Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

and the people who "support" them,  need to be starved to death as well..how can you support what they have done??
    Some people live their whole life wondering if they'll make a difference. My brother is a soldier. He doesn't have that problem! .....Proud Army sister!

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

Does Illinois have the death penalty ?

in the "updated" picture he appears to be of normal size. i imagine his body weight dwindled down to 10 pounds due to the fact that he starved to death. i would think the majority of his weight loss occured in those 8 days. it doesn't look like he was starved from the time of his birth to the time of his death.

as for the fact that her name isn't katie...that is strange. i too thought that perhaps katie was her middle name, but everything i've seen lists her name as "tracey d. hermann".

either way...when these two douche wads land themselves in prison for the rest of their lives, their fellow inmates are going to have a FIELD DAY with them.

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

[quote author=KillerBeautyQueen link=topic=12813.msg739880#msg739880 date=1203726297]
    Does Illinois have the death penalty ?
    [/quote]

yes
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

From the obit....emphasis is mine here.

PEORIA - Benjamin Allen Reeve Sargent, 5 months, of Peoria passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008, at his residence in Peoria.

Benjamin was born Aug. 27, 2007, to James E. Sargent and Tracy Del Hermann of Peoria.

Benjamin is survived by his [glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]loving parents[/glow][/glow]; a sister, Natalie-Grace Hermann of Peoria; grandparents, Thomas Eugene (Rosemary Irene) Sargent of Marquette Heights, Ill., and Wendell Allen (Connie Lou) Bohna of Topeka, Ill.; great-grandparents, James Murrell of Washington, Ill., Del (Marian) Bruderer of Tremont, Utah, and Cozette Bohna of Beaverton, Ore.; uncles, John Oliver Bohna of Topeka, Ill., and Joseph Conrad Bohna of Peoria; aunts, Kellie Christine Kuberski of McMinnville, Ore., Jennie Rose Eilene Bohna of Topeka, Ill., and Julie Ann Bohna of Topeka, Ill.; and great-aunts, Brenda Murrell of Washington, Ill., Ruth Damm of Washington, Ill., and Linda (Dr. Daniel) Hoffman of Mount Vernon, Ill.

from a news website- comments.
    http://www.week.com/news/local/15849117.html
    Ms. Ford wrote ...

I was a friend of Tracy's for years since we were kids, james and tracy lived with my fieonce and i in peoria about two years ago and i took care of her , tracy never wanted anything to do with her until her ex-husband wanted custody. Tracy will never feel remorse for what she has done because she will never take responsability for her own actions. James is just plain sick he always has been, three days after the death he was at my home and felt no remorse for ben. He just wanted tracy. (I assume she is talking about the daughter)

cheryl wrote ...

i just wanted to comment on where the rest of the family members were. james and tracy just disappeared after ben was born (actually long before that). i am one of those family members and i would have raised ben if they would have let me (many of my faimly members agree. at christmas things seemed ok something happened between now and then. they are awful people i think they should be left to the same faith the gave baby ben. they would know what their innocent baby went through. rot in hell

And this just came in...
    Parents Accused of Killing Child Waive Bond Hearing
    Reported by: Lori Obert - WMBD/WYZZ

Friday, Feb 22, 2008 @06:08pm CST

WMBD/WYZZ - PEORIA --  The Peoria couple facing murder charges in the death of their five-month old son was in court today for a bond hearing.  Tracy Hermann and James Sargent are accused of leaving their son in a car seat in a crib for eight days without moving the child or giving him food.

On Wednesday, Circuit Court Judge Glenn Collier ordered Tracy Herman and James Sargent be held without bail.  Today the attorney representing the couple waived their right to a bond hearing.

State's Attorney Kevin Lyons said when no bail is set, the trial should take place within 90 days.  But the defense can request to have that extended so there is no guarantee it will happen that quickly.  Lyons says he has not decided if he will pursue the death penalty in the case if the couple is convicted. 

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=12813.msg739178#msg739178 date=1203693537]
    How could anyone be so cruel? This honestly breaks my heart.

Poor poor baby!!!

"Police investigation and medical and pathological
    examination would reveal that Benjamin had been strapped into
    this car seat and had not left it in eight days. All waste and urine
    had collected beneath him and his buttocks, legs and back were
    eaten into by the resulting poison. Some waste left in Benjamin’s
    colon revealed resulted in constipation because it could not be
    pushed out of his body due to starvation."

