Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Myspace memorials and after death log ons

Re: Myspace memorials and after death log ons

My myspace is currently private, due to a job hunt...dont smite me!! But nobody knows my password just because I don't want any logging in after I die. I like to see the deceased myspaces untouched. It's kind of like that is what the person wanted on their page, so nobody else should get to mess with it.

Nobody knows my myspace password. I would want my page to remain untouched. I have noticed that sometimes memorial myspace pages are made for some of the people featured here but in time friends sometimes stop posting comments on the original myspace or the memorial myspace.

[quote author=blackclover2087 link=topic=12886.msg1353867#msg1353867 date=1249460626]
    My myspace is currently private, due to a job hunt...dont smite me!! But nobody knows my password just because I don't want any logging in after I die. I like to see the deceased myspaces untouched. It's kind of like that is what the person wanted on their page, so nobody else should get to mess with it.
    [/quote]

i feel the same way. the whole log in afterwards makes me feel weird. when you see how they left it, it give a more personal effect after reading that they died.  like you can see them as the person that they were, not like the person the friend, relative wanted them to be seen as. (did that make sense..too tired really to re-read it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Some of them need to be cleaned up before their families see them. I'm just saying 

My page is private, my comments need to be approved, BUT I do have MyDeathSpace on my friend's list, so they can go looking around and post whatever here :-)

I am gonna change my approval thing though - had to do it because I had a friend who loved posting all kinds of crap to my comments, especially that Blingee stuff.  Gross. lol

My girlfriend and I have all of each others passwords, kinda as a "show of faith" to each others trust (yeah yeah, lame but cool). So I dunno what she would do with my stuff if I died.

Also a few years ago a 16 year old girl in my city committed suicide and her family pretty much kept her myspace the same as it was, buuuuuut some of the family members who logged onto it would reply to messages sent to Heather, even post comments on peoples pages... How creepy is that?? Now THAT is something that shouldn't be done with someones page.

Plus her friends would send personal messages to her inbox, kinda like tossing a penny into a well... it's yours and your thoughts only, yet then all of a sudden family members were logging on and reading them. sad

Hello My brother passed on Aug.10,2009 and he still has a myspace and has a memorial page as well to me it's just away to talk to him even thou his dead. It makes me feel better to be able to send him message so he knows I love him and miss him dearly.

Sorry for your loss. My sister died almost 4 years ago and I still post on her guest book legacy obit, it makes me feel closer to her sometimes to write to her. It is kinda like a journal for me now.
    Its not easy to hide all this damage inside ~ Aaron Lewis

I agree, I run into a ton of these memorial sites, usually you can get lucky and can backtrack through the friends lists of those who post there who express friendship with the dead and find the original individual facebook site for the person who's being memorialized. I try to avoid sending in memorial sites unless there is no other option, and even then sometimes I just ignore them due to not wanting to clutter this place with sites that aren't really true nature of what this place was really designed for. For example, I could send in 4,000 sites that memorialize dead Mexican Narcos, but in doing so it would distract and degrade this place so I won't. As for the after death logg ons by friends or parents, I don't mind that, as long as the site was originally set up by the person who's dead a little alteration here or there really doesn't diminish the site and i find them worthy of sending in.

I was looking at a new death submitted http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012/08/29/Ryan_Marlowe_%2823%29_took_his_own_life"]http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012/08/29/Ryan_Marlowe_%2823%29_took_his_own_life
    And on his myspace in his about me it says "I am free. Free from running free from stress. I miss my children the most Mariah Nate and Trevon. I was real at all times and never scared of anything. To my family and friends I miss you and can't wait to see you at the gates. ya boy Ryan" Now that is really creepy to me. Unless he wrote it before he died? But I'm assuming someone else wrote it for him.

Thread Information