Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another missing myspacer

Another missing myspacer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061009/ap_on_re_us/missing_student;_ylt=AndJLUAEvk2aLTitI28b9f1vzwcF; _ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

Police search for missing UVM student

Local police are searching for a University of Vermont student last seen early Saturday morning as she was walking back to campus from downtown.

City and UVM police are calling the disappearance of Michelle Gardner-Quinn of Arlington, Va., "suspicious."

Gardner-Quinn, 21, was last seen at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday, Burlington police said..

Gardner-Quinn's roommate, Erin Degraw, said Sunday that people were worried and upset.

"No one's heard from her since Friday night," said roommate Eric Degraw, an 18-year-old freshman from Honeoye, N.Y.

Gardner-Quinn's friends distributed missing-person fliers through Burlington on Sunday. The five s went out Friday to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday by visiting several Burlington bars.

Gardner-Quinn left before the others to walk back to her room, said friend Tommy Lang.

She walked part of the way with a "random guy" whose cell phone she had borrowed.

That person has talked with authorities and is not suspected of wrongdoing.

"She never made it back to the dorms," Lang said.

Gardner-Quinn's parents, in town for UVM's Family Weekend, reported her missing when she didn't show up for dinner, Saturday evening, said friend Julia Martin, 19, of Hopewell, N.J.

"She's not the type of person who would just disappear," Lang said.

"We're obviously very concerned. We have a student that nobody has seen or heard from going on 48 hours now," said UVM spokesman Enrique Corredera. "We're hoping by some chance it's some kind of miscommunication or misunderstanding that will allow the possibility that she's fine."

Gardner-Quinn is described as 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighs 135 pounds. She has shoulder-length brown hair and a piercing in her nose, Burlington police said in a news release. She was last seen, she was wearing a gray coat, a green cardigan sweater and a light blue T-shirt.

Anyone with information is asked to call Burlington police at 658-2700.

Here's her profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =1751485

Re: Another missing myspacer

uh oh.
    looks like she might end up on this site. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

it sucks when this happens to innocent people
    the streets are no longer safe
    It's like the world of A Clockwork Orange
    for you literate people out there
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4396088473904776675&q=trampoline+basketball&am p;hl=en

i hope this girl makes it home safely..her friends posted a comment "come back to us"; maybe she had thoughts of getting away for a bit. sounds way too suspicious to me..hope she is safe :-o
    &quot;Why does the rest of the world put up with the hypocrisy, the need to put a happy face on sorrow&quot; Elizabeth<br />Wurtzel &quot;fear is in our minds&quot; Amy Lee<br />

Last night they were saying they had a man of interest, car descript and everything.&nbsp; Whats scary is someone tried to pick up a student like 20 minutes before her.&nbsp; She had 5 blocks to walk home from the party or whatever she was at.&nbsp; Kinda far if someone is looking to kidnap a woman.

Nancy Grace is covering this case pretty well (surprise).&nbsp; But I'm glad she is, I hope she's found safe and sound.&nbsp; But I just don't have a great feeling about it, it was Parents Weekend there and she never showed up.&nbsp; They had her parents on Nancy's show last night, and it broke my heart hearing her dad plead for whoever has her to just let her go :(

...and I gotta add my oops for starting a duplicate thread in another part of the forum, sorry bout that

[quote author=dIXie Whiskey link=topic=1980.msg70844#msg70844 date=1160595708]
    Last night they were saying they had a man of interest, car descript and everything. Whats scary is someone tried to pick up a student like 20 minutes before her. She had 5 blocks to walk home from the party or whatever she was at. Kinda far if someone is looking to kidnap a woman.

Nancy Grace is covering this case pretty well (surprise). But I'm glad she is, I hope she's found safe and sound. But I just don't have a great feeling about it, it was Parents Weekend there and she never showed up. They had her parents on Nancy's show last night, and it broke my heart hearing her dad plead for whoever has her to just let her go :(

...and I gotta add my oops for starting a duplicate thread in another part of the forum, sorry bout that
    [/quote]

this is exactly why more people should visit MDS.&nbsp; wtf was she doing walking home alone in the middle of the night?&nbsp; and who the hell let her?&nbsp; i know she walked half-way with some random guy, which is so dangerous in itself.&nbsp; but then he let her walk the rest of the way... alone??&nbsp; damnit, i bet he feels bad.&nbsp;

Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

someone is out there killing college students...it's crazy the number of them that&nbsp; have just disappeared into thing air&nbsp;

[quote author=totally curious link=topic=1980.msg71191#msg71191 date=1160607105]
    someone is out there killing college students...it's crazy the number of them thatÂ* have just disappeared into thing airÂ*
    [/quote]

The information age, could be that since we have access to this information we are noticing it more rather than more cases of it.&nbsp; Then again, more people on the planet, more shit goes down and the statistics will stay the same.

