Thread: Hilary Bonnell (16) was murdered by her cousin, who is a registered sex offender

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Hilary Bonnell (16) was murdered by her cousin, who is a registered sex offender

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2010/04/11/Hilary_Bonnell_(16)_was_murdered_by_her_cousin,_wh o_is_a_registered_sex_offender

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hilary-bonnell

"Hilary (age 16) was last seen in the early hours of Saturday (05/09/09) when she was leaving an all-night party in Burnt Church. She telephoned her mother Pam Fillier in Miramichi at about 3 a.m. to remind her to pick her up Sunday after spending part of the summer in Burnt Church with family and friends.

Bonnell had taken a drive from a friend at the party to the main highway about two kilometres from her aunt's house where she was heading when she called her mother. She never made it to her aunt's house. When last seen she was wearing a purple T-shirt, black sweater, blue jean shorts and flip-flops.

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION on Hilary's whereabouts is asked to contact:
    Cst. Paradis immediately at 779-5682 or the Neguac RCMP at 776-3000.
    or RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267) or New Brunswick Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

An Amber Alert has been filed just today for Hilary...

Re: Hilary Bonnell (16) was murdered by her cousin, who is a registered sex offender

This makes no sense. So she is in a car with a friend of whom they know the identity of or a "friend" that she met at the party that night? Can't they ping her phone?

And who rings their mother at 3am to remind them to pick them up the next morning?  :?

Re: Hilary Bonnell (16) was murdered by her cousin, who is a registered sex offender

[quote author=trepid link=topic=22538.msg1396845#msg1396845 date=1253908759]
    This makes no sense. So she is in a car with a friend of whom they know the identity of or a "friend" that she met at the party that night? Can't they ping her phone?

And who rings their mother at 3am to remind them to pick them up the next morning?  :?
    [/quote]

1.) I'm assuming that if the person giving Hilary a ride was a previously-known (to the family) friend, they are aware of his/her identity, but the authorities may be keeping their identity under wraps because of age restraints. 2.) As for pinging her phone, that's a really good question... 3.) Perhaps she promised her Mom she'd call after she left the party, regardless of the time? :?

I'm doing some more Googling to see if I can find anything more descriptive of the situation!

This article has more info, for sure:

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...article/788531

"ESGENOOPETITJ - It's every parent's single worst nightmare, and for the past six days Pamela Fillier has been living it.

Fillier's 16-year-old daughter, Hilary Bonnell, hasn't been seen or heard from since early Saturday morning. With each passing day, the physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted mother becomes more certain that this isn't simply a case of a teenage runaway.

Bonnell was last spotted just after 7 a.m. Saturday on a video surveillance camera at the Four D's convenience store in her home community of Esgenoopetitj First Nation after attending a house party during the night.

The last communication anybody had with her though, a chilling text message sent to her first cousin later Saturday morning, has Fillier convinced that her daughter is in immediate danger.

According to Bonnell's family and the cousin who received the text, the missing teen indicated that she was scared and wanted to get away from wherever she was.

Fillier said her daughter, like many teenage girls, is constantly texting her friends and family to maintain a line of communication.

She said Bonnell's cellphone likely either ran out of batteries or was turned off after that last message because all attempts to reach her thereafter were unsuccessful.

"I'm drained, empty, frustrated, I think I'm ready to snap and go on some wild rampage," said Fillier.

"She better come home safely, for the sake of the person that's doing this to my daughter ... that girl is my world."

Fillier said that her daughter never had any reason to run away from home, noting that the two of them had an extremely open relationship and that Bonnell, no matter where she was, always kept her mother up-to-date about her location and when she'd be home.

"I'm not a mother to run away from; that little girl asks for something and she's got it -- she's my diamond," she said.

"She would tell me things I didn't even want to hear, and then she'd giggle and say 'Sorry mom, I just don't want to lie to you.'"

Bonnell's cousin, Haylie Bonnell, was with the missing girl the night of the party and received the troubling text message the next morning.

Haylie said she's very worried about her cousin's safety, noting that Bonnell didn't have her purse, makeup, or any cash on her when she left the party.

She also said it was strange that Bonnell's cellphone was mysteriously turned off after she tried to contact her after receiving the text.

"Her cellphone is her life, it's just not like her," said Haylie.

"And she'd never leave for this long without her purse and her makeup. She would never do that," added longtime friend Chelsea Somerville.

Susan Ward, Bonnell's aunt, said Bonnell was supposed to stay the night at her house on the reserve after the party.

