Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jacksonville News - MyDeathSpace Turns Heads 2/11/08

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Jacksonville News - MyDeathSpace Turns Heads 2/11/08

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=12597.msg730209#msg730209 date=1203033382]
    the way I see it, the only reason this site could be any kind of problem is if you fear death.  We ALL know it's going to happen, people just don't like to be reminded of how many ways they can perish.

And after they showed Candy it sounded like they were calling her repulsive lol
    [/quote]
    Yea, I always get real defensive when people give me that 'crazy look' when they see me on this site.
    Yea, it's about death. Yea, these things interest me.
    Do you think that you won't die if you don't think about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

That woman said "DEPLICTED"  :lol:

That psychologist lady said, "... it deplicted a gruesome picture... of death!"

I love invisible things in front of cats.  This pic deplicts an:

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=12597.msg730233#msg730233 date=1203034073]
    That woman said "DEPLICTED"  :lol:
    [/quote]

You beat me to it!  I spent 10 min. looking at LOLcats.  ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deplicted

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=deplicted

WTF?

eh...I think the audrey lady's just one of those "i wanna make noise and advocate something!" chicks...

*shrug*

I know I haven't been here long, but I don't think they really did a whole lotta looking into this site and what really goes on here...and I think people are just too easily offended and don't give the place a chance...so far as I can tell there's some pretty amazing people on here

That's just my 2 cents though...

[quote author=tgyta link=topic=12597.msg738419#msg738419 date=1203649913]
    eh...I think the audrey lady's just one of those "i wanna make noise and advocate something!" chicks...

*shrug*

I know I haven't been here long, but I don't think they really did a whole lotta looking into this site and what really goes on here...and I think people are just too easily offended and don't give the place a chance...so far as I can tell there's some pretty amazing people on here

That's just my 2 cents though...
    [/quote]

Honestly, if there's an upcoming story and the reporter wants to interview people from the site you'd be the number one spokesperson. It would be a really great story.

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=12597.msg738431#msg738431 date=1203650360]
    Honestly, if there's an upcoming story and the reporter wants to interview people from the site you'd be the number one spokesperson. It would be a really great story.
    [/quote]

From what I can tell so far there's a lot of people on here with great stories...well...maybe not so much "great" in a positive sense...but it's a kind of insight u never see anywhere else...not anywhere I've found so far.  It's one thing to sit in a room and listen to an expert tell u how it goes...it's a whole 'nother story when it's someone who's lived it.

number one spokesperson...lol

hellz yea!  Representin!  *cocks head back and raises da roof*

[quote author=tgyta link=topic=12597.msg738455#msg738455 date=1203651093]
    From what I can tell so far there's a lot of people on here with great stories...well...maybe not so much "great" in a positive sense...but it's a kind of insight u never see anywhere else...not anywhere I've found so far.  It's one thing to sit in a room and listen to an expert tell u how it goes...it's a whole 'nother story when it's someone who's lived it.

number one spokesperson...lol

hellz yea!  Representin!  *cocks head back and raises da roof*
    [/quote]

I seriously love you. I am in love with you.  :lol:

Yeah "great" wasn't the proper word to use. Intriguing maybe. Insightful to the fact that not everyone is afraid to think about or *gasp* talk about death. People have always talked about death. The real story is the Internet, what is private and what's not (mostly not) and how rapidly news spreads now.

[quote author=Morbid Curiosity link=topic=12597.msg738494#msg738494 date=1203652796]
    I seriously love you. I am in love with you.  :lol:

Yeah "great" wasn't the proper word to use. Intriguing maybe. Insightful to the fact that not everyone is afraid to think about or *gasp* talk about death. People have always talked about death. The real story is the Internet, what is private and what's not (mostly not) and how rapidly news spreads now.
    [/quote]

lol..that's the first time a woman's declared her love for me...aww...

yea I'm not sure when talking about death became so taboo...musta missed the transition  *shrug*

Found the site through that piece, though I don't live in JVille.  Been lurking since, and I don't think the site is close to as bad as the folks in the piece were saying, though I could understand if they lost someone they might  think otherwise.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=12597.msg749351#msg749351 date=1204412300]
    Found the site through that piece, though I don't live in JVille.  Been lurking since, and I don't think the site is close to as bad as the folks in the piece were saying, though I could understand if they lost someone they might  think otherwise.
    [/quote]
    Depends on the death.
    If someone was texting and driving, then people are going to call em dumb.
    It's going to happen, but now their friends/family can actually see it in writing, and they think that they can do something about it.
    People here aren't pointing and laughing at Cancer deaths or people that are killed by drunk drivers.
    If you huff freon, or "ghost ride the whip" and it's fatal, then yea.....people are gonna laugh.
    The cruel comments you see, for the most part, only get posted in threads where the person caused their demise through their own stupidity.
    Their family can try and paint a different picture for the rest of us, but all we know is what's printed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12597.msg749359#msg749359 date=1204413308]
    Depends on the death.
    If someone was texting and driving, then people are going to call em dumb.
    It's going to happen, but now their friends/family can actually see it in writing, and they think that they can do something about it.
    People here aren't pointing and laughing at Cancer deaths or people that are killed by drunk drivers.
    If you huff freon, or "ghost ride the whip" and it's fatal, then yea.....people are gonna laugh.
    The cruel comments you see, for the most part, only get posted in threads where the person caused their demise through their own stupidity.
    Their family can try and paint a different picture for the rest of us, but all we know is what's printed.

[/quote]
    Yeppers--

We express our feelings by typing the words for others to see.

Others keep the thoughts in their head - After all,  if you don't say it out loud it isn't true. :roll:

Sometimes the truth hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Happy to say I live in J-Ville, and it's nice to see we are keeping up on the internet trends, even if some social therapists might be up in arms about it.

[quote author=Auricon link=topic=12597.msg787721#msg787721 date=1206746467]
    Happy to say I live in J-Ville, and it's nice to see we are keeping up on the internet trends, even if some social therapists might be up in arms about it.
    [/quote]

Where in J-ville do you live?

Thread Information