Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Myspace memorials and after death log ons

Myspace memorials and after death log ons

Going through the MDS profiles, I tend not to give much thought to the myspace memorials and after death log ons.  They don't intrigue me as much.  I like to see their pages how they left it.  Is anyone else like this? Its like when a child dies and the parents leave the room in tact.  I almost feel like its evidence thats been tainted. Also, I wonder how they get into their myspace pages on so many of the profiles. 

Re: Myspace memorials and after death log ons

Yeah I agree.  I've mentioned it before but I thought I'd brighten up your little thread.

I know some friends like to share their passwords with each other, for reasons I have no clue on. But one good reason why they do it is because not everybody is proud of some of the stuff they have done or have on their webpages and blogs. I knew a friend who does a lot of drugs and always asked friends to get rid of his stashes and other crap he had that he didn't want his parents and grandparents to find if he OD'd.

Even if there is no pact, some friends or family might decide that they don't want their dead friend remembered for their ICP wallpaper or their suicide note. I could be devastating for first time MySpace visitors to find out how much crap the kid did in their short lifetime.

I'm not sure on this, but maybe people can request for the password from MySpace or something.
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

[quote author=stonecoldnoob link=topic=12886.msg743189#msg743189 date=1203956567]
    Going through the MDS profiles, I tend not to give much thought to the myspace memorials and after death log ons.   They don't intrigue me as much.  I like to see their pages how they left it.  Is anyone else like this? Its like when a child dies and the parents leave the room in tact.  I almost feel like its evidence thats been tainted. Also, I wonder how they get into their myspace pages on so many of the profiles. 
    [/quote]

i couldnt agree more with you, that is actually one of the many reasons i am now addicted to this place... :kiss3:

[quote author=radman link=topic=12886.msg743265#msg743265 date=1203961415]
    I know some friends like to share their passwords with each other, for reasons I have no clue on. But one good reason why they do it is because not everybody is proud of some of the stuff they have done or have on their webpages and blogs. I knew a friend who does a lot of drugs and always asked friends to get rid of his stashes and other crap he had that he didn't want his parents and grandparents to find if he OD'd.

Even if there is no pact, some friends or family might decide that they don't want their dead friend remembered for their ICP wallpaper or their suicide note. I could be devastating for first time MySpace visitors to find out how much crap the kid did in their short lifetime.

I'm not sure on this, but maybe people can request for the password from MySpace or something.
    [/quote]

I have two cousins who are really close sisters and they know each passwords for MySpace and Facebook. I have seen profiles with log on after death and it could be a family member logging in. One of the recent articles was about Jessica Santos. It seems that Jessica only had her profile for two months before her death and afterwards her mom changed into a memorial page. Jessica's mom could have known her password. I can understand some people wanting to change profile information for friends or relatives.

A lot of teenagers store all of their passwords for everything in a notebook they have..  or at least they did when I was a teenager.  My brother got in a lot of trouble when my stepmom decided to snoop through our rooms.  So I think that is how a lot of parents get into their kids' pages.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

My mom has my MySpace password specifically for this site.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=stonecoldnoob link=topic=12886.msg743189#msg743189 date=1203956567]
    Going through the MDS profiles, I tend not to give much thought to the myspace memorials and after death log ons.   They don't intrigue me as much.  I like to see their pages how they left it.  Is anyone else like this? Its like when a child dies and the parents leave the room in tact.  I almost feel like its evidence thats been tainted. Also, I wonder how they get into their myspace pages on so many of the profiles. 
    [/quote]
    me on the other hand, i like to go read the comments left by the deceased friends, idk why makes me sad but i still do it

[quote author=metalmon1188 link=topic=12886.msg943659#msg943659 date=1217079999]
    me on the other hand, i like to go read the comments left by the deceased friends, idk why makes me sad but i still do it
    [/quote]

Reading about the memories they shared with other people is definitely interesting and sad; every person is like a story in that sense. As far as the passwords go, I wrote mine down and hid it, with instructions to it's location.

Also, when I leave things on there I make sure It's something I wouldn't mind people reading, and nothing to damning of personal nature. But one never knows, I hope nobody ever has to go digging for that password.

[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12886.msg975118#msg975118 date=1219132053]

Reading about the memories they shared with other people is definitely interesting and sad; every person is like a story in that sense. As far as the passwords go, I wrote mine down and hid it, with instructions to it's location.

Also, when I leave things on there I make sure It's something I wouldn't mind people reading, and nothing to damning of personal nature. But one never knows, I hope nobody ever has to go digging for that password.

