Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Nelson (21) has been missing since Sept. 1 2006

Clinton Nelson (21) has been missing since Sept. 1 2006

Spearfish, SD native missing after moving to Louisiana

SPEARFISH -- A Spearfish native who recently moved to Louisiana has been missing for over a month and his mother is asking for the public’s help in locating him.

Clinton Nelson, 21, has been missing since Sept. 1, according to his mother, Carolyn Johnson of Spearfish.

He was last seen in Haughton, La. Anyone who knows anything about his disappearance is urged to contact Detective Randy Towery from the Bossier (La.) Sheriff’s Office at 318-965-3418 or Detective Darren Pednoe of the Spearfish Police Department at 642-1305.

Johnson said Nelson disappeared after leaving a friend’s house in a suburb of Haughton, La. on Sept. 1.

Nelson called his mother’s cousin for a ride, Johnson said, and after her cousin said she couldn’t give Nelson a ride, he started walking.

“He told my cousin he was going to walk home, (and) he took off walking. No one has seen or heard from him again,” Johnson said.

Nelson attended Spearfish High School and Believers Fellowship Academy in Sturgis. He lived in South Dakota for his entire life before moving to Louisiana about six months ago, Johnson said.

Nelson’s mother said he had been working in Louisiana on an oil rig, a job he enjoyed.

“He loved his job. He just found out he’d gotten a promotion, and they were moving him to Arkansas.”

She said Nelson seemingly had no reason to run away or to cut contact from his friends and relatives.

“He’s always been one for staying in touch with friends and family,” Johnson said.

Nelson also had left a $2,000 paycheck at his house in Haughton, La., which she said is something he probably would have wanted to take with him if he were to have taken off on his own.

In addition, his cell phone records were subpoenaed and showed no outgoing or incoming calls since Sept. 1.

Johnson said police have searched for Nelson with cadaver dogs and have “questioned everyone they can come up with,” without finding anyone who has talked to him since he disappeared.

He is classified as a missing person because no physical evidence has been found that indicates foul play, Johnson said, although authorities are classifying the case as “suspicious.”

Nelson is also listed on the National Center for Missing Adults Web site as an “endangered missing adult” at http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/

Nelson is 6 feet, 1 inch tall, weights 160 pounds and has blonde hair, blue eyes and wire-framed brown glasses. He was last seen wearing a black Echo t-shirt, blue jeans, white DC tennis shoes with a red stripe and had stitches on his collarbone from an accident at work, Johnson said.

Johnson said that if Nelson were to contact anyone, it would probably be his sister, Tarah Nelson-Johnson.

“If Clinton left voluntarily I think the one person he’ll try to contact is his sister, Tarah,” Johnson said, adding that she wants to get the message out that “his sister Tarah misses him and loves him and is anxious to hear from him.”

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =104569851

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =320414556

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Re: Clinton Nelson (21) has been missing since Sept. 1 2006

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20081108/NEWS01/811080334/1060

Parents plea for help in finding missing man
    Family offers $15,000 for information on Clinton Nelson
    By Loresha Wilson • ljwilson@gannett.com • November 8, 2008 2:00 am

The parents of a missing 23-year-old Haughton man are asking the public to help in a search to find him.

Texas EquuSearch, a mounted horse patrol group, will lead a search for Clinton Nelson today and Sunday between Princeton Road and Ward Lane, and Jeff Mason begs for volunteers to help find his son.

"It's more of just opening old wounds," Mason said. "But I'm hoping to get some closure. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's just tough."

Nelson, who was 21 at the time, was last seen visiting friends at a Princeton house Sept. 1, 2006. He left a $2,000 paycheck and had no transportation, credit cards or financial means other than maybe a few dollars. He had recently moved from South Dakota to the Haughton area to stay with his father.

Bossier sheriff's Capt. Doyle Dempsey said detectives continue to investigate Nelson's disappearance, but it's unusual. There's no evidence of foul play and nothing in his background that explains why he's missing.

"We have talked to people in the area and all witnesses have been interviewed," Dempsey said. "We have no evidence at this point that a crime has been committed. Witnesses say he walked outside, and they expected him to come back inside but he never did."

Authorities on several occasions thoroughly searched the area where Nelson was seen last and have come up with nothing.

There isn't new information on Nelson's whereabouts. EquuSearch specializes in searches using horses, and authorities want to continue looking for the missing man.

Officials will meet at the Bossier Parish Fire District 1 Substation at the corner of state Highways 157 and 80 at 8 a.m. They will search a six-mile area near the home of Nelson's friend.

