Thread: Baby born with 2 faces in India

Baby born with 2 faces in India

http://www.kare11.com/news/national/national_article.aspx?storyid=501450

People have begun to visit a small rural village in Northern India to worship a baby born with two faces.

She was born just two days ago.

Word spread quickly among villagers about the newborn baby girl.

The baby is seen as an incarnation of God and people make offerings and ask for the baby's blessing.

The doctor who delivered her said she and her mother are healthy and doing well.

The baby girl's parents hope the government will help them give the little girl further treatment.

There is a video on the website, too.

Re: Baby born with 2 faces in India

[quote author=kissmedeadly8989 link=topic=13227.msg765571#msg765571 date=1205413291]
    http://www.kare11.com/news/national/national_article.aspx?storyid=501450

People have begun to visit a small rural village in Northern India to worship a baby born with two faces.

She was born just two days ago.

Word spread quickly among villagers about the newborn baby girl.

The baby is seen as an incarnation of God and people make offerings and ask for the baby's blessing.

The doctor who delivered her said she and her mother are healthy and doing well.

The baby girl's parents hope the government will help them give the little girl further treatment.

There is a video on the website, too.
    [/quote]

wow that is truly amazing...i'm glad she is healthy and doing fine...the baby with two heads i remember it was a parasite...do you think that could be the same with this one?

I don't know.
    The baby just has two faces,not two heads.Kind of like those two-faced cats on youtube.
    Still,crap.Poor baby.How are the doctors going to
    fix this one?
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=happy phantom link=topic=13227.msg766652#msg766652 date=1205468127]
    Still,crap.Poor baby.How are the doctors going to
    fix this one?
    [/quote]

I wonder if they'll even try.

Wasn't it India where the little girl was born with 6 arms and 6 legs?

They fought to try to keep her from getting the extra appendages removed b/c they thought she was the reincarnation of Ganesh.

Do both faces have full function?
    Like both sets of eyes open and the mouths open as well?
    Thats weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

It's like I have double vision.
    I wonder if they will try to fix her and how?

[quote author=MissKitty11 link=topic=13227.msg766667#msg766667 date=1205468841]
    It's like I have double vision.
    I wonder if they will try to fix her and how?

[/quote]

nah i dont think they will try because right now they are worshiping the babe like she is holy...it must be something in their water that they have so many odd births

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=13227.msg766655#msg766655 date=1205468269]
    I wonder if they'll even try.

Wasn't it India where the little girl was born with 6 arms and 6 legs?

They fought to try to keep her from getting the extra appendages removed b/c they thought she was the reincarnation of Ganesh.
    [/quote]

&nbsp; I read that the mother and father were thrilled to have the appendages removed,so the baby could have a normal life.
    Do you mean the other villagers wanted her to remain the way
    she was?
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=happy phantom link=topic=13227.msg768248#msg768248 date=1205584456]
    &nbsp; I read that the mother and father were thrilled to have the appendages removed,so the baby could have a normal life.
    Do you mean the other villagers wanted her to remain the way
    she was?
    [/quote]

Yeah,they thought she was a gift from the gods. Also freak show people wanted to buy her, her parents said no and they planned to kidnap her so after the op the family moved into a charity compound which had a school for handicapped children, and jobs for them.

Thank channel four and their late night documentaries!

Olivia

Baby born with two faces

Someone tell me if there is a thread on this already.&nbsp; There is a pic at the link but I won't post it here in case anyone gets offended or whatever.

The parents of an Indian infant girl born with two faces say she is eating and breathing normally despite having two pairs of eyes and lips and two noses.

The one-month-old baby, named Lali, is the first child of factory worker Vinod Kumar and his wife Sushma.

She has caused a sensation, attracting&nbsp; a stream of curious observers and others who consider her a deity in the deeply religious Hindu-majority country.

Lali's extremely rare condition is known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Her facial features are duplicated with the exception of her ears - she has two.

&quot;She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time,&quot; the director of Saifi Hospital, Sabir Ali, said

&quot;She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties.''

He said he saw no need for surgery.

Lali's father said he was apprehensive when he first saw his daughter.

&quot;I had never seen something like this in my life so naturally I was a little scared when I first saw her,&quot; he said.

Her mother, Sushma, told The Hindustan Times her daughter was &quot;just like any other child&quot;.

&quot;Initially we had some problem in accepting the child but now everything is fine,'' she said.

The family has no plans to consult doctors to check if the girl can receive treatment or corrective surgery.

&quot;The doctor said everything is normal when she was born. So where's the need to get medical help?&quot; 24-year-old Kumar said.

&quot;She's fed through one mouth and sucks her thumb with the other. We use whichever mouth is free to feed her.&quot;

Doctors said it was an extremely rare case, with the girl having two skulls joined together, and that separating them was out of the question.

&quot;Since the heads are fused, separating them is not possible,&quot; paediatrician D.K Gupta of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences told The Hindustan Times newspaper.

But doctors said the girl should be examined thoroughly to study the possibility of complications.

&quot;Clearly the child is in no immediate danger but it has to be checked whether the oral and nasal cavity and other passages&quot; are functioning properly, Dr Gupta said.

The case comes just months after Indian doctors performed a rare, marathon surgery to remove the extra limbs of a girl born with four arms and legs.

Two-year-old Lakshmi Tatma's case captivated the nation last year as domestic and international media focused on her complicated surgery performed in southern Bangalore city in November.

This year, Lakshmi started taking her first steps with the help of a baby walker, delighting her parents and doctors.

Lakshmi, named after the four-armed Hindu goddess of wealth, was born fused to the pelvis of a twin that had stopped developing in her mother's womb - a condition that occurs once in 50,000 conjoined twin births.

Kumar said he had heard about Lakshmi, but did not want to change anything about his daughter's features.

&quot;Whatever God has given me is acceptable. What can we do about it?&quot; he said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23509452-2,00.html

Re: Baby born with two faces

Sooo... I am confused, it is not a case of an underdeveloped twin or conjoined twins? It is something totally different?

One side does look like a mirror image of the other though.

Pretty amazing what can happen.

And Kudos for the parents for being so accepting of their daughter. They are happy that she is eating and breathing normally and are just happy to have her. I think that is so great because some parents might be scared of her condition especially when it comes to what it could mean religiously in another region. (I remember one story about a child being born deformed and the husband thought it was the wifes fault and totally disrespected her and blamed her for everything, but it was a cultural thing why he thought that, he didn't know any better I guess).

what a two faced bitch.

The original thread is here:

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=13227.msg765571#msg765571

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=13227.msg802067#msg802067 date=1207686640]
    what a two faced bitch.
    [/quote]

:lol:
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

Poor baby!!! Yeah.. I wonder if it would be double vision..or like a panoramic view of the world!? That would be sweet..good defense mechanism
    karina<br /><br /><br />rip Tania~ my lil sis forever :)

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=13227.msg802067#msg802067 date=1207686640]
    what a two faced bitch.
    [/quote]
    :lol: :lol:

Thread Information