Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable what this soldier has done.

Re: Unbelievable what this soldier has done.

So I withheld my need to comment until we got more information.

Sick, stray puppy? Looked pretty healthy to me... fat, furry... just as a puppy should be.

I'm all about euthanasia. I find it much more humane to euthanize an animal than allow it to suffer, or meet some inevitable ugly end. There are just too damn many of them (spay and neuter!). I'm sure the situation is much worse over there.

I, personally, couldn't violently end the life of an animal that wasn't a threat to me. I've administered euthanasia shots, but that's different from shooting a dog or hurling one off a cliff.

Maybe he felt killing the pup was the best option... but it is sick and twisted that he got his jollies off by throwing it off a cliff, much less filming it.

There are worse people out there, who have done far worse things.
    This guy sucks, I wouldn't be his friend, I wouldn't share my skittles with him.
    But I'll focus my disgust and hatred on more deserving souls.

Wick, I totally understand that article and what its trying to say...
    but even the Marines said they aren't putting up with this action.
    If he even felt the puppy was threatening his life, he should not have even picked it up.
    And if the puppy was sick and suffering...he didn't have to do it in such a cruel way while laughing about it.
    Thats the part that just sickens me.
    Poor little puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Monroe officials call for calm over puppy video

The family of a Marine shown in an Internet clip faces ongoing harassment.

By Yoshiaki Nohara and Justin Arnold
    Herald Writers

MONROE -- Internet-fueled rage over a video that appears to depict a Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff continued to grow Wednesday, turning the controversy into a community issue in Monroe.

Threats keep building toward the family of a man many believe is the Marine in the video, and from across the globe Internet vigilantes are calling the workplace of the man's mother in Monroe and threatening acts of vandalism unless the mother is fired.

The business owner on Wednesday said there is no way he would terminate an employee over anger that others feel toward one of her adult children.

The Herald is not identifying the business because of safety concerns for its employees.

Targeting the family is wrong, City Councilman Mitch Ruth said.

"Certainly, the family members were not involved in the incident, whatever the incident was," Ruth said. "I view this as a community issue as a whole."

Ruth said his city e-mail address has been sent many "abusive, profane and harassing" messages accusing the city of tolerating animal cruelty. He urged people to calm down and let the U.S. Marine Corps complete its investigation about the video.

"The city of Monroe has no jurisdiction over this issue." Ruth said. "If the act depicted in the video did occur, it's very disturbing at any level. But it has nothing to do with the image of the community."

The Marine from Monroe is stationed at Marine Corps Base Hawaii, where the investigation of the video is being conducted.

"I will not confirm that it is (the Monroe Marine) in the video," Maj. Chris Perrine, a spokesman for the base, told The Herald on Wednesday. "The matter has been given to our Criminal Investigation Division, and they are conducting a very thorough investigation. In this day and age, you can't just assume."

Perrine said that it will be up to the military justice system to determine what happens with the case. For now "we need to find out if it's authentic," he said of the video. "Is it a hoax? Then we find out what laws have been broken and what steps to take afterwards."

If the video turns out to be an accurate depiction of behavior by a Marine, investigators "will look at every Marine involved, those in the video and everyone in his chain of command because we want to make sure we have proper leadership," Perrine said.

Regardless, the Marine Corps doesn't approve of the video's content and there are worries it could tarnish the image of servicemen and servicewomen in uniform, Perrine said.

The 17-second video shows someone dressed as a Marine throwing a puppy into a ravine. Its low resolution makes it difficult to determine whether the puppy is alive, dead or a toy.

The video started getting attention on Monday, with personal information about the Monroe man and his family posted on the Internet. Since then, controversy has gone viral, spreading through e-mails and prompting thousands of online comments on Web sites around the world.

The family disconnected their phone numbers after receiving threatening calls. Snohomish County sheriff's deputies have visited the family's home to ensure their safety.

"The family was going nuts with the media attention, all of it," sheriff's spokeswoman Rebecca Hover said. "That is the only complaint that they've had, which they communicated to a deputy. All the knocking on the doors is wearing them down; they just want to get on with their lives."

The sister of the Monroe Marine told KIRO radio (710-AM) on Tuesday that the family is "living in a nightmare" because of the harassment coming from Internet vigilantes.

Monroe Mayor Donnetta Walser said that her primary concern is the family's safety. People need to keep several things in mind before jumping to a conclusion, Walser said.

Investigators have yet to determine the video's authenticity; the family in Monroe had nothing to do with what may have happened in the video; the city has nothing to do with the controversy.

"We don't tolerate animal cruelty, but it is beyond our control," Walser said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20080306/NEWS01/84858682/-1/news01

And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I feel really bad for this family.  There is no reason to harrass them. They had nothing to do with it.