"I wake up every morning hoping to get some answers," Mason said. "It's just hard on the whole family."

The family is offering a $15,000 reward to anyone with information about Nelson's whereabouts. If you know something, call the Bossier sheriff's office at (318) 965-2203

I saw this on a forum too-

From Sep 2006

http://www.bossierpress.com/index.ph...20&Ite mid=66

Written by Theresa Gardner
    Friday, 22 September 2006
    Haughton man has been missing since Sept. 1

The mother of a missing Haughton man says he was diagnosed with a heart condition days before he came up missing and fears for his life. Bossier Sheriff’s deputies continue to search despite the fact that they have had no real leads to go on. Carolyn Johnson says she prays for her son’s safe return, but has no idea why 21-year-old Clinton Nelson hasn’t been seen or heard from since Sept. 1.

“We have received some calls about Clint Nelson and our detectives have followed up on them, but, so far, nothing has panned out,” said Ed Baswell, public information officer with the Bossier Sheriff’s Office. “We are basically back to square one.”

She is not sure, but believes he might be on some medication for his wound and possibly for his heart condition. “I just want Clint to know that I love him and want him to come home safely,” she said. “We don’t know what the circumstances are, but we just want you to come home.”

Just a thought but-- did he make his Myspace a few days before he disappeared? I mean, the last time he signed in was two days before he disappeared, and it looks pretty new-- no comments until after he went missing.  If he went willingly, maybe he put it up so they would have that to remember him by? It's a stretch, but it occurred to me and I thought I'd say something about it.  I'm not sure many people would have thought of Myspace as something to "leave behind" back in 2006, though.

[quote author=SignoraAly link=topic=13369.msg1098491#msg1098491 date=1227991315]
    Just a thought but-- did he make his Myspace a few days before he disappeared? I mean, the last time he signed in was two days before he disappeared, and it looks pretty new-- no comments until after he went missing.  If he went willingly, maybe he put it up so they would have that to remember him by? It's a stretch, but it occurred to me and I thought I'd say something about it.  I'm not sure many people would have thought of Myspace as something to "leave behind" back in 2006, though.
    [/quote]He had just moved away from home and his sister helped him set it up so he'd have an easy way to keep in touch with folks back home. 
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

[quote author=SignoraAly link=topic=13369.msg1098491#msg1098491 date=1227991315]
    [/quote]

Sign: Leo

City: Haughton
    State: LOUISIANA
    [glow=yellow,2,300]
    Signup Date: 08/26/06 [/glow]
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=13369.msg1098610#msg1098610 date=1228000382]

[glow=yellow,2,300]
    [/quote]
    Hmmm. That's interesting, but it's gotta be a coincidence, right? He was about to get promoted and had $2k at home. I think the walk was too much for him (due to his heart condition) or someone grabbed him. He seemed to have everything to live for. Unless he just couldn't deal with life "on the outside." I was doing some research earlier and saw elsewhere that he'd recently been released from prison.

[/quote]

I am Clinton's mom.  Thank you for taking an interst in my son's case.  Clinton had just created a myspace page because his little sister asked him to.  He was hurt at work and so he was only allowed to work in the office and not on the rig durring his recovery.  He had a few minutes to set up the my space page but did not even have a chance to update of add people. The page was setup up on 8/28/06 and he disappeared on 9/1/2006. Let me know if you have any questions. 

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=13369.msg1098602#msg1098602 date=1227999742]
    He had just moved away from home and his sister helped him set it up so he'd have an easy way to keep in touch with folks back home. 
    [/quote]

Thank you.  Your info is exactly right! 

Clinton's Mom

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=13369.msg1098610#msg1098610 date=1228000382]

[glow=yellow,2,300]
    [/quote]

Thank you - Clinton only had access to a computer at work.  Not at home.  Normally he could not use at work but he was injured and covering the office.

Thanks
    Clinton's Mom

[quote author=sue_vicious link=topic=13369.msg1098619#msg1098619 date=1228001273]
    Hmmm. That's interesting, but it's gotta be a coincidence, right? He was about to get promoted and had $2k at home. I think the walk was too much for him (due to his heart condition) or someone grabbed him. He seemed to have everything to live for. Unless he just couldn't deal with life "on the outside." I was doing some research earlier and saw elsewhere that he'd recently been released from prison.
    [/quote]

Clinton was on probation as a juvenile for various behavior problems and petty stuff (nothing violent) some experimentation with drugs and alcohol.  We let him take his hard knocks thinking it was better for him to get in trouble as a juvenile instead of an adult.  When he was 19 he got a DUI, but because he was on probation he was sentenced to 6 months in the state pen.  He also had a supended imposition which meant his record would have been sealed once everything was done.  He was showing all of the signs of growing up and was very proud off his job and the money he was making.  I don't believe he disappeared of his own free will.  He either died that night and was disposed of by others or he was beaten, robbed, and disposed of.  Both of these have been leads that have come in over and over again....

