Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=12813.msg743690#msg743690 date=1203980940]
    Well that's just too bad because Jimbo and Tracey here are perfect candidates IMHO. 

So there is a still a moratorium on carrying out executions, but not on the death penalty itself?  Or is the moratorium on imposing the death penalty?  Can someone still be sentenced to death, just not executed?  I tried to Google this but can't seem to find the answer to that particular question.
    [/quote]

They still have people on death row. Quite odd if they don't have a death penalty. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 da

[quote author=sassyasskitty link=topic=12813.msg743713#msg743713 date=1203982165]
    There is a death penalty in Illinois. A moratorium is in place on the executions only. The governor who put the moratorium in place decided that after several innocent people being executed, they would not execute anyone else until better measures were taken to ensure it was the guilty. So now, they just sit on death row waiting for a governor to change the decision.
    [/quote]

That's pretty weird. Someone should look into fixing that system.  It appears to be broken.

[quote author=SlrAlphC link=topic=12813.msg743498#msg743498 date=1203974267]
    This story is more than I can handle.  I'm an expectant mother of my first child and I can't imagine ever doing something like that.  I'm beyond disgusted. 
    [/quote]

Congrats on your baby.  :-) I think any parent would be disgusted at this. I understand that not everyone has those "parental instincts" and that there are just some shitty-ass parents in the world, but something like this is just beyond human decency.

I'm still not understanding why the guy staying in the garage put the carseat in the crib.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg743714#msg743714 date=1203982188]
    They still have people on death row. Quite odd if they don't have a death penalty.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

You CAN be sentenced to death. There is a death penalty in Illinois. There has been a hold put on the actual execution.

The death penalty was reinstated in 1977. Since then, there were 33 people sentenced to death.....12 executed, and 13 exonerated. The governor at the time decided there were definite issues in the system if more were wrongly accused then were executed. He put a hold on executions until they could revamp it. The current governor has kept that moratorium in place.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/31/illinois.executions.02/

The myspace of Nick who is her myspace friend and is from Iowa now has the heading &quot;Nick is no longer in control of his life&quot; and his mood is &quot;distraught.&quot; I can't recall what it was when I first saw it. I wonder if this is the guy from Iowa she went to see and if he has recently lost control of his life or if it said that before.

I took my daughter to the pediatrician yesterday and I talked to him about this baby. He says under these circumstances he thinks a baby could survive for several days.&nbsp; &nbsp; Then he told me about a 4 y/o little boy he had recently seen who had been shot 7 times in the face and body with a BB gun by his stepfather.&nbsp; some more.&nbsp;

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=12813.msg745974#msg745974 date=1204152745]Then he told me about a 4 y/o little boy he had recently seen who had been shot 7 times in the face and body with a BB gun by his stepfather.&nbsp;[/quote]

&nbsp; I fucking hate people who hurt kids.&nbsp; I think they should all just die.&nbsp; :2angry: :2angry: :2angry:
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

i am crying my heart out for that baby right now!
    i have three babies! how could someone just forget abut their own child!!!!!
    it is disgusting?
    they should be left to rot in their own shit and die, i know this sounds rotten and terrible for one to say but jeez, didnt they smeel their owns childs death?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=12813.msg738050#msg738050 date=1203634988]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/02/22/James_Sargent_(23)_and_Tracey_Hermann_(21)_alleged ly_let_their_infant_son_starve_to_death_after_bein g_kept_in_a_car_seat_for_8_days

&quot;Reading from a prepared statement, Lyons said police found the infant sitting in his own waste, all the while strapped into the seat which was in a crib. &quot;
    [/quote]

omfg....i want to set those parents on fire !!! :2angry:

Tarek is in your extended FACE!

This is the last thread I will ever follow involving a child, it is too devastating and emotional for me.&nbsp; I really don't see how anything less than strapping them into a seat and letting them starve to death would be a just punishment.

http://www.week.com/news/local/18147974.html
    Ruling in Benjamin Sargent's death
    A coroner's jury ruled the five-month old baby's death a homicide

Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 5:28 p.m.

It was a brief but very emotional hearing for a Peoria County coroner's jury Thursday afternoon.
    Jurors listened to startling details of the death of a five–month old Peoria baby. They ruled Benjamin Sargent's death a homicide.
    Multimedia
    &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Two jurors cried quietly as Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll described conditions that led to Sargent's death in February of this year.
    Peoria police found Sargent, wearing a snowsuit, strapped in a car seat, saturated with urine and feces when they arrived at the Proctor Street home February 12th.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said, &quot; there was no evidence of congenital or metabolic defects, tumor or trauma. Cause of death is from infection described as sepsis due to dehydration due to neglect&quot;.

Ingersoll told juror tests showed Benjamin had developed e–coli and there were early signs of decomposition on his body.
    The baby's parents 21–year–old Tracy Hermann and 23–year–old James Sargent pleaded not guilty to charges of first– degree murder.
    They are due in court May second.