[/quote] This seriously, seriously hurts my heart. I hate reading anything about a child hurting...but to this extent?? his body was eaten into because of the waste?? He must have been in so much pain. I can't even fathom.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

i'm extremely sick. i don't know what else to say!

Any crime against a child is heartbreaking, but this is something else. 8 days?? OMG 8 days? I can't wrap my mind around that. His eyes were open....I'm sure he was searching for his mother to save him. I'm a mother of 2 and I know that bond at birth is instant, for the baby...obviously it doesn't apply to all mothers. Just heartwrenching. I'd go hold my babies if they weren't already asleep. RIP baby....seeing you pictures, you were perfect, born into unfair circumstances.

"I Don't Know What Happened When I Left" 

James Sargent's adopted mother says the last time she saw her grandson,Benjamin, he was laying in his crib with a blanket and looked healthy. Rosemary Sargent says she dropped the child off on February 4th. And although rescue crews found the baby in his car seat wearing the snowsuit she had just bought him, when she left the child, he was asleep in the crib wearing clothes and under a blanket. Sargent says fighting between her son and Benjamin's mother had gotten bad lately, but it seemed like they were still taking care of their baby boy. "I'm just taking it one day at a time...sometimes one minute at a time." You can read the grief in her eyes...a grandmother who's lost her only grandchild. Rosemary Sargent talked to News 25's Kelli Watson Friday after she picked up flower arrangements left over from 5–month–old Benjamin Sargent's funeral. She says she bought Benjamin the final outfit prosecutors say he was left to die in. "I took him and I bought him a snowsuit and I bought him some food and some formula and some A&D ointment because he had a little rash." Rosemary says her son and Benjamin's mother, Tracy Hermann, seemed like good parents. "I saw my son sing to him, play with him. I've seen her holding him and playing with him."

Tracy Hermann's MySpace page has pictures of her children, family photos, and a small caption that says "proud parent"...so does James Sargent's. They're the same proud parents Peoria prosecutors say neglected their 5–month–old son Benjamin as he starved to death alone in his crib last week, sitting in his own feces. Rosemary says Benjamin was safe and sound when she dropped him off the week before. "I don't know what happened when I left. He was in his bed, not his car seat." Rosemary says her adopted son also had a dark side. "He suffered from depression since he was a freshman in high school. They diagnosed him with ADHD and bi–polar and he has spent time at Zellar (Mental Health Center) when they had it." Benjamin's mother has an old internet posting about the way she'd prefer to die saying she wants her death certificate to read "death by misadventure." But Rosemary says, unfortunately, that was her baby grandson's untimely fate. "I'm going to miss the smiles and laughs". Rosemary Sargent says she is still in complete shock. She says she doesn't believe the couple was on drugs during the eight days Benjamin reportedly starved to death. One of Tracy Hermann's co–workers from TGI Friday's in Peoria says she remembers her as a nice quiet girl who used to bring Benjamin to the restaurant all the time.

I cant grasp this one at all...
    and I was just about to ask if yall think drugs are involved...
    I just don't understand how people can be so heartless.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

i was reading her myspace survey on her page ..and the last question is

Number of things in my Past I Regret: "well i can only think of one really big one right now".  i wonder is this was before or after the murder...???

and here is another question on it..

In the past month have you been on Drugs:" i do not do drugs ... and i don't take meds though somepeople think i should be on them lol  "

AND READ HER BLOG.omg... look i’m alll online-ish ....I LOVE PEOPLES RESPONSES

Some people live their whole life wondering if they'll make a difference. My brother is a soldier. He doesn't have that problem! .....Proud Army sister!

I just don't get this.  This story has really fucked with my head. 
    Adrien and I were talking last night and we just can't believe that one of the sets of grandparents didn't catch on to something.  My mom is all over us like a hawk, making sure that Millie's all bundled up.  Same with Adrien's mom.  If I even say that Millie's been fussy, they are all like "Don't you dare complain about that angel." 

And we both agreed that we had those nights where things were super stressful and we could see how some parents could just "snap".
    But snapping doesn't last for 8 days.  I can't imagine leaving Millie in her carseat like that.  When they described that baby boy with his little fists clenched, and his eyes staring straight ahead... I could just see it.  :( That poor baby.  I hope his parents rot in hell.

this is so sad why would you do this to your own baby. how the fuck can you even go on with your day. i hope they rot!