Thansk
    Clinton's mom

[quote author=find-clinton link=topic=13369.msg1169948#msg1169948 date=1233342529]
    Clinton was on probation as a juvenile for various behavior problems and petty stuff (nothing violent) some experimentation with drugs and alcohol.  We let him take his hard knocks thinking it was better for him to get in trouble as a juvenile instead of an adult.  When he was 19 he got a DUI, but because he was on probation he was sentenced to 6 months in the state pen.  He also had a supended imposition which meant his record would have been sealed once everything was done.  He was showing all of the signs of growing up and was very proud off his job and the money he was making.  I don't believe he disappeared of his own free will.  He either died that night and was disposed of by others or he was beaten, robbed, and disposed of.  Both of these have been leads that have come in over and over again....

Thansk
    Clinton's mom
    [/quote]

I'm sorry about your loss.

Did the police ever suspect foul play?  Did he have any enemies?  Any problems with co-workers?  Etc.?
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

[quote author=find-clinton link=topic=13369.msg1169933#msg1169933 date=1233341787]
    I am Clinton's mom.  Thank you for taking an interst in my son's case.  Clinton had just created a myspace page because his little sister asked him to.  He was hurt at work and so he was only allowed to work in the office and not on the rig durring his recovery.  He had a few minutes to set up the my space page but did not even have a chance to update of add people. The page was setup up on 8/28/06 and he disappeared on 9/1/2006. Let me know if you have any questions. 
    [/quote]

Hi Clinton's mom, I'm so sorry you have to go through having a missing child.  And thank you (and thank puzzld) for clearing up the date of the real reason Clinton set up the page.

If I can ask, how far was the distance between the friend's house he left and the destination he was heading?

[quote author=find-clinton link=topic=13369.msg1169933#msg1169933 date=1233341787]
    [/quote]
    I have been thinking about Clinton for a long time.  (I'm from Rapid) so I read about his disappearance in the local paper.  I had hoped that it was a case of no news is good news, but apparently not.  I hope you and your family find Clinton one day soon.  It has got to be so hard for all of you.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=13369.msg1170017#msg1170017 date=1233345380]
    I'm sorry about your loss.

Did the police ever suspect foul play?  Did he have any enemies?  Any problems with co-workers?  Etc.?
    [/quote]

Yes LE has told me they suspect foul play.  They have named suspects but as of now there is nothing confirmed.  He had only been on the job for about 3 months and he had only been in Louisiana for about 5 months.  Depending on when you talk to LE they seem to change between believing it is foul play and accidental (heart condition, snake bite, etc)

[quote author=SignoraAly link=topic=13369.msg1170531#msg1170531 date=1233377739]
    Hi Clinton's mom, I'm so sorry you have to go through having a missing child.  And thank you (and thank puzzld) for clearing up the date of the real reason Clinton set up the page.

If I can ask, how far was the distance between the friend's house he left and the destination he was heading?
    [/quote]

Thank you.  I do appreciate all of you for seeking answers.  I also appreciate those that seek answers without judging.  Don't get me wrong...obviously my son made some bad choices in his life.  He also accepted the concequenses.  I am unsure if this situation is because of a bad choice or if he was naive enough to believe he could trust people in LA, like he could at home in South Dakota.  It is about 9.5 miles from the house where the party was to where he was living.  I am inclined to believe he would not have tried to walk home unless he was scared and ran.  He was injured at work and had stitches in his collar bone, three fractured ribs, and his arm was sprained.

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=13369.msg1171141#msg1171141 date=1233463844]
    I have been thinking about Clinton for a long time.  (I'm from Rapid) so I read about his disappearance in the local paper.  I had hoped that it was a case of no news is good news, but apparently not.  I hope you and your family find Clinton one day soon.  It has got to be so hard for all of you.
    [/quote]

Thanks puzzled for clearing up and answering questions on my son's behalf.  I too hope and pray no news is good news.  Unfortunately my gut says that is not the case.  I believe my son met with foul play!  I also think he should have been found by now.  It has been 29 months today!  Please feel free to stay in touch.  I live in Spearfish and I work in Rapid.