Ward said Bonnell sounded upbeat when she contacted her from the party that night. She said her niece has an extremely trusting and outgoing personality, sometimes to a fault.

"She's outgoing and naïve; she's gullible in a way that as long as you're smiling and polite, she'll talk to you," said Ward. "But what she doesn't realize is that people can be (trustworthy) one minute and then change the next minute."

Ward, Fillier, Haylie and Bonnell's friends yesterday said that a suspicious pickup truck has been seen in the community recently with the male driver reportedly making inappropriate comments to girls.

The information has been forwarded to the RCMP.

District 8 RCMP spokesman Francois Poirier said investigators are wading through several other pieces of information taken from people in the tight-knit community, but said there's still nothing concrete to go on.

A team from the Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue arrived in Esgenoopetitj yesterday morning and organized a search party for most of the day, scouring every nook and cranny of the first nation community.

Department of Fisheries and Oceans aircraft with infra-red capabilities could be seen performing flyovers throughout the afternoon.

Poirier said the RCMP Tech Crime Unit in Fredericton is busy examining activity on the girl's cellphone and Facebook page.

He said K-9 Units have yet to be brought in because investigators haven't been able to uncover a single piece of evidence that would carry a scent for the dogs to track.

"It's a missing person's case, and we're looking at all possibilities right now," he said.

"We have to work every lead we have as fast as we can, but we don't have any timeline arranged so we just have to go with the flow."

Poirier said Mounties are co-operating with the Miramichi Police Force, who has been executing neighbourhood checks and roadblocks in the city.

Although originally from Esgenoopetitj, Bonnell lives with her mother in Miramichi and is a student at Miramichi Valley High School.

Bonnell is 5-5 and weighs about 134 pounds. She is aboriginal and has long black hair and dark brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black sweater, purple T-shirt, blue jean shorts and flip-flops.

Anybody with information is being asked to contact RCMP Const. Joany Paradis at 779-5682 or the RCMP Neguac Detachment at 776-3000."

Cousin Haylie's MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/hayliebonnell

This one is making me feel really nervous. The fact that her cousin received that text message is alarming to say the least.

I wonder why the two became separated at the party or why they didn't leave together (especially if they were both heading to the same house) ... surely she or one of her friends must have some description of the person Hilary left with. Hopefully they can ping her cell location and/or find some more information on the vehicle she may of left in. If she's been taken out of the area, they will have to stop for gas at some point, so perhaps that might present the chance for the vehicle and occupant to be identified. 

God, I really hope they find this girl. It really gets to me the amount of young girls on here that just seemingly vanish and are never to be heard of again. I can't imagine what the families must go through in that time.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

October will be Women's History month. While the official theme is "women and sports," aboriginal women, and NGO's like Amnesty International will be raising awareness about missing and murdered aboriginal women during the first week. Some 520 aboriginal women have been murdered or have gone missing in Canada since 1970. More than half of the cases have occurred since 2000 ( ). More than two-thirds of the total number of women have been found dead, while 25 per cent are still missing. Here are three cases I have been following. Several opposition MP's and aboriginal groups have called for a national inquiry asking why cases remain unsolved and why aboriginal women are targeted. It's a good time to put some pressure on government to have a full inquiry.

Hillary Bonnell’s Mom: “Whoever has her, please don't hurt her; that little girl is my world."

16 year old Hillary Bonnell spent part of the summer in the Mi’kmaw community of Burnt Church, in New Brunswick. On September 5th 2009 she attended a late night party in the community. A friend gave Hilary a lift to a main highway, the well-travelled Route 11, about two kilometres from her aunt's house where she planned to spend the night. It was around 3 am, as she walked down the highway to her aunt’s when Bonnell telephoned her mother, Pam Fillier, who was in nearby Miramichi, reminding her they were to go shopping for new school clothes the next day. Hilary never made it to her aunt's house. Surveillance video taken from 4D's convenience store on the corner of Micmac Road and the well-travelled Route 11 showed the missing girl was there at about 7:30 a.m. Saturday and appeared to be alone. The last known communication with Hilary took place later Saturday morning when she sent a text message to her cousin, which indicated she was scared and wanted to “get away” but did not say where she was. Since that message was sent, Hilary’s cellphone has either been disconnected or drained of batteries, since all attempts to reach her have been unsuccessful. She had no purse, makeup, change of clothes, or cash

Hilary is aboriginal, has dark eyes and black, shoulder-length hair. She is 5-5 and weighs about 134 pounds. She was last seen wearing a purple T-shirt, a black sweater, jean shorts and sandals. Her community is offering a $15,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to her discovery. http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hilary-bonnell

http://crazybitchesrus.blogspot.com/2009/09/whoever-has-her-please-dont-hurt-her.html

Can you believe those statistics at the top of that article. 520 aboriginal women missing/murdered in Canada since 1970 and more than half of those have occurred since 2000! WTF.

