Thread: MDS Non-Parents

Re: MDS Non-Parents

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13034.msg748262#msg748262 date=1204329981]
    No way. I'm used to being up here.
    It's when I step down that I feel all shy, and a bit nervous. :oops:
    [/quote]
    Shawty.

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=13034.msg748070#msg748070 date=1204318533]
    I'm all for the threads where parents can share stories, pics, etc of their children. I think they're great. But what about all of us that have chosen not to have children?
    [/quote]

This quote strikes me as really fuckin funny.  :lol:
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn.

Up until about a year ago, I always wanted to get married and have kids. Lately, I can't comprehend having to raise a human or being married. Why? Here's why-
    1) I enjoy being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.
    2) I like sleeping through the night.
    3) I like working out and working on my body. I fear what pregnancy would do to me. I know I could work to get back in shape but when would I have time with a baby??
    4) I can't see myself talking all cutesy with a child.

I'm sure there's more I can think of but I'd like to cook dinner now.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=13034.msg748265#msg748265 date=1204330150]
    This quote strikes me as really fuckin [s]funny[/s] great! 
    [/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=moosella link=topic=13034.msg748266#msg748266 date=1204330220]
    Up until about a year ago, I always wanted to get married and have kids. Lately, I can't comprehend having to raise a human or being married. Why? Here's why-
    1) I enjoy being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.
    2) I like sleeping through the night.
    3) I like working out and working on my body. I fear what pregnancy would do to me. I know I could work to get back in shape but when would I have time with a baby??
    4) I can't see myself talking all cutesy with a child.

I'm sure there's more I can think of but I'd like to cook dinner now.
    [/quote]

Devil's advocate: a baby is dead weight.  I bet it's just like lifting a sack of potatoes.

I hate people who talk cutesy to babies/children.  They're not retarded.  Well, some are.  Sad, sad.  Anyway.  Treat children like intelligent beings and they will respond.  The reason I talk to my cat in a baby voice is that animals respond better to high pitched sounds.  The higher my voice is, the more my cat recognizes I am talking to her.

I want to have kids because I want to have adults.  I don't think people who just want cute little babies are doing it for the right reason.

I just know if I have kids, I will make them clones of me and their first word will probably be "beezy". I watched Jurassic Park with a 3 year old I was babysitting and got in trouble. :lol: I can only imagine what kind of kids I'd have if I raised them like that.

The only reason I could personally think to have a kid would be to name it a cool name after my favorite musicians. After that I would have to drop it at a fire station. DO NOT WANT!

By the way, thanks to the willing parents who are understanding of the willing non-parents. You guys are hot. Just please don't say you are one of those women up on "Celebrity Baby Blog" breast feeding an 8 year old.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13034.msg748254#msg748254 date=1204329438]
    And my personal favorite, the ones that can't conceive, and go through EVERY single option except for adoption.
    They want to be a parent so badly, but they wouldn't even think of raising a child that needs a home and loving parents.
    They'll only take a child if it's their biological one, thanks!
    That's not selfish?!?
    [/quote]

I so agree with this.  I am currently pregnant so my opinion may not be welcome here, but I am givin it to you bitches anyway.  My husband and I were certain that I wasn't going to be able to get knocked up without help, and when I was younger it was so important to me to experience pregnancy that I always thought that when it came time for us to get serious about it that we'd try anything.  Then when we decided to start trying again this time around we gave ourselves a 6 month deadline before we started adoption proceedings. Our criteria for an adoptable child is pretty open.  Different races, sibling groups, older kids, special needs, whatever... It just became clear that what I wanted was to be a parent and how that came about didn't matter so much anymore.  We got pregnant this time in like a nanosecond.  So quick I hadda pee on like 10 sticks to make myself believe it.  We didn't use any fertility drugs or anything either ever so my mind is officially blown.  I still think I'd like to adopt after the twins get outta diapers, but we'll see.  Anyway I just hadda throw that in. 

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=13034.msg748272#msg748272 date=1204331331]
    I so agree with this.  I am currently pregnant so my opinion may not be welcome here, but I am givin it to you bitches anyway.  My husband and I were certain that I wasn't going to be able to get knocked up without help, and when I was younger it was so important to me to experience pregnancy that I always thought that when it came time for us to get serious about it that we'd try anything.  Then when we decided to start trying again this time around we gave ourselves a 6 month deadline before we started adoption proceedings. Our criteria for an adoptable child is pretty open.  Different races, sibling groups, older kids, special needs, whatever... It just became clear that what I wanted was to be a parent and how that came about didn't matter so much anymore.  We got pregnant this time in like a nanosecond.  So quick I hadda pee on like 10 sticks to make myself believe it.  We didn't use any fertility drugs or anything either ever so my mind is officially blown.  I still think I'd like to adopt after the twins get outta diapers, but we'll see.  Anyway I just hadda throw that in. 
    [/quote]
    :lol: Stuff like this is welcome. Great to hear, and congrats on the quick conception.
    In my experience/opinion, the best cure for infertility.....?
    A prom dress.
    No shit. Wear a prom dress and have sex, then watch what happens. It's like 85% effective.