[quote author=find-clinton link=topic=13369.msg1171414#msg1171414 date=1233510251]
    Thank you.  I do appreciate all of you for seeking answers.  I also appreciate those that seek answers without judging.  Don't get me wrong...obviously my son made some bad choices in his life.  He also accepted the concequenses.  I am unsure if this situation is because of a bad choice or if he was naive enough to believe he could trust people in LA, like he could at home in South Dakota.  It is about 9.5 miles from the house where the party was to where he was living.  I am inclined to believe he would not have tried to walk home unless he was scared and ran.  He was injured at work and had stitches in his collar bone, three fractured ribs, and his arm was sprained.
    [/quote]

Oh yeah, I imagine someone wouldn't want to walk 9.5 miles with all those injuries; so he probably started walking to get a head start and assumed that he would be able to find someone to drive him? And then when your cousin couldn't drive him, he figured he had started walking, he might as well keep going?

Also, was Clinton upset about his heart condition diagnosis? Did anyone at the friend's house he left go out looking for him when they noticed he hadn't come back?

And-- if it was something natural, like succumbing to his heart condition or a snake bite, would it have been fairly easy to find him?

(Sorry for so many questions!)

[quote author=SignoraAly link=topic=13369.msg1173018#msg1173018 date=1233694611]
    Oh yeah, I imagine someone wouldn't want to walk 9.5 miles with all those injuries; so he probably started walking to get a head start and assumed that he would be able to find someone to drive him? And then when your cousin couldn't drive him, he figured he had started walking, he might as well keep going?

Also, was Clinton upset about his heart condition diagnosis? Did anyone at the friend's house he left go out looking for him when they noticed he hadn't come back?

And-- if it was something natural, like succumbing to his heart condition or a snake bite, would it have been fairly easy to find him?

(Sorry for so many questions!)
    [/quote]
    I would assume if Clinton started walking he may have tried to hitch a ride as I know he had done this before.  Even though I asked him not to. 

I don't know what his feeling were on the heart condition as he did not tell me about it.  The ER doc had referred him to another doctor and he would have just found out.  He was already injured.  I am guessing he was trying not to worry me more until he knew more about what was going on.

I do think he should have been found if it was some kind of accident.  The area has been searched numerous times and he has not been located. 

Don't worry about asking questions...if I can answer them I will. 

Thanks
    Clinton's Mom

I hadn't thought of hitchhiking.  Have there been any leads/suspects?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=find-clinton link=topic=13369.msg1176677#msg1176677 date=1233943148]
    I would assume if Clinton started walking he may have tried to hitch a ride as I know he had done this before.  Even though I asked him not to. 

I don't know what his feeling were on the heart condition as he did not tell me about it.  The ER doc had referred him to another doctor and he would have just found out.  He was already injured.  I am guessing he was trying not to worry me more until he knew more about what was going on.

I do think he should have been found if it was some kind of accident.  The area has been searched numerous times and he has not been located. 

Don't worry about asking questions...if I can answer them I will. 

Thanks
    Clinton's Mom
    [/quote]

hi, clinton's mom.  thanks for coming on here and being so open with us.  i'm so sorry for all you've been through, and i hope that your sons case is solved soon. i can only imagine how frustrating this is for you.  i really think that someone, somewhere, has to know something. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=SignoraAly link=topic=13369.msg1182540#msg1182540 date=1234406560]
    I hadn't thought of hitchhiking.  Have there been any leads/suspects?
    [/quote]

None that I know of although there are a number of missing person's from that area.  Some under very similar circumstances.  I do know that the area between Houston Texas and Shreveport LA has beed dubbed the dead zone as there are more missing person's and unsolved deaths in that area than any other area in the country.  There are several majory highways or insterstate connecting a lot of remote areas.  There have been three serial killers caught in the Shreveport area in recent years.  If Clinton hitchhiked, anything could have happened.  The difficult part is that I don't see my son ever disappearing of his own free will.  I could see him being scared or afraid of something and maybe making a bad decision, but it would have been short term.... as he was close to his family and friends and he would never just walk away from his life.  I lean toward either he was beaten and robbed and disposed of or some "family member" decided he was not wanted there.  His step mom did not want him there and his biological father told her he was filing for divorce and he and Clinton had been looking at houses and apartments to rent together.  His father had told me he lost his son once he was not going to lose him again and would not allow his wife to continue treating him the was she was treating him.  I also know he had a problem with the step mom's brother and he made a boyfriend of his stepsister mad as the boy friend was being abusive to Clinton's step sister and he stuck up for her and intervened on her behalf.  Clinton was generally pasive but he was known to stick up for the underdog.

