Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10 year old gives birth-father is mom's boyfriend.

10 year old gives birth-father is mom's boyfriend.

February 7th, 2008
    10-year-old gives birth — father is her mothers boyfriend.
    Michael Chaffer is facing criminal charges for impregnating and sexually molesting a girl under the age of 13 — a crime punishable by life in prison.

An investigation wasn’t launched until the 10-year-old gave birth. You’d think someone like a friend, family or teacher would have noticed a pregnant 6th grader and called someone. At least the hospital workers were doing their job.

The 10-year-old girl (now staying with relatives) has had her newly born daughter have been taken away by Hamilton County Department of Job and Family Services (JFS) and is now in foster care.

She is not likely to get her baby back as prosecutors don’t feel a 6th grader is capable of raising a child… and obviously she won’t be getting the help of her parents.

It looks like mommy (now grandma) may be going away too. The girls’ mother was warned not to let any adult men around until they could determine who the father was. But when caseworkers made a surprise visit, they found Michael Chaffer.

Hopefully both children are in better hands now

http://www.parentsbehavingbadly.com/

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

Re: 10 year old gives birth-father is mom's boyfriend.

I'm at least happy they took the baby away. That little girl needs to get some semblance in her life and that does not include being a mother. I really hope no one comes on here saying the baby needs to be with the 10 year old little girl.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Oh someone will definitely eventually come on here and say that the baby needs to be with its "mother."

Ten years old and in 6th grade?  Hmm must be one advanced little girl.  Mine is 9 and in 3rd and thats about average. 

10 years old and not only being raped but having to give birth? The poor girl.

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=12534.msg723650#msg723650 date=1202446619]
    Oh someone will definitely eventually come on here and say that the baby needs to be with its "mother."

Ten years old and in 6th grade?  Hmm must be one advanced little girl.  Mine is 9 and in 3rd and thats about average. 
    [/quote]

eh I think the person who wrote the article prolly did their math wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=12534.msg723658#msg723658 date=1202447600]
    eh I think the person who wrote the article prolly did their math wrong...
    [/quote]
    I think that's the right math.  I was 10/11 in 6th grade.

Wow, I hope that guy and the mom go away for a long time.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=12534.msg723666#msg723666 date=1202449457]
    I think that's the right math.  I was 10/11 in 6th grade.
    [/quote]

:| My niece is 9 and in 3rd grade... i think.
    NOW IM SO CONFUSED

*edit, I read another article and it said she was RAPED at 10, but had the baby at 11... so I guess shes 11 now and in 6th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=12534.msg723668#msg723668 date=1202449561]
    :| My niece is 9 and in 3rd grade... i think.
    NOW IM SO CONFUSED

*edit, I read another article and it said she was RAPED at 10, but had the baby at 11... so I guess shes 11 now and in 6th grade.
    [/quote]

My little sister is nine and she's in fourth.  And my little brother is 12 and he's in sixth.  It confuses me too.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

That sounds about right. I was 11 when I started 6th grade.

This poor girl. Raped, and having to go through childbirth? A lot of girls haven't even gone through puberty at 10, let alone childbirth.

I hope this dude becomes Bubba's girlfriend in prison.

I don't think that she should raise the baby, but I do hope it is an open adoption thing so she can be a part of the childs life if she wants.

My step daughter just turned 10. I couldn't imagine.

[quote author=Nocturnity link=topic=12534.msg723650#msg723650 date=1202446619]

[/quote]

:2wave:
    Me!  I think the baby needs to be with its 'mother', but both to be adopted and raised like sisters by a nice, sane, stable family.
    She's only 10yrs old, and isn't capable of raising the child, but should be allowed to keep contact...she hasn't done anything wrong, and I think that would be a good solution for both of them.

[quote author=Nepenthe link=topic=12534.msg723945#msg723945 date=1202480422]
    :2wave:
    Me!  I think the baby needs to be with its 'mother', but both to be adopted and raised like sisters by a nice, sane, stable family.
    She's only 10yrs old, and isn't capable of raising the child, but should be allowed to keep contact...she hasn't done anything wrong, and I think that would be a good solution for both of them.

