Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MDS Non-Parents

MDS Non-Parents

I'm all for the threads where parents can share stories, pics, etc of their children. I think they're great. But what about all of us that have chosen not to have children? I know that I can't be the only one that does not want to have kids. I never have wanted to be a mother, and really hate when people tell me "oh you'll change your mind someday." I don't hate kids, I'm just lacking any once of maternal instinct, I guess. I don't think that I'd make a great mother, and I'm not about to bring a child into this world under that circumstance.

What about the rest of the non-parents out there? What are your reasons for not procreating?

Re: MDS Non-Parents

It looks like god has answered your prayers Ron!  :lol:

1.  I'm only 23
    2.  I'm not married yet
    3.  Children are expensive
    4.  I'd hate having to do child-friendly stuff
    5.  I usually think other people's kids are annoying
    6.  I generally can't stand hanging out with people who have kids and don't want to be one of those moms who won't stfu about her stupid kids.
    7.  I'm too selfish

I think I'll want them eventually...but not for quite a while.

Kids are great, but I don't wanna put in the massive effort of waking up at three in the morning, cleaning shit diapers, having to watch them like a hawk constantly, and all the other fun shit that goes into raising lil ones.

Not to mention, I'm not even thinking about startin a family if I can't afford to support them.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=13034.msg748079#msg748079 date=1204319168]
    1.  I'm only 23
    2.  I'm not married yet
    6.  I generally can't stand hanging out with people who have kids and don't want to be one of those moms who won't stfu about her stupid kids.
    7.  I'm too selfish

[/quote]
    That was me until I was 27.  I was definitely a kid hater - I still can't really stand other people's kids (I'm not a very tolerant person).  I met my husband and he already had a 2 year old so I was step-mommy.  It's not so bad, but I'm REALLY  glad I waited until I was ready and a little older.

I hate children.

There, I said it.

1.) I don't think the world is a good place to bring children up in.
    2.) I don't wake up before noon on weekends.

:-)

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=13034.msg748091#msg748091 date=1204319856]
    1.) I don't think the world is a good place to bring children up in.
    2.) I don't wake up before noon on weekends.

:-)
    [/quote]

Amen. I work swing right now. If I wake up before 11am, it's either a miracle (I went to bed before 1am), or I know somethings wrong and I go back to sleep.

:lol:
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=13034.msg748079#msg748079 date=1204319168]
    1.  I'm only 23
    2.  I'm not married yet
    7.  I'm too selfish

[/quote]

ditto.  it's weird, i was 4 when my brother was born, and I can remember not wanting to hold him.  Also, I never liked baby doll toys.. I would have taken a stuffed animal, Barbie, or Breyer horse over a toy that cried/pooped or said "mama" any day. 
    born to be down

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=13034.msg748094#msg748094 date=1204320181]
    Amen. I work swing right now. If I wake up before 11am, it's either a miracle (I went to bed before 1am), or I know somethings wrong and I go back to sleep.

[/quote]

Sometimes I think adoption would be nice as long as they are old enough to cook, clean, and help me finish Playstation games.

and roll daddy joints.

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=13034.msg748090#msg748090 date=1204319846]
    I hate children.

There, I said it.

[/quote]

LOLOLOL

Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

so are baby lovers who are infertile welcome here?

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=13034.msg748103#msg748103 date=1204320406]
    Sometimes I think adoption would be nice as long as they are old enough to cook, clean, and help me finish Playstation games.
    [/quote]

I love my nephews, but the older one who's 4 now can be such a lil bastard sometimes.

Ex: My sis and my nephews are in some kind of CPS or similar group's building because of some extended family issues and my nephew is sayin shit like &quot;My dad beats me, but I don't cry when he does.&quot;, referring to when they wrestle and play around. My sis is dying from embarrassment and tryin to get him to stop but he keeps on.

He's a good kid, he really is and I love him to death, but between birth and 4/5 there is soooooo much work that goes into raising a kid and sooo much patience needed that I'm not willing to put in now.

1)&nbsp; I struggle to look after myself, let alone anyone else
    2)&nbsp; I couldn't afford to look after a child
    3)&nbsp; I hate how women get pregnant and suddenly that's all they have to talk about.&nbsp; I never want to be that person
    4)&nbsp; Kids get on my nerves
    5)&nbsp; I nearly had a nervous breakdown whilst babysitting my nephew as a baby as I was certain he was going to die in his sleep - I couldn't live with that worry every day.
    6)&nbsp; I struggle to remember to water my two plants let alone remember to feed a child
    7)&nbsp; I have never met a man that I would want to have permanent ties to.

I think in the future that I might want children but certainly not anytime soon.