Thanks
    Carolyn

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=13369.msg1182571#msg1182571 date=1234407355]
    hi, clinton's mom.  thanks for coming on here and being so open with us.  i'm so sorry for all you've been through, and i hope that your sons case is solved soon. i can only imagine how frustrating this is for you.  i really think that someone, somewhere, has to know something.   
    [/quote]

Frustrating does not even begin to touch the emotions that my family has experienced...
    I agree with you....someone knows what happened to him.  As far as being open, my son was not perfect he made bad choices just as we all do sometimes.  He was a loving and caring man and he went to Louisiana to find the father he did not know.  I don't think I did an adequate job of preparing him for life outside of Spearfish South Dakota.  If my son was some how in the wrong than I would expect for him to take the concequenses as we have always tried to teach our kids to be accountable for thier actions.  However, my son also knows he is loved and that I/we would never give up on him.  Mistakes happen, bad choices make for concequenses....if there was some kind of bad choice on his part, I pray he did not pay the ultimate concequense!  I will not stop until I find out what happened to my son.  Thank you for your compassion and kindness.

Blessings
    Carolyn

reposting this from find-clinton's myspace in hopes that someone involved or someone who knows something sees it.

A Message From Carolyn Johnson, Mother of Clinton Nelson

September 1st, 2009

To all of those who have tried to help our family find out what happened to Clinton. I want to say thank you! We have been blessed over the last three years. We have met so many people that have been real blessings to our family.

I am writing this to the person or person’s that are responsible for the disappearance of my son. My son Clinton Devon Nelson – disappeared on September 1 2006. I will never forget how terrifying those words were when I first heard them “Clinton is missing”. I know that for weeks, I felt like I was jumping out of my skin everytime the phone rang. As terrible as those words were – I could never have imagined that we would still be going through this 3 years later! The sad part is that we don’t have any more answers today than we had then….we only have more questions. We have done a total of four searches. I have heard every theory from his death was accidental to his death involves foul play. I have gone door to door asking questions. We have followed up on every lead. Everyone, including law enforcement seems to agree that in all likelyhood, my boy is dead. I have heard so many horrifying rumors, with no way of knowing what is real and what is not! Here is what I know – I will not stop looking for answers about what has happened to my son! I am learning to live with my new normal – my broken heart is healing and will always show the scars. I don’t know why this happened…I don’t know exactly what happened. I know that when God wants me to know…I will know! I know that God can forgive anything, and I pray that the person(s) responsible for the loss of my son – will be forgiven! I pray for your souls! Even if I am not meant to know what happened in my life time, even if those that are responsible for our loss are never held responsible for your involvement in my son’s disappearance….you will not escape the consequences of your actions in the end. My question for you…would you prefer to accept responsibility for your actions on this earth….or for all eternity?

To those of you that know the person(s) responsible, you have an opportunity! We are offering a $25,000 reward for the location of my son’s remains and the arrest of the person(s) responsible. I ask you to look at the person you love the most…how would you feel if that person was taken from you? How would you feel if you were never allowed to say good bye? How would you feel if you were never allowed to give your lost loved one a proper burial? If the thought of this is terrifying you…than I beg you to come forward with the information we need to hold the person(s) responsible for the loss of our son! You can contact me at find-clinton@hotmail.com or you can contact law enforcement at 318-965-2203 or America’s Most Wanted at 1-800-CRIME-TV. Imagine what $25,000 could do for your family….

http://www.amw.com/

Carolyn Johnson
    Mother of Clinton Nelson
    Missing Since 9/1/2006
    from Princeton, LA
    Саша VIIXIVMMIX

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

omg, that broke my heart.   

like i said before, someone has to know something.  i wish they would just fess up, and let this family have some closure.  :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

This is another bump I wasn't sure about because I know some of you were in contact with Clinton's Mum, but even though there's still no real answers, good or bad, I thought some of you might be interested in what seems to be the most recent development - even though it's almost 2yrs old now. I hate making everyone's heart freeze when they see a name they remember come back to the top of the list.

On 25 August 2011 Clinton Nelson's disappearance wass back in the news after a meth lab bust at 800 Ward Lane - the article says it's the "same location" as the house he was last known to have visited, but I'm not sure if they mean the same house or just another house in the same street.

http://storify.com/C2Case/clinton-nelson

Will try & find some more recent updates for this, & whether these people were eliminated as persons of interest.

This is the most recent I can come up with -

http://findclinton.wordpress.com/201...linton-nelson/
    Last edited by blighted star; 06-05-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Thread Information