Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The University Daily Kansan - Morbid Web site ‘collects’ friends 3/3/08

Re: The University Daily Kansan - Morbid Web site ‘collects’ friends 3/3/08

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=13065.msg756201#msg756201 date=1204798582]
    Good find Sassy.  I agree, he probably has a hang up about weight and body image.
    I still don't care for his style of writing in this article either. 
    [/quote]

I'm the daughter of an award winning journalist, and I would estimate 3/4 of her awards are for editorials and personal columns. I can abide reading an opinion I don't agree with, I can abide someone disagreeing with my opinion, and I can handle being quoted as a he. One thing I can't handle, severe journalistic inadequacies. His lack of style, lack of research, last moment rush to fill an inch requirement....grr, go to a frat party and leave the paper to those who are serious in their endeavors. I won't even get started on the shock at my comment, but his own previous hatred of fat people being mean to him.
    Personally, I think the article about the man's death hit close to home for our wishful journalism student. Maybe he holds a secret desire to be able to inhale cuppycakes faster than this fat girl ever could, all in attempt to gain enough weight that people stop teasing his lack of emotions. Cruel people, stop teasing him because he is little, tease him because he is inadequate in so many other ways...sheesh.

All Death Is Certain.

Re: The University Daily Kansan - Morbid Web site ‘collects’ friends 3/3/08

[quote author=sassyasskitty link=topic=13065.msg756000#msg756000 date=1204784566]
    Ah, the comment was intended to be humorous. Um, did you happen to read the comment I posted later under it stating that I was a fat girl? guess not.
    Anyways, I told my children the story, then told them my comments. Their reply? Even we are smart enough to swallow between cupcakes, that's why being drunk is stupid. So see? My mean spirited comment brought about an opportunity to speak with my kids about the dangers of drinking and the resulting behaviors.

*Edit* Apparently, our friend Matt has an obsession with weight issues anyways.
    http://www.kansan.com/stories/2007/aug/20/hirschfeld_thin_men_feel_pressure/

[/quote]

I didn't find the comment funny, either. I worship Bill Hicks and Lisa Lampanelli, so it's not like I don't have a sense of humor, but fat girls have enough people picking on them, they certainly don't need their own kind doing it, too. At least you admit the comment was mean spirited.

Thread Information