[/quote] That would be really confusing for all parties involved though, and probably extremely difficult. I wonder how they're going to handle this situation. It's a terrible one.  :-(
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Gosh this is awful. 6th grade was when I got pubes, I didn't even know what to do with the monster back then. Jesus - poor girl and I feel soo terribly for the baby :(

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=12534.msg723952#msg723952 date=1202481293]
    That would be really confusing for all parties involved though, and probably extremely difficult. I wonder how they're going to handle this situation. It's a terrible one.  :-(
    [/quote]

I don't think it would be any more confusing...obviously the 10yr old would know...and the baby could be told as soon as she's old enough....that would be about the best solution I can think of , for the 10yo and the baby.
    :-)

[quote author=Nepenthe link=topic=12534.msg723964#msg723964 date=1202482568]
    I don't think it would be any more confusing...obviously the 10yr old would know...and the baby could be told as soon as she's old enough....that would be about the best solution I can think of , for the 10yo and the baby.
    :-)
    [/quote]

If someone came up to me and told me that my sister was actually my mother, I think I'd develop a myriad of problems.

[quote author=Kande04 link=topic=12534.msg724033#msg724033 date=1202488934]
    If someone came up to me and told me that my sister was actually my mother, I think I'd develop a myriad of problems.
    [/quote] Yeah, see, that's kinda what i was thinking. And also for the 10 year old....she's too young to really understand what's going on..and she already has the trauma of being raped and giving birth. awful.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I guess I should have clarified. I do believe that the little girl should have contact with the baby. But there's no way in hell she needs to be making any decisions for the baby or being the mother figure. I think when I was 10 I still thought I only had 2 holes.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

This is such a sad story.
    I don't think it would be mentally healthy to punish the girl by ripping this baby out of her life forever.
    It would be nice (even if a fantasy) if she has *responsible* family members that would take her and the baby both in.  Not to raise as sisters...but just to raise responsibly.  There will come a time when certain things will need to be explained.
    Obviously, none of us have been in this situation....
    but I can't help but think what she would go through mentally / emotionally - always wondering about her baby etc...

Then again - she may not be mature enough to grasp the reality of it all.

how in the hell didn't anyone notice?   This makes me so sad. I hope that guy  burns in hell and gets raped by all the imates.  I can never understand why certain mothers are okay with their children being molested.  
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=12534.msg724172#msg724172 date=1202498473]
    &nbsp;I can never understand why certain mothers are okay with their children being molested. &nbsp;
    [/quote]

As we've seen time and time again, some woman just want their men more then their children. I guess some people are just not born with that primal instinct that makes us automatically love and protect our offspring from birth.

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=12534.msg724285#msg724285 date=1202507476]
    As we've seen time and time again, some woman just want their men more then their children. I guess some people are just not born with that primal instinct that makes us automatically love and protect our offspring from birth.
    [/quote]
    I remember the first time I ever sat on a jury trial.&nbsp; The mother's boyfriend had molested her daughter.&nbsp; The mother had the gall to sit on the stand and plead with the jury to not send her bf away...that he was all she had, her monetary source etc...and that she would willingly sign away her rights so her daughter could go live with family members.&nbsp; If memory serves, the girl had just turned 9.

Needless to say - it was a unanimous decision to send his ass away.

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=12534.msg724289#msg724289 date=1202507779]
    I remember the first time I ever sat on a jury trial.&nbsp; The mother's boyfriend had molested her daughter.&nbsp; The mother had the gall to sit on the stand and plead with the jury to not send her bf away...that he was all she had, her monetary source etc...and that she would willingly sign away her rights so her daughter could go live with family members.&nbsp; If memory serves, the girl had just turned 9.

Needless to say - it was a unanimous decision to send his ass away.

[/quote]

Ugh, disgusting. I hope she did eventually lose custody. That's the type of woman that pimps out her daughter once she grows boobs. How long did he go for?

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=12534.msg724345#msg724345 date=1202510710]
    Ugh, disgusting. I hope she did eventually lose custody. That's the type of woman that pimps out her daughter once she grows boobs. How long did he go for?
    [/quote]
    Honestly, I don't remember - this was the early 90's.
    The jury had to decide on the guilty / not guilty factor.
    The judge held the sentencing later in the week.

Not fucking long enough - I can guarantee that much!

[quote author=Gr8Fantasies link=topic=12534.msg724348#msg724348 date=1202511006]
    Honestly, I don't remember - this was the early 90's.
    The jury had to decide on the guilty / not guilty factor.
    The judge held the sentencing later in the week.

Not fucking long enough - I can guarantee that much!
    [/quote]

Well at least he went to prison. We know how inmates feel about child molesters.

Thread Information