Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948222#msg948222 date=1217431361]
    Wonder why they wanted to throw their lives away for something this cruel and, well, dumb?
    [/quote]

Wonder why people ask stupid questions?

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948512#msg948512 date=1217444331]
    Some people are just miserable and make everything around them that way too.[/quote]

I'm guessing you speak from experience?

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948557#msg948557 date=1217445685]
    Dog owners are worse because they CHOOSE to get the pets in the first place, whereas people with babies often just find themselves pregnant and forced to care for a child they aren't ready for.
    [/quote]

Yeah, because they don't have abortions these days...

:lol:
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

This actually made me dry heave. They are pure evil. I don't have children of my own and don't want any, but I could never ever ever leave a child to starve and die. What is wrong with people. I understand when there is pps, not that that makes it any easier to swallow. But this was pure malice with two cognitive people eating and playing video games.

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

Mememe, stop trolling. I'm not gonna' bite.

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948557#msg948557 date=1217445685]This is the same mentality of the people with this baby. People think babies and puppies are so cute, but then the day in and day out responsibilities become so tiresome and lame that they don't want to deal with it after a while.&nbsp; Dog owners are worse because they CHOOSE to get the pets in the first place, whereas people with babies often just find themselves pregnant and forced to care for a child they aren't ready for.[/quote]

You are right.&nbsp; That baby was no more important to them than a whiny puppy in a tiny carrier.&nbsp; Your ex-gf actually showed more compassion for that annoying little dog than these two cretins did for that beautiful little baby boy.&nbsp; I agree with life in prison (unless the State agrees to strap them into chairs and starve them to death because I'd really like to see that), but not in segregation.&nbsp; Life in Prison.&nbsp; No chance of parole.&nbsp; Ever.&nbsp; General Population.&nbsp; Hell, given 'em a choice:&nbsp; GP or starve.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

these parents should be chained up to an adult sized car seat so they can starve to death and sit in their own feces. fuckers. some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate if they don't want to be an actual PARENT.

i'm so bitter when i hear cases like this. so many people want to have kids but can't. assholes like this couple have kids, treat them like this and leave them to die. seriously...i. just. don't. get. it.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

[quote author=butterflykim link=topic=12813.msg955189#msg955189 date=1217904150]
    these parents should be chained up to an adult sized car seat so they can starve to death and sit in their own feces. fuckers. some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate if they don't want to be an actual PARENT.

i'm so bitter when i hear cases like this. so many people want to have kids but can't. assholes like this couple have kids, treat them like this and leave them to die. seriously...i. just. don't. get. it.
    [/quote]

Yet people think there is a loving, all-powerful god running the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

If you don't want your baby, just take it to a fire department building. No questions asked. No judgement. No paperwork. How hard to do is that???? At least you could live with yourself knowing you did the best thing for the child.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE55O63I20090625

Illinois man sentenced for neglect death of son
    Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36pm EDT&nbsp; Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page[-] Text [+]
    PEORIA, Illinois (Reuters) - The father of a starved 5-month-old U.S. boy who died after his skin was eaten away by bacteria from a soiled diaper was sentenced in Illinois on Thursday to 100 years in prison for neglect.

&quot;I don't believe that someone who would let a 5-month-old rot to death deserves&quot; an explanation for the harsh sentence, Peoria County Circuit Judge James Shadid said in ordering James Sargent to prison.

Sargent, 24, read a 15-page statement in court about society's impending demise without mentioning his son, Benjamin, whose body was found by authorities in February 2008. Sargent was convicted in April of murder in the boy's death.

The baby's last meal likely came three to four days before his death from bacteria that had dissolved part of his skin and seeped into his body.

Sargent's defense attorney argued that he suffered from mental illness that led him to seal himself off from reality and withdraw into a character from &quot;The Lord of the Rings,&quot; the J.R.R Tolkien fantasy.

The boy's mother, Tracy Hermann, who left with her boyfriend days before the death, goes on trial on neglect charges in October.

(Reporting by Andy Kravetz; Writing by Andrew Stern)

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Thanks for the update, DS.&nbsp; I hope he lives every one of those 100 years.&nbsp;
    Like Kim, I'd love to see him in the general population.&nbsp; I know it's not likely, but it would give me a small bit of happiness in an otherwise deplorable situation.

I missed this the first time around.&nbsp; Wow now these are some heartless parents.

I hope he not only lives those 100years but suffers every one of them.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

OK i dont know if anyone asked this question but ..........What was up with the parents .Were they together? cause it said she went to her boyfriends house days before baby died?

Like everyone here said, this guy deserves to suffer every single minute of those 100 years.

I hope the mother gets the same sentence.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg1315934#msg1315934 date=1246016711]

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36pm EDT&nbsp; Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page[-] Text [+]
    PEORIA, Illinois (Reuters) - The father of a starved 5-month-old U.S. boy who died after his skin was eaten away by bacteria from a soiled diaper was sentenced in Illinois on Thursday to 100 years in prison for neglect.

&quot;I don't believe that someone who would let a 5-month-old rot to death deserves&quot; an explanation for the harsh sentence, Peoria County Circuit Judge James Shadid said in ordering James Sargent to prison.[/quote]

Awesome!&nbsp; Judge Shadid is my new hero.&nbsp;

I wonder if the mother will have the same judge?&nbsp; Probably not.&nbsp; I'm sure her lawyers will make sure that doesn't happen.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=12813.msg1331715#msg1331715 date=1247394156]
    Awesome!&nbsp; Judge Shadid is my new hero.&nbsp;

[/quote]

+1!&nbsp; So happy to not see another case of neglect where the punishment is a slap on the wrist
    Team Leyash

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg1315934#msg1315934 date=1246016711]

&quot;I don't believe that someone who would let a 5-month-old rot to death deserves&quot; an explanation for the harsh sentence, Peoria County Circuit Judge James Shadid said in ordering James Sargent to prison.

