Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: World Trade Center Movie

World Trade Center Movie

I saw the WTC movie.
    It was awesome. Truly intense.
    It moved people to tears, I heard sniffles.
    Why do I not have that part of my brain, that allows me to feel the same way?

Re: World Trade Center Movie

I'm so excited to see this movie!!! What do you mean though, did you not feel anything for it? Please don't tell me you're one of those people that feel no emotion over death and stuff 
    Breathe Me

some people just do not cry at movies because they know what they are seeing isn't really happening and it's staged, even if based on a true event.

[quote author=skank*da*fied link=topic=789.msg28759#msg28759 date=1155526640]
    I'm so excited to see this movie!!! What do you mean though, did you not feel anything for it? Please don't tell me you're one of those people that feel no emotion over death and stuffÂ*
    [/quote]

No that's not it at all, I feel horrible for people who have to live through tragedy. Although the movie (and event) is tragic, the end result, and point of the movie is triumph over that tragedy.

I guarantee anyone who sees this movie will be completely compellled every second.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=789.msg28760#msg28760 date=1155526641]
    some people just do not cry at movies because they know what they are seeing isn't really happening and it's staged, even if based on a true event.
    [/quote]

That seems to be it, but I cried during Rudy. DOes that make me weird, or gay even??? JK

Oh, well cool - I'm very excited to see it.  I'm the type of person that cries over anything though.. I have a soft heart.  I've even been known to cry over commercials. 
    Breathe Me

i dont think ive seen that movie... it doesnt make you weird though. i know a lot of people who dont cry at movies. i cried during king kong when he died. i cry a lot at movies.  :roll:

Well then you better have a box of kleenex nearby, if the crowd I saw it with is any indication.
    This movie is meant to be seen in theatres, the entire theatre shakes, when the towers come down. It, even though it is just a reinactment,
    gives you a 1000 percent perspective change, of what it may have been like in there that day. And I am certain that is merely
    .0000001 percent of how it really was.

I cried at King Kong also, when I first saw that movie when the 1976 version? Came out....He was so soft and lovey.

i saw the new one three times and bawled when he died! i almost died crying during the notebook, thank god i didnt see it in theatres... but i cry at almost every movie! its pathetic, haha.... oh, but i laugh my ass off during scary movies when people die.. or during those intense climatic moments, like in the new superman where he fell out of the sky.. i laughed so hard.  :oops:

Superman was pretty bad...

I cannot go to comedies anymore, except for the BOrat movie...The last 6 comedes I have gone to Date Movie, Nacho Libre, Click Clerk 2, just to name a few are impossible to enjoy.
    I hate when people laugh, because their "supposed" to. I become so focused on inane laughter at lame mundane jokes that I cannot enjoy them anymore. I know I'm a jerk....

yeah, superman SUCKED. i had no interest in seeing it and went with my boyfriend  cause he wanted to see it. he didnt like it either.

and i agree. i hate going to 'funny' movies because people force laughter and pretend it's funny when it's not. comedy hasn't gotten very repetitive lately. i'm even disliking dane cook nowadays because thats ALL YOU EVER HEAR.

I feel the exact same way about Dane Cook. (sufi fingers inserted here) He is funny, but some of his jokes do miss.
    But he will still sell out stadiums, and his hardcore fans will defend his honor, like a wacky cult.

I love the notebook, I watch it a lot, actually. And Armageddon.

King Kong made me cry like a baby!
    Breathe Me

[quote author=EmptyDoucheBotte link=topic=789.msg28762#msg28762 date=1155526887]
    [quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=789.msg28760#msg28760 date=1155526641]
    [/quote]

That seems to be it, but I cried during Rudy. DOes that make me weird, or gay even??? JK
    [/quote]

I think a little bit of both, but that's ok, we like that here!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

Saw the movie, and it was ok......wont give out any &quot;plot points' but let's just say there is way too much of Nick cage in a &quot;dark hell!!!&quot;

I think I know what you're talking about, the previews showed a lot of that.
    Breathe Me

[quote author=skank*da*fied link=topic=789.msg28800#msg28800 date=1155531239]
    I think I know what you're talking about, the previews showed a lot of that.
    [/quote]

Put it this way, it's titanic in reverse mode.

lol can't wait
    Breathe Me

I so do not ever want to see this movie.&nbsp; It pissed me off they were even making it.
    Anytime anyone(excluding family members of the dead being given money) makes money off of this tragic event it pisses me off.&nbsp;

[quote author=onenightinspain link=topic=789.msg28832#msg28832 date=1155533722]
    I so do not ever want to see this movie.&nbsp; It pissed me off they were even making it.
    Anytime anyone(excluding family members of the dead being given money) makes money off of this tragic event it pisses me off.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Let's count ALL THE MOVIES EVER MADE about tragic events, shall we?

I'll let you start. Then we'll take over Hollywood and you can be in charge. You &amp; me, I promise.

1:

I have to see this movie. Just to say I did see it.

God, don't you just hate muslims?
    Everyones a little racist

[quote author=109ace link=topic=789.msg28940#msg28940 date=1155559623]
    I have to see this movie. Just to say I did see it.
    [/quote]

Me too... Everything about 9/11 interests me ... kinda weird maybe.&nbsp; And no you're not weird EmptyDouche - I probably won't cry during this because I'm just not like that... except the damn movie 'My Girl' does it to me everytime!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I don't understand people who think it's &quot;too soon&quot; for this movie to be made.
    I really don't get it when people that were 15 and in high school in Kentucky on September 11th 2001 are getting upset about this film being made. If (most) New Yorkers are ready for it, along with Police, Firefighters, Transit and EMS workers that were a part of that day helped to make the film, and contributed to keep it realistic......others should be able to deal with it.
    It's a story that needs to be told, and sooner is better. Usually.
    Not everyone is 20 years old, and ready to see the movie 40 years from now when you have to rely on news transcripts, and stories from senile 80 year olds to get a recount of the days events. Then have it be directed by someone that wasn't even alive when it happened!
    In recent years, we have the good sense to get these stories told, soon enough to be relevant (yes I said relevant).
    Not saying that people will forget 9/11 in a few years, but there was a time when the bombing of Pearl Harbor was the greatest tragedy in American history. It was unthinkable that something on that scale could ever happen again.
    Was the Pearl Harbor movie too soon for you too? Anyone remember Pearl Harbor? The answer is NO unless you have some serious addiction to Ben Affleck!

And if it really bothers you, don't purchase a ticket. It just might be your first step to NOT seeing this movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information