According to this article, she was dropped off at the highway (Route 11) at 3am and was walking the rest of the way home, apparently alone. First of all, what sort of friend drops off a 16 year old girl at 3am on a highway to walk 2km to their house alone? And where was she between the hours of 3am to 7:30am when she was last seen at the convenience store? It just doesn't add up. 

here's a facebook group for hilary:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=143081423155

and this brief article has a different picture of hilary: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-no...094412-eng.htm

there's a ton of links on hilary.  i'll have to read through them when i get back.

[quote author=trepid link=topic=22538.msg1397294#msg1397294 date=1253954741]
    [i]Thursday, September 17, 2009

October will be Women's History month. While the official theme is "women and sports," aboriginal women, and NGO's like Amnesty International will be raising awareness about missing and murdered aboriginal women during the first week. Some 520 aboriginal women have been murdered or have gone missing in Canada since 1970. More than half of the cases have occurred since 2000 ( ). More than two-thirds of the total number of women have been found dead, while 25 per cent are still missing. Here are three cases I have been following. Several opposition MP's and aboriginal groups have called for a national inquiry asking why cases remain unsolved and why aboriginal women are targeted. It's a good time to put some pressure on government to have a full inquiry.

[/quote]

Something is up!  Do you think there is a serial killer going after aboriginal women?  Maybe even a group of evil like-minded individuals that are out to harm these women?

That statement is staggering!!  :-o

I am crossing my fingers that Hilary is found safely, but I don't have a good feeling about it.  This is awful.  Her poor Mom. 

I wonder if she really was alone at the convenience store or if she was dropped off a road or two away and made to go? What did she buy and what with if she had no purse? (if she did go inside at all?)

Why didn't see tell anyone there if something was going on. I understand someone might have picked her up after this point but she must of been somewhere between walking home and the morning, this is really strange but i hope she is ok.

[quote author=winters_footsteps link=topic=22538.msg1397541#msg1397541 date=1253994575]
    Something is up!  Do you think there is a serial killer going after aboriginal women?  Maybe even a group of evil like-minded individuals that are out to harm these women? [/quote]

I have to say that is the exact thought that crossed my mind winter  :| ... especially considering half of the missing/murdered cases are within the last 9 years. If they are being targeted, I have a sneaking suspicion if may be due to the lack of media/police resources.

Unless it is a domestic violence thing? ... I know the aboriginal people over here in Australia have an awful lot of problems within their own communities with domestic violence, alcoholism, etc. Still, those statistics are just outrageous!

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=22538.msg1397612#msg1397612 date=1254003578]
    I wonder if she really was alone at the convenience store or if she was dropped off a road or two away and made to go? What did she buy and what with if she had no purse? (if she did go inside at all?)[/quote]

Good point, she had neither any money nor a purse  :? The whole timeframe still doesn't make any sense either. It is just bizarre. I can't get this one out of my head ... I really hope they find her safe and sound soon. 

[quote author=trepid link=topic=22538.msg1397842#msg1397842 date=1254044558]
    I have to say that is the exact thought that crossed my mind winter  :| ... especially considering half of the missing/murdered cases are within the last 9 years. If they are being targeted, I have a sneaking suspicion if may be due to the lack of media/police resources.

Unless it is a domestic violence thing? ... I know the aboriginal people over here in Australia have an awful lot of problems within their own communities with domestic violence, alcoholism, etc. Still, those statistics are just outrageous!

Good point, she had neither any money nor a purse  :? The whole timeframe still doesn't make any sense either. It is just bizarre. I can't get this one out of my head ... I really hope they find her safe and sound soon. 
    [/quote]

Both of those are good theories on why there are so many of these women going missing in the past 9 years.

From what I gather on my fascination with all things crime news, serial killers tend to abduct women that are less likely to be "missed."  I know these women are missed, don't get me wrong, but the person(s) who might be doing this probably know the media won't give tons of attention to them for one reason or another... something I find unforgivable.  Frankly, it makes me sick how much attention they are willing to show beautiful women who go missing and then not even mention women who don't fit their mold of who deserves coverage.  It's sad how the media picks and chooses who they want to put on their newscasts... anyone missing under suspicious circumstances should get the same television/newspaper time.