Sargent, 24, read a 15-page statement in court about society's impending demise without mentioning his son, Benjamin, whose body was found by authorities in February 2008. Sargent was convicted in April of murder in the boy's death.

The baby's last meal likely came three to four days before his death from bacteria that had dissolved part of his skin and seeped into his body.

Sargent's defense attorney argued that he suffered from mental illness that led him to seal himself off from reality and withdraw into a character from &quot;The Lord of the Rings,&quot; the J.R.R Tolkien fantasy.

The boy's mother, Tracy Hermann, who left with her boyfriend days before the death, goes on trial on neglect charges in October.

(Reporting by Andy Kravetz; Writing by Andrew Stern)

[/quote]

I've avoided this thread because, as a parent, stories like this absolutely break my heart.&nbsp; Thank you for the update DS.

There is a very special place in hell for these two &quot;parents&quot;. I hope the bitch gets 100 years too.

I used to work in a child abuse shelter. I did this job for 3 years and a lot of the time I left work in shear shock. It was like standing in the middle of a on going war. Ive seen a lot and this is the kind of horror that brings me right back to those work days. It's been a knife to my heart reading this poor child's story.

I have read the entire thread and I have a question I was wondering if anyone knows (If I missed it I apologize)

1. Who ended up finding the child and calling police? Usually they explain how it was discovered and by who. Did the parent finally wake up and realize what he had done?

2. Did the coroner say exactly how long they felt the child was dead for? Another piece of information they usually release. Especially when a child is found after so long usually people want to know how long it suffered for.

Thanks to anyone who may have these answers.&nbsp; :-)

This literally makes me sick to my stomach.&nbsp; I hope those parents rot in hell, I as a parent cannot fathom leaving my child in a carseat and starve them......&nbsp;

I googled their address and google maps gives you a street view photograph of the house. It has a for sale sign when the photo was taken.

The house is so tiny!! How that little baby could be so close and they just walk by. I am sure after just a few days their had to be a horrific smell. How could they just live their and do nothing?

You can see by the photo that the garage is actually detached and at the back of the property.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;q=3012+W.+Proctor+Peoria+il&amp;um= 1&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;split=0&amp;gl=us&amp;ei=DWNeSvr9LojJlAed7Mz iDA&amp;sa=X&amp;oi=geocode_result&amp;ct=title&am p;resnum=1

I noticed in the early pages of this post someone talked about the mother blog and how she complained about her &quot;husband&quot;... The husband she is speaking of is the father of her first child.

&quot;Court records indicate Hermann was divorced last year from the man
    with whom she had her first child, a girl who turned 4 on Friday. That
    child was removed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family
    Services in a court filing earlier this week.&quot;

Benjamin's father James was totally screwed up! If I was a family member KNOWING how screwed up this guy was I wouldn't be dropping a baby off anywhere near him. Whether it was his or not..

&quot;Lyons has said there were no obvious signs of mental illness or drug
    use. Rose Sargent said she didn't know about drugs but stated James
    Sargent suffered in the past from depression, ADHD, anxiety and
    bipolar disorders.

&quot;

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008-02/msg02616.html

&quot;Lyons has said there were no obvious signs of mental illness or drug
    use. Rose Sargent said she didn't know about drugs but stated James
    Sargent suffered in the past from depression, ADHD, anxiety and
    bipolar disorders.

&quot;

even if you knew someone suffered from &quot;depression, adhd, anxiety AND bipolar&quot;&nbsp; WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE A&nbsp; 5-MONTH OLD BABY THERE!!!&nbsp; uggh, this really bothers me...

Am I the only one that thinks the two of you are the same poster?&nbsp;

My thoughts exactly eauclaire. I'm sure people in this world suffer from those things and with treatment are good parents. But to have ALL of those things and obviously not being in treatment or medications is a ticking time bomb.

This doesn't explain the Mother's actions, I guess she was just a horrific heartless monster but at least there was some signs before this happened that the father may not be the best guardian for this child. And yet he was entrusted with the life of a tiny innocent human being.&nbsp; :x No one checked on him or that baby for over a week.&nbsp;

If I knew my son had those things I would be at that house every other day. And thats if I wasn't in court fighting for custody for the safety and well being of my grandson.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=12813.msg1335296#msg1335296 date=1247701354]
    Am I the only one that thinks the two of you are the same poster?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

What?! I only have one account on this website. You can ask the administraters. Why would I be posting as two people?&nbsp;

[quote author=Mandy55 link=topic=12813.msg1335302#msg1335302 date=1247701660]
    What?! I only have one account on this website. You can ask the administraters. Why would I be posting as two people?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I don't know, but the two of you show up, same time, same place and start posting like gang-busters.
    Far stranger things have happened around here.&nbsp; Far, far stranger.

Wow, because someone replies to a thread that I bumped up about something really sick and disgusting I get accused of making double accounts and talking to myself. I've been a lurker on this site for a long time and I finally decide to create and account and join in with everyone and this is what happens.

I do hope that an administrator or someone who can look up my I.P. and the other persons I.P. and prove that it's not me. I'm really offended.&nbsp; :-(

Thread Information