Thread: Crystal Fox - missing since 30 December 2008. Car found at Golden Gate bridge

Olivia

Crystal Fox - missing since 30 December 2008. Car found at Golden Gate bridge

http://www.myspace.com/crystalannfox

From her myspace

My 29 year old daughter is missing in California. She missed her Mom's birthday which never happens. Xmas might come and go but My wife's birthday she never missed. we received a call on January 7th from Sacramento that her car a 1996 toyota Tercel had been found abandoned in a parking area next to the Golden Gate bridge on or about the 30th of December.She had like many others lost her job and I find out now had been selling her pocessions and had ended a relationship.She had been living on her own for close to 6 years. She never asked for help. I have a Myspace webPage set up for her. If you can help please link to it or pass it on to as many contacts as you can. She has lived in California Sacramento area middletown pennsylvania.She spent most of her life in South Florida Tamarac. She was a graduate of Taravella high School. Her Myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/crystalannfox Missing: Name: Crystal Ann Fox Date Of Birth: 12-8-1979 Date Missing: 12-30-08 Age: 29 Female Adult Race: Caucasian Height: 5’7” Weight: 110 lbs Hair Color: Blonde/ Red Light complexion Identifying Characteristics: Left eyebrow & tongue pierced. Multiple earring piercing. Clothing: Grey old navy sweatshirt, Jeans.Possibly..Not sure Contact: Golden Gate Park Police (415)-561-5510 Report #09-209 Or Contact: frank_fox01@yahoo.com

Re: Crystal Fox - missing since 30 December 2008. Car found at Golden Gate bridge

I hate to say it, but she probably jumped...
    :-(
    Scumbag, stop stalking me through the interwebs.

Re: Crystal Fox - missing since 30 December 2008. Car found at Golden Gate bridge

this isn't rocket science. she's not missing, she jumped.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Olivia

I disagree.  My theory is that she is working as a nanny for brangelina

jumper.  horrible.

i just watched a documentary called The Bridge, about suicides and the golden gate bridge.  it was soooooooo creepy watching all these people in their last desperate moments.  they interview the families of people who have jumped, you get to know a little about them...etc.  throughout the entire film though, they keep going back to this one guy with long black hair.  he must have spent an entire day on the bridge....and at the end of the film, they show him jump off.  it was really sad.

1. Lost her job
    2. Sold her posessions
    3. Ended a relationship
    4. Car found on Golden Gate Bridge

I feel so bad for her parents.  That's some hard core denial.  I don't blame them but really feel bad reading this.

RIP Crystal

Were the cameras used in the documentary "The Bridge" only for the purposes of the documentary?  I wonder if there are surveillance cameras of the bridge set up; if there are, then perhaps her parents can appeal to the powers that be in SF to check the footage for the day(s) in question to see if they can spot her.  At least then they'd pretty much have definitive proof of what happened to her. 

BTW, "The Bridge" - AWESOME flick!

[quote author=MorbidlyLovely link=topic=20569.msg1342275#msg1342275 date=1248343580]
    Were the cameras used in the documentary "The Bridge" only for the purposes of the documentary?  I wonder if there are surveillance cameras of the bridge set up; if there are, then perhaps her parents can appeal to the powers that be in SF to check the footage for the day(s) in question to see if they can spot her.  At least then they'd pretty much have definitive proof of what happened to her. 

BTW, "The Bridge" - AWESOME flick!
    [/quote]

i'm not sure, but i got the impression they were just set up for the documentary.  i thought though, at some point in the film they talked about how police regularly patrol the pedestrian walk, and are always pulling people back over the railing.

[quote author=portia link=topic=20569.msg1343481#msg1343481 date=1248458242]
    i'm not sure, but i got the impression they were just set up for the documentary.  i thought though, at some point in the film they talked about how police regularly patrol the pedestrian walk, and are always pulling people back over the railing.
    [/quote]

No, the filmmaker lied to bridge authorities, said he just wanted to put camera's on the bridge to show the beauty of the seasons, or something.
    It's one of the controversies of this film, actually, was that he lied to get it made.

Here:
    ...caused significant controversy when bridge officials charged Steel with misleading them about his intentions. He secured a permit to film the bridge for months and captured 23 of 24 known suicides which took place during the filming phase of the project. In his permit application to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, a government agency that does not have any jurisdiction over the bridge but that does manage nearby park areas, Steel said he intended "to capture the powerful, spectacular intersection of monument and nature that takes place every day at the Golden Gate Bridge\'.

[quote author=deathbecomesme link=topic=20569.msg1346590#msg1346590 date=1248762033]
    No, the filmmaker lied to bridge authorities, said he just wanted to put camera's on the bridge to show the beauty of the seasons, or something.
    It's one of the controversies of this film, actually, was that he lied to get it made.

Here:
    ...caused significant controversy when bridge officials charged Steel with misleading them about his intentions. He secured a permit to film the bridge for months and captured 23 of 24 known suicides which took place during the filming phase of the project. In his permit application to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, a government agency that does not have any jurisdiction over the bridge but that does manage nearby park areas, Steel said he intended "to capture the powerful, spectacular intersection of monument and nature that takes place every day at the Golden Gate Bridge\'.
    [/quote]

right.  regardless of why the cameras were permitted by officials, in the end the footage was used for the sole purpose of the documentary....which was MorbidlyLovely's question in the first place.

it's interesting that he lied to get the cameras there though.  i can remember flipping out after the opening suicide, telling frank, "holy crap, it's amazing they had access to this footage!"

Thread Information