I have pet rats that I would never treat as cruelly as these cretins treated that poor infant.&nbsp; As far as the death penalty goes, in my opinion (based on information from incarcerated relatives) getting Life without parole is a worse fate than being &quot;put to sleep&quot; by a&nbsp; needle in the arm. That's a peaceful way to go.&nbsp; These offal are young; considering how inmates (male and female) treat baby killers, they are in for at least 50 years of HARD time if they go into general population.&nbsp; If they opt for Protective custody, they will spend 23 hours per day for the rest of their lives in isolation.

I predict they will be taken care of by &quot;inmate justice&quot;&nbsp; within the first 5 years of their sentence (and that's being generous with my prediction).

RIP little baby. You'll never have to see Mommy and Daddy again because they're going to a different place when they die.
    [center]“If I am anything, I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.”[br]<br />

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=12813.msg743788#msg743788 date=1203986130]
    I think any parent would be disgusted at this. I understand that not everyone has those &quot;parental instincts&quot; and that there are just some shitty-ass parents in the world, but something like this is just beyond human decency.

[/quote]

I have 0 parental instincts, but I still understand that leaving a child to die is bad

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

http://centralillinoisproud.com/content/fulltext/?cid=14631

Peoria Murder Trial Delayed

Friday, Jul 25, 2008 @10:23pm CST

The trial of two Peoria parents, accused of killing their five month old son, will be held in November. A Peoria judge Friday gave Tracy Hermann and James Sargent more time to prepare their cases. The pair has pleaded NOT GUILTY. The judge also agreed to a psychological exam for Sargent. Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons has said he will not seek the death penalty in the murder case against the pair, should they be convicted. The parents are accused of starving their five month old to death. They are each charged two counts of murder. Police say they found five month old Benjamin Sargent unresponsive in his crib, seated in a car seat, dressed in a zipped up blue snowsuit in a 80 degree room. According to State's Attorney Kevin Lyons, the child apparently hadn't been moved or fed in eight days and died of starvation due to neglect by the parents.&nbsp; &nbsp; :x

[quote author=mindygirl link=topic=12813.msg947377#msg947377 date=1217385365]
    http://centralillinoisproud.com/content/fulltext/?cid=14631

Peoria Murder Trial Delayed

Friday, Jul 25, 2008 @10:23pm CST

The trial of two Peoria parents, accused of killing their five month old son, will be held in November. A Peoria judge Friday gave Tracy Hermann and James Sargent more time to prepare their cases. The pair has pleaded NOT GUILTY. The judge also agreed to a psychological exam for Sargent. Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons has said he will not seek the death penalty in the murder case against the pair, should they be convicted. The parents are accused of starving their five month old to death. They are each charged two counts of murder. Police say they found five month old Benjamin Sargent unresponsive in his crib, seated in a car seat, dressed in a zipped up blue snowsuit in a 80 degree room. According to State's Attorney Kevin Lyons, the child apparently hadn't been moved or fed in eight days and died of starvation due to neglect by the parents.&nbsp; &nbsp; :x
    [/quote]

I'm ok with this. (given they are eventually convicted that is) Prison justice is a beautiful thing and as baby killers I'm sure they will serve a long, painful life sentence.
    Cancer JUNE 22 - JULY 22<br />Don&#39;t let negativity win out today, even though it probably will, because you&#39;re a worthless human being who most likely doesn&#39;t deserve to be happy.

Re: James Sargent (23) Tracey Hermann (21) starved baby/left him in carseat 8 days

I agree with giving them a long prison sentence. They would probably be housed in a protective segreation unit that way people wouldn't beat the crap out of them. Anyway prison isn't a resort. They will be eating bad food, shower in front of others and never be outside without a guard. I have heard that in some prisons the inmates sometimes wear the same clothes for days.

I don't have the time to read all the pages of this thread but was there a reason they didn't tend to the baby all that time. Did they intentionally place it in there knowing that they would not be coming back to take care of it?

I assume they wanted to kill it. But who found out that it was dead and called the cops? Wonder why they wanted to throw their lives away for something this cruel and, well, dumb?

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948222#msg948222 date=1217431361]
    I don't have the time to read all the pages of this thread but was there a reason they didn't tend to the baby all that time. Did they intentionally place it in there knowing that they would not be coming back to take care of it?

I assume they wanted to kill it. But who found out that it was dead and called the cops? Wonder why they wanted to throw their lives away for something this cruel and, well, dumb?
    [/quote]

Absolutely. Please allow us to follow you from thread to thread and give you a synopsis of what it's about. You don't have time to read it but we have all the time in the world to do that for you.&nbsp; :roll:

Well deeply shaded, sorry to piss in your cheerios this morning. Since people are on here chatting and discussing these threads all day anyway, I didn't think I'd be putting anyone out just by asking. You know, if you didn't have the time or care to answer it then you didn't need to reply at all.

