Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: White Kid Arrested for Singing Rap Song

Re: White Kid Arrested for Singing Rap Song

I can see why parents might want to watch their language. I told my grandfather to fuck off when I was 2, because I overheard my dad saying it once. Grandma thought it was funny. Grandpa, not so much! :lol:

My dad made sure to use other words after that.

However, I think it's ridiculous that the lady called the cops. This is when you make it a point to your children that this is NOT okay, and turn it into a lesson. No need to bring other people into it.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12488.msg722563#msg722563 date=1202341882]
    Good call on the metal song by the way. :-D

As far as the cursing, I feel the total opposite about this.
    But as a parent, then I guess you're a good person to direct this question to.

I think that when children are kept in the dark about certain things,
    then they get the idea that everything they see is acceptable behavior.
    You can't ask anyone that comes into contact with your children to act exactly the waty you want your children to behave.

I think that children need to realize that they are in fact children, and therefore they can NOT do everything adults do.
    Cursing is one of those things.
    Daddy drives too, but that doesn't mean that you can do it.
    Life isn't rated PG, and I think it's unrealistic for parents to try and make a PG bubble for kids to live in.
    I don't think you should be giving your 5 year old lessons on anal sex either, but I think they need to know that some things are not to be repeated.

Is it really OK to ask adults to censor themselves because of 'sensitive children's ears'?
    [/quote]

I think a bit like that myself.  If someone in public is doing something undesirable, I just point them out and go "Whoa, there's a living example of exactly WHY we don't do THAT!!!"

I swear like a sailor in front of my daughter.  Granted, when she was a toddler and at the stage of mimicking everything i said, i didnt do that.  But ages 5 and 14?  Theyre more than old enough for the "Do as i say, not as i do" rule.  It just never fails to crack me up that this country is so hung up on censoring everything to pieces.  I nearly had a heart attack when I went to the UK and they said "Fuck you" on network television.....but wouldnt it be a blast if that happened here?  I could just imagine how much more entertaining television would be.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=12488.msg722625#msg722625 date=1202346458]

Not the answer I was expecting. :lol:
    If you're the type that needs to curb his profanity...what hope do the rest of us have?
    [/quote]

LOL, I'm not quite the saint you might have me painted as my friend.  :lol:

Thread Information