Thread: Man awakens at his own wake

Man awakens at his own wake

''Santiago - An 81-year old man in the small Chilean village of Angol shocked his grieving relatives by waking up in his coffin at his own wake, local media said on Sunday.

When Feliberto Carrasco's family members discovered his body limp and cold, they were convinced that the octogenarian's hour had come, so they immediately called a funeral home, not a doctor.

Carrasco was dressed in his finest suit for the wake, and his relatives gathered to bid him a final farewell.

"I couldn't believe it. I thought I must be mistaken, and I shut my eyes," Carrasco's nephew Pedro told the daily Ultimas Noticias.

"When I opened them again, my uncle was looking at me. I started to cry and ran to get something to open up the coffin to get him out."

The man who "rose from the dead" said he was not in any pain, and only asked for a glass of water.

Local radio also surprised listeners by announcing a correction to Carrasco's death announcement, saying the news had been premature.''

Fuck, what if he'd been headed for the incinerator?

http://weirdnews.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=weirdnews&cdn=newsissues&tm=106 &gps=237_496_1276_630&f=00&tt=3&bt =1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0%2C%2C2-10-1462_2255456%2C00.html

Re: Man awakens at his own wake

"Fuck, what if he'd been headed for the incinerator?"
    Then he would of been killed....I guess

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

he sure did take his wake seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

[quote author=unlikeunknown link=topic=12498.msg722586#msg722586 date=1202343488]
    "Fuck, what if he'd been headed for the incinerator?"
    Then he would of been killed....I guess
    [/quote]

LAME

Does this mean he was asleep for days?
    How long after your dead does your wake occur?
    He must be a deep sleeper dude... he didn't even wake up when they were changing his clothes?
    somethings not right!
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=12498.msg722621#msg722621 date=1202346041]
    Does this mean he was asleep for days?
    How long after your dead does your wake occur?
    He must be a deep sleeper dude... he didn't even wake up when they were changing his clothes?
    somethings not right!
    [/quote]

I guess because there are so many levels of conciousness, all the fuss passed him by? Totally nuts though.

i'm sure someone at the funeral shat their pants when he woke up though.
    <br /><br />All your sanity and your wits, they will all vanish i promise, it&#39;s just a matter of time.

In those types of countries they don't wait long at all for the wake.&nbsp; My friend's mother is from around there, and when her aunt died they held the wake the very next day.

I don't believe it.

[quote author=24/7inquisitor link=topic=12498.msg722583#msg722583 date=1202343238]
    The man who &quot;rose from the dead&quot; said he was not in any pain, and only asked for a glass of water.
    [/quote]

Water?!&nbsp; :-o
    Doesn't sound like any decent wake.

They don't prepare the body at all? they just throw it in a coffin? I'm with berry..I don't believe this one. This is in Chile. Angol is the capital of the area. The word &quot;village&quot; is misleading.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Well, that's true too.

I can see a poor area not preparing it, though.

Well that's what I'm saying. Chile isn't a 3rd world country.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

this is the exact reason why when I die, I want my head cut off then both the head and body burnt.&nbsp; Then the ashes placed in a firework and set off over a highly populated area.

When I die, I want to stay dead :D

[quote author=Van_Helsing link=topic=12498.msg724310#msg724310 date=1202508926]
    this is the exact reason why when I die, I want my head cut off then both the head and body burnt.&nbsp; Then the ashes placed in a firework and set off over a highly populated area.

When I die, I want to stay dead :D
    [/quote]

You will, honey, you will&nbsp;

Party pooper.

While it's true that Chile does enjoy one of the best economic situations in Latin America; its distribution of that wealth is the 2ed most uneven in the world.

The burial practices all over Latin America (and most of the world, actually) are very similar to one another. Here in Mexico, where I live, a person is usually buried within two days of their death. The article states that they called the &quot;Funeral home&quot; but that isn't the case because there is no such thing as this here in Mexico or in Chile. What they telephoned is what I like to call &quot;the coffin shop,&quot; basically just a store that sells coffins.

This story is totally believable. I'm sure it happens quite often in this part of the world.

I myself have always found the American practice of embalming uncomfortable to think about and dreadfully unnatural.&nbsp; I sure as hell don't want it done to me.

I don't think I'd trust my family to much after this one.&nbsp; I think he just needs to leave a note on his door stating:

I'm going to SLEEP now!!!!&nbsp; If for some odd reason I seem dead, please call a doctor so I don't have to worry about waking up tomorrow inside a coffin........like the last time.

P.S.&nbsp; You are all out of the will.

[quote author=absquatulated link=topic=12498.msg725553#msg725553 date=1202677978]

This story is totally believable. I'm sure it happens quite often in this part of the world.

I myself have always found the American practice of embalming uncomfortable to think about and dreadfully unnatural.&nbsp; I sure as hell don't want it done to me.
    [/quote]

I've got to admit that I hadn't given much thought to it before, but yeah, embalming is something I guess you wouldn't want to experience semi-conscious. I stayed with an embalmer once in a hostel. She was this really hot twenty something and I was really taken aback when she told me all about the family business. I asked her how she coped with it all. ''They're all dead to me'', she laughed. Great......

I think it's probably just as well you're dead when these kinda people are handling you.&nbsp;

Thread Information