The Marine Investigation will probably never be released.  If it is, they will say that it was a hoax whether it was or not.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=13073.msg758669#msg758669 date=1204931379]
    Monroe officials call for calm over puppy video

Threats keep building toward the family of a man many believe is the Marine in the video, and from across the globe Internet vigilantes are calling the workplace of the man's mother in Monroe and threatening acts of vandalism unless the mother is fired.

[/quote]

that's such bullshit...people like that are worthless..

Calling and demanding that his mother be fired??? Who the fuck do they think they are? Ugh.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

So whats the verdict, am I eating my words?? No I dont wanna go back and find out
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

oh brother.
    he is BSing about that puppy being so sick.  it looked pretty normal - and even if it was sick - throwing it isnt a sure death sentence.  i wish he say whether it yelped or not - i dont get how the yelping could not have changed with the distance. 
    The people are threatening the family are just as crazy as he is.

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Well, we all know what they say about people who are willing to kill and torture animals -- they're pretty much predisposed to violence against humans, too. Great. Can't wait for this guy to come back to the US and start torturing and killing people, then claiming that it's all due to post-traumatic stress from being involved in a war.

Right. People like this indeed get whatever negativity they deserve. And if he didn't want people to see it, he wouldn't have allowed it to have been video taped and placed on YouTube, no matter if the puppy was dead or alive at the time of the cliff-throwing.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think rational people pick up dead animals, throw them over cliffs, and smile at the camera just for the fun of it. This shithead isn't even worth getting another viewing on YouTube from me -- just the thought of seeing a human being doing something like this, and being so proud of it, angers the hell out of me. What next? Throwing an Iraqi infant over a cliff?

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=13073.msg764556#msg764556 date=1205355470]
    Throwing an Iraqi infant over a cliff?
    [/quote]

Would have caused less outrage I'm sure. :|
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=13073.msg764570#msg764570 date=1205356124]
    Would have caused less outrage I'm sure. :|
    [/quote]
    Depends on whether or not it's one of those ugly babies.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=13073.msg764577#msg764577 date=1205356482]
    Depends on whether or not it's one of those ugly babies.
    [/quote]

I'm just saying that baby probably would have grown up to be a terrorist.

You're both going to hell.  :lol:

There is no way in hell I could watch this video, in fact, I wish I never opened this thread, because just reading about it brought tears to my eyes. I cannot stand animal cruelty. How anyone could harm an animal is beyond me. I look into my little dogs eyes all the time and think how beautiful she is and how on earth people could do such bad things to defenceless animals. It makes me sick to the stomach.
    Boringgggggggggggggggg.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=13073.msg758284#msg758284 date=1204910692]
    From Iraq, we've seen video of real-time beheadings, pictures of men being led by a dog leash and numerous post-bomb carnage, but despite spectacular events, the American public has been mostly immune and indifferent. Yet, the sight, thought and sounds of a puppy yelping after being thrown into the air and presumably killed is enough to cause a national uproar.[/quote]
    I remember reading in "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore that when Roger & Me was released (his first big documentary) he got more complaints about the rabbit being killed on camera than he did about the black man being killed a scene earlier.  Cute and fluffy for the win guess.

I have not seen this video and I won't watch it.  Then again I cannot watch the beheading videos either.  And I am not condoning what this marine did, in fact I think it is really cruel.  I am just shocked at how far people have taken it; threats, demanding his mother be fired at work, etc.  It is a *dog*.  Don't get me wrong, I love animals, especially cute and fluffy ones.  It is just that I don't remember this kind of reaction for other really nasty things people have done recently.  Like when that group of US troops raped and murdered a 14 year old girl and her family, which was a horrific crime as well. 

RIP cute puppy  :2upset:

Every living creature, be it *people* or other types of animals deserves to be treated with kindness, compassion, and respect.  EVERY life is important be it a dog, child, or a grown person, etc.    This marine should receive a dishonorable discharge immediately.  His family however had nothing to do with this and should be left along.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=13073.msg765818#msg765818 date=1205426139]
    Every living creature, be it *people* or other types of animals deserves to be treated with kindness, compassion, and respect.  EVERY life is important be it a dog, child, or a grown person, etc.    This marine should receive a dishonorable discharge immediately.  His family however had nothing to do with this and should be left along.
    [/quote]
    I don't disagree.  I just think the outrage for this is unbalanced considering there are so many more heinous acts that occur to animals and people everyday.  I donate money to animal shelters because whenever I go in there I cannot stand to think that those poor things will be put down if no one adopts them within 4 weeks (not like shelter life is nice...another topic though).  I doubt even half of these people getting so upset even think about that. 

Did the dog deserve the way it was treated simply because it is a dog?  No fucking way.  I guess I am just unhappy with this coverage because I know animals and people get killed everyday in much more horrible fashion and no one cares.  :-(

Anyway, just my opinion.