Looks like he was in trouble before and there was a petition to remove the little girl from the house, this just makes me sick.  I imagine the grandmother must be going through some heavy guilt right now, she went back to the house a few days later, noticed the house was in disarray, but did not see the baby.

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/022308/TRI_BFS4P5LK.064.php
    On James Sargent's MySpace page, he touts himself as a martial artist who loves swords and the Lord of the Rings yet is the "world's biggest cuddle bug." That, though, seems incompatible with an allegation in the juvenile petition to remove the girl from Hermann's custody.

In that petition, prosecutors allege the couple's pit bulls tried to attack a 2-year-old girl last April. When a woman went to protect the child, James Sargent allegedly told the woman that he would "cut her head off." Police were called and found a large sword and knife collection in his house as well as some drug paraphernalia. He was arrested for that and sentenced to probation a few months later.

During that incident, Hermann was alleged to have been at James Sargent's side and chose to remain with him even after police arrived.

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=12813.msg740696#msg740696 date=1203782008]
    I just don't get this.  This story has really fucked with my head. 
    Adrien and I were talking last night and we just can't believe that one of the sets of grandparents didn't catch on to something.  My mom is all over us like a hawk, making sure that Millie's all bundled up.  Same with Adrien's mom.  If I even say that Millie's been fussy, they are all like "Don't you dare complain about that angel." 

And we both agreed that we had those nights where things were super stressful and we could see how some parents could just "snap".
    But snapping doesn't last for 8 days.  I can't imagine leaving Millie in her carseat like that.  When they described that baby boy with his little fists clenched, and his eyes staring straight ahead... I could just see it.  :( That poor baby.  I hope his parents rot in hell.

[/quote]

This one has left permanent images on my brain. Even though I didn't see that poor little baby, their description of him with his little fists clenched, staring straight ahead, I see him perfectly in my head. I hate it. This one affects me big time. Sometimes I hate that I am drawn to this site. My best friend would tell me that she would rather not know about stuff like this because it makes her too sad. I understand that. I really do. But I cannot turn away from child abuse or neglect. Between stories like these and issues going on in my family, I am looking into getting into child advocacy in some way. Yes, you deal with very sad and depressing issues but knowing I'm helping innocent children would far outweigh anything else.

RIP Little Benjamin

[quote author=brie star link=topic=12813.msg740630#msg740630 date=1203767519]
    and I was just about to ask if yall think drugs are involved...
    [/quote]

I would hope so. I would hate to think that there are two people who are this organically fucked up in the world.

RIP Benjamin. You deserved so much better.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=12813.msg742040#msg742040 date=1203884644]
    I would hope so. I would hate to think that there are two people who are this organically fucked up in the world.

RIP Benjamin. You deserved so much better.
    [/quote]
    thats why i pointed this quote from her out

In the past month have you been on Drugs:&quot; i do not do drugs ... and i don't take meds though somepeople think i should be on them lol&nbsp;

Im still shocked that out of both of those people,they allowed that to happen..i mean what are the chances of 2 ignorant and stupid people letting something like this happen....???
    Some people live their whole life wondering if they&#39;ll make a difference. My brother is a soldier. He doesn&#39;t have that problem! .....Proud Army sister!

Somebody had been feeding this baby up until this point. 10 pounds isn't that far from low normal for a 5 month old baby and he definitely lost weight during those 8 days. So why does someone just suddenly stop caring for their baby? Was it like a new toy then they got tired of it and just pushed it aside? I wonder how much time the baby spent with grandparents during his life. Maybe they were doing most of the care.

For those who want to blame the grandparents, as a grandma I find that offensive. Grandparents should expect that their grandchild is going to be cared for when he/she is with his/her parents and not have to check on them to be sure. Thing is, though, I think most grandparents would do that if they felt it was necessary and these grandparents didn't. So what was this baby's life like for the first 5 months?

I hope more info comes out.