It just made more sense to me to ask for someone who can readily answer my specifc questions, rather than me read through 6 pages of posts of people talking about everything except the kitchen sink.

I even read the main article but it didn't have the info I was asking about.

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948326#msg948326 date=1217438007]
    Well deeply shaded, sorry to piss in your cheerios this morning. Since people are on here chatting and discussing these threads all day anyway, I didn't think I'd be putting anyone out just by asking. You know, if you didn't have the time or care to answer it then you didn't need to reply at all.

It just made more sense to me to ask for someone who can readily answer my specifc questions, rather than me read through 6 pages of posts of people talking about everything except the kitchen sink.

I even read the main article but it didn't have the info I was asking about.
    [/quote]

I didn't need to reply but I chose to. Get over it. This is the second thread that I've seen where you just post to ask what it's about and there are probably more that I haven't seen. It's ridiculous. If you want to know, read the thread. If you're too lazy I guess you just don't want to know that badly.

I think it would've been better if someone less jaded, and more knowledgeable about this thread had been the one peeking there head in here. I just wanted to know why they left the kid in the basket that long. Didn't want to appear lazy or start a flame war over it.

Yes, everything is always mentioned somewhere in a forum or thread or post, but it's not always convenient to read over every peice of information just to answer something someone could tell you in two seconds.

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948390#msg948390 date=1217440741]
    I think it would've been better if someone less jaded, and more knowledgeable about this thread had been the one peeking there head in here. I just wanted to know why they left the kid in the basket that long. Didn't want to appear lazy or start a flame war over it.

Yes, everything is always mentioned somewhere in a forum or thread or post, but it's not always convenient to read over every peice of information just to answer something someone could tell you in two seconds.
    [/quote]

You don't learn do you.&nbsp;

Thanks for the update mindygirl.&nbsp; I for one am going to page 1 of this thread.

[quote author=Accidenttraffic link=topic=12813.msg947464#msg947464 date=1217388392]
    I'm ok with this. (given they are eventually convicted that is) Prison justice is a beautiful thing and as baby killers I'm sure they will serve a long, painful life sentence.
    [/quote]

It seems if there is any case that deserves the death penalty, though, this would be it.

That description is the saddest thing ever.&nbsp; I couldn't finish reading.&nbsp; I hope they both die horrid deaths like that baby had to.&nbsp; I wish their myspaces weren't private.

RIP poor baby

Some people are just miserable and make everything around them that way too. The report said that their place was in shambles. It was a complete wreck with debris and spoilage everywhere. People like this revel in their own misery. They probably had the kids because they were just mating like animals and took no precaution to prevent pregnancies in which they were obviously not capable of dealing with. I'm sure drugs were involved too, more than likely pot and alcohol, if not others.

I've witnessed people like this who are just dreadfully unhappy and having a baby is a very depressing, dirty, and not fun experience to begin with so that only added to their misery. I'm sure at a point they just got so tired of their lowly circumstances that they just gave up caring--indifferent to everything but the immediate gratification of occupying their pathetic lives by passing time playing video games...even when their baby was wasting away in the next room.

[quote author=afterbirth link=topic=12813.msg948512#msg948512 date=1217444331]
    Some people are just miserable and make everything around them that way too. The report said that their place was in shambles. It was a complete wreck with debris and spoilage everywhere. People like this revel in their own misery. They probably had the kids because they were just mating like animals and took no precaution to prevent pregnancies in which they were obviously not capable of dealing with. I'm sure drugs were involved too, more than likely pot and alcohol, if not others.

I've witnessed people like this who are just dreadfully unhappy and having a baby is a very depressing, dirty, and not fun experience to begin with so that only added to their misery. I'm sure at a point they just got so tired of their lowly circumstances that they just gave up caring--indifferent to everything but the immediate gratification of occupying their pathetic lives by passing time playing video games...even when their baby was wasting away in the next room.

[/quote]

If you don't want a kid, adoption is always an option.&nbsp; Jesus.&nbsp; I'd have adopted that kid myself in order to save its life.

I don't know how great a father I'd make, but the kid would be taken care of.&nbsp; Hell, I even put my cat's needs ahead of my own.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Yeah, my gf's roommate would keep her little dog in, not a cage, but a pet carrier--which is like a smaller, more confined cage. Apparently she was too lazy or too poor to get a suitable and humane cage for it. The poor animal would be trapped in there for hours on end, all night, and yip and bark the whole time. Then it was hyper active beyond belief when it got out. She'd have to chase it down just to get it back in the cage so she started leaving its leash on it all the time so she could just run and step on the leash in order to stop it in its tracks. This went on for about 8 months before she got tired of it and gave it away.

This is the same mentality of the people with this baby. People think babies and puppies are so cute, but then the day in and day out responsibilities become so tiresome and lame that they don't want to deal with it after a while.&nbsp; Dog owners are worse because they CHOOSE to get the pets in the first place, whereas people with babies often just find themselves pregnant and forced to care for a child they aren't ready for.

Thread Information