OK, back to non-baby talk......

[quote author=mcmxciii link=topic=13034.msg748271#msg748271 date=1204331271]
    The only reason I could personally think to have a kid would be to name it a cool name after my favorite musicians. After that I would have to drop it at a fire station. DO NOT WANT!

By the way, thanks to the willing parents who are understanding of the willing non-parents. You guys are hot. Just please don't say you are one of those women up on "Celebrity Baby Blog" breast feeding an 8 year old.
    [/quote]

1) :D
    2) if you do this please let my friends know who are trying to have children...
    3) gross!! 

gutsywomen did you look into adoption? a friend of mine looked into it and was completely dissapointed cos they had to foster first. I can understand how hard it would be to foster someone and then have to give them up. (oh and congrads on your  twins!)
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but another reason I don't want kids is because I don't want to be tied to someone else (meaning the father) for the rest of my life if the relationship goes sour.
    Now, if I loved/wanted kids, then I'd totally overlook that fact and deal with it. But, I don't.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=13034.msg748276#msg748276 date=1204331755]

1) :D
    2) if you do this please let my friends know who are trying to have children...
    3) gross!!&nbsp;

gutsywomen did you look into adoption? a friend of mine looked into it and was completely dissapointed cos they had to foster first. I can understand how hard it would be to foster someone and then have to give them up. (oh and congrads on your&nbsp; twins!)
    [/quote]

Yep we did...what we decided was that if we had to foster we would but because we were open to adopting kids who weren't necessarily white babies with no health challenges that our chances of a quick adoption was more likely.&nbsp; In addition to which eventhough we wanted to adopt a child from here in this country who needed a home, we were willing to go to another country.&nbsp; Basically if there is a kid who needs a home we've got it.&nbsp; :)

[quote author=mcmxciii link=topic=13034.msg748271#msg748271 date=1204331271]
    Just please don't say you are one of those women up on &quot;Celebrity Baby Blog&quot; breast feeding an 8 year old.
    [/quote]

So gross...I totally don't even want to breast feed for 8 minutes.&nbsp; I can't imagine breast feeding for that long.&nbsp; Honestly if they can ask for it, it's creepy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I had a kid and he asked, I'd tell him he was creepy.&nbsp; :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why that sounds so funny to me.

Heh. Sorry vaga. I would never really do that!

[quote author=vaga link=topic=13034.msg748276#msg748276 date=1204331755]
    gutsywomen did you look into adoption? a friend of mine looked into it and was completely dissapointed cos they had to foster first. I can understand how hard it would be to foster someone and then have to give them up. (oh and congrads on your&nbsp; twins!)
    [/quote]
    That's another thing that cracks me up about the adoption process.
    About 75% of parents would get turned down if they tried to adopt instand of giving birth when they decided to have a child.
    Out of those, about 30% would get literally laughed out of the adoption agency.
    Why make it so difficult to adopt when&nbsp; any dummy can have their own kid?
    It shows that we expect parents to be the best of the best,
    but we don't ask that of you if you get knocked up but some guy at a bar who's name you don't remember!
    Either adoption should be made easier, or we need some restrictions on people and their baby making.
    Then again, gay couples can't legally marry here, but a straight couple can do it at a drive through, then Mexican divorce later that week...
    I hate this country.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=13034.msg748285#msg748285 date=1204332261]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: If I had a kid and he asked, I'd tell him he was creepy.&nbsp; :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why that sounds so funny to me.
    [/quote]

Cause it is!&nbsp; People aren't supposed to say shit like that to kids, but just cause I am growin some kidlets doesn't mean I am suddenly going to start loving pastel colors, or throwing out my Ramones CDs.&nbsp; I am still all tattooed and pierced and I cuss like a sailor.&nbsp; I don't think that's going to change.&nbsp; I totally respect that some people don't want any kids though.&nbsp; My sister is against kids.&nbsp; She doesn't hate them, she just appreciates peace and quiet, and the ability to do what she pleases when she pleases.&nbsp; I adore that about her.&nbsp; We are just different. :)