[quote author=decorusnex link=topic=13073.msg765842#msg765842 date=1205427705]
    I don't disagree.  I just think the outrage for this is unbalanced considering there are so many more heinous acts that occur to animals and people everyday.  I donate money to animal shelters because whenever I go in there I cannot stand to think that those poor things will be put down if no one adopts them within 4 weeks (not like shelter life is nice...another topic though).  I doubt even half of these people getting so upset even think about that. 

Did the dog deserve the way it was treated simply because it is a dog?  No fucking way.  I guess I am just unhappy with this coverage because I know animals and people get killed everyday in much more horrible fashion and no one cares.   :-(

Anyway, just my opinion.
    [/quote]

Agreed.....I hate cruelty in any form and I think sometimes we become, I don't know that desensitized is the right word, but it is the best I can come up with....so many times we such little value placed on any life....it breaks my heart and I just can't fathom how people can be so callous to animals much less each other....I think we are on the same page and just saying it differently...laughs!

sorry to resurrect this thread. i didn't watch the original video. don't really care to do so...

but i happened upon this rendition of the video and it made me giggle...

"in a world with justice, this would have happened"

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/236919/

Bumping with an update. I still think the subject should be changed from soldier to marine.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/06/ap_marine_puppytoss_061108/

HONOLULU — The Marine Corps is expelling one Marine and disciplining one other for their roles in a video showing a Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff while on patrol in Iraq.

The 17-second video posted on YouTube drew sharp condemnation from animal rights groups when came to light in March.

The clip shows two Marines joking before one hurls the puppy into a rocky gully. A yelping sound is heard as it flips through the air.

Marine Corps Base Hawaii says in a news release that Lance Cpl. David Motari received unspecified “non-judicial punishment” and “is being processed for separation” from the Marine Corps.

The second Marine, Sgt. Crismarvin Banez Encarnacion also received unspecified “non-judicial” punishment.

Wow. Memories. This fell by the wayside. Thanks for the update.

mydeathspace

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/11/marine.puppy/index.html

[size=15pt]2 Marines disciplined over puppy-tossing video[/size]

The U.S. Marine Corps has disciplined two Marines over a videotape that showed a Marine throwing a puppy over a cliff, the military said Wednesday.

Officials did not specify the role that each man played in the incident, which received international attention after a video of it appeared on YouTube.com March 3.

Lance Cpl. David Motari is being processed for removal for his role, the Marine Corps said, and Sgt. Crismarvin Banez Encarnacion also has been punished.

The video shows someone throwing a black-and-white puppy off a rocky cliff. The dog makes a yelping sound as it flies through the air.

"That's mean. That was mean," someone off-camera is heard saying.

YouTube removed the video about a day after it was posted, "due to terms of use violation," the site said.

The Marines were quick to condemn the video when it surfaced, calling it "shocking and deplorable."

Marine officials said the disciplinary action followed a thorough investigation, according to a statement that the Marine Corps Base Hawaii released Wednesday.

"The actions seen in the Internet video are contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine and will not be tolerated," the statement said.

mydeathspace

Lance Cpl. David Motari: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =348896236

"Leave your intentions in your friend request. I am tired of the hate."

and a fake one: http://www.myspace.com/youth_xx_in_xx_asia

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=13073.msg889499#msg889499 date=1213267383]
    Lance Cpl. David Motari: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid =348896236

and a fake one: http://www.myspace.com/youth_xx_in_xx_asia

[/quote]

From his private profile...

" "Leave your intentions in your friend request. I am tired of the hate.""

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=13073.msg889498#msg889498 date=1213267032]
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/11/marine.puppy/index.html

[size=15pt]2 Marines disciplined over puppy-tossing video[/size]

The U.S. Marine Corps has disciplined two Marines over a videotape that showed a Marine throwing a puppy over a cliff, the military said Wednesday.

Officials did not specify the role that each man played in the incident, which received international attention after a video of it appeared on YouTube.com March 3.

Lance Cpl. David Motari is being processed for removal for his role, the Marine Corps said, and Sgt. Crismarvin Banez Encarnacion also has been punished.

The video shows someone throwing a black-and-white puppy off a rocky cliff. The dog makes a yelping sound as it flies through the air.

"That's mean. That was mean," someone off-camera is heard saying.

YouTube removed the video about a day after it was posted, "due to terms of use violation," the site said.

The Marines were quick to condemn the video when it surfaced, calling it "shocking and deplorable."

Marine officials said the disciplinary action followed a thorough investigation, according to a statement that the Marine Corps Base Hawaii released Wednesday.

"The actions seen in the Internet video are contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine and will not be tolerated," the statement said.
    [/quote]

Just saw this on the news. So happy that the idiots were reprimanded!!

Thread Information