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=12813.msg740790#msg740790 date=1203791024]
    This one has left permanent images on my brain. Even though I didn't see that poor little baby, their description of him with his little fists clenched, staring straight ahead, I see him perfectly in my head. I hate it. This one affects me big time. Sometimes I hate that I am drawn to this site. My best friend would tell me that she would rather not know about stuff like this because it makes her too sad. I understand that. I really do. But I cannot turn away from child abuse or neglect. Between stories like these and issues going on in my family, I am looking into getting into child advocacy in some way. Yes, you deal with very sad and depressing issues but knowing I'm helping innocent children would far outweigh anything else.

RIP Little Benjamin
    [/quote]I can just see the poor thing in my head too.How horrible this was for him.It really makes me sick.These people are so cruel and heartless!

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=12813.msg742063#msg742063 date=1203887682]
    I can just see the poor thing in my head too.How horrible this was for him.It really makes me sick.These people are so cruel and heartless!
    [/quote]

Me too. Definitely leaves an ugly picture in your mind. I just found this, though.

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/viewtopic.php?f=216&amp;p=343919

Living without water is very different from living without food. In hot conditions with no water, dehydration can set in within an hour. A baby locked in a hot car or someone who is physically overexerted in the heat without replacing fluids can actually die in a period of several hours.

Somehow that makes me feel better. The poor little guy probably didn't suffer as long as I had thought and was dead before his bottom was being eaten away.&nbsp; That changes everything. I think we should only release the parents in a small pen with one hungry grizzly bear instead of two.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg742057#msg742057 date=1203886929]
    Somebody had been feeding this baby up until this point. 10 pounds isn't that far from low normal for a 5 month old baby and he definitely lost weight during those 8 days. So why does someone just suddenly stop caring for their baby? Was it like a new toy then they got tired of it and just pushed it aside? I wonder how much time the baby spent with grandparents during his life. Maybe they were doing most of the care.

For those who want to blame the grandparents, as a grandma I find that offensive. Grandparents should expect that their grandchild is going to be cared for when he/she is with his/her parents and not have to check on them to be sure. Thing is, though, I think most grandparents would do that if they felt it was necessary and these grandparents didn't. So what was this baby's life like for the first 5 months?

[/quote]

I'm sorry you feel like we are blaming the grandparents.&nbsp; That's really not the case.&nbsp; I'm wondering how someone didn't fucking notice what was going on.&nbsp; ESPECIALLY the grandparents.&nbsp; Who drops their grand kids, or any kids for that matter, off in conditions as the house was described.&nbsp;

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg742071#msg742071 date=1203888224]
    Me too. Definitely leaves an ugly picture in your mind. I just found this, though.

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/viewtopic.php?f=216&amp;p=343919

Living without water is very different from living without food. In hot conditions with no water, dehydration can set in within an hour. A baby locked in a hot car or someone who is physically overexerted in the heat without replacing fluids can actually die in a period of several hours.

Somehow that makes me feel better. The poor little guy probably didn't suffer as long as I had thought and was dead before his bottom was being eaten away.&nbsp; That changes everything. I think we should only release the parents in a small pen with one hungry grizzly bear instead of two.
    [/quote] But that's if it's REALLY hot, I believe...although it apparently was hot in the apartment...around 80..and with the snowsuit on...I hope you're right. Does it say anywhere how long they thought he had been dead for when they found him?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg742057#msg742057 date=1203886929]

[/quote]

Not blaming the grandparents except to the extent that I blame the whole &quot;village&quot; that surrounded this (and so many other lost innocents)&nbsp; there was apparently a sister that was not in the care of these &quot;parents&quot;&nbsp; What were the reasons for that? Was there some red flag that was missed?&nbsp; This relationship was on the rocks, the father has a history of some mental problems...

Bahh Poor baby.&nbsp; Your guardian angle sure crapped out on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=12813.msg742191#msg742191 date=1203893727]
    Not blaming the grandparents except to the extent that I blame the whole &quot;village&quot; that surrounded this (and so many other lost innocents)&nbsp; there was apparently a sister that was not in the care of these &quot;parents&quot;&nbsp; What were the reasons for that? Was there some red flag that was missed?&nbsp; This relationship was on the rocks, the father has a history of some mental problems...

Bahh Poor baby.&nbsp; Your guardian angle sure crapped out on you.
    [/quote] Guardian angle's suck, man. ;-)

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=12813.msg742199#msg742199 date=1203894067]
    Guardian angle's suck, man. ;-)
    [/quote]They sure do.Angels rock though

Thread Information