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=13034.msg748268#msg748268 date=1204330547]
    I want to have kids because I want to have adults.&nbsp; I don't think people who just want cute little babies are doing it for the right reason.
    [/quote]
    Yea! I have actually heard women say
    &quot;I want another baby, because this one is getting older, and I miss having a baby.
    I have nothing to do with my day now that XXXX is in school.&quot;

Yea, creating a human being cause you're bored isn't selfish at all. :lol:

[quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=13034.msg748290#msg748290 date=1204332629]
    Cause it is!&nbsp; People aren't supposed to say shit like that to kids, but just cause I am growin some kidlets doesn't mean I am suddenly going to start loving pastel colors, or throwing out my Ramones CDs.&nbsp; I am still all tattooed and pierced and I cuss like a sailor.&nbsp; I don't think that's going to change.&nbsp; I totally respect that some people don't want any kids though.&nbsp; My sister is against kids.&nbsp; She doesn't hate them, she just appreciates peace and quiet, and the ability to do what she pleases when she pleases.&nbsp; I adore that about her.&nbsp; We are just different. :)
    [/quote]
    My friends were placing bets on whether my kid's first word was gonna be &quot;autopsy&quot; or &quot;fuck&quot; :lol:

I have respect for the people who make life altering decisions considering not just their whims and desires, but the impact their choices make on others.
    Rock on non-parents!!
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=13034.msg748289#msg748289 date=1204332610]
    That's another thing that cracks me up about the adoption process.
    About 75% of parents would get turned down if they tried to adopt instand of giving birth when they decided to have a child.
    Out of those, about 30% would get literally laughed out of the adoption agency.
    Why make it so difficult to adopt when&nbsp; any dummy can have their own kid?
    It shows that we expect parents to be the best of the best,
    but we don't ask that of you if you get knocked up but some guy at a bar who's name you don't remember!
    Either adoption should be made easier, or we need some restrictions on people and their baby making.
    Then again, gay couples can't legally marry here, but a straight couple can do it at a drive through, then Mexican divorce later that week...
    I hate this country.
    [/quote]

it's true. It should be easier to adopt. I dont' get why they make it so hard. Recently a 3 year old was taken from her adoptive lezbian parents, cos the 3 year old's blood relatives wanted her.. the baby ended up getting killed by her blood related uncle. :( It's a sad world we live in. I dont' know if there's truely any answers.
    and don't get me started on restrictions on baby making. Some people truely fail as parents, and&nbsp; I don't understand why they're allowed to have more. I think it's just a sticky situation, when it comes to our rights, not everything is as easy and pretty as the movie Juno.

[[quote author=mcmxciii link=topic=13034.msg748288#msg748288 date=1204332347]
    Heh. Sorry vaga. I would never really do that!
    [/quote]
    of course not! ;) I was just saying.. give us a tip!&nbsp; :lol:
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

I wasn't saying that not wanting kids is selfish. I meant that I wouldn't be willing to give up so much for a kid. And yeah, I know I am young. Perhaps 10-15 years down the road I'll feel differently. But I just cannot picture myself as a mom. The only babies I want are furry with four legs. :lol:

[quote author=electricalst0rm link=topic=13034.msg748306#msg748306 date=1204334328]
    I wasn't saying that not wanting kids is selfish. I meant that I wouldn't be willing to give up so much for a kid. And yeah, I know I am young. Perhaps 10-15 years down the road I'll feel differently. But I just cannot picture myself as a mom. The only babies I want are furry with four legs. :lol:
    [/quote]

don't mind him.. he has issues with the word selfish.&nbsp; :lol:
    [quote author=gutsywoman link=topic=13034.msg748281#msg748281 date=1204332134]
    So gross...I totally don't even want to breast feed for 8 minutes.&nbsp; I can't imagine breast feeding for that long.&nbsp; Honestly if they can ask for it, it's creepy.
    [/quote]

your gonna love it... awww.... I'll always have the image of my son with a milk mustache after falling asleep at my boobie.

okay .. sorry I'll take that kind of talk somewhere else!

I totally applaud and support child-free-ers. I am envious of the freedom you all have. :) Most of my friends are child-free, and I think that's why we get along. I hate people that think everyone finds kid-talk fascinating. There is so much more to my existence than my kids. I am far too young, loud, and crass to get along with most of the parents in my kid's 5th grade class.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

Mothers.&nbsp; :whogives:
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=13034.msg748313#msg748313 date=1204334791]
    Mothers.&nbsp; &nbsp;:whogives:
    [/quote]

:lol:

Thread Information