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=1980.msg71199#msg71199 date=1160607308]
    The information age, could be that since we have access to this information we are noticing it more rather than more cases of it.Â* Then again, more people on the planet, more shit goes down and the statistics will stay the same.
    [/quote]

Plus, the media picks and chooses what stories to report.&nbsp; It has most likely been happening more than we know of, but the media goes through fads.&nbsp; For a couple weeks it's child abductions/ murders (even though it's happening constantly), then the next few weeks might be college students murdered, etc.

This is why I carry a knife AND pepper spray.

College campuses and the surrounding areas can be super dangerous despite what most people think.&nbsp; Especially on Thur, Fri, and Sat nights when the parties break up.

on her myspace it says something about going on a roadtrip....hope someone looked into that.

[quote author=Special Ed link=topic=1980.msg72261#msg72261 date=1160677799]
    on her myspace it says something about going on a roadtrip....hope someone looked into that.
    [/quote]

Kind of an odd time to head out on a roadtrip, it was family weekend, her parents were up at her school.&nbsp; Besides that, I'm thinking she would have mentioned it to someone if she were heading out.&nbsp; Hmmm, I wonder what her grades were like.......

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=1980.msg72335#msg72335 date=1160679882]
    Kind of an odd time to head out on a roadtrip, it was family weekend, her parents were up at her school.Â* Besides that, I'm thinking she would have mentioned it to someone if she were heading out.Â* Hmmm, I wonder what her grades were like.......
    [/quote]

I looked into it.&nbsp; Michelle left a message on her friend's myspace about going on a roadtrip over Thanksgiving.&nbsp; Did anyone notice her about me?&nbsp;
    Michelle's Blurbs
    About me:
    can i travel with you??&nbsp;

They found her. :(

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/10/13/tv_uvm_students_body_reportedly_found/

Damn, guess when they have a cause of death it'll be time to submit herÂ*

*corrected AFTER I went out for a drink.....it's been a long week*

Geez...can't a girl walk around town at night and borrow a guys cell phone and not get killed????&nbsp;

some 36 yr old pervert killed her that poor woman :(

i'm gonna go bawl

[quote author=dIXie Whiskey link=topic=1980.msg74548#msg74548 date=1160786463]
    some 36 yr old pervert killed her that poor woman :(

i'm gonna go bawl
    [/quote]

they found out who did it?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=1980.msg74553#msg74553 date=1160786553]
    they found out who did it?
    [/quote]

I can't think of his name offhand, but she used his cellphone because hers was dead...and he was the last person she was seen with on surveillance :(&nbsp; So yeah, they do have a guy in custody, right now.

Girls really need to get a 'buddy' system goin on campuses.&nbsp; Or if you walk alone, carry some damn mace.&nbsp; But the thing is, it seems he was friendly with her, so her guard was down.&nbsp; Still so sad, i'm probably going to have nightmares over her, this one really gets me for some reason.

Here's just one link I found on it
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2006/10/14/worst_fears_come_true_in_vt_search/

oh man, here's a small excerpt from the article, it's pretty damning
    Rooney's former father-in-law described him as an erratic and abusive man unable to hang on to jobs and chronically behind on child support payments.

``He's the scum of the earth,&quot; Roger Martin of Craftsbury, Vt., said in an interview this week. ``He'd make my daughter do things she didn't want to do. . . . If she didn't do it, he'd say he'd hurt himself.&quot;

Rooney was $13,000 behind in child support to Martin's daughter, with whom he has an 8-year-old girl, Martin said. He also said that Rooney often sniffed gasoline and aerosol cans to get high.

Rooney, most recently employed as a construction worker, has been accused of violence toward women in the past, court documents show.

A 23-year-old former girlfriend sought a restraining order in November 2005, alleging that Rooney ``has been sexually and emotionally abusive.&quot;

``I don't feel safe going anywhere by myself, because he shows up everywhere I go,&quot; wrote the woman, with whom Rooney had another child. ``Brian is always driving by my house, following me, calling.&quot;

[quote author=dIXie Whiskey link=topic=1980.msg74706#msg74706 date=1160814995]
    I can't think of his name offhand, but she used his cellphone because hers was dead...and he was the last person she was seen with on surveillance :(Â* So yeah, they do have a guy in custody, right now.