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=13034.msg748110#msg748110 date=1204320774]
    1)&nbsp; I struggle to look after myself, let alone anyone else
    2)&nbsp; I couldn't afford to look after a child
    3)&nbsp; I hate how women get pregnant and suddenly that's all they have to talk about.&nbsp; I never want to be that person
    4)&nbsp; Kids get on my nerves
    5)&nbsp; I nearly had a nervous breakdown whilst babysitting my nephew as a baby as I was certain he was going to die in his sleep - I couldn't live with that worry every day.
    6)&nbsp; I struggle to remember to water my two plants let alone remember to feed a child
    7)&nbsp; I have never met a man that I would want to have permanent ties to.

I think in the future that I might want children but certainly not anytime soon.
    [/quote]

Amen.

[quote author=Mr. Blue Sky link=topic=13034.msg748109#msg748109 date=1204320757]
    I love my nephews, but the older one who's 4 now can be such a lil bastard sometimes.

Ex: My sis and my nephews are in some kind of CPS or similar group's building because of some extended family issues and my nephew is sayin shit like &quot;My dad beats me, but I don't cry when he does.&quot;, referring to when they wrestle and play around. My sis is dying from embarrassment and tryin to get him to stop but he keeps on.

He's a good kid, he really is and I love him to death, but between birth and 4/5 there is soooooo much work that goes into raising a kid and sooo much patience needed that I'm not willing to put in now.
    [/quote]

I think I could deal with a new born, it's the teenage phase that would kill me.

I had a friend who ALWAYS insisted that his 4 year old daughter was the prettiest girl ever.&nbsp; Like he was talking about entering her into pageants and stuff.&nbsp;
    I had the absolute most difficult time not telling him that she's only gorgeous to him because he's her dad.&nbsp; She's a total FLK, and seriously not pretty at all.&nbsp; Cute, maybe...but DEF not pretty.&nbsp; She'll probably be a homely teen/adult.

The more he called her gorgeous, the harder it was for me to keep my mouth shut...and he WOULD NOT STOP.

Hello I am wick and I'm not a parent.

To be honest with you I will spread my seed. However like I have said plenty of times, I will not be a part of my child's life until they are able to play competitive sports. If my child isn't good at competitive sports then I will use it to attract poon. I will portray myself as a single father who's wife died in a house fire. The playground will be my playground. There are many benefits to seed spreading. Being an actual parent though is a whole different story.&nbsp; :lol:
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=13034.msg748112#msg748112 date=1204320912]
    I think I could deal with a new born, it's the teenage phase that would kill me.
    [/quote]

Babies aren't too bad.&nbsp; It's when they start to walk, talk and think for themselves that they get annoying.&nbsp; My nephew is 4 and can go from sweet little angel to possessed monster in about .001 seconds.&nbsp; There's only so many times I can listen to &quot;Don't tell me what to do!&quot;&nbsp; before I snap

[quote author=Wick link=topic=13034.msg748116#msg748116 date=1204321097]
    Hello I am wick and I'm not a parent.

To be honest with you I will spread my seed. However like I have said plenty of times, I will not be a part of my child's life until they are able to play competitive sports. If my child isn't good at competitive sports then I will use it to attract poon. I will portray myself as a single father who's wife died in a house fire. The playground will be my playground. There are many benefits to seed spreading. Being an actual parent though is a whole different story.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

You and Shaq's dad should hang out.

[quote author=babymedic link=topic=13034.msg748070#msg748070 date=1204318533]
    I'm all for the threads where parents can share stories, pics, etc of their children. I think they're great. But what about all of us that have chosen not to have children? I know that I can't be the only one that does not want to have kids. I never have wanted to be a mother, and really hate when people tell me &quot;oh you'll change your mind someday.&quot; I don't hate kids, I'm just lacking any once of maternal instinct, I guess. I don't think that I'd make a great mother, and I'm not about to bring a child into this world under that circumstance.
    [/quote]

What she said.

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I didn't want kids before I had Millie.&nbsp; I also hate everyone else's kids.

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=13034.msg748122#msg748122 date=1204321444]
    [/quote]

Yeah, you're a cool mom.&nbsp; A lot of the time. becoming a parent turns someone's 'lame factor' up to 11.&nbsp; Kudos to you for avoiding that!!

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=13034.msg748122#msg748122 date=1204321444]
    [/quote]

:lol:&nbsp; Do you make people hold Millie?&nbsp; I've never understood why everyone thinks I want to hold their baby.&nbsp; They ask you and if you say no, it's like some sort of insult.&nbsp; If I wanted to hold a baby I'd get my own.&nbsp; It's your baby, you hold it!

I don't like other's kids either, just pics! :lol:

Thread Information