[/quote]

eventualy someone will need to look for it.  your ass will die one day.  lets just hope you didnt forget where you put it.  :lol:

[quote author=S281Saleen160 link=topic=12886.msg975194#msg975194 date=1219142108]
    eventualy someone will need to look for it.  your ass will die one day.  lets just hope you didnt forget where you put it.  :lol:
    [/quote]

You kidding me? I'm going to live forever!  :2tongue:

No, but honestly, it's all taken care of. What are you going to do?

[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12886.msg975195#msg975195 date=1219142486]

You kidding me? I'm going to live forever!  :2tongue:

No, but honestly, it's all taken care of. What are you going to do?
    [/quote]

yeak ok.

what am i gonna do about what?

i see a lot of people who get offended because their sister, friend, cousin, mom, dad, whoever is on mydeathspace.. my friend and i found mydeathspace together and we both know that is one of the first things we will do after the greiving, is add each other to this site..

i hate looking at someones myspace and knowing that someone logged in after they have passed.. i like to see how they left the page. its also very eery to see that they logged in the same day they died.

my husband has my myspace password and im sure he will go onto my myspace and change everything, i should tell him not to.

ack! I would haunt whom ever went in and changed MY space page!!! I hate when ppl do that, I agree with it becoming tainted etc...I'm a weirdo and want to see what the ppl were really like, the good the bad and the ugly. { I read comments left by friends also! Some are sad, others funny, what is the worst is when there is an MDS and noone posts on their Myspace, makes you wonder about the deceaseds' life and why no one would have anything to say to them after passing.....

[/quote]
    I agree.  Memorial pages are so sanitized and impersonal.  You might as well just read the obit and leave it at that.

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=12886.msg1117718#msg1117718 date=1229387943]
    ack! I would haunt whom ever went in and changed MY space page!!! I hate when ppl do that, I agree with it becoming tainted etc...I'm a weirdo and want to see what the ppl were really like, the good the bad and the ugly. { I read comments left by friends also! Some are sad, others funny, what is the worst is when there is an MDS and noone posts on their Myspace, makes you wonder about the deceaseds' life and why no one would have anything to say to them after passing.....
    [/quote]

They might have it set up where they have to approve comments. Since they're dead, they can't.

I hate hate HATE when people's myspaces get maimed after they die.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=12886.msg1117843#msg1117843 date=1229395366]
    They might have it set up where they have to approve comments. Since they're dead, they can't.
    [/quote]

ah, that would make sense....I smoke to much, my brain doesnt click too quick at times....

My comments need approval before posting, and i always think, should i change that, because if something were to happen, no body could post any memorial on my page....

uhhh..... gosh, im gonna go change it. i guessss i dont haveeee to approve them....  :oops:

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=12886.msg1121112#msg1121112 date=1229635310]
    My comments need approval before posting, and i always think, should i change that, because if something were to happen, no body could post any memorial on my page....

uhhh..... gosh, im gonna go change it. i guessss i dont haveeee to approve them....   :oops:
    [/quote]

shit, me too, I should change it in case I fall over and bash my head in the shower, but fuck it, Im a risk taker, I'll do it after I shower......

My best friend has my password so she can make my page public and make my blogs so they are no longer friends only. I had to do that now to keep the ex drama factor from being in my life..but after I'm dead I won't give a shit... She knows not to change anything else..and to email feme with an obit. :)
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

after death log ons ruin everything...

My son Joe Russo was murdered on Jan 11, 09.  His dad has kept his my space page going since he died.  We have made no changes.  It is just as he left it, except for people leaving memorials, and people trying to get in touch with us.

I came here, because when I googled my son's name it said he was featured on this site.  I can't find it.  Can anyone help?

It also might be under Joseph Russo

Thanks

Luanne

[quote author=Luanne21 link=topic=12886.msg1203681#msg1203681 date=1236183714]
    My son Joe Russo was murdered on Jan 11, 09.  His dad has kept his my space page going since he died.  We have made no changes.  It is just as he left it, except for people leaving memorials, and people trying to get in touch with us.

I came here, because when I googled my son's name it said he was featured on this site.  I can't find it.  Can anyone help?

It also might be under Joseph Russo

Thanks

Luanne
    [/quote]

Wow, I'm very sorry for your loss, let me see if I can locate the article.

UPDATE I did find it, here's the link to the article:

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/02/23/Joseph_Russo_(20)_was_shot_to_death_by_Markieh_Tho mpson_(20)_in_a_fight

I also started a thread to open up a discussion if you'd like. Once again, so sorry for your loss.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=18929.0

It always fascinates me how quickly a myspace memorial will go up. Especially when it used to be their personal page. Sometimes its even within a day. Is that the first thing they think to do?
    I don't look at them much either, though. Its so much more interesting when it is exactly how they left it.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

Thread Information