Girls really need to get a 'buddy' system goin on campuses.Â* Or if you walk alone, carry some damn mace.Â* But the thing is, it seems he was friendly with her, so her guard was down.Â* Still so sad, i'm probably going to have nightmares over her, this one really gets me for some reason.

Here's just one link I found on it
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2006/10/14/worst_fears_come_true_in_vt_search/

oh man, here's a small excerpt from the article, it's pretty damning
    Rooney's former father-in-law described him as an erratic and abusive man unable to hang on to jobs and chronically behind on child support payments.

``He's the scum of the earth,&quot; Roger Martin of Craftsbury, Vt., said in an interview this week. ``He'd make my daughter do things she didn't want to do. . . . If she didn't do it, he'd say he'd hurt himself.&quot;

Rooney was $13,000 behind in child support to Martin's daughter, with whom he has an 8-year-old girl, Martin said. He also said that Rooney often sniffed gasoline and aerosol cans to get high.

Rooney, most recently employed as a construction worker, has been accused of violence toward women in the past, court documents show.

A 23-year-old former girlfriend sought a restraining order in November 2005, alleging that Rooney ``has been sexually and emotionally abusive.&quot;

``I don't feel safe going anywhere by myself, because he shows up everywhere I go,&quot; wrote the woman, with whom Rooney had another child. ``Brian is always driving by my house, following me, calling.&quot;

[/quote]

I read a similar article this morning.&nbsp; Last thing I read yesterday was that the guy who she borrowed the cell phone from did not seem suspicious.&nbsp; Here is an excerpt from the article I read this morning:

After a night of drinking, she had become separated from her friends and met Rooney - a stranger - as she walked along heavily traveled Main Street, which runs between downtown and the campus.

Tommy Lang, 21, a friend whom Gardner-Quinn called when she borrowed Rooney's phone, said Friday that nothing seemed amiss when he last spoke with her.

&quot;She sounded completely fine and normal and exactly the way she did when she left us,&quot; said Lang, a University of Vermont senior who grew up with Gardner-Quinn in Virginia. &quot;There wasn't anything that made me worry or made me suspicious that anything was going on.&quot;

Lang said he called the number Gardner-Quinn had used and spoke to a man.

&quot;He really didn't tell me a whole lot. He basically said he saw her walking up the hill toward the dorms and that's about it,&quot; he said.
    http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_2V...d=ap&amp;top=1

That is creepy.&nbsp; This is another reason that teens and college students need to read this site.&nbsp; I remember being a college student.&nbsp; The dorms were a short walk from the bars.&nbsp; The same thing could have happened to me. Like you said, everyone needs to have a buddy system. Even people who work late and have to walk to their cars.&nbsp; No one should walk alone.

This day and age ya just can't.&nbsp; I have to walk alone, but I take my dog and a can of pepper spray.&nbsp; Thinkin' bout taking self defense and karate.&nbsp; I've had more than one guy give me the creeps...stops and tries to get you to the car to tell him where he's going.&nbsp; I'm like go away Ted Bundy or my dog will bite your balls off!&nbsp; :|

what kinda dog do you have?

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=1980.msg75360#msg75360 date=1160927869]
    what kinda dog do you have?
    [/quote]

German Shorthaired Pointers..I have a 5yr old, and just got a male puppy who's going to be huge, and he's already protective of me.

[quote author=dIXie Whiskey link=topic=1980.msg75713#msg75713 date=1160949445]
    German Shorthaired Pointers..I have a 5yr old, and just got a male puppy who's going to be huge, and he's already protective of me.
    [/quote]

awww, those are beautiful dogs!

[quote author=pyro_maverick link=topic=1980.msg68712#msg68712 date=1160444924]
    it sucks when this happens to innocent people
    the streets are no longer safe
    It's like the world of A Clockwork Orange
    for you literate people out there
    [/quote]

The streets in larger urban areas have never been safe, well perhaps in 1680 or somesuch. But when you're younger you may hear and read about such horrific crimes....you don't think it will happen to you...or that you're invulnerable....so you walk home alone at 2.30A. I know i did....but after a few attacks and being accosted by jerks...I certainly do not anymore.

Thread Information