbelievably sad 

Wow, his poor brother. 

I have read about this case s bunch of times, the serial killer theory, etc.  It's just such a sad situation all the way around

[quote author=KRSandtheBlkParade link=topic=13373.msg1019926#msg1019926 date=1222496708]
    Wow, his poor brother. 

I have read about this case s bunch of times, the serial killer theory, etc.  It's just such a sad situation all the way around
    [/quote]

OMG where have you been??  :-)
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information