There is no question that authorities should be looking into the insane numbers of these women disappearing... and I hope they will.

Still pulling for Hilary.  I really hope she is okay somewhere.

i think she must have accepted a ride from a stranger. i read up on the case and looked at articles and the facebook they've made for her, and that seems like the most probable scenario. the articles all talk about hilary texting her cousin about being scared at 2:30 am and then "no cell phone activity since then". I'm sure her phone just died. i reaally hope they find her. the facebook group has over 17,000 members and the community she went missing in has only 1,500 residents. things seem to be going in her favor, so hopefully she's found.

These timeframes are really not adding up. So she messaged her cousin at 2:30am saying she was scared and wanted to come home, yet was dropped off at the highway by the friend she left the party with at 3am, where she rang her mother as she was apparently walking alone down the highway on a 2kms to her aunty's house ... then her phone goes dead. Then the last sighting of her is at the store at 7:30am in the morning?  :?

[quote author=trepid link=topic=22538.msg1398423#msg1398423 date=1254121598]
    These timeframes are really not adding up. So she messaged her cousin at 2:30am saying she was scared and wanted to come home, yet was dropped off at the highway by the friend she left the party with at 3am, where she rang her mother as she was apparently walking alone down the highway on a 2kms to her aunty's house ... then her phone goes dead. Then the last sighting of her is at the store at 7:30am in the morning?  :?

[/quote]

yeah the police say they're slowly "creating a timeline".. someone saw her walking toward the convenience store at 6:30am and said she looked pretty drunk. the whole 3am-7am thing doesn't make the least bit of sense though. and i wonder how far away the convenience store is from her aunts house she was walking toward? i think she may have been with a boy during that 4 hour time period, then he dropped her off, then she went to the convenience store alone. but yeah, i remember reading her mom saying since hilary was drunk that it's very possible she could have thought it was okay to take a ride from a stranger.

:-(
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2009/11/13/nb-hilary-bonnell-1217.html#socialcomments
    Human remains found in N.B.; believed to be that of missing girl, 16, police say
    By Kevin Bissett (CP) – 3 hours ago

TRACADIE-SHEILA, N.B. — Human remains believed to be that of Hilary Bonnell, a 16-year-old girl whose disappearance gripped residents of a New Brunswick native community for two months, have been found, police said Friday.

Police announced they found the remains buried in a remote wooded location in the Tracadie-Sheila area, about an hour away from the Esgenoopetitj First Nation, more commonly known as Burnt Church, where Bonnell was last seen.

RCMP Insp. Roch Fortin said a suspect in her death is in custody, but no charges have been laid.

At a news conference, Fortin extended his sympathies to Bonnell's family, saying the past two months have been painful for them.

"They have been strong through this and patient," Fortin said.

"Some of the information they supplied contributed to help us find what happened to Hilary."

Fortin said evidence gathered last week during searches in Tabusintac and Burnt Church led police to the remote location.

"This investigation has been one of the most difficult and complicated that most senior investigators here have faced, and even the location where we recovered the human remains was difficult to reach," Fortin said, adding that an RCMP vehicle was damaged trying to navigate the difficult terrain.

Bonnell vanished on Sept. 5 after attending a house party the night before.

The girl's last confirmed sighting was recorded on surveillance footage that morning at a convenience store in the community.

Since then a major search was conducted and a combined reward of close to $18,000 was offered for information leading to her return.

The location where the remains were found is part of a former military training area.

Fortin said an autopsy would be conducted Saturday on the remains to confirm the identity, but he said other evidence gathered at the scene also suggested it was Bonnell.

Throughout the ordeal, Bonnell's mother Pamela Fillier has said that her daughter was not the type to run away, and that someone must have been responsible for her disappearance.

Fortin said that Fillier was a great benefit to the investigation with information and with spiritual support.

"A tobacco offering was given to us by the mother," he said Friday. "When she gave it to us, the same day, we got our major break in the investigation that allowed us to recover Hilary."

Fortin said there is still a lot of police work to complete, and would not suggest when charges might be laid.

"There is still some work to be done, but I think today the important part is the fact that Hilary has been found and has been brought home," he said.

RIP Hilary  :|

ETA: article link

urgh, that poor girl ... what a horrendous outcome. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

According to this article, Hilary's cousin (who is also a repeat sex offender  ), Curtis Wayne Bonnell, 29, was the one who revealed the location of Hilary's body ... so I am assuming he is the suspect in custody.

Repeat Sex Offender Curtis Bonnell discloses location of Hilary Bonnell's body

Canadian Crime News: : Sex Offences / Offenders Canadian Sex Offenders Registry Esgenoopetitj (Burnt Church) First Nation,New Brunswick,Sex Offender:sexual assault 2009 11 13 Under questioning by RCMP Officers, known Repeat Sex Offender Curtis Wayne Bonnell , 29, revealed the location of 16 year old Hilary Bonnell's body. Police had been searching in the former military firing range in Tracadie-Sheila where the body was located. The remains have been sent for additional testing and identification. An autopsy is scheduled to be performed in Saint John on Saturday. Evidence discovered at the scene, including some clothing, also suggests the body is Hilary's.

Hilary, 16, was last seen on Sept. 5 walking along Highway 11 in Esgenoopetitj, commonly known as Burnt Church. RCMP Insp. Roch Fortin mentioned Hilary's mother, Pam Fillier, who had given him a traditional "tobacco offering." It was that same day that there was a "major break" in the investigation that allowed police to recover Hilary, said Fortin, showing reporters the small, cloth sachet. "The RCMP will continue to work diligently to discover what happened to Hilary," Fortin said. "There's a lot of work still to be done for us to complete this investigation," he said, appealing to anyone with information to contact the RCMP or Crime Stoppers. "We need to finish what we started. We need to have a successful prosecution.........We need to ensure the individual or individuals [responsible] are not roaming the streets anymore."

Curtis Bonnell , who is a cousin of the missing Hilary, had been released from Prison about 2 years ago after serving 5 years for a previous sexual assault. He currently is being held in remand for another alleged sexual assault occuring at his residence last Saturday. That residence and another property were the subject of a massive, intensive search the previous week.

http://www.topix.com/ca/moncton-area-nb/2009/11/repeat-sex-offender-curtis-bonnell-discloses-location-of-hilary-bonnells-body

And another article that implicates the same man, Curtis Bonnell, is another recent alleged sexual assault involving another young girl:

Man faces sexual assault charges
    Published Wednesday November 11th, 2009

MIRAMICHI - An Esgenoopetitj First Nation man appeared in Miramichi provincial court yesterday, facing four charges relating to an alleged sexual assault involving a 17-year-old girl over the weekend.

Curtis Wayne Bonnell, 29, sat hunched over in the prisoners' box while Judge Geri Mahoney read the charges, which included sexual assault, unlawful confinement, resisting arrest and engaging in an act of anal intercourse.

He was arrested at a home registered to his father, Esgenoopetitj (Burnt Church) band councillor Christopher Bonnell, Sunday evening after police received a sexual assault complaint at about 6 a.m. earlier that day.

Curtis Bonnell is the cousin of missing 16-year-old Hilary Bonnell, whose Sept. 5 disappearance is also the subject of an RCMP investigation.

Wearing a gray sweat shirt and a ball cap, Curtis Bonnell complained multiple times to the court that he wasn't feeling well and sat slouched over in the prisoners' box, prompting the judge to ask if he was even paying attention.

Bonnell refused to speak with duty counsel Melanie MacAuley prior to his appearance and reiterated his desire to enter a plea on the spot.

The court told Bonnell he wouldn't be able to enter a plea until he spoke with a lawyer prior to a bail hearing scheduled for Friday morning.

He is being held in Moncton until then.

"But I'm objecting to the bail hearing; I want to go through to the next step," Bonnell said, raising his voice to the judge and swearing under his breath.

Curtis Bonnell

R.I.P Hilary. Here's hoping you and your family find swift justice.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

update:

MIRAMICHI - The first-degree murder case in the death of 16-year-old Hilary Bonnell has been adjourned for three weeks.

Curtis Wayne Bonnell, 29, appeared briefly before a packed Miramichi provincial court yesterday so that a preliminary hearing into the case could be arranged.

Bonnell was charged with the Sept. 5 murder of his cousin in December and is being detained at the Moncton Detention Centre.

Judge John Friel adjourned the case until March. 22 at 1:30 p.m. so Bonnell's defence could obtain proper disclosure.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/970352

so does this mean that the trial starts on march 22?   or thats when they set a date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I hate when stuff like this happens. It pains me to think that I was so careless when I was younger. I can't imagine what her family is STILL going through. It must be so hard.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Can this be moved to the 'found' section?

Thread Information